wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
25 Years of Kalonzo wa Musyoka as a "servant leader"
Brewer
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:18:31 AM

Intelligentsia, good one. Kalonzo breaking ranks with the main ODM now looks like a good political move, considering what Ruto finds himself in right now.
kadonye
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:21:21 AM

@FUNDAAH, get me right, I do not support nor defend Kalonzo although I agree with those who support his move to back Kibaki.That was the most logical move a politician could have made
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Fundaah
#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 9:28:16 AM

By the way I do not have a problem on who Kalonzo supported ...my problem is what has he done to improve the lives of those he leads?...

If begging donors is what he can do to improve the lives of Mwingi north residents given the current conditions ...why hasn't he done so 25yrs down the line.....?

If Kalonzo could mobilize over Kshs .10M for the 25years celebrations ...how much more can he mobilise for say dam construction....

If legislating is what he could do ..... why hasn't he brought up the necessary bills to parliament?

How can one just sit on such 'gold' ..coal and and let his people be that hopeless?Shame on you
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Ngalaka
#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 1:47:04 PM

The kind of tint on the spectacles that people here wear is just incredible.

Having said that, I am quite okay with those who challenge Kalonzo over his legislative record, for that is a fair yard stick.

I have not scrutinized his record so I cannot comment much on that.

If that record were to be found to be wanting, I am afraid Kalonzo would have to carry his cross, all by himself. In the interim the jury on this remains out.

But for @Funda , to introduce that, looks more like he is desperately looking for any excuse to nail the guy - very suspect.
In fact one cannot help but notice the unapologetic shifting of goal posts so displayed.

In any case, isnt it a strong statement that,- the people of Mwingi north have been electing him to parliament those may years - that is testimony enough that they are content with him.

@Kadonye
You are a greater Kenyan.
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
Fundaah
#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:22:06 PM

Ngalaka wrote:

But for @Funda , for to introduce that, looks more like he is desperately looking for any excuse to nail the guy - very suspect.
In fact one cannot help but notice the unapologetic shifting of goal posts so displayed.

In any case isnt it a strong statement that,- the people of Mwingi north have been electing him to parliament those may years - that is testimony enough that they are content with him.

You used legislative agenda for MPs to defend Kalonzos inability to help his people ...I challenged you to table any bill that he has brought on floor of the house to lift the lives of his people....NONE ....and now you say I want to nail him?.....typical Kenyan politics ....all you see is political enemies out to finish you when the truth is said...

and then he has ridden on the poverty of his people to recapture his seat ....through widespread ignorance and you say people of Mwingi north have been electing him to parliament those may years?

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Ngalaka
#26 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:57:36 PM

I rest my case,- especially after realising we may not be on the same page.
Goodness gracious!
I didnt 'defend' at all, in the sense that Kalonzo is blemishless or that he has legislated superbly. I only said that measuring his suitability on what development he has brought to the constituency is - pedestrian.
I reckoned his job is to legislate and participate in other parliamentary work, hence, that is the platform upon which he should be judged.
I never said that he has done well or otherwise on that.

Absurdity!
The people of Mwingi north must be the most ignorant in the country compared to those of all the other 209 constituencies. That must be special luck for Kalonzo.
smano
#27 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:14:51 PM

Gado's cartoon strip on Monday's nation (I think)summed up well what the discussions against Kalonzo are in this post.

It does not matter how good of a legislator you are after 25 years, your eloquence or being able to lobby members to pass a bill or all those other things that the contributers in this post are using to support Kalonzo!

If you've done nothing for the people then you've done NOTHING! They showed a village in ukambani recent; that had a bumper sorghum harvest for the year after the rains came simple because they've embraced this as a more resistant foodstuff than maize. I'm not sure which constituency it was and how much the MP had to do with that development but it sure as hell ain't Mwingi!

Don't purport to make arguments for the people of Mwingi from your office in CBD! Like someone pointed out Isreal and Egypt closer back home are largely deserts but through irrigation feed masses.

We are not asking Kalonzo for much...we are simple asking him to start development projects that will help his people stop relying on inconsistent rains. That for me is the mark of a good legislator. f*** all the rest!
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
smano
#28 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:27:23 PM

@Ngalaka, instead of asking us to give a blueprint on how we'd develop Marsabit if we were MPs, why don't you then (and Kadonye) give an example of a bill that was passed in parliament that is going to have a great positive impact on among others the people of Mwingi (directly) and in which he was very instrumental.

