wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

7 Pages<12345>»
Friday 27th is therefore my leave day!!!!!!!
Swenani
#41 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 5:45:44 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

@Hamburglar,refusing to speak your mothertoungue is STUPID....ni ujinga tu!
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
hamburglar
#42 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:12:38 PM

Swenani wrote:
Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

How is it stupid? It would help if you didn't just hurl empty insults.

Actually, i don't refuse to speak my mother tongue, my issue is that i can't speak a lick of Kikuyu to save my lfe and i am very ok with it. I have done well for myself in life without knowing how to speak Kiuk so i don't see where knowing how to speak Kikuyu in my journey through life would have helped me move forward.

On the contrary, being a Kikuyu diehard have probably held me back and made me a tribal idiot like so many Kiuks i see walking around lying to themselves that they are superior to other tribes because the president is from their tribe and mara sijui they are the majority, sijui they are rich, and a bunch of other delusional crap. I dodged a bullet on that front and i am glad am not one of those imbeciles. Besides, had i been fluent in Kikuyu anyway, i still wouldn't speak it in public, maybe it's just me but some things just seem retrogressive and don't add any value to my life. If somebody is Kiuk and can converse in Swahili or English, then that's what we will converse in, i don't care what they think about me.

And this goes to all the other tribes, if i am in your company and you switch to mother tongue mode, rest assured that i will call you out on that shit, if you don't like it and don't feel like being my friend anymore, then so be it but don't pull that mother tongue crap when there are people of other tribes in our midst. I really don't have patience for bigotry.

I was born in a cosmopolitan city (Nairobi), been lucky to travel extensively and growing up, had friends from all tribes with who we spoke Swahili and English and got along very very well. Am not about to change that innocent approach to life now that am older and suddenly start spewing Kikuyu hate with other Kikuyus towards other tribes that were my childhood friends. It's primitive, disrespectful, and yes STUPID. Hiyo Swenani ndio ujinga ile kubwa. smile
Swenani
#43 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:26:25 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Actually, i don't refuse to speak my mother tongue, my issue is that i can't speak a lick of Kikuyu to save my lfe and i am very ok with it. I have done well for myself in life without knowing how to speak Kiuk so i don't see where knowing how to speak Kikuyu in my journey through life would have helped me move forward.

On the contrary, it would have probably held me back and made me a tribal idiot like so many Kiuks i see walking around lying to themselves that they are superior to other tribes because the president is from their tribe and mara sijui they are the majority, sijui they are rich, and a bunch of other delusional crap. I dodged a bullet on that front and i am glad am not one of those imbeciles. Besides, had i been fluent in Kikuyu, i still wouldn't speak it in public, maybe it's just me but some things just seem retrogressive and don't add any value to my life. If somebody is Kiuk and can converse in Swahili or English, then that's what we will converse in, i don't care what they think about me.

I was born in a cosmopolitan city (Nairobi), been lucky to travel extensively and growing up, had friends from all tribes with who we spoke Swahili and English and got along very very well. Am not about to change that innocent approach to life now that am older and suddenly start spewing Kikuyu hate with other Kikuyus towards other tribes that were my childhood friends. It's primitive, disrespectful, and yes STUPID. Hiyo Swenani ndio ujinga ile kubwa. smile

Quote:
A lot of people from my tribe get pissed off at me when they talk to me in Kiuk and i answer in English, i refuse to be a tribal neanderthal. If you can't speak a language that everybody understands then don't talk to me in your language. I don't have any apologies to make because i am not a people pleaser and i will not entertain tribal bigotry.

These ethnic tribes and languages are primitive, how do they even help anybody in this globalized world? Style up people, just coz am Kiuk does not mean that i receive a monthly stipend in the mail. The percentage of Kiuks who benefit from a Kiuk presidency is something like 0.00001. The rest of us have to earn a living like every other tribe in Kenya. C'mon guys, let's step into the 21st century already. Quit with the tribal BS.

I'm not hurling insults but I still insist that that's very primitive and stupid way of thinking and looking at ethnic languages(see your stupid highlighted in red above). Who said you can't speak kikuyu, swahili and English. The only issue is when you use your native language in a public cosmopolitan place.

It doesn't make sense to go to an interior remote place in central and start talking to people in English or Swahili, that's not intelligent but stupid and primitive.

When you speak Turkana it doesnt make you a tribal, I have met someone who doesnt speak his native language because he grew up in Nairobi yet voted someone in last elections just because they come from the same tribe.

