wazua Mon, Jun 24, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

4 Pages<1234>
KDN JUST ANOTHER KENYAN ISP
DJKasee
#21 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 12:40:43 PM

Not so much into what this KDN does,..BUT at least i know they carry all players in the country...Safaricom, Zain, KQ, ALL BANKS !!....BLAH BLAH BLAH...

And No. 2, I use internet for free, courtesy of a product called butterfly (i believe it is theirs too)....aren't they the first ones to provide free internet ?

anyway, i might be wrong!
bkismat
#22 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 1:02:00 PM

Ever since I joined SK/Wazua guys have been complaining about one bad ISP or another.So which is best coz not everything can be bad.There must be one which is better than the others.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt...
-Mark Twain
blackthought
#23 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 2:06:05 PM

KDN brought fiber to Kenya!--GREAT!!!

KDN has POOR Customer Service---NOT soo GREAT!!!!

@Zed, pinket, ---Possible KDN *sympathizers---(ahem, *employees--it is that obvious)Applause , the key issue here is not about KDN's infrastructure..its about their service delivery!!! i mean big deal KDN hooked up the whole "fibre thingies", etc, But they FAIL when they cannot provide good customer service (service delivery!!!)...THATS THE WHOLE POINT!

Hmmm, or should we understand that KDN spent all their cash$$$ on the fiber network, etc and so could not invest in a decent customer care department? HAH! Please man!

And BTW, criticism can be equated to "suggestions" (only thing is, its the bad areas that get most of the "airtime").

KUDOS to alma for making the point! Hope we see more feedback from these "#1posters" soon! hehe!

Peace!

PS: people Do know what they are talking about..we are the customers...and last i checked that counted for something!!!!!Laughing out loudly
MaichBlack
#24 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 4:44:50 PM

@ Pinket, Zed and DJKasee. What do you take this forum for? Wazua members are some of the most intelligent Kenyans you will find anywhere.
You sign up today and start singing praises about KDN!!! Three new "members", each of them posts their first reply and it is in praise of KDN??? And to make matters worse, the three replies follow one another. Bure kabisa nyinyi (wewe). Even a five year old can tell you are KDN employees. Actually I put wewe in quotes because Pinket, Zed and DJKasee could be one person!!! As kibaki would say "... ya kuku!! Bure kabisa!!" Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
bird_man
#25 Posted : Tuesday, January 19, 2010 5:22:45 PM

Pinket & Zed, I share your sentiments.

I work in ICT Dept,in a banking institution. KDN Customer Care is lousy and slow at times....but we cannot argue about Reliability,Price & Bandwidth provided. We have them as our primary carrier and Safaricom as our secondary redundancy line throughout Kenya.

Our previous ISP used to charge us 4 times what KDN charges us for around 5times the bandwidth the previous guys used to provide us with.Imagine that!So all those talkin bout KDN, I bet you have no experience with them,use the service and then come post here.....don't just talk!

Even Safaricom & Zain data network runs on KDN!Do you think these mobile providers are stupid?
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
alma
#26 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:33:28 AM

@birdman and the KDN hireling

I am going to make this very easy for you to understand.

I care less if KDN is the biggest, the widest or the sexiest isp in Kenya.

I wouldn't give a damn if their internet provided a whole bowl of ice cream every time I clicked "enter" on my keyboard.

All I want is internet access that was paid for and customer service that works.

My experience with them motivates me to make sure that no human being I know considers them as an internet solution. I have a lot of friends on wazua and this is one of the ways of informing them.

In case you didn't get it the first time.

KDN has simply the worst customer care people working in any company in the republic of Kenya.

I will go back to my post

As we speak, I have my first 10 minute window today so I will post very fast before I get disconnected again.

I have written to about 10 so called officials in their company and no answer. Yesterday I got 2 more ticket numbers. I will call them again today and I will be given another ticket number.

Lesson for all

Its time for people to start sharing their experiences with these people. I have realised that most customer service guys just never studied "how to treat a client 2.0".

Caveat

I will post on this forum exactly when I get satisfaction including the customer service person as well as the tech guy.

in the meantime, I will keep on updating this post until it ranks higher than their own site.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
bird_man
#27 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 4:45:23 AM

Ok Alma,I was just giving my personal hands on experience.All the best.
Formally employed people often live their employers' dream & forget about their own.
Pinket
#28 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 5:55:15 AM

@ Maichblack....I take this forum as serious as you do...If something is good ...it is ...it doesnt matter whether you noticed yesterday or today...KDN being the biggest Data Carrier i believe it has so many clients who can log in and post praises and critcs. Point of correction...i do not work for kdn!Infact as i post these comments am at Rwanda...a branch connected thru kdn. Its good to give credit where due...and please if i were you (being an intelligent wazua member as you put it) i wud avoid such a language coz u don know me neither do i know you.....Civilized bloggers talk sense!n BTW which service do you have from kdn? I would like to know...may be you have none of thier services....

Zed
#29 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:16:11 AM

@all those who wish to call me a KDN employee...

I would be proud to call myself an employee of KDN!!

But whether I am or am not is besides the point. The point here as Alma keeps reminding us, is that he has received bad customer service...

