wazua Mon, May 18, 2026
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In

30 Pages«<2021222324>»
Shabaab suspects ambush bus near Mandera, kill 28
muganda
#211 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 7:42:46 PM
Rank: Elder

Joined: 9/15/2006
Posts: 3,907
Hundreds of people have fled to a military airstrip in Kenya's Mandera region amid fears that militants could launch a new assault.

Many of them are non-Muslim civil servants who are demanding that the government evacuate them from the region, a BBC reporter says.

http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-30192588
harrydre
#212 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:20:10 PM
Rank: Elder

Joined: 7/10/2008
Posts: 9,131
Location: Kanjo
McReggae wrote:
If the presence of the shabaabs was know two weeks ago and not acted on, can we now look at who the beneficiaries are? Who has been the single beneficiary in all these internal attacks of the citizenry????


babu. He has reasons to keep bashing the government instead of offering solutions. Mutahi might just be right!!
i.am.back!!!!
harrydre
#213 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:24:24 PM
Rank: Elder

Joined: 7/10/2008
Posts: 9,131
Location: Kanjo
Atalaku wrote:
The owner of that bus company together with the turnboys and the driver should be investigated . Most of the timesmandera bound buses carry somalis...How did yhe terrorists know that tgere will be a large number of non-somalis? Bizzare.



hear hear!
i.am.back!!!!
jaggernaut
#214 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 8:26:24 PM
Rank: Elder

Joined: 10/9/2008
Posts: 5,389
Ngalaka wrote:
McReggae wrote:




I actually do not agree with Mutahi on many of view points most of which are mere speculations anyway.
Even on the matter of the recent incidents of terrorist attacks his take isnt too convincing!

However, how about giving him some benefit of doubt and engaging his line of thinking a little more!

Might the drug dealers be behind some of this attacks to 'persuade' the powers that be to stop their new-found affront of drug business.

A case of mess with me , I mess with you!


It can't be drugs, and I agree it wasn't somali alshabab. I read the account of one of the mandera survivors in today's standard newspaper and he said that after the thugs were through with the killings, they clapped and shouted saying that "Muslims in mombasa should be allowed to pray freely". Why should somali alshabab be concerned about the goings on in mbs mosques? In mpeketoni the killers hired 2 vans in mombasa pretending to be going to bury someone in mpeketoni. And all witnesses said the killers were led by someone with white skin and speaking swahili and English (i believe hao waswahili wa mbs) who was personally carrying out the beheadings. Note also that mpeketoni happened after the killing of clerics in mbs and mandera has happened after storming of mosques. All this violence is being planned hapo mombasa, not somaliya. Omar hassan, watu wa masjid etc should tell us more.
wanyee
#215 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 9:26:53 PM
Rank: Member

Joined: 7/17/2011
Posts: 627
Location: Mbui-Nzau, Kikumbulyu
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
NAIROBI, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Kenya's largest mobile phone firm Safaricom said on Tuesday it had signed a deal with the government
to construct a security system worth 14.9 billion shillings ($165.2 million).
The project was given the go-ahead by a parliamentary committee on administration and national security in July, which cited last
September's attack on the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi and attacks on the coast in recent months as reasons to improve
surveillance and security nationally.
The awarding of the contract to Safaricom, which is 40 percent owned by Britain's Vodafone, had sparked a row when critics
complained that it had been awarded without an open bidding process.
Under the terms of the contract, Safaricom will install and run a communication and surveillance system that is linked to police
stations to help combat crime, initially operating in Nairobi and Kenya's second-largest city, Mombasa.
The two cities have borne the brunt of a spate of gun and grenade attacks in the past year, blamed by the government on Somalia's
Islamist al Shabaab militants. Al Shabaab claimed responsibility for the most recent attack on Saturday, when 28 people were shot
dead near the Somali border.
Interior minister Joseph ole Lenku said the surveillance project would provide security agents with the capability to monitor and deter
crime.
Bob Collymore, Safaricom's chief executive officer, said the project would take 18 months to construct.

