wazua Sun, Oct 6, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
BIDEN: This is a Yes draft constitution
msotoville
#21 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:10:11 PM

nanfor1 wrote:
by the way @msotoville, one of the reasons that we are still a third world country is not because of Bretton Woods or your next boogeyman, its because people like you have refused to learn how to read and write.

Words like "lemme", "coz', "proggie", "methinks", "innit", "lemme spelt it out", "Word!", etc are not REAL english words.

Shows that your logic is heavily borrowed from the American export of Movies. And movies are not real.

Capice?

Looka here, hombre.

You think I'm a putz who probably "received" my "sub-standard" education under a tree and that's why I use words like "lemme", "innit"?

Dude, how boring can you get?
Cheps like Smitta make a pile out of "typos" (Smitta Smitten, on Pulse, Friday Standard); does that make him a semi-literate village idiot? The fella is an art icon and arguably one of the best poets in sub-saharan Africa.

There's nothing more fun than adulterating the English language, and, even better, making it an art form. Going by your post you're probably an accountant (yawn!)

You can easily tell from my signature that I'm a hip hop head, and true, I do borrow heavily from movies, songs, poems....from Espanola and Americanese...I'd throw in a bit of sheng but, chances are, you'll "catch" nothing.

So how's about we stick to the issues, Einstein?
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
nanfor1
#22 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:25:05 PM

Ok, let's stick to the issues.

I would suggest you read the chapter on Free Education. It will help you understand your own arguments.

There is nothing worse than an African who has never entered a plane thinking that speaking and writing like a nigga is an art form. Ever heard of Mia Angelo...smitta my foot!

They speak like that because most do not have an education. Trust me, I know. Try getting a job in New York writing in that "art form".

But if you think that aping how an illiterate nigga is an art form, then I think I am engaging with the wrong person.Shame on you Shame on you

Have a nice day.

Hata wakizima taa
Magigi
#23 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:38:33 PM

Nanfor1
...That is enough for today. Spare the rest for tomorrow or you will run out of ideas like the NO team!!!

oh boy, my ribs are cracking!!!
nanfor1
#24 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 1:59:02 PM

aii Magigi how can I? I have kids and there is nothing I would hate more than they telling me that something called a smitta on Pulse is an icon.....Pray

In the same breath, they want to tell you they can give a coherent argument.

I have said before. If you are No, stay No. Lakini don't come giving shallow arguments and expect to get away with it.

Ati, smitta...

Hata wakizima taa
theman192000
#25 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:02:20 PM

@ msotoville, I was going to respond to your rebuttal but after reading the exchange between you and nanfor1 I became visibly tired.
Magigi
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:04:27 PM

Njung'e ...where are you? You don't know what you are missing!!!
McReggae
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:08:49 PM

afrocinema continues shortly!!!!
Seriously nafor1, you need not waste your time!!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Ric dees
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:20:34 PM

@Nanfor1 - From a point of ignorance who is Smitta?

Best poet in Africa, any link/website on some of his works??

The greatest danger in times of turbulence is not the turbulence; it is to act with yesterday's logic.
McReggae
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:21:09 PM

Mr Biden said it was not "his business how Kenyans will vote" at the August 4 referendum, but urged them to seize the moment to bring change.

http://www.nation.co.ke/...6/-/re1i9ez/-/index.html
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
nanfor1
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 2:36:34 PM

@Ric Dees you are lucky you don't know what a smitta is.

I have lived with niggas for some 20 yrs and even after reading his pulse column, I didn't get a word of what he was trying to say..You would actually get a migraine reading it....No wonder college graduates can't send me resumes with substance.

@McReggea..Though I am tempted to leave these liars alone, I can't. They want to intentionally mislead Kenyans on substance and fact.

I cannot be in Ruto campaign rallies but I don't think I will let one of them cross my path without setting them straight....
Hata wakizima taa
Obi 1 Kanobi
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 3:26:12 PM

msotoville wrote:
[quote=theman192000][quote=msotoville]
I find it LAUGHABLE that we should look up to a nation that took 200 years and a civil war to achieve what we wish to in 50 years.

More than anything, this is the kind of logic that normally makes me want to slit my throat.

