wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
KPLC - GET SERIOUS
Sigiriri
#41 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 12:45:17 PM

YAMETA - power off again 3 times last evening at Kahawa area - what's up with these pple, kazi imewalemea au nini? haja gani kutulipa dividends when clearly they need to work on their service delivery? Hifadhi hizo senti - one of these days compe will come.... am already doing an inverter system - I hope Chloride exide can help me with this.
I cant keep shutting down my comp and these evening hours are my side-hustle hours - I am at that point in life when that work I do evenings makes more for me and family than my regular job. Soon thereafter, I will invest heavily in solar and they can keep their sparks!
Papa Investor
#42 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 1:08:22 PM

Power is becoming a bigger joke day by day...unplanned blackouts for hours...they need to up their game!
Dash
#43 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:27:34 PM

elec just came back since yesterday 11am..can someone please explain to me the science of inverters and costs?
Forester
#44 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 2:44:46 PM

Sigiriri wrote:
YAMETA - power off again 3 times last evening at Kahawa area - what's up with these pple, kazi imewalemea au nini? haja gani kutulipa dividends when clearly they need to work on their service delivery? Hifadhi hizo senti - one of these days compe will come.... am already doing an inverter system - I hope Chloride exide can help me with this.
I cant keep shutting down my comp and these evening hours are my side-hustle hours - I am at that point in life when that work I do evenings makes more for me and family than my regular job. Soon thereafter, I will invest heavily in solar and they can keep their sparks!

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs - Farrah Gray.
Wendz
#45 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 5:43:59 PM

Forester wrote:
Sigiriri wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
For Sport
#46 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 7:33:40 PM

Papa Investor wrote:
Power is becoming a bigger joke day by day...unplanned blackouts for hours...they need to up their game!

Not so unplanned. There is power rationing. These outtages are pretty regular
invest0r
#47 Posted : Tuesday, March 01, 2011 8:55:05 PM

and nowadays their charges are on the roof. how do they calculate the unit price in these prepaid meters?
kivairu
#48 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 3:18:54 PM

One day i went to bed in absolute darkness and when i slept i dreamt end of monopoly by KPLC.We had gone without power for two straight days.On the night of the champions league match, i had to drive to tao to watch the game, ended up running a bill of 1k on drinks , yet i didn't plan for this. Entire south B had no power.

Way back in 2009, towards Christmas i walked into KPLC banking halls knowing pretty well that my bill was 3k.I gave the teller the 3k and she looked me up and asked 'kwani unalipa pesa ngapi?' i told her 3 k. She told me sternly, your bill is 11k. I protested and was dully sent to the 'complains' queue.Mind you , you just dropped in to pay your bill, enrout to work. I tell you this queue was long and winding, quite longer than the queue for guys making payments.They told me they will send a technician in the course of the week to take the meter readings.To cut a long story short, no technician came...but i ended up paying the money.What choice do you have? "Kenya yameta, matoto wake, tunavuna jasho lake" is one slogan that drives me nuts.

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
kivairu
#49 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 3:50:56 PM

.....And i had this joke a while back. KPLC disconnects your power.You respond by paying the bill and outstanding charges.You wait days 1, 2, 3 for a reconnection.Nothing. You follow it up, they ask you for a map to your place. Question is how did they get to your place to disconnect , in the first place, and can't use the same map to come reconnect?

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
ernesto
#50 Posted : Friday, March 04, 2011 4:13:34 PM

and funny,the other day the Kenya "YAMETA" anthem is on and the lights off PaP....for two days.think we need Pius Muiru's NuruShame on you Shame on you Shame on you
For Sport
#51 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 6:59:50 PM

kivairu wrote:
Way back in 2009, towards Christmas i walked into KPLC banking halls knowing pretty well that my bill was 3k.I gave the teller the 3k and she looked me up and asked 'kwani unalipa pesa ngapi?' i told her 3 k. She told me sternly, your bill is 11k. I protested and was dully sent to the 'complains' queue.Mind you , you just dropped in to pay your bill, enrout to work. I tell you this queue was long and winding, quite longer than the queue for guys making payments.They told me they will send a technician in the course of the week to take the meter readings.To cut a long story short, no technician came...but i ended up paying the money.What choice do you have? "Kenya yameta, matoto wake, tunavuna jasho lake" is one slogan that drives me nuts.