So we have the opinion of his and all other dissatisfied KDN clients, then we have the opinion of those who are satisfied, so lets make it clear:

Those who are not satisfied need to understand that KDN is not just sitting there stagnant, it is a company like all others which is in the process of improving!
And those who are satisfied have probably realized that so far the service KDN is providing is the best and cheapest in the market!!

Now going to specifics, Alma's problem is his own internet which is to be provided by KDN... well there must have been some problem somewhere... the point is we need to identify exactly where and ask KDN why they have not looked into this area... and just maybe they have looked at it and are already in the process of improving!
muganda
#30 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 6:49:35 AM

I think it's not preposterous to conclude @Zed, @DjKasse, @Pinket are one and the same person or from the same company.

Not to worry, if you've heard the sentiments of frustrated clients, better time should be spent reaching out and trying to resolve the issues. Nobody's perfect!

I acknowledge that KDN currently offers fastest bandwidth for best price in Kenya at the moment. And were even first on fibre. So Wazua's given you free customer feedback - FIX THE DAMN issues and start by asking for the affected guys emails.
Jangwa la Jangili
#31 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 7:59:23 AM

kwani what are people are taught in Customer Service and Public Relations sessions nowadays? this has nothing to do with how many planets KDN serves. just get the contacts and resolve the issues. easy to see how this played out. MD of KDN got wind of this thread. he immediately sent the link to the Marketing/PR Head to advise why he/she should continue drawing a salary if they cannot defend the company through thick and thin. Marketing/PR Head thought and thought and when he/she finally thunk quickly ordered the garagarias to create three Wazua accounts and mara moja go on to list KDN's achievements for humanity. they even threw in a decoy by contributing to a thread of a chap looking for a house. at day's end, Marketing/PR Head updates the don on the 'serious actions' they took and hence get to keep their job and end of year bonus. kama uta insist kutetea your company, can you at least show some class in how you go about it?
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
banyamulenge
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:25:34 AM

Worked with the guys as our data carrier. i give them 7 on a scale of 1-10. A few times had to push them bit hard during downtimes. But again every interaction is unique in its own way.

"The longer the fuse the mightier the blast!"
kyt
#33 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 8:55:49 AM

This guy from rwanda has att, if kdn iko down, iko down. Wacha kutuchinjia hapa na coverage! Coverage my foot!
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
bird_man
#34 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:13:07 AM

But don't you guys think its wrong for someone to wholly condemn KDN like that when most probably 95% of those talking have had no personal interaction or service from the data carrier?I don't like their Customer Care but I have met very many happy users offline, me included.

This negative thread is really climbing on Google Search,maybe that was the real aim of the person who started it.

Comment if you have used the service please and lets be fair.
Jangwa la Jangili
#35 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:49:51 AM

It is already number 1 on Google under the keyword 'KDN Kenya ISP' LMAO! No wonder Wazua admin is running scared and has changed the title.
Katika Jangwa la Jangili ndipo Pwagu hupata Pwaguzi.
DJKasee
#36 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:55:55 AM

Good judgement comes from experience and experience comes from bad judgement !

If this KDN closes, i will find an equivalent or better solution ! I dont mind from where/who, all i need is value for my money,..which at the moment i have from KDN. Am ready to change for a better option ??, anyone ?
Pinket
#37 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 9:58:55 AM

I like you view bird-man....was for the same opinion...atleast guys with the taste of what is offered carries the day!
blackthought
#38 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:01:58 AM

Hmmmmm, interesting views here...(minus, @Zeds, and @Pinkets partisan comments)

KDN should just simply FIX THE DARN PROBLEM!!! rather than send their foot-soldiers to the front line to recite the KDN mantra!!!! i mean it makes them look sooo un-professional. Don't give out excuses, take responsibility!!! its that simple!

I think the question KDN should ask themselves is why they had to let this situation fester and reach such levels, when a client signs up for a service, it's only natural that they want to get what they pay for...

But, their (the KDN employees)response to this thread is a very good sign...Perhaps we should have this thread substitute KDN's customer care telephone number and email address, at least that way they will always be on their feet!Drool

How about that?Laughing out loudly

Peace!!!
blackthought
#39 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:13:20 AM

Jangwa la Jangili wrote:
It is already number 1 on Google under the keyword 'KDN Kenya ISP' LMAO! No wonder Wazua admin is running scared and has changed the title.

Yep! BTW why do that--changing the title? ati "KDN just another ISP"Shame on you (thats one of the problems we Kenyans have---sweeping things under the rug, and trying to tone them down) perhaps the 'big shots' at KDN made a "power-call" to the people at wazua?Applause

I say, let people speak their mind, the ratings are going up, and we have the KDN folk up-and about!!!

Good Stuff!!! can't wait for other ISPs to be this "alert"...WoooHooo!!!!Laughing out loudly
Djagame
#40 Posted : Wednesday, January 20, 2010 10:25:40 AM

@ Alma get the escalation procedures next time you are in touch with their customer care [very powerful tool]

If your issue is not sorted within a certain time frame you send the mail to CEO, COO, CTO and cc the technical+customer care and with the pressure from above the issue will be sorted.

The people who are given priority when there are issues with KDN network are banks, telcos, large corporates [with branches in Rwanda Laughing out loudly ] medium and small companies followed by home home users in that specific order.

So you can see why some people in this post can say they get good service as they fall within the top three.

PS: Before anybody suggests use their products, I would like to point out I have used all of their products
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" Native American Proverb