America may have taken 200 years, but they were navigating new territory, carried serious baggage relating the first recorded cultural mix of people etc.

What do we have to say for ourselves, we don't have to reinvent the wheel, we simply have to copy a mix of the best from Africa, US, Europe, Indian to China and Japan, why should it take us 50 days, let alone the 50 years that we have taken so far.

P.S. Ouch!!! Nanfor1, you really do punch hard.
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
fantony
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 3:52:30 PM

msotoV should have heard the things Pat Robertson said about Obama before his election... he promised that inside a year Iran would have attacked Israel due to a 'tolerant' leadership...

if you tell your friend that he has made a good choice say... in choice of career, Christ, car or wife... it may affect how that person approaches the matter... but it is entirely the prerogative of the person to make the choice or not...
msotoville
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 4:15:42 PM

@Nan and his motley crew

As you old chaps are having a ball asking who a Smitta is, he happens to be one of the few Kenyan journalists to maintain 4 regular columns in Kenya's "established" press (since y'all a bunch o' geniuses, go figure what his real byline is).
He (Smitta) represents Kenya's population below 25 years who (if memory serves me right) constitute a 60% of the 12 million plus voters recently registered.

It's also interesting to see you alluding to a poet beyond our borders without sampling some of the local talent at Kenya National Theatre (on Saturdays) or at the Alliance. And I'm not talking about tired names like Carol whats-her-name.

On the Constitution:
And in case you didn't read the section on Public Finance, Mzee Nanfor1, chances are you and your progeny will probably have to continue doing what you are now - paying a pretty penny to some private school for quality education...simply coz you forgot to plug the holes in our public coffers in a mad dash for a "new" constitution.
Speaking of which, I've got three tots; one's a 14 year old who's married to facebook, PS2 and (his latest discovery) girls; behind him are two sisters who.....never mind!

Fact is, I hold their future in my hands and I'm about to hand it over on a platter to a bunch of narcissistic hedonists who raise their salaries on a whim and scoff at paying tax coz they are "elected representatives".

Surprisingly, when I put that argument across all I get is "you uneducated blah..di..blaah..aping illiterate niggas...yadda...yadda.yadda...contradicting Ruto on the Executive powers...blather..blather..blather...

Aside of the Kadhi Courts Cacophony, the Land Liars and some nitwit legislator from Kisii who translates the new constitution as "serekali ita kuja kuwanyang'anya mabibi", my beef with Katiba is that we place all our eggs in one basket, hand it over to a legislature who are (more or less) a law unto themselves.

Check out Section 222 & 223, especially no 223(5).
If any of you Bwana Nans and your crew of merry Aye's can point me to a section in the draft that gives me, a kawa hustler from Rifarori, the muscle to stop our (dis)Honourables from playing ping pong with my hard earned and painfully paid 32% corporate tax...trust me, I will be a YES man from here henceforth.

PS:
Have a nice day, too. But if you're a night owl like yours truly, I'm online till 1am.
msotoville
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 4:28:45 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
msotoville wrote:
[quote=theman192000][quote=msotoville]
I find it LAUGHABLE that we should look up to a nation that took 200 years and a civil war to achieve what we wish to in 50 years.

More than anything, this is the kind of logic that normally makes me want to slit my throat.

America may have taken 200 years, but they were navigating new territory, carried serious baggage relating the first recorded cultural mix of people etc.

What do we have to say for ourselves, we don't have to reinvent the wheel, we simply have to copy a mix of the best from Africa, US, Europe, Indian to China and Japan, why should it take us 50 days, let alone the 50 years that we have taken so far.

Interesting observations.
May I also add that some of the "serious baggage" constituting that "cultural mix" feel extremely disenfranchised and "talked down to"? Er...ring a bell?

Your solution is not only witty and brilliant, but pure genius.
However, pray tell, between the creatively lacklustre Committee of Experts, a president who (ideally) should be in a nursing home, a crowd pleasing PM and a bunch of legislators whose core line of reasoning is "what's in it for me?", do you expect them to even consider your suggestion?

May the Force be with you!

