wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
ZUKU starts a price war?
blackthought
#41 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 9:18:21 AM

inf8nity wrote:
Hey blackthought hope this isn't late i use Access@Home 512kpbs.
I totally get what i pay for. Here is a screen shot of the speed test run from speedtest.net taken today at 11a.m

As you can see from the test i get 0.51Mb/s for Download and 0.10Mb/s for upload.

For those that don't know Communication Solutions Ltd. is Access Kenya.

Hope this is helpful.Laughing out loudly

Check Out the Screen Shot

@inf*nity, thanks for the info. i signed up with access@home...had thought of zuku before but decided to watch from the sidelines and see what people have to say about them 1st.

at this rate, access@home might be the only solution for somesmile
inf8nity
#42 Posted : Thursday, December 17, 2009 5:44:56 PM

Nice move Black! You will love it with them especially the support is superb!smile
KulaRaha
#43 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 4:57:25 AM

blackthought wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
I have a shared 256k line from tangerine at home and it never registers less than 200k...

How do you find the tangerine service? is it any good? BTW...i thought tangerine offer dedicated speeds...unless i am mistaken. i want to try out access kenya...should be visiting them in like 1 hour (anyone out there who has ever used them...and would like to share their experience--good and bad. Could help me change my mind smile

The countdown begins now...(tick, tick...) hehe!

HELP!

Everyone claims to have dedicated speeds, no one really gives them!!!! Its all hogwash....

Tangerine is good, half the price of access, half the installation cost, responsive guys...so far.
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
inf8nity
#44 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 8:04:04 AM

@KulaRaha how much do you pay for 256k with tangerine
KulaRaha
#45 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 8:06:02 AM

4400/=
inf8nity
#46 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 8:11:56 AM

Not much difference with Access. I used to pay 4640/= for 256k. Now i pay 6960/= for 512k.
KulaRaha
#47 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 8:20:52 AM

4640 for 256k all day?
kyt
#48 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 8:49:26 AM

hi guys, is there anyone with an experience of using the orange 3g+ services in Zimmerman? i went to their offices at GPO and they told me that they have problems owing to the tall buildings. Anyone with an-experience? please share. thank you.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
inf8nity
#49 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 9:25:09 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
4640 for 256k all day?

Sure 24/7Laughing out loudly

Anyway Tangerine isn't in Mombasa yet but i would love to try them out sometime.
muganda
#50 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 9:31:41 AM

Wawawawawa, @inf8nity you need to clarify. You mean all along the Access@Home only works at night????
inf8nity
#51 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 9:40:42 AM

muganda wrote:
Wawawawawa, @inf8nity you need to clarify. You mean all along the Access@Home only works at night????

Not really @muganda was just answering

Quote:
KulaRaha wrote:
4640 for 256k all day?

Whatever he meant by that.smile
KulaRaha
#52 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 9:49:03 AM

what I meant is access gives 128k during the day and 256k after 6 pm at 4640.

Maybe inf8nity gets special pricing...

(or perhaps works for access?)
inf8nity
#53 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 10:07:16 AM

Oh I now get you Kularaha nowadays its all day long since they started using the fiber optics.
blackthought
#54 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2009 11:43:23 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
blackthought wrote:
KulaRaha wrote:
I have a shared 256k line from tangerine at home and it never registers less than 200k...

How do you find the tangerine service? is it any good? BTW...i thought tangerine offer dedicated speeds...unless i am mistaken. i want to try out access kenya...should be visiting them in like 1 hour (anyone out there who has ever used them...and would like to share their experience--good and bad. Could help me change my mind smile

The countdown begins now...(tick, tick...) hehe!

HELP!

Everyone claims to have dedicated speeds, no one really gives them!!!! Its all hogwash....

Tangerine is good, half the price of access, half the installation cost, responsive guys...so far.

Hey kularaha!...access@home have a special offer too...Free installation! so i only payed for the plan that i wanted. I think they will get quite a few new customers using this as what was putting off most people was their high installation costs, etcsmile
blackthought
#55 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2009 2:34:37 PM

@inf*nity, and Kularaha, btw would you guys have info on the coverage of AK across Nairobi? was told that some areas can't receive connection as they are either not covered or have lots of obstacles (i.e; trees, etc) I would think that these guys should be very well covered esp. around the Nairobi area.

