wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
KDN JUST ANOTHER KENYAN ISP
KulaRaha
#41 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:32:05 AM

Whats the point of having a forum when you do idiotic things like change the subject to read something "poltically correct".

Wazua, you're losing your charm...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
wazua
#42 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:57:53 AM

Dear Members,

Moderation is an art and not a science. We may not get it right 100% of the time but we must remain guided by principles of free expression and fairness. We hope to respect the reputation of others so as to uphold Wazua's reputation.

To characterize 'KDN as the worst ISP' may be emotionally correct but is factually wrong. Whilst respecting the contribution of @alma, we chose to slightly alter the title as now shown. We still believe in reading the thread, member's message still gets through very clearly.

Lastly, you will recall on launching Wazua we did invite members to form a moderation panel with limited response. In time we hope to actualise this objective, because as is evident, we can get it wrong sometimes.

Thank you for choosing to be a part of Wazua.
alma
#43 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:00:32 AM

First of all, I would like to state my utmost annoyance with wazua for changing my heading.

It was and still remains

KDN worst Kenyan ISP.

Please Wazua admin, I have just demonstrated to you how I can quickly rank a web page when I am annoyed. I am currently working on "KDN" itself.

So be nice and return the money you were paid by KDN moles to remove the original headline.

Current Situation

I have no internet as we speak. I am now back to orange and will stick there for sometime.

I have written to the following people at KDN. edited by alma. I was just in a bad mood.

Not one of them has replied to my emails. Djanne that is in their escalation procedures. Phone calls from my office are being answered ...."Oh it's you?"

This is KDN for you. For those who claim that this is a good isp, then think again.

I will update further.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
bird_man
#44 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:11:38 AM

@Alma,sorry but I find you annoying and childish.There are so many happy KDN customers (like me,and no I'm not paid by them!).I support Wazua, you cannot black mail every company in Kenya by saying you will rank negative comments about them top on Google. It is unfair and very childish.

I would suggest you sort your issues with them or simply migrate to a better option. We used to pay 560k for a 256kbps link from some ISP, now we pay around 102k for a 1Mbps link from KDN and its as fast as hell. The link goes down once in maybe 2 weeks....and for maybe kitu 2hours.

Please get serious.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
KulaRaha
#45 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:16:37 AM

wazua wrote:
Dear Members,

Moderation is an art and not a science. We may not get it right 100% of the time but we must remain guided by principles of free expression and fairness. We hope to respect the reputation of others so as to uphold Wazua's reputation.

To characterize 'KDN as the worst ISP' may be emotionally correct but is factually wrong. Whilst respecting the contribution of @alma, we chose to slightly alter the title as now shown. We still believe in reading the thread, member's message still gets through very clearly.

Wazua

You are not moderating, you are adultering the message alma is passing. When did "just another ISP" mean "the worse ISP"??

Further, who made you the authority to decide that the "worse ISP" tag is factually incorrect. You cannot prove that any more than alma can prove the contrary.

I think moderation should be limited to personal insults etc.

Pls read:

http://www.communityspar...tively-moderate-forums/

http://laurelpapworth.com/how-to-moderate-forum/

Editing a post is the worse and most draconian form of moderation.
muganda
#46 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:20:16 AM

Aiisssh @bird_man, a tad unfair. I think @alma has pointed out his greviances clearly though he's clearly upset and demands better!

Come to think of it, though is the problem the fact that these IPS's are moving into new terrains:
-KDN was not really an ISP but backhaul provider. Have used Swift before and heard they merged their technical departments so overwhelmed.
-Access primarily SME before. Have used them also but now the are trying to provision Home users with installation problems
-Zuku acquired Mitsuminet who had more experience with home TV installations. Have tried to get connection from them, but they were expanding rapidly and unable to service office market effectively

Just thoughts...
bird_man
#47 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:22:53 AM

KulaRaha....would it be better for Wazua to delete the post?I find it wrong for someone to complain and work on making sure that a Company's negative comments appear number 1 on Google....just try do a search now. I don't think you would wish the same for your company.This is why Kenya needs better enforcement when it comes to cyber related crime.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Pinket
#48 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:29:48 AM

@ Alma come done...truth hurts you know. If your not happy with KDN deal with them personally...us guys we are happy and we will continue our SERVICES WITH KDN as this is ONE OF THE MOST RELIABLE SERVICE we have...there is no comparison with the rest ATALL...THANKS TO KDN! GO KDN...UR DOING GOOD!
alma
#49 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:39:06 AM

First I wish to apologise for posting those emails and will delete them.

