Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Old computers, old library books
FRM2011
#21 Posted : Wednesday, January 29, 2014 12:34:19 PM

kiriita wrote:
FRM2011 wrote:
butterflyke wrote:
@FRM2011, this is a noble idea and kudos to you and others trying to support the school.

You may already have thought of this but you can try and reach the alumni of the school, if there is a Facebook group, etc.

It might also be a good idea to post the fee structure for the secondary school which the best performing student has been called to so that people can have an idea of the costs.

@butterflyke, thanks for the idea. We have tried to reach out to the alumni but the response has been lukewarm at best. So far, we are only about 4 guys who seem to be serious. May be facebook can help.

The school fees is about kes.69,000. My plan is to make sure she reports so as not to loose the seat, then we hustle later until she clears.

FRM2011, Good stuff. Will drop mail. Meanwhile, forgive my ignorance - 69k is fees per?

@kiriita thanks bro. The fees is for the whole year. A good county school I.e. what we used to call provincial.
Murenju
#22 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 3:41:35 PM

I hope you got what you were looking for. Nevertheless we should not ignore the fact that we are dumping e-waste to this poor schools. Have studies been carried out to find out any health risk posed by using this old computers?
Can this school benefit from the ongoing laptop project?
Knock hard and it will be opened. Ask and you will be answered. Seek and you shall find.
FRM2011
#23 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2014 9:41:21 PM

[quote=Murenju]I hope you got what you were looking for. Nevertheless we should not ignore the fact that we are dumping e-waste to this poor schools. Have studies been carried out to find out any health risk posed by using this old computers?
Can this school benefit from the ongoing laptop project?[/quo]

@murenju, we are yet to get the books and computers but our best girl has already reported to school courtesy of well wishers.

I don't think anyone is holding their breath for the laptop project. And no, we are not concerned about e-waste for now.