wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
Murang'a County
masukuma
#41 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:21:07 AM

@thuraku, the governor is the head of the bunduz government, but he will need to have staff to run around not as fluffy or elaborate as the central government but he is to the county what a president is to the country.

a pragmatic look at things...the MP will keep their salary as it is (until 2012 or beyond), since no worker in kenya gets a pay cut while in office citing stuff like loans they are "repaying" e.t.c.
Senators will be the next highest paid , above the MPs and then the County Governor. The Minister may or may not have the current salary since they will mostly constitute of entire new crop of leaders.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Jaina
#42 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:24:11 AM

Those Arguing from the cost point of view are failing to see the bigger picture.

1. No state officer (MP's, Governor's and Senetors etc) will earn more than one salary. Currently guys earn as Ministers, assistant ministers and still correct their tax-free Mp's salary.

2. All state officers are expected to pay taxes on their income.

3. Devolved county units will increase spending at the local level and create more jobs for the jobless youth. The whole idea of a County i think is borrowed from the CDF concept, but the so called COE failed to put more "meat" to the bone.

The only problem is that the current MP's are expected to pass numerous legislation to operationalise some of these clauses. In regards to their taxation, they may pass it in their favour. They might even increase their salaries from the current level to cushon themselves from the anticipated tax bunden. - Shelfishness at its best
mjuaji wa stocks
#43 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 9:55:40 AM

Guys e.g simon kabz…let us not be theoretical.

The truth is the cost of running this bloated gava will be immense!!

If the current cabinet and their assistants at only 42 +; what you think of such a big gava???

Fungueni macho bwana! Hata wao wenyewe wanasema round hii si mchezo…implementing this katiba is a big task…not by any other reason lakini finance…..

Not yet uhuru…..after 47yrs of independence and we r still looking elsewhere watuambie vile tutafanya our affairs and you guys are proud ????

Taxation ikianza….we will be talking another language….and BTW kabz…unakubaliana na ny’ong’o kuhusu NHIF?

Ni kama ile upuzi Kenyans walidanganywa eti they will recall non-performing mps….kenyans forgot/downplayed/assumed the fact that the conditions on which a non performing MP will be recalled will set out by the same MPS………seen that???

Now what about non performing senators and governers??

Emotions aside discuss the real issue……
God gave me the power to make wealth ... Blessed the work of my hands & enabled be A SELF MADE BILLIONAIRE ...... TO GOD THE FATHER OF MY LORD JESUS CHRIST; BE THE GLORY NOW & FOREVER MORE!

masukuma
#44 Posted : Wednesday, September 15, 2010 1:50:09 PM

I always fail to understand something....this business of spending at a local level vis-a-vis spending at a national level. Where is the so called National level, Nai?
I do understand the need for devolution i.e. HAVING PEOPLE AT A LOCAL LEVEL DECIDE WHAT TO DO WITH THEIR SHARE, but this does not necessarily mean the same amount on money being spent at national level if divided and sent to local levels would suddenly create jobs and if it were so, it means that the jobs that were implementing the same functions at a national level would somehow be rendered useless and thus would need removal.
Simply put, devolution is moving money from one pocket to some very small pockets (no creation of money or wealth). the only benefit of this is that the smaller pockets decide what they want to do with their money.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!