As for birdman why be personal?

Are you the same fellow who was selling people's emails on sk?

Are you the same fellow who got 200k from kcb for a website that is not w3c compliant

here is a result of the site.

Follow the birdman link

Result: 82 Errors, 37 warning(s)

I suggest you go fix the above issues before calling anyone childish or unknowledgeable here.

The only issue I raised was simple.

KDN customer service sucks.

I wrote this topic on Thursday last week. I have been very chronological about it.

If you are from KDN and hate it, I suggest you do something about it.

The days of the internet are here. Companies in Kenya promising such and such speeds and never delivering will be shown for the whole world to see.

A simple issue becomes overblown by your own actions.

I will post tommorow on any progress. If I have not been banned by wazua that is.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
wazua
#50 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:39:06 AM

Dear KulaRaha,

Thank you for your active feedback. Please put our moderation effort in perspective:
--thread has almost 50 posts and no text was changed at all
--our amendment was made on the 7th day of post
--message was not hidden in any way; it was even highlighted message in our twitter feed contributing to additional interest
--in a public forum different partisan interests collide; no independent studies/references were cited to support the "worst" claim

Also consider that while our effort was measured and done after careful consideration; @alma is quite upset with KDN
alma wrote:
so forgive me if I am about to just bombard the internet with "I HATE KDN", and "KDN KENYA is a Scam", keyword

Despite the moderation, we believe substance of the message is still very clear and free expression upheld - a key pillar of Wazua.

Our apologies to @alma, @KulaRaha, and other members for any unintentional misunderstanding caused by our moderation.

We also urge all members to desist from personal attacks in discussing this sensitive issue.

KulaRaha
#51 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 11:44:54 AM

Editing a post in a forum hiding behind the excuse of "moderation" is just not done!

Lock the thread if you must, but editing the post?? Surely, you are not amateurs.
blackthought
#52 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:08:51 PM

"Wazua...Just Another Kenyan Forum!!!"---(means whatever you want it to mean!!!)

The antiques pulled by the wazua folk today, has totally proved this!!!...It is almost as if the wazua guys have already taken sides and came in with their "big-stick" (the power of Admin) to "clean house"Shame on you thats not right at all! you guys should have kept the authenticity of @alma's topic intact, or you should have changed it immediately it was created last week, coming in now shows that you guys may be leaning too much on KDN's side!

Or, just tell us not to use words like "Worst" 0r, "bad",(create your list here) in the topics we may choose to create!!!smile

More Power to @alma!!!

what else can i say?...(hope i am not punished for this)Pray
KulaRaha
#53 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:10:42 PM

Blackthought, reminds you of Kenya in the early 80s....soon we will all be banned for sedition!!!

Mwakenya
bird_man
#54 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:11:11 PM

@Alma,I'm not refuting that you have had poor service with KDN,I just don't like how you go ranting about it and negatively increasing their Google search rankings.

Now back to me.....about email adds,I halted that venture when I realized it was illegal and very controversial.I also said I made 200k from a Kenyan site.....not KCB.The KCB site was done by one big Kenyan website design company I hear for 3Milli.You can call them and ask if interested.
blackthought
#55 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:30:15 PM

KulaRaha wrote:
Blackthought, reminds you of Kenya in the early 80s....soon we will all be banned for sedition!!!

Mwakenya

@ Kularaha...True, true!!!

