wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
Uhuru park explosion
muganda
#21 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 10:32:55 AM

Sad indeed, and seems to be the work of radicals...

Capital FM Radio at 9am:
Police have intensified search for a 'Pastor' who is claimed to have announced something will take place at the end of the meeting.

Investigations show two hand grenades were launched into the crowd.
Fundaah
#22 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 10:36:15 AM

Pole to the affected ....I didnt know that so much was at stake to cost peoples lives...Wakenya lets love one another ....time for fundamentalism is over ....The country is for us all.....whether Yes or no
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
sheep
#23 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 10:48:50 AM

I am tired of politics and all this nonsense
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
Seeders
#24 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 10:50:27 AM

condolences to the bereaved and injured. difficult to guess who is responsible. cant put it past arap milosevic's lieutenants. cant put it past raila's al shabaab crew either. but i foresee investigation being blacked out until after the referendum. for obvious reasons.
McReggae
#25 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 10:56:11 AM

May those who lost their lives in this barbaric act rest in peace and the injured quick recovery.

.......hope the police will be up to the task this time round!!!! somebody seems to want to play with the lives of innocent kenyans!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
#26 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 10:59:17 AM

sheep wrote:
Logical deductive reasoning will only point to one direction...It couldnt be the YES camp,It couldnt be the muslims they are for NO....hata the self-confessed human Vamp Onyancha seems angelic compared to this monsters.

My condolences to the bereaved families.

Logically it will be assumed that it was the YES camp but literally the NO camp has the most to gain from it. Tough nut to crack...

BBI will solve it
:)
masukuma
#27 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:07:44 AM

please put yourself in the shoes of the bereaved...your ignorant deductions don't make sense to them now.
my condolences to them. i feel their loss. pole sana.
for the rest of the Sherlock Holmes wanna be's in the house: unless you can think like a psychopath or a murderous killer - i suggest we keep our well meaning but guess-work enshrined 'deductions' to ourselves.
If you cannot empathize with the bereaved - but instead choose to make callous comments biased by your political persuasions, you are no better that that mad man Onyancha!
Lives have been lost. regardless of the motive, this is bad.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
msotoville
#28 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:31:18 AM

My prayers and condolences to all the bereaved - they will be remembered as martyrs.

On the DL, methinks this episode has the hallmarks of a certain orange renegade who was conspicuously absent.
May the blood of our fallen colleagues haunt his conscience forever!
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
Njung'e
#29 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:31:49 AM

Quite sad......Condolences to the families.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
mukhamba!
#30 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:38:37 AM

This is really sad..what hurts me is that the people who "may have" caused this incident, where standing right there condemning "ghosts" while they "might have been" the guilty ones.
Mpenzi
#31 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:38:45 AM

Outrageous! Such unnecessary loss of life and injury. Condolences to the bereaved and get well messages to the injured.
sky5
#32 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:42:06 AM

It is sad and tragic that lives have been lost during a peaceful prayer rally. Whoever was responsible is heartless and hell-bent to plunge Kenya into chaos.

Condolences to the family, relatives and friends of those who lost their lives and shed their blood at Uhuru (independence??) park.

The Government needs to take this seriously and nail the culprits.

But, could this may have been caused by a 'THIRD FORCE' so as to cause a clash between the two opposing camps? Remember there are people who thrive and make profit in times of chaos.
theman192000
#33 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 11:43:05 AM

My condolences go out the victims affected by the blast and to their families.

I'm saddened to observe that the argument has been reduced to whether this was done by a YES or a NO person. Put another way, is Onyancha the vampire in the YES or NO camp and which side would have benefited from his activities?

Let us be sober about this!

Just like the 2008 PEV we must recognize that tribes do not kill and neither do camps. It is individuals that are culpable and bear the greatest responsibility regardless of their stand on the draft, status in society, religious affiliation, level of eduction, tribe, sex, etc. and this is how we should view this unfortunate incident.

From a legal point of view, though I'm no lawyer, campaigns for and against this draft were to commence after civic education, therefore this rally and others should never have taken place.

