wazua Wed, Jul 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
WILL YOU VOTE FOR THE PROPOSED DRAFT CONSTITUTION?
Wendz
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 10:38:13 AM

Yes I will. And i am voting YES no matter who says what including the Catholic Church of whom i am a member. I have read and understood what is in the constitution and to the best of my understanding, it is better than what we have so for me, it will be a step forward to get this because i believe this is the closest we are getting to a better constitution in the next 10 years!
nostoppingthis
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:07:10 AM

@ niando...what was that about cops/APs having unions and can go on strike etc? si sasa tumeisha?
poundfoolish
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:26:57 AM

@nostoppingthis..

Everybody elects cronies.. but i would rather a crony of the likes of Ndemo or Naikuni than any of the current buffons...
On matters concerning the Church...

I believe as a christian, our battles are never physical ... we go down on our knees and pray..then and only then do we win physically. instead of telling us to reject a 20yr old journey.. they should have told us to be praying and keep praying.. sio oooh 'tutaambia kondoo wetu waseme No!"..

further more one needs to read the history of the coastal strip and the situation in North Eastern to understand why some pple must be pacified..While technically the Coastal strip is not 'Kenyas' per se.. the whole of Coast and mostly North Eastern Province feels more Somalia than Kenya due to segregation and religion..and we hang onto them cause of 1. the port/beach and 2. prospects of oil..

Kadhis courts can only be a problem if and only if the no. of Muslims become more than Xtians in the country... then and only then can we concede defeat and say yenyewe kondoo walilost now we are underdogs....

and if any MP would go amending the arbotion clause thru an act.. tell us, let his electorate know who voted how.. the constitution allows for a recall..atalilia chooni..
Noble
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:50:54 AM

Doubt we have ever thought of it exactly this way.
A Doctor's Wisdom

A worried woman went to her gynecologist and said: Doctor, I have a serious problem and desperately need your help! My baby is not even 1 yr. old and I'm pregnant again. I don't want kids so close together. So the doctor said: 'Ok and what do you want me to do?' She said: 'I want you to end my pregnancy, and I'm counting on your helpwith this.'The doctor thought for a little, and after some silence he said to the lady: 'I think I have a better solution for your problem. It's less dangerous foryou too.' She smiled, thinking that the doctor was going to accept her request. Then he continued: 'You see, in order for you not to have to take care of 2 babies at the same time, let's kill the one in your arms.This way, you could rest some before the other one is born. If we're going to kill one of them, it doesn't matter which one it is. There would be no risk for your body if you chose the one in your arms. The lady was horrified and said: 'No doctor! How terrible! It's a crime to kill a child! 'I agree', the doctor replied. 'But you seemed to be ok with it, so I thought maybe that was the best solution. The doctor smiled, realizing that he had made his point. He convinced the mom that there is no difference in killing a child that's already been born and one that's still in the womb. The crime is the same!
Together we can help save precious lives! AMEN
Magigi
#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 11:54:21 AM

...tunangojea Captain atwambie tutaegemea upande gani!!! Vile Captain atasema ndio tutafanya... Hakuna ingine...
JWK
#26 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:00:31 PM

My whole family and I say YES to the constitution as it is so far(including grandma - I've managed to convince her not to listen to the church). Of course we acknowledge issues in it that require polishing with time but we are more than ok with 75% of it.
As for the church,it should leave Kenyans to make their decision on their own after reading the draft instead of trying to influence them not to vote. Can you imagine if the church for example tried to influncence people on a constitutional right in any country where more than half of the population is literate. It would have no chance whatsoever...because most of the people would be in a positon to read, understand, interpret, and make their own decisions. Unfortunately our biggest problem is that most of our folks are semi- or illeterate and are lacking the ability to make independent decisions and must therefore rely on the church, politicians and the like for directions. This is our main challenge people; little or no education amongst the better part of the Kenyan population.....luckily this will not last forever. Soon and very soon....... In the meantime we, who have seen a bit of light have an obligation to reach out to our families and help them make good decisions instead of waiting for them to get help from elsewhere.
Cheers!
Njung'e
#27 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:02:12 PM

@Noble,
Such a wise doctor right there.