Wooooi, Wooooi!!!! Nyayo house...torture...account banning!!!!

why do they need users, if they will just "Edit" stuff as they see fit? they should just create Pre-defined Topics d'oh! that we the "Humble users" should contribute to, and then they can also edit our comments in those pre-defined topics to make sure they are "factual" (or whatever reason they gave for editing @alma's post)

That way wazua can have a nice, clean "politically correct" site! with users who love and fear the powerful Admins!!!Laughing out loudly

hehe!!!

it is sad what we are seeing on this forum!

KulaRaha
#56 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:36:35 PM

Prob KDN (or whoever) spends advertising here, so these guys are screwed coz they sold their souls....anytime you criticise their sponsor, they'll ride in like crusaders on white horses....

I am so shocked they edited this post, I've never seen anything like this on any other forum. Usually they lock the thread and ban you for cool off for a few days. But to adulterate your content?? How primitive!
kyt
#57 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 12:44:06 PM

@ birdman, just kubali ume-beat in this sector of defending KDN. Umechapa, umechapa! Simple.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
bird_man
#58 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 1:03:51 PM

Hehe Kyt!
Wacha niache hii mambo ya KDN,we are getting nowhere.Worst of all is nai-defend sana na hata silipwi!Laters man!
blackthought
#59 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 2:40:15 PM

We All have a "price" i wonder what was wazua's?

Hmmmm!!!!
lukandu
#60 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 3:02:36 PM

Just seen this post.

First I must apologize for the experience you had. I hope it was an isolated case because I know we strive to offer the best service. I believe thats how we reached where we are

Thanks to all who came to KDN s defense. I am a KDN person and thus I ill try to answer a few questions and follow up on behalf of all who have any issues.

Lets start with the post and make a few technical issues clear.

First of all, they gave us an IP address in Tanzania.....

-- IP s are assigned by AFRINIC to a legally registered entity. In this case the IPs were assigned to Swift TZ (Altech stream TZ), which ideally is KDN in TZ.. We are allowed to use this IP legally on any of our network nodes as long as we originate with our ASN. For example if i have a client in TZ and my internet GW is in kenya their is nothing illegal or technically wrong assigning them an IP in kenya. ---

For those who don't understand, this is illegal and can and has been used by terrorists to hide their exact location.

---Even if the client was in London I am allowed to do this. So the legality bit with all due respect does not arise here. All that is needed is a reverse DNS entry to the client name..e.g wazua200.co.ke-- Otherwise how would providers sell their capacity overseas/crossborder without the IPs "crossing borders" ? As for terrorist using reverse DNS entries to hide identity... well they would not last an hour. From any WHOIS you ill be able to find who owns this IP space. A looking glass will tell you exactly which AS originated this and in 5 mins someone will be at your door step. Trust me,there was nothing wrong (legally and technically) or ill intentioned when this IP was given to you or any other person

It took 1 Week to change something that normally takes 10 minutes.
-- Apologies for this. If you still have this problem and you are willing to work with us again, please give me your ticket number and I ill be on it. ipsol@kdn.co.ke is the e-mail ---

I don't even want to tell you how some IT guy can lie straight faced that the company IP was in Kenya.

-- Whoever it was , he did not lie. I just wish you had pasted a simple ping and trace to your gateway and the latency and trace would tell you the next hop and the distances involved. If you are on fiber you would take 2 ms to reach your GW. Anything beyond 7 ms you are out of MSA. TZ would definitely give you much more. He probably advised that we do a reverse dns entry. If you had a domain, we would reverse it to your name. It was an oversight that we did not reverse to KDN Kenya. This however would not affect your service in any way apart from perhaps having some sites pointing to tz e.g google.co.tz ---

Second. We paid for this corporate account last year before christmas.
One month later, we have had no day when we had internet connection.

-- I can only apologize for this and promise to offer you a better experience--

I am serious. No internet connection that lasts more than 10 minutes before it is dropped.

-- This definitely is strange. Need to be really looked into. Again please if I can get the ticket number. Otherwise anybody on SEACOM should be browsing in intervals of 10 mins. ---

Third I will talk about customer service...

-- I have this escalated to our customer support manager. And again I cant apologize enough