wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
Four MPs defect to NO camp
Wendz
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 9:53:47 AM

Why refuse what you can see when you cant even trust the ones who are telling you they are going to amend? This is a good document and I shall not refuse to have it when i have a chance... How do you trust one MO 1 on something he sat on for decades and decades? What makes you think that he has changed now and seen the light and wants the best for kenya and is fighting so much to ensure that this document does not go through? and so goes his right foot youth winger....

Ask yourself, why would the business community be the one fully supporting it when they can see its a bad document? Are all these guys so wrong?

I must say that I have read, understood and felt that this is a good document for our country and it has nothing to do with whether Kibaki or Raila says yes or no to it... Same thing, if you are saying NO because of Ruto or Moi or your pastor, then you are doing disservice to this country. Say NO because you have read, understood and based on that on that, you believe it is a bad document.
Fundaah
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:05:50 AM

Any person who has been around for sometime knows that this is the best draft(in Africa)if you know any other let us Know.....

Those who fought for the second liberation know what they were fighting for is sorted in the draft and have expressed their support for the draft ......Asking for a better one at this time is just being unrealistic...

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/t8ib6qz/-/index.html

You may say NO ...its your right ...but dont complain about the shortcomings of the current constitution as you will have voted for it in default ...that is the HARD TRUTH.../reality

Some civic education

Mr Ruto has been saying that homosexuality will be allowed in the draft ...

This is what the draft says

Family
45. (1) The family is the natural and fundamental unit of society and the necessary
basis of social order, and shall enjoy the recognition and protection of the
State.
(2) Every adult has the right to marry a person of the opposite sex, based on the
free consent of the parties
(3) Parties to a marriage are entitled to equal rights at the time of the marriage,
during the marriage and at the dissolution of the marriage.

To the Youth
Youth
55. The State shall take measures, including affirmative action programmes, to
ensure that the youth—
(a) access relevant education and training;
(b) have opportunities to associate, be represented and participate in
political, social, economic and other spheres of life;
(c) access employment; and
(d) are protected from harmful cultural practices and exploitation.

Older members of society57.

The State shall take measures to ensure the rights of older persons––
(a) to fully participate in the affairs of society;
(b) to pursue their personal development;
(c) to live in dignity and respect and be free from abuse; and
(d) to receive reasonable care and assistance from their family and the
State.

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
tony stark
#23 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 10:13:46 AM

Soko tele wrote:
Rahatupu wrote:
Kenyans have a very short memory. Beside the issues in the Draft for which I must salute Wazuans for their avid debate, the rest ni siasa mbaya.

Now talking of politics, the NO camp is anti reform to the core (even historically). What do we stand to gain from their selfish and retarded mentality? The Draft may not be perfect but is certainly better than the current constitution.

We risk losing focus of the bigger picture, perhaps we've listened to NO lies for so long that they now seem to be true. Recall the repressive Moi days, the corruption gangs of Jirongo, Ruto, et al? The cheating, careless and reckless voting rigging of Kibaki and Raila 2007?

Whether these melons burst or remain intact does not change the arithmetic substantially, they eat where their noses take them. BURE KABISA

I find that text offensive, the fact that i am not in your camp doesn't make you any more of a reformist or grant you the absolute monopoly of the same.

Soko tele that is the truth. Look at the no camp .. MOI, HIS THIEVING CHILDREN, and the church members who kicked out NJOYA not once, or twice but 4 times because he called for a constitutional overhaul and please note njoya is for the current constitution.
What rahatupu said is all true and if it hurts well the truth does hurts.
The No camp is mainly made up of anti reformers.
rasilio
#24 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:04:17 PM

Moi, Moi, Moi

any time Moi says something i always look at the opposing side. 90% of the time i like the opposing side.

Let no one forget that this fellow used to lock up people without trial with this very constitution. What makes you think he wants that changed?

Let no one forget that this fellow ( i call him fellow intentionally) was the chief when land was stolen by all and sundry. even toilets ( yet now he cares about the small man)

The NO side is Anti-reform. PERIOD.

If you are in NO you are Pro-Moi...(I say that with all the spit my mouth can muster)
Brewer
#25 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:31:48 PM

tony stark wrote:
...... Look at the no camp .. MOI, HIS THIEVING CHILDREN, and the church members who kicked out NJOYA not once, or twice but 4 times because he called for a constitutional overhaul and please note njoya is for the current constitution.....
The No camp is mainly made up of anti reformers.

Njoya has been a consistent fighter, so has Koigi Wamwere who is in the NO Camp. Moi was embraced tightly when he opposed 2005 constitution and I wonder whether he was right then and wrong now. AND THAT IS THE PROBLEM, PERSONALISING THE CONSTITUTION. Njoya - and Koigi- can stand to be counted as people who have fought for reform and they are to be lauded for that, but that in no way does not suggest infinite wisdom on their part on what the right constitution for the country should be and what they say remains an opinion to me, which I, for the case of Njoya and with a lot of respect for him, choose to disagree with. It has not helped that his attacks on the church have been particularly personal and petulant. In my opinion, the current draft constitution is flawed. I want reform but not that way!

On the four 'defecting' MPS, do I gather from some posts here that all MPs are supposed to be in the YES camp?

Wa_ithaka
#26 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:44:02 PM

Koigi was given 30 acres by m0i
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
rasilio
#27 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 12:48:22 PM

brewer....koigi? remember that even his own constituents could not stand him.

I am not furious at the 4 defectors. I am actually very excited. Let them be known for who they are.

I remember sometime back when our former leader used to go to church and say he was Mkristo No.1....At that time..go read the horror stories from Nyayo house.