My position is that the review act should not have provided for campaigns at all including advertising via billboards, media, etc. The media should collectively agree not to air or publish advertising related to the NO or YES camps in this referendum for the sake of our country.
Brewer
#34 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:04:19 PM

It is a tragedy. My heart goes to those families who are in grief.

It is criminal! It is easy to politicise criminal acts of individuals by giving them group names or ideological tugs and that is our tragedy as a nation, yet families grief for loss of loved ones on their own.The police should get to the bottom of this and arrest the individuals involved.
aidha
#35 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:13:40 PM

Seeders why do you hate someone that much?
callaspade
#36 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:14:26 PM

....Kenyans,if indeed this were grenades,then we are heading a very dangerous direction.

.....the simple clue is that most people here in wazua wouldnt touch a grenade even with a long long stick!period.
....you must be conversant with the pros and cons of holding one, so in simple terms, you must have experienced its mechanisms before!!!
.....my condolences to the families.
........be it YES or NO, the security of this country must step up urgently.
Jaina
#37 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:15:28 PM

AL SHAABAB should be suspects.
Its so un-kenyan to bomb rallies, whats known in the public domain is that politicians use hired goons in the name of "Jeshi la so and so"

Whichever side of the debate you are, this acts are NOT acceptable.
Its a sign of polarization and how dangerous it is and it will be in the future, unless some things change.
Much Know
#38 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:48:56 PM

This is a crime with a perpetrator(s) and victims. The most unfortunate thing in this debate is the tendency for diminutive logic to somewhat give “fine” reason for crime as if there are reasonable “benefits” to application of terrorism to either side. But a mass murdering terrorist is just that, a mass murdering terrorist we can all do without. This is the case we are looking at here and not a YES/NO referendum issue, after all if it passes we should all move on and live by it as Kenyans and the reverse does not need explanation either. I have heard people try to justify crimes in the past by placing the blame on the victim. “She was raped because of how she was provocatively dressed”. BUT there is absolutely no justification for raping even a naked woman in the same bed with you, it’s a crime and she is a victim. “He was shot and killed by the carjackers because he did not cooperate”. BUT there is absolutely no justification for one to carjack shoot and kill, and so on. Trying to blame a crimes victim for what befalls them is perhaps the most repugnant way of thinking I time and again come across. During the post election violence, I often heard the victims blamed on what befell them, children included, as if they called the violence upon themselves. Sadly, the constitution will not change this way of thinking. It is important Kenyans stop dealing with politics as such a passion evoking issue where violence serves a purpose. In this case the focus should be to get and punish the perpetrator and separate the issue of YES/NO without reckless whodunit speculation that just serves to aggravate the situation perhaps to dimensions you MAY NOT NOW COMPREHEND as you haphazardly point fingers. The general sentiment for any Kenyan should be that this crime cannot be tolerated by any Kenyan (and should not even serve as a reason to vote YES/NO). No cost should be spared in apprehending the perpetrator and the resolve for Kenyans against acts of terror should reign through. Never should we be cowed, intimidated, rushed to act in the violent ways of many failed African states where simple issues manageable through peaceful application of reason, democracy and freedom have been turned into “causes” for violence and murder (war), anyone trying to take us in that direction needs to be removed from society.
A New Kenya
McReggae
#39 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:49:35 PM

Police are looking for Assistant Minister Wilfred Machage and MP Fred Kapondi for questioning in connection with inciting remarks they allegedly made last week while campaigning against the proposed constitution.

Read more:
http://www.capitalfm.co....iteful-remarks-8782.html
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
sky5
#40 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 12:51:37 PM

Kenya is increasingly becoming polarised just like the pre-2005 referendum days. I believe efforts should have been made to arrive at a win-win vote instead of the current chest-thumbing, intorelance, war-mongering and use of abusive words. Now that we are past that stage (but is it really true??)Kenyans need to pray for the motherland. No life od any Kenyan should be lost because of campaigns for/against the constitution. The sanctity of life must be preserved at all costs.