wazua Mon, Jun 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

35 Pages«<2223242526>»
Co-operative Bank fate.. discuss
Realtreaty
#461 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 11:39:43 AM

smile smile
The blowing wind tells me that the stock price is moving to 22 by September 30 2016.
I will never put my money to young life who spend without care where the money came from.
These old men we say are tired own several biz and have ample experience and responsibility than school leavers.
Facebook Zukerberg depends on old knowledge. Have anyone seen who are the shareholders at Facebook? The young faces are just "Show pieces"to encourage the young move to that direction.
Ericsson
#462 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 11:43:39 AM

@Realtreaty;
Hiyo sidhani considering the bear run and the overhanging non-performing loan of Lake Basin Mall
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
Spikes
#463 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 12:10:56 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
smile smile
The blowing wind tells me that the stock price is moving to 22 by September 30 2016.
I will never put my money to young life who spend without care where the money came from.
These old men we say are tired own several biz and have ample experience and responsibility by school leavers.
Facebook Zukerberg depends on old knowledge. Have anyone seen who are the shareholders aft Facebook? The young faces re just "Show pieces"to encourage the young move to that direction.

@Realtreaty I have maintained that old folks provide leadership and youthful ones offer management. No way we can run entities without involving everybody onboard. Directorship 75% give it old experienced men and women. Equally management 75% allow slots to young blood with latest knowledge on global perspective .
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ericsson
#464 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 2:51:13 PM

Ata DJ CK is old and he is at directorship while young fellows are the ones in management.
enyands
#465 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 4:28:39 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
smile smile
These old men we say are tired own several biz and have ample experience and responsibility than school leavers.
Facebook Zukerberg depends on old knowledge. Have anyone seen who are the shareholders at Facebook? The young faces are just "Show pieces"to encourage the young move to that direction.

@Realtreaty you are wrong ,when man Gideon took leadership of that bank in 2001 he was 35. He is 50 now,.not that old!!. You can try imagine yes he was young then ,but ideas have changed but people rarely change.The way he entered the bank when he was 35 is how he views the bank till right now AND to make the matter worse ,the board of directors who were in their 60's then are even 75 now. Now try imagine the kind of ideas propping from that board room NOW!!!!!

Someone mentioned DJ.he is smart .he is in his late 60 but he sorrounds himself with young guys like the ceo. He let's the young man in his 30 run the show. He is there to give is old time experience .the young man is there to give his new time ideas. I'm not a fan of him but I love the structure of the board .
But should there be a young blood who is fresh from outside,he will bring new ideas and new changes. Just like your parents,some parents want to bring up children according to how they were brought up in the 40's,dress up like in the 40s, reason like in the 40s,believe every kid should be a doctor like in the 40s.The children would prefer to hang out with their younger aunts or uncles (brothers or sisters to their father or mum)because they regard them as more cool and more dotcom than the parents check even with you .

Back to my point the MD should mentor someone when he was in his mid 40's even for 5 years and hand over the mantle. Lakini hii Tamaa itauwa. Follow a Nelson Mandela leadership. BUT as Africa. ....man loosing a salary of 2m,interest of 2% housing , all loans pegged at 2%, 40m bonus every year and you tell me let go?Hapana

Ni hayo tu
Realtreaty
#466 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:10:36 PM

enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
smile smile

@Realtreaty you are wrong ,when man Gideon took leadership of that bank in 2001 he was 35. He is 50 now,.not that old!!. You can try imagine yes he was young then ,but ideas have changed but people rarely change.The way he entered the bank when he was 35 is how he views the bank till right now AND to make the matter worse ,the board of directors who were in their 60's then are even 75 now. Now try imagine the kind of ideas propping from that board room NOW!!!!!

Someone mentioned DJ.he is smart .he is in his late 60 but he sorrounds himself with young guys like the ceo. He let's the young man in his 30 run the show. He is there to give is old time experience .the young man is there to give his new time ideas. I'm not a fan of him but I love the structure of the board .
But should there be a young blood who is fresh from outside,he will bring new ideas and new changes. Just like your parents,some parents want to bring up children according to how they were brought up in the 40's,dress up like in the 40s, reason like in the 40s,believe every kid should be a doctor like in the 40s.The children would prefer to hang out with their younger aunts or uncles (brothers or sisters to their father or mum)because they regard them as more cool and more dotcom than the parents check even with you .