I hate it when as consumers, we are made to feel this powerless. I wish there was a readily available substitute on the market.
#52 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 1:06:29 PM

There we go again. But I'm no longer mad because I've painfully come to accepted that this is the norm and not the exception.

This sector is so so overripe for competition.

BBI will solve it
:)
Sigiriri
#53 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 8:34:14 AM

Blackouts again for most of the weekend - especially evenings. With so many possible investors still holding onto their billions hoping for this power distribution thing to open up, kuna matumaini ama we need to look into alternative energy? Citizen ran a feature on alternative energy this weekend. Solar looks promising, but only if panels are more reasonably priced. I heard they were exempted from some taxation, but they still cost a bomb at the moment.

I seem to remember a certain ex-mp whose home is fully on solar and biogas - is this the way we will be forced to go? Well, we cannot all do biogas, but for those who can - it's ripe for the picking.
sanity
#54 Posted : Monday, March 07, 2011 10:58:44 PM

For sure KPLC are not serious with their work.I applied for new connection in November last year (2010).Paid all their dues.I was quite amazed when one week later, one guy came to my house and did a survey.Three weeks later,3 technicians came and dropped a cable.Voila!I really praised KPLC for their efficiency.I even gave the technicians 500bob as a token .They told me someone else will come with the meter the following day ie 30 November 2010.....And then the long wait started. I paid several visits to their donholm office,I was told something was wrong with my application and was referred to Electricity house.several visits later no power in my house yet the live wire was at my meter box.As christmas approached,I couldn't stand what my family was going through,and sought the help of a local fundi who used his knowledge to connect power 'illegally.'With power,I said 'mataleta meter yao makitaka'...Upto date no sign of KPLC meter guy......Now tell me are this people who are serious with their work or just jokers??
Hope is not a strategy
#55 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 7:40:55 AM

Can we all changa 5/- each and sue this id***s?
This is totally unacceptable.

BBI will solve it
innairobi
#56 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 9:21:21 AM

We can huff and puff but can do jack to KPLC as long as they are a monopoly. The customer service, work ethic and employee attitude has been in the sewer for ages.
All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
Amir
#57 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 12:11:18 PM

Sasa mimi nikapata bill ya Feb, na iko na recconection fee of 500 and VAT of 80 bob!!!Hawa washenzi wa Kenya Paraffin and Lighting Candles hakuna siku sitima yangu ishawahi katwaa. Am so mad but sijui where to start. Ama wahenga wa Wazua mna maoni gani?
NB: I have never ever had power disconnected for the seven years i have lived in my house

The Brave may not live forever - but the cautious do not live at all: Richard Branson
#58 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 7:15:08 AM

...and yet another night in the dark.
These guys will never fail to disappoint.

BBI will solve it
DEEBO
#59 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 7:42:55 AM

2012 wrote:
...and yet another night in the dark.
These guys will never fail to disappoint.

Same boat here, no power since last night...ABK these guys...a cold shower at 5.30am ain't interesting, still trying to recover. Na shati ni kama imetafunwa na ng'ombe...guys at the office are just laughing at me.
2 Miles
#60 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 8:14:02 AM

KPLC are serious jokers. Thank God that stupid advert of theirs is no longer aired ( or @least I dnt see it ).

Picture this ; my December Bill was Kshs. 1501. Being December , I was rarely in the house during weekends and from 23rd I dnt know how many times I actually entered that house. But I paid the bill, without thinking 'bout all the above issues.
Come February ,when i was so broke n in the house most of the time , my bill is Ksh 748. Something is wrong. My conclusion is that all members of their billing department are on something illegal. These figures just don't add up.