I don't like politics and have nothing against Kalonzo but really, are we saying that since an MP is in an arid area he can't do something that the entire nation can learn from and use as example for other constituencies? Then clearly am disconnected from the world we live in...
BEER IS LIVING PROOF THAT GOD LOVES US AND WANTS US TO BE HAPPY!
Ngalaka
#29 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 3:42:22 PM

@Smano

You really are, in your own world.

Please re-read the post and try to get us in the context we intented.

For the uptenth time I repeat for the benefit of @Smano and any other of similar mind frame, - that if Kalonzo has not participated in the right parliamentary processes including sponsoring bills, then he is solely to blame.

I do not know that he hasnt, but if you do, share with us.
kingauwi
#30 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 4:09:19 PM

Pilipili husioila yakuashiani.

Whether or not any elected official is good at the job is a matter for the relevant electorate.
First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win!
kadonye
#31 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:01:54 AM

[quote=smano]@Ngalaka, instead of asking us to give a blueprint on how we'd develop Marsabit if we were MPs, why don't you then (and Kadonye) give an example of a bill that was passed in parliament that is going to have a great positive impact on among others the people of Mwingi (directly) and in which he was very instrumental.

Read through my posts.Is there anywhere I have said Kalonzo has been good in the floor of the August Hse?My position is that he should be judged using the right criteria.

If this is the way the educated think then why do we say that we only want the educated in Parliament.The not-so-well educated are good in resource mobilisation and starting projects!Infact they may be better!

And why were we laughing at Kiambaa when they had Karume as MP or Kibwezi(Ndile).The guys were good in 'development' and encouraged the culture of handouts.

In the 2007 elections someone tried to tell us that RAO couldnt be trusted with Kenya because he had failed to change the situation in Kibera slums.Though I didnt vote for RAO, I viewd this argument as absolute crap.

Criteria Criteria Criteria that's my issue.If we have to judge an MP LET IT BE ON THE RIGHT CRITERIA!
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Fundaah
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:16:43 AM

kadonye wrote:

Criteria Criteria Criteria that's my issue.If we have to judge an MP LET IT BE ON THE RIGHT CRITERIA!

Using what you think is the right criteria...tell us what Kalonzo has done worth celebration .....by his people in the 25years he has led them..
kadonye
#33 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:30:42 AM

Shame on you @FUNDAAH, ni nini huelewi?I'm not holding brief for Kalonzo.I'm not his supporter.If we should judge him, let's use the principal criteria first before going to the non-principal issues

Fundaah
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 9:40:59 AM

The only thing we can do with our leaders is to challenge them instead of trying to coverup their ineffectiveness .....as some of us are doing here....Only then can they live up to their promises....or their own perceived self-worthiness.
Fundaah
#35 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 8:31:38 AM

Its official ...from the government he serves ..as you can see the statistics here....mwingi county council ranks the 3rd worst performer .... In kenya...
http://www.kbc.co.ke/story.asp?ID=63558

Muthamas -Kangundo is the best performer....

Nothing against Kalonzo ...but he concentrates too much on looking good.. to feel good ..he has forgotten those who voted him.....Shame on you Shame on you
Ngalaka
#36 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:11:01 AM

@Fundah
You are stranger than fiction!!!

Nyeri was amongst the worst performers!!!
I don’t blame Kibaki, for I am rational enough to understand that he doesn’t run the council.

When performance on Govt entities is not good, that has nothing to do with anybodies else other than those who run and or oversee it.
In this case the back would be at Local governments ministry over how they have supervised the running of such councils.

Would we for instance blame the MP for Starehe for poor performance of Nairobi city council.
When they fraudulently handled the matter of acquiring a new cemetery ground, was anybody else blamed other than its mother ministry head, read minister?

Councils run at the behest of the Minister for local Govt. Any other govt official poking ther nose would be interfering which is part impunity in the sense that it is un-procedural and strange in law.
Fundaah
#37 Posted : Tuesday, April 27, 2010 9:19:12 AM

Ngalaka ,...this morning I heard the Kangundo council chairman say that they work hand in hand with Muthama to make the council an envy to the rest of the country in terms of service provision ....he didnt mention how ....but I believe there is something which Muthama is doing that Kalonzo has no time for ....

As a leader in an area ...everyone is looking upon you to show leadership....if you are in slumber ...or coma everybodyelse follow suit....