Any one has info on this? please?!!!
inf8nity
#56 Posted : Wednesday, December 23, 2009 3:32:51 PM

They have pretty good coverage except in places that they claim have few interested customers. But incase they get a good number of requests for survey from that area they usually put a base station nearby.
blackthought
#57 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 8:36:04 PM

What the hell is up with our ISPs??? the access kenya dudes still haven't got back to me...i have already paid, but no connection yet!!!!WTF? i am still hanging on to them, wish they do some follow up though, its getting irritating! I also do not understand why they Sub-contract the installation to other smaller companies who dont really care on doing adequate customer service! I think that they should be able to do the installation by themselves (i think it may work out better).

Right now i am in Limbo (no connection, no nothing!!!!) It is f*@#ing annoying!!!

Anyone out there knows of a "better option"?

NOTE: the sub-contractor guys....@#**%!!!! thats all i have to say!

Peace!!!!!
AmHere
#58 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:53:57 AM

What a wicked turn of events. Maybe @inf8nity can shed light. I am changing service providers by February next year and so far, my money is on Tangerine for the following reasons:

-I have ruled out MSPs either due to cost but mainly due to too many users and the competing demands of voice thus much less data speeds. Case in point, Zain which wildly oscillates from 1kbps to 30kbps

-Zuku is hawking a cheap broadband data + broadband TV package. Not sure how this impacts the data service. Not comfortable with this for same reason indicated for MSPs above.

-Access Kenya. These guys were looking good but I am steering clear because:
1. Their retail user base may be too big for them to service on time
2. They obviously give priority to corporate clients when allocating support resources.
What is interesting is that @blackthought's experience with Access Kenya is something that a number of folks had warned me about with waiting times for onsite support sometimes hitting 3 weeks!

So unless I unearth any other material info, I will be switching to Tangerine.

Their main drawback though is coverage.
blackthought
#59 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:21:01 AM

AmHere wrote:
What a wicked turn of events. Maybe @inf8nity can shed light. I am changing service providers by February next year and so far, my money is on Tangerine for the following reasons:

-I have ruled out MSPs either due to cost but mainly due to too many users and the competing demands of voice thus much less data speeds. Case in point, Zain which wildly oscillates from 1kbps to 30kbps

-Zuku is hawking a cheap broadband data + broadband TV package. Not sure how this impacts the data service. Not comfortable with this for same reason indicated for MSPs above.

-Access Kenya. These guys were looking good but I am steering clear because:
1. Their retail user base may be too big for them to service on time
2. They obviously give priority to corporate clients when allocating support resources.
What is interesting is that @blackthought's experience with Access Kenya is something that a number of folks had warned me about with waiting times for onsite support sometimes hitting 3 weeks!

So unless I unearth any other material info, I will be switching to Tangerine.

Their main drawback though is coverage.

some say access is great...some say zuku...some say tangerine...some say (put your fav ISP here)...i think at times its all a bunch of B.S!!! coz who can actually verify that all the fantastic reviews are from *genuine* customers and not their company employees simply trying to deceive people that "the ISP they use is the best"!!!!

Hmmm, i don't know anymore! one thing i know is that zuku have a poor customer service..was at their offices a while back before access kenya..the lady there Shame on you had a bad attitude (you would think i was trying to hit on her or something) never answered my questions I ask why get a job in the client service dept if you have a pathetic attitude towards people?

Don't know much about Tangerine...@AmHere, any info on them? do you use them (Honestly?)

I guess this is why we have the "Vision 2030" perhaps in the many years to come our ISPs will have grown up...WTF!!!!!

Coming to think of it, THIS IS AFRICA!!! so why should we even bother to complain? d'oh!

Taking a 30 minute break i have ranted enough for one morning!
inf8nity
#60 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 7:37:45 AM

AmHere wrote:
What a wicked turn of events. Maybe @inf8nity can shed light.

Blackthought its true access outsource the installation to 3rd party companies.
I think the main reason for your delay is probably many people did subscribe for Access@Home because of the free installation offer!
And the Installation guys are still very few! I totally agree that sucks! There is never a free lunchLaughing out loudly