wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
KDN AND Wazua
wanjirus
#21 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 9:55:54 AM

@blackthought,well I don't support their changing the topic to read as they wish,or to whoever's wish,what am saying is,lets not pick beef when it is not confirmed that @Alma has been banned,even he has been banned he can sign up on a different username and confirm the allegations,we don't know each other and our intentions here.
Jangwa la Jangili
#22 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 9:56:33 AM

Lets go easy on the personal insults. Remember the story of the swimming chap whose clothes were stolen by a mad man and when he had to chase the guy all over in the nude, no one could figure out who was what.

Saying a thread has been closed because it was becoming too long to read is quite hilarious. Reminds me of the classic Weka Tyre rebuttal from Hon. Reuben Ndolo. In the same light, I would like to alert Wazua that with 60 contributions, the thread on Tangerine Internet is fast becoming 'too much to read'.

But lets cut the Admin some slack. They have landed on unfamiliar territory in the context of the new Wazua which is trying to attract local advertising.

For instance, can someone try start a thread on 'Safaricom is the worst mobile phone service provider in East Africa' and see how far it goes? (Helpful Hint: What is the topmost banner on the Wazua page?)

I must say I can somewhat understand their intentions but they might be going about it the wrong way. They need to have a more transparent and consistent approach to guidelines on freedom of expression and not clamp down on people or threads inconsistently.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
blackthought
#23 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 10:12:56 AM

@wazuaa

I retliated as a result to:

Wazua's blatant dis-regard of users content authenticity...in my view this was an time-bad move! if there was need to Re-name the topic, this should have been done as soon as the topic was posted!!! not after ...7DAYS!!!

Instead of "re-wording" users posts, after such long period, why not just vet all new topics prior to them being posted, so that way you can stage manage your outfit as you please!!!!

and the KDN employees approach...using abusive language, and statements saying people do not know what we are talking about!!!(anyway it was their view...)

i do apologize id if my post has been mis-construed as "abusive" that was not my intention. However, the other character (username withheld)smile did get out of hand!!!

alma
#24 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 10:39:06 AM

This is my Update on KDN Services

You all saw the pomp and fireworks that were here yesterday from people claiming to be from KDN. I wrote to the email concerned at 1pm.

As we speak, I have not received any email, or call from them.

We called them today in the morning at 8:15am. They promised to be in touch in 15min. It is now 1:30 pm and can't even talk to any of their so called big people in their "escalation procedure". It's lunch time so I think that my business doesn't need internet connection as they eat lunch.

All I can say is....I was right.

It was my view then and 8 days later it still is my view that there is no isp provider that comes close to being as bad as KDN.

Since they know who I am, I believe that

1. KDN have intentionally decided that our firm is the omena that nanfor talked about. So they will not deal with us

or

2. KDN is incapable of delivering the services that they were paid for and eagerly sent 2 salesladies to out office to receive payment for.

Either way, we are out of there. Losing 3 weeks of business is no laughing matter.

We are open to suggestions. In fact, send us someone's contact and we shall sign their contract today.

as for the KDN moles. Since you have decided to not talk to us on phone , why don't you send your fellows to our office and remove your equipment from our premises?
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
MaichBlack
#25 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 10:48:31 AM

Shame on you Wazua. Yeah. I said that! You are definitely in bed with KDN!!! You are definitely on their side. I don't know if you have been paid as some have suggested or how much you have been paid for that matter but I believe there is some gain on your part (advertisement deal, free hosting/access, technical support, whatever) for conniving with KDN to change the topic name!
How is "KDN - The worst ISP in Kenya" related to "KDN - Just another Kenyan ISP"? Even if you had to change the topic (which is unheard of in cyber space) why didn't you change the topic to something closer like
Unsatisfactory service at KDN or
Poor customer care at KDN or
I am not satisfied with KDNs service or
Unhappy KDN client or
or or or or
Get my drift?
Can you prove my suspicions wrong and either change the topic back to it's original title or a title that doesn't adulterate alma's sentiments

Then you tell us the thread got too long. Pleeeease! Give us a break! 79 replies? Is that the most replies on any post in Wazua? Your answer is as good as mine! What's the upper limit on the number of replies by the way? Who decides? I have seen some post with more than a hundred replies. And suddenly 79 is the max when it comes to the KDN thread? Nini hii? Bure kabisa!!!

