wazua Fri, Jun 28, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Is Equity Running A Scam?
Wendz
#21 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 10:17:39 AM

Morey wrote:
My problem with Equity is about online banking.I dont understand the point of having an online banking facility which is not fully functional.
Previously i could transffer up to 50k instantly but any amount above that has to go through the Relationship Manager.I was made to understand that the RM are supposed to check the online transffers after every five minites or less but it doesnt happen sometimes.So if you are in a hurry and you want to transffer more than 50k and you want to avoid the delay,you end up transffering lots of 50k and you get charged ksh50 per each transaction.
Recently,they have come up with another policy whereby after every transffer one makes s/he have to confirm to them either by phone or email so that they can approve.This is double work and expensive too!!

I dont know if yours is in the context of the many "50k" transactions that one has to do when transfering more than 50k but the service in general is very very veeeery important.....

Sometimes back, a family member had travelled to the country. We went round nairobi and bought several things where he was required to use his card. Now, in one of the shops (which i highly suspect) they said they swipe the card in some room somewhere in back office.... and it was all good.... after two days, he was called by his bank (out of the country) to ask him if he was doing purchases involving large sums of money in hong kong....... luckily, the money was "mid-air" and it was frozen..... if the bank had not confirmed the transaction in any way (phone, sms, email etc) he would have known when the money has already been transferred making it difficult to cancel and get it back, if at all!
bird_man
#22 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 10:50:09 AM

As Wendz has pointed out, when it comes to online purchases a phone call or email should be mandatory especially for figures above 10k.
You will be surprised at how easy it is to do online card fraud with some banks in Kenya.If they do not usually call you or if you do not have to call them to give you a "shopping/transfer window"......be very afraid!
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
kir
#23 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 11:02:04 AM

I have not heard of this problem and just as it was said, it could have even been in the media because of the number of clients affected. What amazes me is the fact that even with the bad talk, the bank still makes more profit and its shares are one of the best if not the best at th NSE. Just invest and wait for the returns.
MaichBlack
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:07:38 PM

selah wrote:
I hav always avoided Equity like a plague.It once deducted my cash without informing me just because a guy who I had guaranteed had delayed by a day to pay his loan.Then after the guy in village market withdrew money from somebody's else account thru the ATM I shifted to KCB.

Is there another bank with more scandals and theft of money from clients accounts by the staff than KCB??? For how long will they give the excuse [privately of course] that employees are taking advantage of 'the new system'. By the way the system is no longer 'new'!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
obiero
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:29:29 PM

give facts on KCB. These are serious matters

HF 30,000 ABP 3.49; KQ 414,100 ABP 7.92; MTN 23,800 ABP 6.45
Msasani
#26 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 3:16:20 PM

"Equity systems down" for 1-2 hours - happened to me 2 times around lunch hour in two different branches this week only.
I could hear Other members in the hall complaining that this is happening too frequently.
Am I unlucky or is it a sign to all members?
Bettertry
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:30:23 PM

Maybe these machines were not made to serve so many people in terms of the customers Equity has, which leaves them overwhelmed leading to the frequent breakdowns. BTW this has also happened to me on a number of occasions.
We Will Either Find a Way or Create One - HANNIBAL
BGL
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:12:43 PM

I'm a shareholder though i bank elsewhere..I do not have alot of time to stand on long lines waiting to be served. If all these allegations are true, then its just a matter of time before the party is over. But what i trust is the innovatiness of the CEO.
History will not remember you for your IQ. It will remember you for what you did. “Genius is 1 percent inspiration, 99 percent perspiration.” Thomas Edison
Gordon Gekko
#29 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 12:32:20 PM

@BGL, the party has just started. Remember what Prophet MJ said when launching the Barclays Mpesa linkup - there will be no retail banking as we know it 10 years. JM brought MKesho, so the party HAS began.
PKoli
#30 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 10:59:33 PM

Even saccos are going M-banking. Insurance too are on a similar path. Therefore all will be doing what M-kesho is doing! Greatest beneficiary is safcom