@Wendz,
For NO,the kondoos might ask,"Meee?"smile
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
McReggae
#28 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:37:40 PM

In 2005, they said we should make our individual decisions, I demand the same respect for my constitunionals right now!!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
aemathenge
#29 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 12:37:59 PM

@JWK,
Please forgive me for getting personal but one of the major reasons I do not wish to register is people like you.

Ponder this.

You have commanded, sorry convinced, your family to vote for the the constitution, yet you demand that The Church "leaves Kenyans to make their own decisions". In other words it is what JWK wants or nothing. What double standards.

At least some wazuans are honest that they cannot think for themselves but leave that to Captain and The Right Honourable Raila Amolo Ondinga.

I bow before the wazuans who have choosen to ignore the Church's plea to reject the constitution for they have choosen to think and act for themselves. They give me hope for the future that Kenya will stand.

Ladies and gentlemen, think very hard and act. Vote yes or no according to your heart and do not let somebody think for you.

For as Adolf Hitler once said, Lucky are the leaders that people do not think.
niando
#30 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:02:45 PM

Njunge wrote:

@Wendz,
For NO,the kondoos might ask,"Meee?"smile

This one(joke) is hard to understand, can someone make me understand Njunges stand on the Draft? Yes or No?
For bookkeeping and bank loan interest recalculation try us:niando.becia@gmail.com
amwitu
#31 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 1:37:21 PM

A keen look at how interested parties are behaving as far as this constitution is concerned, you can only conclude and summarize it in two ways: 1. That those who are opposed to it do so because either they are genuine that there are contensious issues or they are insencere and what they actually aim at is to retain the status quo untill 2012. 2. That those supporting it know very well that it is not going to go through and so they will be assured that the status quo will remain.
As for me, am not convinced that the Kadhis courts issue was handled as it should as well as the a bortion issue. Am currently studying the issue Michuki raised and will soon make up my mind. In the mean-time, am votin NO.
AM BETTER OFF BEING A REPENTANT SINNER THAN A RELIGIOUS HYPOCRITE.
kivairu
#32 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:47:52 PM

On a light note tho'........kama Agwambo amesoma akaona katiba ni mzuri, ni mzuri, hapo ndio nitawekasmile Amen! Hio ndio kanisa kushinda mainstream churches.......

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
aemathenge
#33 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 3:55:33 PM

@Kivairu, would you like to put what happened to Germany during Adolf Hitler's reign "on a light note tho"?
willin2learn
#34 Posted : Tuesday, April 06, 2010 5:11:57 PM

If Michuki is saying NO....hata mimi
the sage
#35 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 7:38:15 AM

@All England doesn't have a constitution. I will vote for it, but in the long run only an iron will to do what is right will save this country.
albertross
#36 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 7:59:36 AM

@ All, why should my taxes be used to support an office which I shall never use, namley the khadi court.

We are told that this office is used to arbitrate matters of succession and inheritance for the muslim faith. That is fine but the question is, if they went to a court, would their issue not be dealt with?

I had such an issue and it took me 1 year for it to be dealt with, but now I ma told that the muslims can have a special court that will expedite matters for them, and will cater specially for them.

If you want this, let all the taxes required for this court come from muslims.

My taxes go to support what will be used by ALL, like roads and schools, not by 10% of the population.

By the way for those who argue that they are already in the current constitution, two things............does that make it right and I thought we are trying to make a NEW law.