Not everyone who speaks their native language is a tribal but some people who can't speak their native languages are tribal
If Obiero did it, Who Am I?
hamburglar
#44 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:48:05 PM

Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:

On the contrary, it would have probably held me back and made me a tribal idiot like so many Kiuks i see walking around lying to themselves that they are superior to other tribes because the president is from their tribe and mara sijui they are the majority, sijui they are rich, and a bunch of other delusional crap. I dodged a bullet on that front and i am glad am not one of those imbeciles. Besides, had i been fluent in Kikuyu, i still wouldn't speak it in public, maybe it's just me but some things just seem retrogressive and don't add any value to my life. If somebody is Kiuk and can converse in Swahili or English, then that's what we will converse in, i don't care what they think about me.

Quote:
A lot of people from my tribe get pissed off at me when they talk to me in Kiuk and i answer in English, i refuse to be a tribal neanderthal. If you can't speak a language that everybody understands then don't talk to me in your language. I don't have any apologies to make because i am not a people pleaser and i will not entertain tribal bigotry.

These ethnic tribes and languages are primitive, how do they even help anybody in this globalized world? Style up people, just coz am Kiuk does not mean that i receive a monthly stipend in the mail. The percentage of Kiuks who benefit from a Kiuk presidency is something like 0.00001. The rest of us have to earn a living like every other tribe in Kenya. C'mon guys, let's step into the 21st century already. Quit with the tribal BS.

I'm not hurling insults but I still insist that that's very primitive and stupid way of thinking and looking at ethnic languages(see your stupid highlighted in red above). Who said you can't speak kikuyu, swahili and English. The only issue is when you use your native language in a public cosmopolitan place.

It doesn't make sense to go to an interior remote place in central and start talking to people in English or Swahili, that's not intelligent but stupid and primitive.

Swenani, kwani how early did you start drinking today? You are disputing common sense. Anybody with half a brain knows that you can't speak English or Swahili to some guka deep in shaggs that doesn't understand it. You have to weigh the situation and deduce from it. That is common sense.

When you speak Turkana it doesnt make you a tribal, I have met someone who doesnt speak his native language because he grew up in Nairobi yet voted someone in last elections just because they come from the same tribe.

Well, that's not tribal, that's just being an idiot. There is no other way you can classify such idiocy. Some people are just born idiots, whether they can speak their mother tongue or not is secondary.

Not everyone who speaks their native language is a tribal but some people who can't speak their native languages are tribal

I didn't say people who speak their mother tongues are tribal, i said that people who speak their mother tongue when people of other tribes and nationalities are present are the tribal idiots.
masukuma
#45 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 6:58:46 PM

hardwood wrote:
masukuma wrote:
some people brag about their ethnicities like they worked for them! Being proud of you ethnicity BECAUSE OF THE ACHIEVEMENTS OF PEOPLE OF A SIMILAR HERITAGE IS STUPID!! it's daft coz Lupita or Kibaki did not Wangari Mathaii did not do what they did because they were of that ethnicity they did what they did because they worked for it. If we think of Luos and Kikuyus as being poles- The stupidity of ethnic chauvinism is so mentally disabling that a beggar of one pole can afford to flaunt his ethnicity to a counterpart of the other pole. Saying MTU WETU.... Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly na NYOTE unakufa na umaskini!! bure kabisa!! In away I tend to find nepotism more beneficial to the persons who engage in it than ethnicity... ETHNICITY IS STUPID!! DAFT!! MAFI YA KUKU!!

Wacha ujinga. Luos have always been expressing pride in their luoness on this forum and you have never complained. You even started a thread for them titled "The Luo people" where they gloat everyday about their ethnicity! But when a kikuyu like me proclaims my pride for my kikuyuness and my people, you go balistic. Ethnicity now becomes what you term "stupid, daft, mafi ya kuku". I hate hypocrisy. What is good for a luo is good for a kikuyu.

