wazua Sat, Sep 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages«<234
the kes hits 83-are cbk concerned about inflation?
Cde Monomotapa
#61 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:32:09 AM

Nabwire wrote:
OK I give up, you guys make it really hard to read your reports, wsup? Crown plaza Monomotapa, sasa najua where kukutafuta

Check under down-loads.
Nabwire
#62 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:46:36 AM

Nishaboeka, just give me a summary
Cde Monomotapa
#63 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:50:22 AM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
Nabwire wrote:
Najaribu kusoma annual report but wapi?? Whats with the really small print. So are you a shareholder or a part owner? What are your numbers? Net profit/loss, EPS, PE, ROI, sioni at all??

A part owner = share-holder. (i'm a long-term investor and not a speculator).

In summary, the group is coming out of losses and will spring back to profitability with the clipping of the SA biznas.

To me, as all my holdings in Zim, Afsun is a recovery/turn-around play i.e from losses to profits so as to "guarantee" me a return.

The hotels portfolio has resort and city hotels and my primary reason for buying into Afsun is for the city hotels as I expect a boom in business-travel into Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) and Afsun is the best company I have access to right now as it holds licenses to manage/operate Crowne Plaza, Best Western and Holiday Inn brands i.e renowned Intercontinental hotels brands which will attract high-value clients.

The group's focus is to diversify away from Zim which currently contributes the bulk of revenue by focusing expansion into West Africa (Ghana & Nigeria) and in Botswana.

@Nabwire..chew on this investment case for now. I need to sleep now!!
Nabwire
#64 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 12:54:56 AM

Lala salama, ukiamka pliz lemme know what the requirements are to invest in Zim, you sound very bullish on this country, it may be worth investing in.
Cde Monomotapa
#65 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:06:45 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Lala salama, ukiamka pliz lemme know what the requirements are to invest in Zim, you sound very bullish on this country, it may be worth investing in.

Yup, I'm bullish about Zim (SSA) and for U to invest it'll be easy coz the stocks are listed in USD. P.S: I get encouraged to hold Afsun when I see KQ opening more routes into SSA coz I know they are after the same thing...BUSINESS TRAVEL. Talk kesho.
Nabwire
#66 Posted : Thursday, September 22, 2011 1:11:19 AM

Goodnight Comrade, kesho lemme know how to open a CDS account to invest in Zim, thats what I meant. Nice talking with you.
Ndaragwa
#67 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 10:23:52 PM

kizee1 wrote:
so today the kes traded at 83.10/20, the mof(ps kinyua) said they will not intervene...now this is rather worrying given that
1.crude is at that +100 usd/bbl price
2.the country is facing drought and might need to import food
3. the micro/sme sector will hurt from a weak exchange rate
4. the country will soon turn to fuel generators

...al this makes me wonder whether we shall hit the much touted 6pct growth level...pros and cons exist one could say..whats ur take good folks? is any wazuan hurting/gaining from such a weak exchange rate?

Kizee1, you started this thread in March, quoting that the dollar was exchanging at 83 to the shilling. On Friday, the exchange rate was 99. That means the value of the shilling has fallen by approximately 20% in 6 months!!! Does it mean the price of imports has gone up by similar proportions? Quite scarily
hisah
#68 Posted : Sunday, September 25, 2011 11:48:07 PM

@Ndaragwa - most of the answers are here -> http://www.wazua.co.ke/f...aspx?g=posts&t=14178
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!