wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
Africa plots mass walkout from ICC
TAZ
#61 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:01:34 PM

@yesuwangu, i hear you clearly and i agree let the ocampo six go to trial at the hague...i'm willing to wait for ICC verdict on that. In the mean time what do we with the other culprits who we all know should have been named. I just can't stand seeing them daily talking about justice.
YesuWangu
#62 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:07:47 PM

TAZ wrote:
@yesuwangu, i hear you clearly and i agree let the ocampo six go to trial at the hague...i'm willing to wait for ICC verdict on that. In the mean time what do we with the other culprits who we all know should have been named. I just can't stand seeing them daily talking about justice.

i know what you mean. Unfortunately, everybody is trying to out do each other in stupidity.
ecstacy
#63 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:32:47 AM

In this Hague debate, I think a lot has been lost in perspective.

When shall the small fish...the murderers, the rapists, arsonists, looters...have their day in court?

When shall the working team in ODM January 2008 - the brigade that continued marshaling violence even when it was obvious it had degenerated into ethnic cleansing - have their day in court?

What will NOW make ODM - (the pro-ICC) faction that refused to go to court and called for mass disobedience (violence) - trust the courts if they actually lose the election in 2012?

As some celebrate the predicament of the presidential candidates colleagues in PNU, let them know the debate should be allowed to move from the inevitable Hague process to REAL SOLUTIONS for our local problems. We have dictators lining up as presidential candidates...that can't be good for all of us!

Genghis Khan
#64 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 11:56:38 AM

YesuWangu wrote:
To those saying other culprits were left out, its important to note that the innocence of the named 6 is in no way determined by the guilt of others. The fact that others were not named does not mean your men are innocent. This idea of see-saw justice only exists in your heads.

Applause Applause Applause
Very well said...
"I'd rather be lucky than clever... every time!" - ME
"The problem is not what we don't know... it's what we know for sure that just ain't!" - MARK TWAIN
"Space we can recover... time never!" - NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
Genghis Khan
#65 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:12:55 PM

ecstacy wrote:
In this Hague debate, I think a lot has been lost in perspective. I agree.

When shall the small fish...the murderers, the rapists, arsonists, looters...have their day in court? The ICC does not in any way jeaopardise the possibility of this happening...this will be entirely upto the guys we put in state hse, governors, senators etc.

When shall the working team in ODM January 2008 - the brigade that continued marshaling violence even when it was obvious it had degenerated into ethnic cleansing - have their day in court? Ruto & Co. will spill the beans about Raila & Co... am almost certain. The same goes for the PNU lotsmile

What will NOW make ODM - (the pro-ICC) faction that refused to go to court and called for mass disobedience (violence) - trust the courts if they actually lose the election in 2012? Those who will be in ODM (or some other "vehicle") in 2012 will NOW think twice about "mapambano" considering their brothers in the Hague...

As some celebrate the predicament of the presidential candidates colleagues in PNU, let them know the debate should be allowed to move from the inevitable Hague process to REAL SOLUTIONS for our local problems. We have dictators lining up as presidential candidates...that can't be good for all of us! I honestly believe that real solutions will only come from new leaders with clearer consciences... lets vote wisely, we shall be ok, but only if we don't go tribal...

"I'd rather be lucky than clever... every time!" - ME
"The problem is not what we don't know... it's what we know for sure that just ain't!" - MARK TWAIN
"Space we can recover... time never!" - NAPOLEON BONAPARTE
masukuma
#66 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 9:52:58 PM

Who remembers the misplaced trust people had on ocampo back then? Does anyone remember the book - The Government Inspector?
Ocampo is like Khlestakov and Kenyans are the town. Kibaki and Raila are the mayor and civil society is Bobchinsky and Dobchinsky.
The Texans have a saying for such people as Ocampo! - all hat and no cattle.

The only other time the feeble minds of Kenyans have been derailed by stuff of no substance was during the Arturs! Mercenaries? Hahahaha!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Theu
#67 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:46:24 PM

newfarer wrote:
I dont care which 'process' is taken as long as I see justice being done to the 35 burned in a Church , the IDP out of the squalid condition, the raped mothers , men whose pine trees were cruelly cut ,and airports sealed with superglue, people whose hard started businesses were brought down etc.
And we have totally 100% failed to bring justice to these.
And we wait for these to happen once again NEXT YEAR ??????
Process!!!!! process!!!!process!!!!

Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause Applause
Theu
#68 Posted : Sunday, October 09, 2011 11:49:37 PM

Genghis Khan wrote:
YesuWangu wrote:
To those saying other culprits were left out, its important to note that the innocence of the named 6 is in no way determined by the guilt of others. The fact that others were not named does not mean your men are innocent. This idea of see-saw justice only exists in your heads.

Applause Applause Applause
Very well said...

Applause Applause Applause Applause Cant put it better.