Who said I was insulting you? Don't take things so personally!
there is a difference my friend between self celebration (AKA ethnic chauvinism) and being celebrated by others... the thread i started was to celebrate LUOS... it's not self celebration by LUOS. if you notice self celebration always ends up with fights but celebration or positive attribution by others ends up in ethnic harmony! or that has never occurred to you?
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
hardwood
#46 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:00:48 PM

When an englishman speaks the language of his forefathers, his mothertongue, his first language, he's deemed civised. Same with a german, frenchman, mswahili, japanese, muhindi etc when they speak their own languages. But when a kikuyu speaks the language of his ancestors, his first language, he's deemed jinga and shenzi. Why should a kikuyu be expressing himself in the language of the englishmen and waswahili? Aren't all men equal and and so are their languages?
hardwood
#47 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 7:33:13 PM

Shida is that kikuyus have been bullied and intimidated so much online (and elsewhere) particularly by luos and luhyas that some fear even saying they are kikuyus. But i am not the kind to be intimidated. When the pigs bring their ujinga, i jump into their pigsty and whip sense into them.

Kikuyus should be proud of their culture, language and their sons and daughters. Just like luos, bukusus, kaleos, maasai etc are. It's not ujinga to be proud of your heritage and your people. We have an obligation to bring up our sons and daughters i.e. the next generation of kikuyus to be people who are proud of their culture and heritage....and the accomplishments of their people.
murchr
#48 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:07:59 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Quote:

Swenani, kwani how early did you start drinking today? You are disputing common sense. Anybody with half a brain knows that you can't speak English or Swahili to some guka deep in shaggs that doesn't understand it. You have to weigh the situation and deduce from it. That is common sense.

Well, that's not tribal, that's just being an idiot. There is no other way you can classify such idiocy. Some people are just born idiots, whether they can speak their mother tongue or not is secondary.

I didn't say people who speak their mother tongues are tribal, i said that people who speak their mother tongue when people of other tribes and nationalities are present are the tribal idiots.

Speaking my language is stupid? That's the most ridiculously statement i have read in wazua in a while. Ati when your relas speak in your mother-tongue you respond in English? That's utter foolishness and self hate. However much you wish, you shall carry that tag of being a Kyuk, Luo, luhya etc The people who you so wish to copy...am assuming the English man in this case, is teaching his children several languages because apparently that helps the brain development. Ujinga galore
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
hardwood
#49 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:12:38 PM

hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:

On the contrary, being a Kikuyu diehard have probably held me back and made me a tribal idiot like so many Kiuks i see walking around lying to themselves that they are superior to other tribes because the president is from their tribe and mara sijui they are the majority, sijui they are rich, and a bunch of other delusional crap. I dodged a bullet on that front and i am glad am not one of those imbeciles. Besides, had i been fluent in Kikuyu anyway, i still wouldn't speak it in public, maybe it's just me but some things just seem retrogressive and don't add any value to my life. If somebody is Kiuk and can converse in Swahili or English, then that's what we will converse in, i don't care what they think about me.

And this goes to all the other tribes, if i am in your company and you switch to mother tongue mode, rest assured that i will call you out on that shit, if you don't like it and don't feel like being my friend anymore, then so be it but don't pull that mother tongue crap when there are people of other tribes in our midst. I really don't have patience for bigotry.

This is nonsense. Have you ever seen an englishman raised even in nyalgunga, mongolia or timbuktu, who doesnt know or speak his mothertongue? But an okuyu born in gachie and raised 10km away in githurai or buruburu is claiming he wants nothing to do with the "primitive" language of his forefathers. #Decolonise your mind.
Liv
#50 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:46:55 PM

Psalm 14:1 confirmed
masukuma
#51 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2015 8:55:07 PM

hardwood wrote:
Shida is that kikuyus have been bullied and intimidated so much online (and elsewhere) particularly by luos and luhyas that some fear even saying they are kikuyus. But i am not the kind to be intimidated. When the pigs bring their ujinga, i jump into their pigsty and whip sense into them.

Kikuyus should be proud of their culture, language and their sons and daughters. Just like luos, bukusus, kaleos, maasai etc are. It's not ujinga to be proud of your heritage and your people. We have an obligation to bring up our sons and daughters i.e. the next generation of kikuyus to be people who are proud of their culture and heritage....and the accomplishments of their people.