Back to my point the MD should mentor someone when he was in his mid 40's even for 5 years and hand over the mantle. Lakini hii Tamaa itauwa. Follow a Nelson Mandela leadership. BUT as Africa. ....man loosing a salary of 2m,interest of 2% housing , all loans pegged at 2%, 40m bonus every year and you tell me let go?Hapana

Ni hayo tu

@ Enyands, Amen!,Amen!,Amen!, you guys call Muriuki @50s Old!!!!
Let Muriuki run the show. What people want is just Capital gain rush for now for this stock not the foundation which it has made. We always say we are here for "MONEY" and that is in every employee, investor and partner. But remember,the saying, "when a Fire burns too fast the meat burns away too fast as well"
Let Muriuki run the show under a Muchiri till his 65.
What exactly do you wnt the stock price to be by now to praise Muriuki?
enyands
#467 Posted : Monday, June 20, 2016 8:17:40 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
smile smile

Ni hayo tu

Let Muriuki run the show. What people want is just Capital gain rush for now for this stock not the foundation which it has made. We always say we are here for "MONEY" and that is in every employee, investor and partner. But remember,the saying, "when a Fire burns too fast the meat burns away too fast as well"

New ideas is needed here .look at leaders who have been in power for long, Museveni,mugabe,moi, nyerere, mobutu, El Bashir , mubarak ..they rarely changed with changing world .when magufuli came in do you see changes in Tanzania? I'll let you answer that..

Having said that ,coop has few ideas how to grow books .apart from giving south Sudanese govt 51% stake in coop bank sudan ,and cost cuttings like stationery and retrenching staff running into billions there is no tangible ideas to grow books

And that's the sole reason why this stock will never rally. It's always between 9 and 23 .if you compare with the likes of equity they have gone up , split and gone up again . So we are here to make money not to be loyal.Just change management kidogo and you will see what can happen

Where i want the stock to be now , I would e happy with this bear if it will tally with the other peers at 40's. It's been almost 10 years since they listed
Realtreaty
#468 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 8:21:09 AM

enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
smile smile

Ni hayo tu

New ideas is needed here .look at leaders who have been in power for long, Museveni,mugabe,moi, nyerere, mobutu, El Bashir , mubarak ..they rarely changed with changing world .when magufuli came in do you see changes in Tanzania? I'll let you answer that..

Having said that ,coop has few ideas how to grow books .apart from giving south Sudanese govt 51% stake in coop bank sudan ,and cost cuttings like stationery and retrenching staff running into billions there is no tangible ideas to grow books

And that's the sole reason why this stock will never rally. It's always between 9 and 23 .if you compare with the likes of equity they have gone up , split and gone up again . So we are here to make money not to be loyal.Just change management kidogo and you will see what can happen

Where i want the stock to be now , I would e happy with this bear if it will tally with the other peers at 40's. It's been almost 10 years since they listed

:D Hehhehehee, you could be very wrong
"Having said that ,coop has few ideas how to grow books .apart from giving south Sudanese govt 51% stake in coop bank sudan ,and cost cuttings like stationery and retrenching staff running into billions there is no tangible ideas to grow books"
Coop is in a foreign country and need to do s they do. Coop holds 49% and SS holds 51 does not indicate giving but mutual businessLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Magfhuli is just a show man and Tanzania is still crawling. He has not even cleaned his own house.
If he was a leader he could have done that when he was still in the previous govts
enyands
#469 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:07:56 AM

Realtreaty wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
smile smile

Ni hayo tu

"Having said that ,coop has few ideas how to grow books .apart from giving south Sudanese govt 51% stake in coop bank sudan ,and cost cuttings like stationery and retrenching staff running into billions there is no tangible ideas to grow books"
Coop is in a foreign country and need to do s they do. Coop holds 49% and SS holds 51 does not indicate giving but mutual businessLaughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Magfhuli is just a show man and Tanzania is still crawling. He has not even cleaned his own house.
If he was a leader he could have done that when he was still in the previous govts