Finally, as someone correctly pointed out, be very careful and very scared. It's only a matter of time before someone (maybe an SKerian or is it Wazuarian?) comes up with a site like wazua only that in that site there will be no blatant censorship and judgment lapses based on material gain and in time you'll have zero active members. Your advertisers will desert you and you'll start wondering what went wrong! Even banks were there before equity. Now they hawk loans on the streets. I hope one day I wont see some ladies handing out brochures begging people to log onto www.wazua.cn (With the kind of censoring going on here, it's only a matter of time before the site is hosted in china)!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Robinhood
#26 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 11:01:47 AM

I did not see the rancour from the other posts but from what I gather someone at KDN or a sympathizer had the bright idea to trivialise valid concerns from a customer and even turn vulgar. I imagine there are a lot of decision makers in this forum. I for one take decisions on these things where I work and I will avoid KDN like the plaque, lest I be called names when I complain about something.

As Nanfor puts it, this should be a case study on how not to win new customers through a public forum.
Great men are not always wise, neither do the aged understand judgement...
KulaRaha
#27 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 11:09:04 AM

I can see Lukandu browsing this topic...pls, tell us, whats going on?? Alma is still waiting.....

Users browsing this topic
alma, armean, Guest (5), KulaRaha, lukandu, Robinhood, wairegi
2 Pages<12
Goto Page...
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
alma
#28 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 11:13:03 AM

We just got a call from someone from their company.

We've been assured that the problem a technical fault with base station.

We've been told that the service will be back today. We shall wait.

Good Points

we have recieved our first apology from them. It is actually amazing how a simple phone call to explain their problem eased my mind.

After 8 days of being lied to, empty promises, being edited, being called a liar, being called a small fish, and having customer service reps speakng to us in sheng, all it took was a phone call and an explanation of their problem.

that was all it took to make us feel relaxed. We know base stations can go down. We just don't like being lied to and being treated like fools as we were.

As for Wazua

It is unheard of to edit someone's thoughts. I don't think I have ever seen any website that has done that.

Dont feign that I was sabotaging anyone or anything.

all I did was express my displeasure and make sure that everyone knew exactly how I was being treated as a small fish.

if you cannot stand criticism, I suggest you leave the internet arena. If this is a preamble of what is going to happen in 2012, I pity anyone posting on this forum.

I hope that the huge rise in traffic elicited by my post will encourage you to re-edit my heading.

Oh yes, you can ban me again if you wish......
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
lukandu
#29 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 11:30:22 AM

@kularaha
True I am following

I did get almas mail and followed up. I sent him mail early this afternoon (not sure why he didnt receive) and forwarded the same to a colleague within who will follow up to conclusion . I ill personally update him on any developments before end of day via phone

Ps

For information purposes, the whole IP story was the wrong approach from my end. Alma is actually suffering from a severe case of interference (frequency issues) that our team has been working to resolve. Until I saw the ticket I didnt know he was on that BTS thus I couldnt really inform much.

bkismat
#30 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 11:57:45 AM

"Dear Nanfor1,

We welcome your contribution. Please feel free to request further feedback relating to the KDN issue. Our action in locking the topic was because:
--we noted thread had deteriorated into insults
--thread was already quite large making reading a bit cumbersome

Welcome to Wazua."

The 2nd reason cannot wash. I think there is one thread with over 100 contributions.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
alma
#31 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 11:58:18 AM

Update

I just got back online. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

I can be forgiven for not being too excited at the moment.

@lukandu

Thank you very much for your email. And you can thank the customer service person who talked to my partner.

Sometimes all it takes is communication.

As for my fellow skerians. Thanks for your support.

I will be updating if the need ever arises again.
KulaRaha
#32 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 12:05:08 PM

Dear ALL,

We welcome your contribution (as long as you dont comment on our advertisers, suppliers, sponsors, sidekicks, sycophants etc). Please feel free to request further feedback relating to the KDN issue (but dont expect a reply for at least 8 days, or until you make it an issues on the net). Our action in locking the topic was because:
--we noted thread had deteriorated into insults (even though we dont have issues with immoral posts such as "I wanna scr*w my sister in law")
--thread was already quite large making reading a bit cumbersome

Welcome to Wazua (as long as you dont expect to have free speech and true feedback)
OH BOY, I THINK I'M GOING TO BE BANNED SOON.....
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
MaichBlack
#33 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 1:53:02 PM