You have a point however it's a single story. For some of us Kikuyu was never taught to us...it never stuck and so while we hear it fairly well the line will and with us. The not needing to learn it was made stronger by the fact that being a kikuyu is sometimes harmful to your health... something that you don't know becomes a burden and of course that will not make one look for their roots. Some try and relate you learning kikuyu to an Englishman learning English and if English is good enough for the Englishman all kikuyus should learn kikuyu because the englishman is learning English... it's a case of monkey see monkey do! For one it's practical for the other it's learning for the sake of learning. I personally find it pointless but that's just me. The rest can engage in episodes of monkey see monkey do... hapo siko!
ati an obligation....TO WHO? WHO IS MARKING? COMPETITION WITHOUT MEDALS ARE POINTLESS
sitaki.kujulikana
#52 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:20:15 AM

I hate it when touts speak to me in a language I don't understand, or go to an office and hear guys talking in their mother tongue, even on wazua.
sitaki.kujulikana
#53 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:28:51 AM

masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

You have a point however it's a single story. For some of us Kikuyu was never taught to us...it never stuck and so while we hear it fairly well the line will and with us. The not needing to learn it was made stronger by the fact that being a kikuyu is sometimes harmful to your health... something that you don't know becomes a burden and of course that will not make one look for their roots. Some try and relate you learning kikuyu to an Englishman learning English and if English is good enough for the Englishman all kikuyus should learn kikuyu because the englishman is learning English... it's a case of monkey see monkey do! For one it's practical for the other it's learning for the sake of learning. I personally find it pointless but that's just me. The rest can engage in episodes of monkey see monkey do... hapo siko!
ati an obligation....TO WHO? WHO IS MARKING? COMPETITION WITHOUT MEDALS ARE POINTLESS

Great point, its learning for the sake of learning. What's the fascination with ones mother tongue, one can survive with only English but try that with only your mother tongue, you will soon realize it's useless.
marko
#54 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 2:40:23 AM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Great point, its learning for the sake of learning. What's the fascination with ones mother tongue, one can survive with only English but try that with only your mother tongue, you will soon realize it's useless.

Waafrika mna shida kweli.
WHO DARES WINS
masukuma
#55 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:21:09 AM

marko wrote:

tuko na shida! shida mingi sana! because we suffer from a ME-TOO complex! we never really ask ourselves whether it's in our interest to do something - we project/extrapolate and say if it's good for the goose, it's good for the gander! have you ever noticed this is the case? Someone comes from abroad and says - hey! we should do X because people of country Y do it! I agree that ethnicity is a problem but can someone show me a european country that has the rich ethnic makeup we have? We are doing well and statements like 'tribalism should end' over here - while good intentioned will not end the vice but concrete individual steps at a personal level will! it's guaranteed that the 3 masukumalets that are on the planet will not learn the language of their paternal grand parents and the language of the maternal grand parents. hiyo imeishia hapo... for better or for worse! It's admirable to fight to have an identity. but an identity is an object in the driving mirror... only useful when you jumuika with others of the same identity. I also think we should stop with the fixation of traditional dances and ceremonial clothes - why? we know better! let elements of culture die if they are inferior to 'modern' cultural elements - this life does not have reruns... make the most out of it. I have seen some what I would call stupid (in my opinion) moves such as going back to "our traditional religion/belief system". priss! you already know it's false. You know the power of religion is such that it gains on you when you are young. for example...
how many people right now would buy the story of mormons? (doing my best Julia Sweeney rendition smile smile )... Imagine a group of 2 boys show up at your door step and tell you... they have a message from God - to you! and when they tell you the story it goes something like this...
Quote:

There was this guy named Lehi who lived in Jerusalem in 600 BC. He just packed up and moved to america in 600BC. Lehi and his descendants reproduced and reproduced, and over the course of 600 years there were two great races of them, the Nephites and the Lamanites. And the Nephites were totally, totally good, each and every one of them, and the Lamanites were totally bad and evil, every single one of them, just bad to the bone. Then, after Jesus died on the Cross for our sins, on his way up to Heaven he stopped by America and visited the Nephites. And he told them that if they all remained totally, totally good, each and every one of them, they would win the war against the evil Lamanites. But apparently somebody blew it, and the Lamanites were able to kill all the Nephites. All but one guy, this guy named Mormon, who managed to survive by hiding in the woods; and he made sure this whole story was written down in Reformed Egyptian Hieroglyphics chiseled onto gold plates which he then buried near Palmyra, New York. The Lamanites became the Native Americans in the U.S! Then this guy named Joseph Smith found those buried gold plates right in his backyard sometime in 1827 after one of the prophets in the book showed up as an angel and told him about them; and he also found a magic stone back there that he put into his hat and buried his face into, and this allowed him to translate the gold plates from the Reformed Egyptian into English. these plates were taken by this angel when the translation was done!

