2 Pages<12
Agip Gas
Am
#21 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 8:09:33 AM

Impunity wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Impunity wrote:
What cylinder are you currently using?

I have other cylinders which I freely interchange from one to the other - Total to K-Gas to Afrigas etc.

The one I'm talking about is a 15kg Agip gas cylinder that has been idle for quite a while.

A gas cylinder cost around Kes. 3,000.
You have other cylinders you are currently using freely.
And you dont need to stock gas cylinders awaiting usage.
You want to cut the Agip cylinder, weld it, then fix the standard nozzle on it.

WHY GO ALL THESE FAR FOR JUST 3K?
PLEASE SELL THE CYLINDER TO SCRAP METAL DEALERS AND MOVE ON!
HATA KAMA NI SENTIMENTAL VALUE, THIS IS TOO MEAN!
!

Shame on you Shame on you

Dude. This is Harsh!!
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God..
McReggae
#22 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 9:39:21 AM

From what @Chemos has posted in another thread, I had to check this thread out.....!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
AlphDoti
#23 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 10:52:54 AM

Am wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
danas10 wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
I have an old 15kg Agip Gas cylinder. After a long period out of circulation I have decided to start using it again. Supermarkets will not touch it. I was advised to go to a Shell petrol station because they are the ones who acquired Agip but when I got to one, I was given a long story.

Apparently they gave a three year period for people to exchange the cylinders, then they started charging some fee for the exchange and now they no longer accept the cylinders!!!

Any wazuans who knows how I can change the cylinder. There some wazauns who were discussing the business sometime back so I'm sure I will get the actionable info.

Thank you.

Try green energy guys...I bought their gas last year and they took my old 15kg afrigas cylinder in exchange for their 13kg cylinder. Their prices were even better at the time. But i dont know if they still take other cylinders now.

Thanks. Where do I find this guys? And is their cylinder exchangeable with cylinders from other companies like K-Gas etc. or I'll be stuck with their cylinder?

They were doing that as they were new entrants in what is regarded by ERC as a "pool". Problem is that you will show up with their Cylinder at a TOTAL or KENOL and they will refuse to Pick the Green cylinder. Gas Business is Murky, and the big boys Monopolistic. those who are in it know what I am talking about.

@Am I can relate to what you're talking about.
We were told by the gova cylinders are now interchangeable. But on the ground, this is not true.

I remember one day, went to buy gas, and after checking out my empty, the agent told me "we're not touching that cylinder bonoko, inatupatia shida kuexchange". After my shock, I was taught how to confirm genuine from fake.

From that day, I must make sure the cylinder has the name engraved on the cylinder, not paper glued on.

@Maichblack, I feel you. Only people who buy gas understand, not barchelors whose gas last for 6 months!!!
Lolest!
#24 Posted : Tuesday, September 03, 2013 11:44:14 AM

McReggae wrote:
From what @Chemos has posted in another thread, I had to check this thread out.....!!!

same here. Nothing much. We have seen worse from 'him'
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
XSK
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 10:32:56 AM

McReggae wrote:

link?
You will know that you have arrived when money and time are not mutually exclusive "events" in you life!
mukiha
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 04, 2013 10:58:17 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
I have an old 15kg Agip Gas cylinder. After a long period out of circulation I have decided to start using it again. Supermarkets will not touch it. I was advised to go to a Shell petrol station because they are the ones who acquired Agip but when I got to one, I was given a long story.

Apparently they gave a three year period for people to exchange the cylinders, then they started charging some fee for the exchange and now they no longer accept the cylinders!!!

Any wazuans who knows how I can change the cylinder. There some wazauns who were discussing the business sometime back so I'm sure I will get the actionable info.

Thank you.

Nozzles have been standardised.

Your best option is to sell it as scrap metal! No point accumulating junk in house.

Otherwise keep it for another 50 years and, may be it will gain antique value - but I doubt it
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Impunity
#27 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 12:08:59 PM

mukiha wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

Thank you.

Nozzles have been standardised.

Your best option is to sell it as scrap metal! No point accumulating junk in house.

Otherwise keep it for another 50 years and, may be it will gain antique value - but I doubt it

@mukiha, I told him the same advice in the very first or second reply to his post, he abused me while his ilk accused me of being insensitive.

My opinion still remains! If the cylinder is of any sentimental value then let him keep it in the servant quarters; but if he badly needs some money then sell it as scrap and move on...no need to milk even the last cent from any property.

Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Impunity
#28 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 12:13:46 PM

McReggae wrote:

And what have you noticed?
d'oh!

MaichBlack
#29 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 1:02:42 PM

Thank you all [minus one] for the assistance. I managed to exchange the cylinder. I was given someone's number, gave him a call and he came and picked up the cylinder. I gave him my old cylinder + 2,500/= and he gave me a compliant cylinder. No hustle.

And for the kid who still uses firewood, you cannot have sentimetal attachment to a cylinder. This is how it works. I'll try to simplify it for you as much as possible. When you run out of gas, you take your cylinder to an outlet - petrol station, supermarket etc. - and they give you a DIFFERENT cylinder with gas... You will learn all this when you finally grow up - which is probably nineteen two thousand and never!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Querry
#30 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 2:13:09 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
Thank you all [minus one] for the assistance. I managed to exchange the cylinder. I was given someone's number, gave him a call and he came and picked up the cylinder. I gave him my old cylinder + 2,500/= and he gave me a compliant cylinder. No hustle.

And for the kid who still uses firewood, you cannot have sentimetal attachment to a cylinder. This is how it works. I'll try to simplify it for you as much as possible. When you run out of gas, you take your cylinder to an outlet - petrol station, supermarket etc. - and they give you a DIFFERENT cylinder with gas... You will learn all this when you finally grow up - which is probably nineteen two thousand and never!

I have an old total cylinder(15kg), do they accept those too?
MaichBlack
#31 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 2:29:29 PM

Querry wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:

I have an old total cylinder(15kg), do they accept those too?

I suspect the guy might accept but I'm not sure. I can ask him for you. Have you tried Total petrol stations though?
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
Impunity
#32 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 3:46:17 PM

MaichBlack wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

How much is the cost of a new 15kg cylinder?
Did you get a compliant Agip cylinder?
With all your middle class gas usage you still cant spare 5K to buy a new cylinder, you had to roam around town looking for whoever can excahnge your Agip cylinder? No brainer. Complete waste of time; I would rather spend that time collecting more firewood to cook my food.
So whatever amount of cash you saved have really improved your life?
NKT.

motta
#33 Posted : Saturday, September 07, 2013 10:32:07 PM

@MaichBlack, I also have an Agip cylinder which I can't use.Pls sms me the no. Of that guy maybe he can help a brother in need & am based in the south coast.
"La historia me absolvera"Fidel Castro
maka
#34 Posted : Sunday, September 08, 2013 9:21:12 AM

He he @Impunity your just like the energizer bunny you dont give up...on and on and on...lazima ulikuwa toto sumbua.
possunt quia posse videntur