wazua Fri, Sep 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123
BEST ANTI VIRUS PROGRAMME.
sheep
#41 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:13:34 AM

murenj is now more confused than before!
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
bird_man
#42 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:25:55 AM

@Sheep....so true!
All anti viruses are good if you (1)Know how to use each and customize settings (2)Update them daily (3)Avoid exchanging flash disks etc all the time.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
mwenza
#43 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:31:59 PM

Outvestor wrote:
mwenza wrote:
@Outvester..............Thanx for your post but am not sure you have answered my concern.. And the issue was WHY BUY EXPENSIVE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE WHEN YOU CAN EASILY ACCESS CHEAP ONES FROM THE NET?

As sheep aptly puts it, the ones you pay for should actually come bundled with bells and whistles which an ordinary user might not make complete use of.On a corporate scale, the extras would make great sense.

I view them as paying someone handsomely to click the update button.

That makes sense. Thanks.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
mwenza
#44 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 12:37:27 PM

groupielove wrote:
I don't trust the free downloads especially when it comes to my Laptop (which is my main asset). I've used Norton 360 before and now I'm using Kaspersky 9.0.0.736, both of them genuine. I'd say Norton 360, though abit expensive is better of than Kaspersky. My assessment is based on thier ability to detect threats and act on them appropriately. Regular update is always the key when it comes to getting protected from latest threats

@groupielove

How did you get rid of the NORTON ANTIVIRUS? Got a pc and am unable to replace the Norton with kaspersky 2010 antivirus. Even after deleting/uninstalling the norton antivirus, the kaspersky seems to detect unseen traces of the norton antivirus and cant install.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
msotoville
#45 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 6:51:26 PM

@ Mwenza.

Download ccleaner (google it, its free).

It has an uninstaller amongst its tools. I'd also recommend that you use the cleaner and registry fix. This always works for me when I come across stubborn uninstallable apps.
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
msotoville
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 7:06:47 PM

bird_man wrote:
@Sheep....so true!
All anti viruses are good if you (1)Know how to use each and customize settings (2)Update them daily (3)Avoid exchanging flash disks etc all the time.

@ IMHO, what you need is a combination of programmes. In my case Avira, USB Security and ZoneAlarm - with this combi, you PC is like Fort Knox.

And for the Apple advocates - I do not see the advantage of buying some overpriced hardware with a 'cute' interface and crap for power as a solution.

For real, Apples are so lame that they dropped their hoitty toitty attitude and faced reality - why y'all think they switched to intel processors? smile
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
mukiha
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 18, 2010 10:22:53 PM

mwenza wrote:
@Outvester..............Thanx for your post but am not sure you have answered my concern.. And the issue was WHY BUY EXPENSIVE ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE WHEN YOU CAN EASILY ACCESS CHEAP ONES FROM THE NET?

I guess its for the same reason that 95% of computers use expensive OS (Windows) while there are free ones readily available (Linux)
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
murenj
#48 Posted : Thursday, August 19, 2010 5:03:18 PM

thanx guys for your contribution. I have settled for Commodo free edition that has a firewall, for offline scanning. It comes with a two way firewall that asks your permission when a programme is accessing the internet. It is a bit heavy on the resources but I like its effectiveness. I use it for offline scanning. I have also installed PANDA cloud anti virus for online scanning. I still like IMMUNET anti virus another cloud product that is very effective at blocking online threates. Then there is the good old auto run eater for the USB viruses. Sounds like a system overload, but I would rather.
raszag
#49 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 10:02:14 AM

NOD32 is great!!
Hardwork, Smartness & Humility = Successful and Happy life...Jipange sasa hivi
Intelligentsia
#50 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 7:01:47 PM

Billie wrote:
USB Disk Security removes most trojans from flash disks when it is inserted.
Winrar can be downloaded free and one uses it to open any removable storage media...

anyone with xperience on virus threats/counter-threats to data in USB Hard drives (I use Transcend 320GB)
jguru
#51 Posted : Sunday, August 22, 2010 7:04:50 PM

mwenza wrote:
groupielove wrote:
I don't trust the free downloads especially when it comes to my Laptop (which is my main asset). I've used Norton 360 before and now I'm using Kaspersky 9.0.0.736, both of them genuine. I'd say Norton 360, though abit expensive is better of than Kaspersky. My assessment is based on thier ability to detect threats and act on them appropriately. Regular update is always the key when it comes to getting protected from latest threats

@groupielove

How did you get rid of the NORTON ANTIVIRUS? Got a pc and am unable to replace the Norton with kaspersky 2010 antivirus. Even after deleting/uninstalling the norton antivirus, the kaspersky seems to detect unseen traces of the norton antivirus and cant install.

Download the Norton Removal Tool from the Symantec website. It removes any traces of Norton completely from your computer.
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.
mwenza
#52 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 11:23:47 AM

jguru wrote:
mwenza wrote:
groupielove wrote:

@groupielove

Download the Norton Removal Tool from the Symantec website. It removes any traces of Norton completely from your computer.

@jguru...............Have downloaded the Norton Removal Tool but its apparently interfering with some operating systems or may be even deleting some files unrelated to Norton anti-virus. When i run the Norton Removal Tool and restart the computer, the computer can only open under "safe mode".
jguru
#53 Posted : Monday, August 23, 2010 11:35:19 AM

@mwenza

It seems some of your OS system files are corrupted, or a virus got to them a while back. It is time to do a complete format and re-installation of your OS. After that re-install the other applications afresh.
Set out to correct the world's wrongs and you will most certainly wind up adding to them.