Correction had a typo mix up cooperative bank owns 51% of coop bank SS AND SS government owns 49%.
But the rest about stationery cuts and retrenching staff remains the same

"""Kenya’s Co-operative Bank has made it first investment outside the country, taking up a 51 percent stake in its South Sudan subsidiary with the South Sudan Government holding the remaining 49 percent stake.
The deal which was revealed by the banks Managing Director Gideon Muriuki entails a greenfield joint venture worth 1.2 billion shillings ($15 million) with the government of South Sudan."""
Realtreaty
#470 Posted : Tuesday, June 21, 2016 9:48:19 AM

enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
enyands wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:
smile smile

Ni hayo tu

Correction had a typo mix up cooperative bank owns 51% of coop bank SS AND SS government owns 49%.
But the rest about stationery cuts and retrenching staff remains the same

"""Kenya’s Co-operative Bank has made it first investment outside the country, taking up a 51 percent stake in its South Sudan subsidiary with the South Sudan Government holding the remaining 49 percent stake.
The deal which was revealed by the banks Managing Director Gideon Muriuki entails a greenfield joint venture worth 1.2 billion shillings ($15 million) with the government of South Sudan."""

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
So to your understanding...expansion nd diversification plus trimming of loses means nothing as your aim is Capital gain for the stock?
OK, we had Kenya Orchards moving from 3 Kes to 120 Kes. Why not see them split or liquidity come in?
Realtreaty
#471 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 1:44:28 AM

Applause The TargetPray
https://www.co-opbank.co.ke/blog...nsformational-leadership

Outstanding transformational leadership, soaring to greater frontiers smileDrool
Ebenyo
#472 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 3:06:02 AM

Anyone who has received Co-op bank dividend,raise up your hand pliz?
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Realtreaty
#473 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 11:09:36 AM

Will the BANKS bleed heavily? Were they involved in the debate to curb Interest rates and what was their take and say?
If they were doing genuine business what is their worry.
Was this the reason Barclays Africa decided to sell after enjoying unregulated period for for a Century?
Time Banks invested on the Land assets they have and enter into partnership with growing commercial and Industrial businesses.
Ericsson
#474 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 11:15:24 AM

ksh.13 per share here we come
Ericsson
#475 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 11:46:57 AM

Sister company CIC trades a low of 4.05.
Half year results are 3 weeks away and we shall know how its fairing
enyands
#476 Posted : Friday, July 29, 2016 4:17:14 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Will the BANKS bleed heavily? Were they involved in the debate to curb Interest rates and what was their take and say?
If they were doing genuine business what is their worry.
Was this the reason Barclays Africa decided to sell after enjoying unregulated period for for a Century?
Time Banks invested on the Land assets they have and enter into partnership with growing commercial and Industrial businesses.

At this point banks should forget about generating income from interest income. They should think of commissions income, deals they make with partners becausw what I'm seeing is a point where bank shares will be dead beat. Bear effect and also cbk stringent rules on npl and uncertainty about change of laws on lending interest.
Things are going to be very tough.
Realtreaty
#477 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2016 8:37:40 PM

What was the main reason for having Co-opBank drop below 20 while it does great, is moving towards 1 bob dividend and has always been positive?
There is no concrete reason. Co-op Bank is a top tier bank with over 300 Billion of wealth.
If I was to gauge its stock price I would give it a 36 Kes lowest and push its dividend pay to betwn 1.5 and 2.5 Kes annually.
obiero
#478 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2016 9:11:58 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
What was the main reason for having Co-opBank drop below 20 while it does great, is moving towards 1 bob dividend and has always been positive?
There is no concrete reason. Co-op Bank is a top tier bank with over 300 Billion of wealth.
If I was to gauge its stock price I would give it a 36 Kes lowest and push its dividend pay to betwn 1.5 and 2.5 Kes annually.

Irrationality..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 15,750 ABP 6.45
Othelo
#479 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2016 9:13:10 PM

obiero wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Irrationality..

You will wait for 36 bob until CEO exits the Kingdom smile
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Realtreaty
#480 Posted : Tuesday, August 02, 2016 9:17:17 PM

obiero wrote:
Realtreaty wrote:

Irrationality..

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
I asked for reasons, discuss please!!!