Hope on the way!

Hopeless the justice system is broken..illiterate police...clueless office of prosecution...and the courts.. finally the correctional dept..hopeless
alma
#216 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 9:41:27 PM
Rank: Elder

Joined: 7/20/2007
Posts: 4,432
2 years who cares who's doing it? If we are still guessing who's doing it, tuna shida kubwa sana.

What should matter to this government is that it has to stop.

Even if Mickey Mouse and Mother Teresa (rest her soul) have ganged up, it just has to stop. Hiyo ingine ni details.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
jaggernaut
#217 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:19:47 PM
Rank: Elder

Joined: 10/9/2008
Posts: 5,389
alma wrote:
2 years who cares who's doing it? If we are still guessing who's doing it, tuna shida kubwa sana.

What should matter to this government is that it has to stop.

Even if Mickey Mouse and Mother Teresa (rest her soul) have ganged up, it just has to stop. Hiyo ingine ni details.


Kikulacho ki nguoni mwako. It is kina @alphandoti and @nguru et al who are "eating" us while chanting alkabab. Tafakari hayo .......
jaggernaut
#218 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2014 11:35:09 PM
Rank: Elder

Joined: 10/9/2008
Posts: 5,389
wanyee wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
NAIROBI, Nov 25 (Reuters) - Kenya's largest mobile phone firm Safaricom said on Tuesday it had signed a deal with the government
to construct a security system worth 14.9 billion shillings ($165.2 million).
The project was given the go-ahead by a parliamentary committee on administration and national security in July, which cited last
September's attack on the Westgate shopping mall in Nairobi and attacks on the coast in recent months as reasons to improve
surveillance and security nationally.
The awarding of the contract to Safaricom, which is 40 percent owned by Britain's Vodafone, had sparked a row when critics
complained that it had been awarded without an open bidding process.
Under the terms of the contract, Safaricom will install and run a communication and surveillance system that is linked to police
stations to help combat crime, initially operating in Nairobi and Kenya's second-largest city, Mombasa.
The two cities have borne the brunt of a spate of gun and grenade attacks in the past year, blamed by the government on Somalia's
Islamist al Shabaab militants. Al Shabaab claimed responsibility for the most recent attack on Saturday, when 28 people were shot
dead near the Somali border.
Interior minister Joseph ole Lenku said the surveillance project would provide security agents with the capability to monitor and deter
crime.
Bob Collymore, Safaricom's chief executive officer, said the project would take 18 months to construct.

Hope on the way!

Hopeless the justice system is broken..illiterate police...clueless office of prosecution...and the courts.. finally the correctional dept..hopeless


We should focus on the source of the fire, not on the efficacy of the fire extinguisher.
kysse
#219 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 1:09:09 AM
Rank: Elder

Joined: 1/17/2013
Posts: 4,693
Location: Earth
Ole Lenku,I beg you by the mercies of God,please surrender the seat.
God will enter your name Twice in the book of life.


limanika
#220 Posted : Wednesday, November 26, 2014 3:51:10 AM
Rank: Veteran

Joined: 9/21/2011
Posts: 2,032
I can see wazua evolve on this…since we can see the connection between, Mombasa, Mpeketoni & Mandera, does this means in every county in coast and North Eastern, we have mrc foot soldiers who have already profiled the local populations, patterns,etc and ready to strike at short notice as soon as there is a signal….and these signals seem to emanate from some sheks / political leaders purporting to speak for religion.
The other issue is that shabab do not have capacity to plan these atrocities from across the border. If they had, we should have been able to intercept communications. Also recognize that due to instability in Somalia, many Somalis have fled to Kenya and this sizable population is now fighting for equilibrium, whether by design or default, and they have found willing partners in the struggle, again by design or default in the name of local politicians and sheks. And does jubilee understand what the term espionage means and what needs to be done in context? can smone pliz do a power point if they still don’t get it.
30 Pages«<2021222324>»
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Copyright © 2026 Wazua.co.ke. All Rights Reserved.