of course you wouldn't buy it! A KID WOULD... BUT NOT YOU!! it's almost similar to the ridiculous sound stories of most religions but since they are taught to us when we were young and impressionable - we kinda keep them. So imagine a guy in his old age deciding to follow traditional kikuyu religion? going back to mukurwe wa nyagathanga! like really? 9 daughters? the fascination with the fig tree? anyway kila mtu ni mtu mzima and if you want to waste your life and time learning useless things because you see someone else learning something useful - be my guest!!
murchr
#56 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 6:58:45 AM

marko wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
masukuma wrote:
hardwood wrote:

Shida kubwa sana. Those they so bad try to emulate, or rather live like, could not live with their different tribes and cultures that's why they have the many little countries in Europe. And the conflict (difference in cultures incl lingo) continues to play out these days in the so called Great Britain with the Scotts, Welsh & Irish and in Spain & Catalonia.

****My point**** Even if you dont talk fluent in your mother tongue for heavensake learn to communicate in it, and not necessarily be fluent or know extra msamiatis no, but its absolutely rude for someone to talk to you in Kyuk and you respond in English ignoring the fact that they may not understand you. One thing I like with Americans (Yeah I know someone is about to say am comparing monkeys) is that they NEVER forget their roots and even tho they may be proud to be called Americans, they will always attach the Italian, Chinese, Indian, Vietnamese, Korean, Latino, Turkish, Israeli, German, and even Amish before the American. And they never forget the culture and everything that comes with it that being food festivals (Mardi gras, Halloween etc), and language. Companies such as Rosetta Stone flourish because of this.

As the Wahenga said, muacha mila ni mtumwa.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
masukuma
#57 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 7:14:16 AM

murchr wrote:

I would have loved to have some of these wahengas showing up over here!! the y would be shocked! somehow we tend to think of these wahangas as all wise people kumbe they were fishermen who never travelled 200kms away from their homes. Maybe back then it was useful to have a cultural identity.... right now? it's as useful as fresh breath is to a telephone operator.
murchr
#58 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 7:32:13 AM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:

I would have loved to have some of these wahengas showing up over here!! the y would be shocked! somehow we tend to think of these wahangas as all wise people kumbe they were fishermen who never travelled 200kms away from their homes. Maybe back then it was useful to have a cultural identity.... right now? it's as useful as fresh breath is to a telephone operator.

Yes they would die of shock

Wisdom has nothing to do with profession or travel. These same wahengas may not have left 20Kms from their homes but they received many from Asia, Middle East and Europe who imposed their cultures on them but guess what, the visitors never dropped their milas and looking back whos the weakest link? Who's the slave?

The effects of ignoring wahengas is clear. We never learnt, that's why we kill each other over some prophet or some ideology called democracy. We lost values and become greedy stealing from the poor to fit into some class and lifestyles we watch on TV....Right now western fast food chains are coming in droves imposing their cultures and not adopting any of yours. In China, you will find rice and pork chops - the traditional chinese food in KFC's Menu, but in Kenya, they will only sell you potatoes grown in Egypt, and chicken injected with some Antibiotics and hormones to "fit the standard KFC chicken" and you will not question. Wahengas are turning in their graves...we are slaves.

On a personal note, I have an uncle who never wanted to be associated in any way with his native luo tribe, in get togethers we'd have fish in the menu and the guy always said that he doesnt eat it (I guess he thought he was the reason fish was made, little did he know that there was a fish revolution) Anyway, after Obama....yes, your guess is as good as mine, being Luo is his lifestyle.
hamburglar
#59 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 8:35:38 AM

murchr wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Quote:

Speaking my language is stupid? That's the most ridiculously statement i have read in wazua in a while. Ati when your relas speak in your mother-tongue you respond in English? That's utter foolishness and self hate. However much you wish, you shall carry that tag of being a Kyuk, Luo, luhya etc The people who you so wish to copy...am assuming the English man in this case, is teaching his children several languages because apparently that helps the brain development. Ujinga galore

Am a realist, i only align myself with things that add value to my life. Whether you want to call it colonial mentality or not, it doesn't matter to me, if it's beneficial then i will do it. Knowing how to read and write English is the reason i am where i am today, and i am rich. Lol. My mother tongue has never added any value in my life, infact i can't even speak it and i don't care.

