35 Pages«<2122232425>»
Co-operative Bank fate.. discuss
obiero
#441 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2016 12:07:53 PM

obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Coop has seriously underperformed since its listing in 2009 @9.50

Listing was done in 2008 when I was still with them. We were coerced/slightly forced into buying them because of potential serious undersubscription.

bought at 6.5 and sold at 21. generalisation isn't good. but indeed the share could do better

When was it at 6.5 ???Shame on you iv had this stock since 2008 obiero

evidence availed in true wazua spirit

http://www.wazua.co.ke/i...kprofiler.aspx?stkId=67[/quote]
that was in 2008 immediately after listing. it touched 6.1 as lowest price. check the chart on wazua link availed above

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Spikes
#442 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2016 12:14:29 PM

obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
[quote=Ericsson]Coop has seriously underperformed since its listing in 2009 @9.50

Listing was done in 2008 when I was still with them. We were coerced/slightly forced into buying them because of potential serious undersubscription.

bought at 6.5 and sold at 21. generalisation isn't good. but indeed the share could do better

that was in 2008 immediately after listing. it touched 6.1 as lowest price. check the chart on wazua link availed above

When did you sell at 21/-?
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Ericsson
#443 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2016 12:30:31 PM

@Spikes
There was even a time coop overtook KCB in terms of mkt cap before it got a severe beating.
That's what Obiero refers to it reaching ksh.21 per share.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
luxel
#444 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2016 3:55:18 PM

enyands wrote:
luxel wrote:
enyands wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
[quote=mkate_nusu]share price taking a serious beating from book closure after effects

this stock is among the poor nse performers compared to its potential talked about it once . Whereas the likes of ity ,kcb and even nbk reached a peak of past 40, 60 and even 150. But this stock has never rallied past 26 or something . Someone will boast of bonus they gave recently but the other pundits in the same business have given bonuses and rallied to over 100, meanwhile coop is struggling with below 20. It's one of the dead stocks.
I still route for regime change in this bank if good things need to happen . These old ideas from old board members need to be shelved . That's how the stock will Start to rally .

Sometimes people express their ignorance without knowing it. What is the meaning of 40, 60 & 150 quoted here? Does it mean if Equity split the share by 10 and start trading at 4 bob it will be under performing? How many listed companies were able to return kshs 15b in 2015 like coop did?

You must be coop MD Laughing out loudly . You made my night.what I meant is that some shares have been split till for example the 4 shillings you talking of then they rise up again ,pass coop go up again split come back again ,start rising pass coop till they are 40's now .in this case I'm talking about equity . So what ignorance are you talking of? And when I meant 40,60 and 150 I meant different banks . You are the one displaying your impatience to understand.kuwa mpole jamaa.

Don't use strong languages(ignorance) if you don't understand. Ask someone what do you mean by 40,60 150?Sio kuinua mkia juu kama fisi aliyeona mzoga Applause

Even if coop has a return of 150b, I enyands as an investor what I'm I getting in terms of share value ? Capital gain or dividends at the end of the day? If you make 15b and I get nothing as an investor then you can as well call me a flower girl .

Okay. Kindly explain the under performance bit. What are you comparing with?
In 2015 coop had the second highest growth in profit at 44%. Besides safaricom, Kcb & Equity it had the highest PBT when others are giving profit warnings. Even if the profits are not shared they are still in retained earnings.
May be the problem is your strategy if you wanted dividends.
Just coz of one story on cost management, it doesn't mean thats all they are doing. Revenues have been growing at double digits.
Once the bull run is back you won't regret the patience.
enyands
#445 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2016 4:28:24 PM

luxel wrote:
enyands wrote:
luxel wrote:
enyands wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
[quote=mkate_nusu]share price taking a serious beating from book closure after effects

this stock is among the poor nse performers compared to its potential talked about it once . Whereas the likes of ity ,kcb and even nbk reached a peak of past 40, 60 and even 150. But this stock has never rallied past 26 or something . Someone will boast of bonus they gave recently but the other pundits in the same business have given bonuses and rallied to over 100, meanwhile coop is struggling with below 20. It's one of the dead stocks.
I still route for regime change in this bank if good things need to happen . These old ideas from old board members need to be shelved . That's how the stock will Start to rally .

Sometimes people express their ignorance without knowing it. What is the meaning of 40, 60 & 150 quoted here? Does it mean if Equity split the share by 10 and start trading at 4 bob it will be under performing? How many listed companies were able to return kshs 15b in 2015 like coop did?

You must be coop MD Laughing out loudly . You made my night.what I meant is that some shares have been split till for example the 4 shillings you talking of then they rise up again ,pass coop go up again split come back again ,start rising pass coop till they are 40's now .in this case I'm talking about equity . So what ignorance are you talking of? And when I meant 40,60 and 150 I meant different banks . You are the one displaying your impatience to understand.kuwa mpole jamaa.

Don't use strong languages(ignorance) if you don't understand. Ask someone what do you mean by 40,60 150?Sio kuinua mkia juu kama fisi aliyeona mzoga Applause

Even if coop has a return of 150b, I enyands as an investor what I'm I getting in terms of share value ? Capital gain or dividends at the end of the day? If you make 15b and I get nothing as an investor then you can as well call me a flower girl .