He was loved by these church leaders as Kenyans were persecuted enmasse.

You can imagine what I think of some of the so called No people who come with bibles.

As for Moi, Ruto, Jirongo...just go to Nyayo highrise and see the next estate.

I have no problem with no people who have valid issues to raise on the constitution.

But I will spare no venom for those I think are simply irrelevant, untruthful and have exhibited harm on Kenyans. That seems to be the whole No campaing leaders. Sorry, but that is the plain truth.

However, vote No if you must. Vote No with a consciense. I will support you to the very end. As I believe every Kenyan has a right to vote as they feel and live peacefully.

But don't be surprised if I think you are Anti-reform.Because you are!
Brewer
#28 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:12:32 PM

@rasilio, do you post in wazua under another name? There is something familiar about your posts.
Njung'e
#29 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:16:35 PM

@All,
There is no defection here coz as far as i can remember this two Monthly Periods (Jamleck and Mwathi) have never been on the YES side........Fact
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Fundaah
#30 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:19:22 PM

Brewer your other name too ...Ngalaka?

as a Wazua veteran cum addict
Brewer and Ngalaka ..Ngalaka & Brewer ..have very similar lines of thoughts especially on politics topics they are either one and same.... or identical twins
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
annsal
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:21:22 PM

@Rasilio i like your reasoning , we need change period.
God loves a Trier!
willin2learn
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:26:58 PM

@Wazurians

I thought from a previous Thread 'Thika road expansion was a mistake' fellow wazurians agreed to engage on sober and factual debates rather than personalities.

I see this debate degenerating into name calling for those opposed to the Draft...

sky5
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:47:08 PM

@willin2learn

You are right. we need to be sober in this forum and respect each other.

I think the MPs defected because the 'yes' team has run out of funds. But do you expect them to behave differently?

While the 'yes' team agree there are issues in the draft that need to be sorted out (after 4th Aug), it is equally surprising that we at Wazua, are trusting the Mps ( or Mpigs -as most of us call them) to make the amendments later. Be assurred that the MPs or senators will make amendments to their own interests.(IMHO)
Mpenzi
#34 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 1:53:20 PM

annsal wrote:

@Rasilio i like your reasoning , we need change period.

Change for change sake may be worse that the status quo!!
Brewer
#35 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:08:04 PM

Strange. I asked @ rasilio whether he posts here under a different name and @Fundaah answered on his behalf!

Fundaah, i will answer on my behalf- am not Ngalaka!
Fundaah
#36 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:35:35 PM

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Applause Applause Applause

Leona once said that even FBI and CIA combined cannot unearth Fundaah .....Now I believe my sister ...Leona...

Rasilio must be smiling .....

I preempted him/her because you insuated that I am him/her due to our stand on the constitution.....

Disclaimer :
I have vowed to myself never to misuse my annoymity to spread hate ..but fight for integrity in our society ...
rasilio
#37 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 2:52:09 PM

To Brewer alias Ngalaka

sorry Brewer.. Shows you have a vivid imagination like your NO brethren. but I will be whoever you want me to be...You can find me at jukwaa proboards if you want to meet me. Probably not a kenyan forum for you as we require logic from the yes and no team.

People should never forget why we are where we are right now. I was in Kibera yesterday to meet a group of ladies who explained how it is not possible to go a night without women being raped. they had to form the group we want to fund.

How do I explain to these women that they need not worry, all is well. "We shall make sure there is no abortion in Kenya so that you can have happy babies from rapists who put a knife on your neck as they raped you. Amen. Sasa patia pastor sadaka yako"

this is an issue about voting for the old constitution or for the new constitution.

willin2learn is this sober enough for you?

kenya is rotting.
Kenyans burn each other in church.
Kenyans shoot each other in the back
Kenyans call corruption, the cost of doing business.
Kenyans are raping women any time of day.
Kenyan women who die are OWNED by whoever goes to court first
Kenyans are jobless and will accept 100 bob to whack your brains

Kenya leaders are thieves from Mp's to the fake clergy
Kenyans have not realised that Kenya is rotten

We need a new contract with our fellow Kenyans coz this is simply not working.

It did not work when Gama Pinto was killed, it did not work in the clashes of 92.97.2002, 2007. It did not work for the 14 year old girl on TV recently who's child died because she could not get medical help.

Tafakari hayo

If I sound annoyed with your pastor brewer, then go _ _ _ .

Remember that Jesus was sold for 30 pieces of silver. A scam that was organised by some people who called themselves "Men of God".
Brewer
#38 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:15:05 PM

Fundaah wrote:
:....

Rasilio must be smiling .....

I preempted him/her because you insuated that I am him/her due to our stand on the constitution......

Haiyaaaaa! Sikusema ni wewe! Ladies and gentlemen, I present....

Anyway, please let us not go there, but we need to treat melons with more respect.
Ngalaka
#39 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:19:03 PM

@ Brewer
Ati wewe ni mimi na mimi ni wewe!

Is there any need to engage fellows on that?
Negative.

What I dont know is, if your point of view and mine converge is that bad or good!

Can fellows judge views by their intellectual content or lack thereof.

Lets attempt to borrow from Martin Luther Jnr.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Wendz
#40 Posted : Thursday, July 08, 2010 3:19:12 PM

Word has it that one sponsor of NO(name withheld) has given some 300m for the campaign like it used to be done during chama cha baba na mama... there is no politician in kenya (leave alone other countries) who can be ready to commit such amounts on personal level for the common mwananchi! there is no such a soul anywhere in the political scene... that tells you what is in stake for him.... Assuming i had not even read the constitution, i would have voted it YES because am sure it would be right thing in light of this information.