For that I will vote no!!!Shame on you Shame on you
Fundaah
#37 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 8:24:56 AM

I will vote 'Yes'

did you know we are the talk of the continent ....
If you are a 'NO' person please read on

http://www.zambianwatchd...n-zambia-emulate-kenya/

Can Zambia emulate Kenya?
By Trevor Sumumba

The Kenyan Parliament has just passed a Draft Constitution that is one of the progressive in Africa. This has come after much political debate and civil strife. The Kenyan people should rightly be very proud of reaching this point in their drive for change. The draft constitution passed by Parliament on Thursday will change the face of Kenya by introducing the most far-reaching institutional reforms the nation has seen since independence. If a majority of voters say ‘Yes’ at the referendum, Kenyans will have a Government in which the powers of the President will be severely limited, women’s rights are guaranteed and systems of land use and management radically changed to ensure equity.

The Constitution will overhaul the Judiciary, restructure the police force and write into law the socio-economic rights of all individuals as part of a Bill of Rights. In the new Kenyan Constitution, MPs will pay taxes, the number of ministers will be reduced by half and voters will be able to recall MPs who fail to discharge their duties properly. This is great news for Africa as a whole as no longer can Governments claim lack of examples of countries that have successfully changed their constitutions. Can Zambia do the same? Do we have political and national leaders in this country of the calibre of Raila Odinga, Kibaki himself, Amos Wako, Kalonzo Musyoka and all the other opposition and ruling party Members of Parliament who debated and voted based on principle and not on partisan cadre basis.

Under the new constitutional order, the President will find his powers to exercise political patronage severely diminished. The Cabinet will be composed of a minimum of 14 ministers (to be named Cabinet Secretaries) and a maximum of 24. This will translate into savings for taxpayers, who will no longer have to pay the salaries and perks of a government such as the current grand coalition, which at formation included 40 ministers and 52 assistant ministers. (Source: Daily Nation Newspaper, Kenya)

The position of assistant ministers will be history under the new constitutional order as will that of prime minister. Does our current crop of parliamentarians and Executive have the courage to do a similar thing? One wonders. How long will this NCC continue to deliberate and gobble billions of tax payers money? The Mungomba Draft Constitution covered a lot of ground already but we have had this NCC sit for years debating non-issues rather than ensuring that fundamental issues are dealt with like reducing the powers of the Presidency.

Kenya has really shown it is the ‘Pride of Africa’ and should be commended for this achievement. More importantly, civil society, the media and the religious bodies in Kenya played a critical positive role in this whole process and did not wage war against the process. They ensured that ordinary citizens’ views were incorporated in this new law. Now once the constitution is in place, the politicians can go back to competing on the basis of ideas and policy issues rather than on regional tribal politics which Zambia seems to be moving towards. It is hoped the success of Kenya can shame the Zambian politicians into action

Its time to be proud of your country....

No constitution is perfect....

and its always greener on the other side of the fence....

Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Fundaah
#38 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 8:49:06 AM

Here is the tally so far

ayes

1 y Magigi
2 y Njunge
3 y kiuki
4 y mcreggae
5 y pierce
6 y Muganda
7 y poundfoolish
8 y Nothingstopping this
9 y Wendz
10 y JWK
11 y the sage
12 y Fundaah

Nos

1 n agra
2 n Noble
3 n Niando
4 n amwitu
5 n Albertross
6 n kadonye
7 n jaina
8 n aemathenge
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Wa_ithaka
#39 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 8:58:34 AM

Idiocy of the highest kind to vote "No" on just one issue even when it has zero or no effect on you.
I don't like the Kadhi courts (btw I'm surprised the churches have not boycotted the current katiba given Cathy is already in there), but after 20yrs, Ksh20bn+ spend, we have a katiba that is 95% better than the current and really we can't stay rooted to one spot like children. Need to move fwd...

Yes from me

The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
www.eastafricanized.com
#40 Posted : Wednesday, April 07, 2010 9:21:32 AM

"there are several contentious issues. They should be sorted out first"
those are the words of our leaders. To me the issues that we need to sort out real quick are our leaders. AM VOTING YES

click here. shopping and advertising made easy n free at www.eastafricanized.com