wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
Raila suspends Ruto, Ongeri
popi
#41 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 10:38:48 AM

Who gets political mileage? Of course Kukubo Nixon Jeremiah. Sounds familiar?
albertross
#42 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 10:45:58 AM

This country needs a benevolent dictator, someone who will do what needs to be done and damn the U.S the U.K and the E.U. This is our country and we need it to run in a manner that suggests we know what we are doing. If only Michuki was 50 years younger.

By the way in case oil or any other natural resource is discovered, let it stay in the ground!!!
ecstacy
#43 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 10:48:57 AM

Since RAO wants to play saint and corruption slayer:

When will RAO ask the Minister for Water and Irrigation to step aside over the massive water scandal to also allow for full investigations?

When will RAO ask the Medical Services Minister Prof Anyang’ Nyong’o to step aside temporarily for investigations into illegal ongoings at the Kenya Medical Training College?

Immigration Minister Otieno Kajwang’ over the illegal issuance of identity cards to Somali immigrants, and the colossal sums used to deport the Jamaican fugitive cleric Abdulla Al-Faisal?

As supervisor over all this, what responsibility does he take?

If he cannot do this, can Kenyans wake up and kick this politician to the kerb! He is not worth fighting for neither is MK.
muganda
#44 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 11:17:27 AM

Shame on you! Shame on us Wazuans.

Fact 1: No single person who has contributed to this thread is not biased. We harbour many unconscious-and unethical-biases that derail our decisions; granting favours to people with your same background-your nationality, your tribe or alma matter etc.

Fact 2: No single person contributing to this thread is a direct/first victim of maize or FPE scandal. We are all in the middle to upper class, all living on more that 1 or 3 dollars a day.

Fact 3: Politics is a game; before you can begin to think about politics at all, you have to abandon the notion that there is a war between good men and bad men.

So as we take time to engage in the game, while on our lunch break, spare a moment for the poor hungry illiterate Kenyan. He doesn't really care whether Kibaki is president or Raila looks upright - he's much too desperate anyway, and we are not sharing our lunch desk with him.

Some public servants are shutting out any hope for this poor hungry illiterate Kenyan - they should leave now! And then our political games can continue...
McReggae
#45 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 11:21:27 AM

......and it contnues:
In an interview with the BBC on Sunday night, the Prime minister said he had acted within the law, since he was only “disciplining errant ministers.”

I don’t have to consult him (President Kibaki)…I have not dismissed a minister, and that is where I need to consult the President, but just disciplining a minister who is errant, that I have the powers.”

He said the President had acted illegally by quashing the suspensions. “The President actually cannot revoke my suspension…of ministers… because I’m the supervisor and coordinator of government functions. That is the constitution. That function I do not share with anybody.”
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Nandwa
#46 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 11:22:31 AM

@Popi

Why does it hurt when a politician is called to account!!
I dont get it!

You can tell where I come from by merely looking at my leanings!!!

Are you basing your intepretation on any of my views over a broad spectrum of issues or is it my view in regard to the said politician only?
Are you in other words saying that people from Nyanza cant get critical of RAO?!

Amazing how people feel over dishonest politicians.
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
kadonye
#47 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 11:35:37 AM

My apologies for starting this thread. The political elite hav outwitted us. They knew we were bored of lack of news n decided to bring their closed door wars to the public. And we joined them in the theatre of the absurd!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
B.Timer
#48 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 11:35:45 AM

Master of self contradiction!

Earlier in the day Raila was asked by the local media guys if he had consulted the president and he answered in the affirmative.

Then he goes to BBC to renege on his own words!
With a PM like this we don’t need enemies.
Dunia ni msongamano..
Fundaah
#49 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 11:48:31 AM

To the defenders of corruption:

Just incase you have not seen this

Njunge wrote:
@Funda,
I happen to know the said disabled man whom Ruto gave a thousand bags of maize.....A wheeler dealer from Kwa-Mbira in Limuru.The fellow lost his legs while removing goods from a train (Kata hema)....not to mention that the dude is damn rich.....Hmmm....!!Some things are better not displayed....lol.

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
E2D
#50 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 11:56:00 AM

Nandwa wrote:

@Popi

I dont get it!

Are you basing your intepretation on any of my views over a broad spectrum of issues or is it my view in regard to the said politician only?
Are you in other words saying that people from Nyanza cant get critical of RAO?!

Maybe jst 1 comment on this thread on the above.
Nandwa, I believe that the spirit of this forum is not to hang wazurians to always accept your views,opinions or attitude for that matter.
well,personally waiting to c how things playout 4 the two pigs, but you continuing to spread your lawless attitute in the name of 'views over a broad spectrum of issues' can purely be interpreted as the opposite, that is 'views over very narrow spectrum etc etc'.
to be wise is to either express your views in a manner that does not raise emotions of other bloggers/contributors or simply put it..SHUT UP!!
nobody is interested in knowing which politicians you agree with/admire/hate/love to hate or watever. that, that, shud be expressed and discussed with your family.period.
peace be with u
Nandwa
#51 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:04:00 PM

Wa wa wa wa!