Wazua - You guys have just shot yourselves on the foot. After your deal with KDN which led to the editing of alma's post, intrest on this topic has grown significantly. Now if you google search "kdn isp kenya", the top two (not one as yesterday!) links you get are on this topic. And it gets better there are discussions all over the net on the censorship in wazua. I guess now it is our turn to call administrators of these sites to make deals on how discussions on Wazua can have their titles changed and ultimately locked. I love this. This is cyberspace! You have to be very careful what you do? It might come back to bite you! How many people visit mashada for example? Now the only thing they know about wazua is their affinity for censoring a.k.a. moderation.

@lukandu - I really appreciate your response to this post. At least you are interested in solutions. The other three clowns from KDN that registered to sing praises about KDN (Pinket and co.) did more harm than good. How do you go to the extent of abusing clients online (or anywhere for that matter)? How is you recruitment process? Just curious. This guys are so tactless it puts their level of education/qualifications to question. Anyway, that's a topic for another day.
It's a fact known all over town that KDN discriminates against SMEs in favour of the big fish (like banks "with branches in Rwanda" as someone put it). Either decide that you only deal with big fish and don't solicit or accept business from SMEs. Or accept business from everyone and treat them equally and with respect! My business might not have as big a turnover as bank x or telecom company y but it is as important to me and my employees as any other business - Plain and simple! One week of down time is one week of down time no matter the size of the business. And probably the SME looses more (proportionally) coz most probably it has no redundant links - it depends on you 100%! Kazi kwako. You need to restructure you customer care/client relations department SAP. Get someone who knows what he/she is doing to head it.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#34 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 2:07:55 PM

@Kularaha - I hear you. Ha ha ha. Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Wazua - I have a solution to this issue. Kindly furnish us with a list of companies we should never comment on (you know, the ones you have vested interests in) or tell us exactly what we should say about them.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly .

@All - Is there any other Kenyan site for investors with similar discussions (Investments, Business Ideas, Wanted etc.) but minus the big brother attitude. If not why can't a group of SKerians a.k.a. Wazuarians come together and start one? Wazua has started operating as a monopoly. Remember, we (the members) are the people who've made this site what it is. All the analysis on stocks, tips, ideas etc. come from members. None of them come from the administators! They just provide a forum. And a group of SKerians can do that - and even make some money while at it! My 15 Zim cents.
blackthought
#35 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 2:32:03 PM

@Kularaha, HEHE!!! i couldn't agree with you moreLaughing out loudly

Welcome to wazua, the place where your free speech goes to DIE!!!!!

here is a suggestion to wazua. How about you guys just turn the whole site into a forum for your sponsors? so that way all the advertisers, and their employees can have a place to hang out!!!and have nice clean one-sided posts!!!!Drool they could be lots of $$$ in that!

@Maichblack, you know, thats a really nice idea... anyone knows of a substitute to this partisan sitesmile

@alma, good to hear you are back online, KUDOS for making your point.

smile
blackthought
#36 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 2:39:26 PM

THIS IS SPARTA!!!! smile

Sorry guys, i just couldn't resist adding this!!!Laughing out loudly
poundfoolish
#37 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 2:59:33 PM

Wazua..I still Persist, Have you edited all the other vitriol and tribal/religious nonesense that happens in other posts?

and your last attempt at explaining urself ati action/solution was just utterly verbose..

How is it that just immediately after you changed the topic's heading KDN jumped into action...tsk tsk.

Kama KDN ni mshika dau ama mkiritimba ama mkereketwa wa Wazua tafadhali tueleze and anybody else whom is untouchable..

Anyway the issue ended ok
So ALL is well that ends well!!!

jaggernaut
#38 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 3:27:35 PM

Now this thread is becoming 'quite large making reading a bit cumbersome'.
kyt
#39 Posted : Friday, January 22, 2010 7:43:10 PM

Wazua, be careful what u wisg 4, see now what u have done, guys r even talking abt quiting my bro, be very afraid.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
abeta
#40 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 11:52:11 AM

This was the hottest thread this year!
I am also keen on an apology from Wazua admin. Please save face before people exit in droves and start patronising competing websites.

Wapi admin atuombe msamaha ?
Grass doesn't grow on a busy street.