Mother tongue has no place in a civilized society. It's because of mother tongues that Kenyans are so tribal. This world is a global village, if you can't communicate in English in today's Kenya (not the Kenya of our parents) then get ready to live in poverty, unless you are pastor Nganga and can con your way to riches. It's reality, some languages have absolutely no value in a civilized society. If something doesn't help me then i don't need it in my life. I don't have any self hate, i don't identify myself as a Kikuyu so i can feel proud of my heritage, i identify myself as a Kenyan and i say that to those imbeciles who ask you what tribe you are the first time you meet them. What does it matter what tribe i am from? Isn't just being Kenyan good enough? Do i need to reveal am Kiuk so that they can choose if we can be friends or not? That is a sad way to make friends. If you ask me what tribe i am i will tell you i am Kenyan. Full stop. Stupid tribes only serve to divide us more than they unite us and the sooner we get rid of them the better our children will get along in the future.

Oh, and since you are so proud of your mother tongue, next time you go for a job interview, answer the questions in Kikuyu or Luo and see if you get the job. As much as you want to say that English is a colonial language, the fact is, you can't live and be successful without knowing how to read and write English, whether you like it or not, English is here to stay, but on the flip side, you can be very successful without ever uttering a word of your mother tongue. I am testament to that fact.

So, hate "Colonial" English all you want and call me a colonized mind but facts are facts and you have also used the same English to get to where you are today. Let's keep it real, mother tongues are useless in today's society, they serve absolutely no purpose in a civilized world. If anything, they are detrimental and are a main reason why Kenya and Africa is full of tribalism and genocides.
murchr
#60 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2015 8:52:55 AM

hamburglar wrote:
murchr wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:
hamburglar wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Quote:

Am a realist, i only align myself with things that add value to my life. Whether you want to call it colonial mentality or not, it doesn't matter to me, if it's beneficial then i will do it. Knowing how to read and write English is the reason i am where i am today, and i am rich. Lol. My mother tongue has never added any value in my life, infact i can't even speak it and i don't care.

Mother tongue has no place in a civilized society. It's because of mother tongues that Kenyans are so tribal. This world is a global village, if you can't communicate in English in today's Kenya (not the Kenya of our parents) then get ready to live in poverty, unless you are pastor Nganga and can con your way to riches. It's reality, some languages have absolutely no value in a civilized society. If something doesn't help me then i don't need it in my life. I don't have any self hate, i don't identify myself as a Kikuyu so i can feel proud of my heritage, i identify myself as a Kenyan and i say that to those imbeciles who ask you what tribe you are the first time you meet them. What does it matter what tribe i am from? Isn't just being Kenyan good enough? Do i need to reveal am Kiuk so that they can choose if we can be friends or not? That is a sad way to make friends. If you ask me what tribe i am i will tell you i am Kenyan. Full stop. Stupid tribes only serve to divide us more than they unite us and the sooner we get rid of them the better our children will get along in the future.

Oh, and since you are so proud of your mother tongue, next time you go for a job interview, answer the questions in Kikuyu or Luo and see if you get the job. As much as you want to say that English is a colonial language, the fact is, you can't live and be successful without knowing how to read and write English, whether you like it or not, English is here to stay, but on the flip side, you can be very successful without ever uttering a word of your mother tongue. I am testament to that fact.

So, hate "Colonial" English all you want and call me a colonized mind but facts are facts and you have also used the same English to get to where you are today. Let's keep it real, mother tongues are useless in today's society, they serve absolutely no purpose in a civilized world. If anything, they are detrimental and are a main reason why Kenya and Africa is full of tribalism and genocides.

You are just colonized and enslaved and not a realist because no matter how much you try to sanitize your identity your tribe sticks with you for as long as you live, its like body odor, you dont smell it but you are constantly thinking about it and making that conscious decision to not speak it so that you detach yourself from it. You would rather read and learn someone else mother tongue to "fit in". Because after all, that's how you became "rich" Well and good if it doesn't make you money now, but it is mother tongue that made companies like Equity to make it when the English banks such as Stanchart and Barclays threw out those who couldn't speak the queen's language. Look at them now....have you read the papers lately? Its the same tongue that is causing Macharia of Citizen to laugh all the way to the bank. So its foolish to think someone else's mother tongue is more valuable just because its enabled to make you money, there's more in life than paper...

Just for your education purposes, man will forever be divided, if its not tribe, it will be race, or religion, nationalities or party affiliations. Even in Somalia where they have only one tribe, they find differences in their clans. Travel, and you will notice the Asians (those we call Chinese here) also find differences in their eyes, mouths...dynasties etc...then you will realize that indeed you are a complete fool