Raw emotions!!
All for a maverick of a politician!!!!.

Someone define fanatism.
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic
Njung'e
#52 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:05:27 PM

Pastor M ......A prayer for this two idiots is in ordePray r......See what they have brought us too??
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
popi
#53 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:06:16 PM

Nandwa wrote:

@Popi

I dont get it!

@Nandwa
U can criticize RAO for all I care. Personally, I dont feel anything for him. Actually, I find him a bit too .... (let me not finish). The point I was trying to say is that, it sometimes pays to give credit where it is due - Mau issue for example. Lakini wewe, I have realizd (and perhaps many other Wazurians going by their posts elsewhere) that what u seem to have against the guy is may be too deep or personal such that it seems to always cloud your personal judgment of the guy. Anytime I see a post by Nandwa, I can almost imagine you will bring RAO in and do you chafua the guy!!
Jaina
#54 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:07:16 PM

Diversionally Tactics will always persist in the kenyan political landscape. We have all over sudden forgoten the Constitution, forgot the Overflowing Milk and uncolllected maize. Forgotten that only last year there was a big drought, forgot that we still have IDP's. All we are talking about is 4 shameless men. They are there for their own personal gains and to protect their damn power and Ego.

What would a farmer whose milk was poured last week say about these politics?. What would the farmers in Bura Irrigation scheme say when they watch their maize lot coz of lack of transport?. What would a parent say whose kid cannot go to school coz there is no money distributed there to run the school?. Does an IDP care who the minister for what is??.

All i can say is, our country need Prayers. Our leaders need wisdom froM God to and take us away from the tension that is building allover again.

Although Mutahi Ngunyi may be wrong, i sometimes think he may also be right.

Pastor M
#55 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:22:32 PM

Elder.........I m busy praying for the childrean who will miss education,praying for the person who do not know where his/her next meal will come,I m praying for the farmer who does not know where to take all the milk,but as I pray a cursing word accidentaly leaves my mouth..I curse the politicians..but I apologies because its me who made a wrong choose now poor childrean's money is being stolen.The two leaders are fighting for the authority.I curse THE DAY 27-12-2007 the day I voted.I betrayed the childrean(under 18's who didnt vote),I betrayed my country too yes....because I was thinking about my TRIBE,I was told if another tribe won the big sit my tribe would be destroyed and we will not eat the national cake now they have eaten and they want authority...God you have the authority to forgive......God you have the authority to sack...God you have the authority to appoint..God appoint for us LEADERS..on our own we will elect the same self seekers.God bless Kenya.Pray Pray javascript:insertsmiley('Pray%20','/Images/Emoticons/eusa_pray.gif')
Nandwa
#56 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:25:21 PM

@Popi
In that case then, you and I can do business together.
I have absolutely nothing personal against RAO.
However it hurts me to see him play puppetry with the people of Kenya.
For ever playing them through insincere and propagandist schemes.
Using those tactics he managed to hoodwink many people to follow him in the last elections.
I find it unacceptable that he should continue to peddle his costly lies.
I admit sometimes I may use strong language against him, but I check to stay objective.
You and I can have some civilized debate about my stance towards RAO.
Can you highlight blow by blow any allegation I made about him that is overly untrue and malicious.
If you convince me I will be willing to eat my words and apologise – after all, swallowing words has never given anybody constipation.
Generalisation is easy and escapist.
McReggae
#57 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:35:31 PM

Teachers fury at Ongeri confession!!!
"The only thing I can be accused of is that when I joined the ministry, I did my calculations and found the infrastructure money flowing to Nyanza between 2003 to 2008 was Sh1.123 billion. Of that Kisii got a mere Sh188 million," said Ongeri.

He added: "If were talking about equity, fairness and access…I’d seen the calculations were wrong and I had to correct them".

http://www.standardmedia...=159&story=Teachers’ fury at Ongeri confession
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
B.Timer
#58 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 12:41:15 PM

@Jaina
Did you review your standpoint in regard to Mutahi Ngunyis “analyses” if his articles qualify to be called that.
Was it not with you that we couldn’t agree if Mutahi Ngunyi had any insights in his articles or he just wrote to provoke debate for the heck of it.
Thanks for beginning to agree albeit belatedly
Dunia ni msongamano..
Hi-Lo
#59 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 1:01:11 PM

...I think RAO opponents need to come up with their own 2012 theme tickets...instead clubbing RAO's to the ground...he tried "environment ticket"..zip...now has tried "corruption ticket"...zap. The old ticket "constitution" is history nor can "constellation" ticket work with KKK* in formation...time is running out...what to do?
Jaina
#60 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 1:03:03 PM

@ B.Timer,

His articles makes sense in most cases but he also like RAO has a habbit of contradicting himself.

His conclusion that this GNU is a fellowship of thieves and only common denominator is corruption summarises everything.

Since life has to move on, lets take the positive things and pray for that which we really want. God will answer to our prayers. Kenya is still by far one of the best countries our politicians makes are the ones who make it a mess.