Okay. Kindly explain the under performance bit. What are you comparing with?
In 2015 coop had the second highest growth in profit at 44%. Besides safaricom, Kcb & Equity it had the highest PBT when others are giving profit warnings. Even if the profits are not shared they are still in retained earnings.
May be the problem is your strategy if you wanted dividends.
Just coz of one story on cost management, it doesn't mean thats all they are doing. Revenues have been growing at double digits.
Once the bull run is back you won't regret the patience.

Did you know how they became second largest profit making that said year? It was after McKinsey paid them a visit. And do you know how they did it? Getting rid of old rusted engine parts. They got rid of some of long serving employees at a cost of 1.6b though not sure. So this increased the Pl.

So that takes me back to where this discussing is leaning on. They grow profits not because of new ideas, or strategies but cost cutting techniques. One of the ideas I applaud them for is coop mtaani though it's not gaining enough traction as it should... I still have good amount of shares here since 2008. So I'm not talking as a person watching from over the fence but as a shareholder and former employee. So I know them.
obiero
#446 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2016 5:11:07 PM

Spikes wrote:
obiero wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:
obiero wrote:
enyands wrote:

When did you sell at 21/-?

please search wazua. it's somewhere in here. I js remember I sold, not the dates..

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Ericsson
#447 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 10:27:24 AM

Co-op bank share price heading towards ksh.12
Realtreaty
#448 Posted : Thursday, June 02, 2016 12:09:32 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Co-op bank share price heading towards ksh.12

If it goes to your assumption i will give you free 100 shares from my account!!!!!Shame on you Shame on you .
You have to note that books have closed for several firms and the trend of downward spiral
Realtreaty
#449 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2016 12:38:28 PM

The Banks have cooled their heels. They have been so quiet after closing books and paying dividends.
COOP iko mashabani checking on yields. Half year results is awesome for them having diversified evenly in many areas especially Agri-business. Focus on an interim dvdd of 20cents end of July.
Ericsson
#450 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2016 9:32:05 AM

15 bob here we come
Realtreaty
#451 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:52:28 AM

Ericsson wrote:
15 bob here we come

Sad @ Ericsson, too much cot hanging around like a vulture, attack while blood is hot!!! LMAO
If a can tell of a low priced stock, its Coop Bank and Barclays bank. They both have very rich base and still trading at peanuts.
It will be in them for volumes for now.smile
Ebenyo
#452 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 3:47:43 PM

Realtreaty wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
15 bob here we come

Sad @ Ericsson, too much cot hanging around like a vulture, attack while blood is hot!!! LMAO
If a can tell of a low priced stock, its Coop Bank and Barclays bank. They both have very rich base and still trading at peanuts.
It will be in them for volumes for now.smile

But they lack value completely.We dont know yet who will buy barclays.This bank still uses the old method to grow which has been overtaken by events.Coop strategy for growth is very weak going forward.Now look at this current NPL.It will affect their interest income.
Towards the goal of financial freedom
Ericsson
#453 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 6:39:23 PM

@Realtreaty
I am waiting for it at between 12-14
Ericsson
#454 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 6:44:55 PM

Forgot to add
And to hear the good news that Gideon Muriuki is retiring.He has outlived his usefulness in the bank.
Othelo
#455 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 6:53:10 PM

Ericsson wrote:
Forgot to add
And to hear the good news that Gideon Muriuki is retiring.He has outlived his usefulness in the bank.

Gedion retired 2 years ago & has been working on contract basis. Ukora!!!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
enyands
#456 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 7:02:00 PM

Othelo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Forgot to add

Wait wait wait ,Gideon has retired ??????what is this im reading ? Can someone back it up please
Spikes
#457 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 7:22:38 PM

enyands wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Forgot to add

Wait wait wait ,Gideon has retired ??????what is this im reading ? Can someone back it up please

We need youthful team to manage and old folks to lead Coop bank.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
enyands
#458 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 8:39:08 PM

Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Forgot to add

You should attend the coop bank AGM and you will feel happy that you have an account,shareholder or even employee of Chase Bank
Ebenyo
#459 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:29:52 PM

enyands wrote:
Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Forgot to add

You should attend the coop bank AGM and you will feel happy that you have an account,shareholder or even employee of Chase Bank

unless Gedion retires,Coop will always play second fiddle to simba and member.The two are way ahead.Coop bank needs a new blood.Their strategies are vague.Like in south sudan,they gave 51% of the holdings to SS govt.They are operating with 49% only.And they keep on bragging that they are making more profits than any other kenyan bank their!
Towards the goal of financial freedom
enyands
#460 Posted : Sunday, June 19, 2016 10:32:23 PM

Ebenyo wrote:
enyands wrote:
Spikes wrote:
enyands wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Ericsson wrote:
Forgot to add

You should attend the coop bank AGM and you will feel happy that you have an account,shareholder or even employee of Chase Bank. Wale wazee that go for those boards and AGM leave alot to be desired

unless Gedion retires,Coop will always play second fiddle to simba and member.The two are way ahead.Coop news a new blood.Their strategies are vague.Like in south sudan,they gave 51% of the holdings to SS govt.They are operating with 49% only.And they keep on bragging that they are making more profits than any other kenyan bank their!