PS: After listening to Biden's address, I take back what I said. Thought he would "urge" us to vote for the new constitution like his EU pals.
Humble pie, humbly eaten. (Burp!)
nanfor1
#35 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 4:49:48 PM

@msotoville

Seeing that we are in the spirit of eating humble pie, I too take back what I had thought about you.

I honestly thought you were some college kid in jeans aping something he saw in a movie. It is obvious from your later posts that this may not be the case.

Before I can engage you in what I can see is going to be very entertaining discourse, can we continue eating the humble pie a tad more

1. Contrary to rumors spread on this forum, I am not a He.
2. Let us all come to the understanding that smitta or whatever he is, is not what you would like your kids to ape....I am very sure he can write proper English.
3. The standard newspaper cannot be considered an authority in English in any imagination of the word. Have you ever seen the spelling and grammatical mistakes in a paper that actually has editors?
4. I don't think that river road business is poor business. In fact, I wrote a paper on mama mbogas and credit last year and I know they are not. Just don't like the insinuation that I think differently.

I will take up the points you have raised tomorrow. I have kids to feed.
Hata wakizima taa
aemathenge
#36 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 4:54:22 PM

My, my, my.

Looks like I slotted my man @Msotoville in the wrong pigeon hole.

Bright chap hiding under the "ghetto niggar" cloak.

Learned too, in my opinion.

Having said that, I still give the engagement, so far, to the hard punching Glacious Lady, @NanforOne.
Njung'e
#37 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 4:57:05 PM

@Magigi,
This Fiat "rolly".....The thing took a couple hours climbing a mole hill...BK....Let me catch up.

Seriously.....Smitta....Could he/she/it be related to Arap Simit?(No laughing please.This comes with being on this side of Fourties)
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
msotoville
#38 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:00:02 PM

fantony wrote:
msotoV should have heard the things Pat Robertson said about Obama before his election... he promised that inside a year Iran would have attacked Israel due to a 'tolerant' leadership...

if you tell your friend that he has made a good choice say... in choice of career, Christ, car or wife... it may affect how that person approaches the matter... but it is entirely the prerogative of the person to make the choice or not...

Sawa Fantony.
I'm not some right-wing fire-and-brimstone prophet of doom as y'all have labeled me.
I'm an ACK, who sees nothing wrong in angushaing a Black Ice or two at Hooters with fellow hecklers whenever there's a game on (not a soccer fan by the way), or bobbing my head to Nas, Common, Mejja, Guliani et al while working.

My wife calls me "the homie that time forgot".

I believe that, regardless of how twisted your background/opinion/logic is, you DO have a RIGHT to that opinion. All you gotta do is validate it mbele ya umati.
So dismissing everything Pat Robertson says, does or airs is a little...er...dictatorial for my taste. Some of the items he airs are pretty inspiring. Granted, dude tends to be overly doomsday-ey at times.

As to your advice on choice...couldn't agree more.
BUT...in the same spirit of equality, it would also help if you tolerated opinions contrary to yours SO LONG AS they are validated mbele ya umati.

Sawa buda?
msotoville
#39 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 5:41:13 PM

Sawa madam Nanfor1.

If there's a way we can
(a) stop gova from guzzling 85% of the budget (coz they buy biros at 100/- bob @)or
(b)slap Uhuru on the wrists when he dreams up yet another supplementary budget or
(c)stop MP's (Members of Pilfer y) from selling our farmers out to GMO monopolies (like they are about to with the EPA's)
...and its clearly outlined in the draft, s'all I need to hear.

[PS: Ati college kid in jeans...LOL...That's my son in 4 years]
msotoville
#40 Posted : Wednesday, June 09, 2010 6:13:08 PM

Njunge wrote:
@Magigi,
This Fiat "rolly".....The thing took a couple hours climbing a mole hill...BK....Let me catch up.

Seriously.....Smitta....Could he/she/it be related to Arap Simit?(No laughing please.This comes with being on this side of Fourties)

Pole Njunge.

I'm 19 months shy of the big four-oh. But being a born-tao and a hip hop head from the days of the Sugar Hill Gang in 1981, I actually understand Smitts.

He has carved out a niche for himself with his own lingo to boot. And the kid can be quite the comedian....if you understand what his saying.

Nyumba, I will gladly translate for you his piece this Friday, deal?