wazua Tue, Jun 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

5 Pages<1234>»
New look Nation.co.ke site
Impunity
#21 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 11:28:06 AM

bird_man wrote:
Reminds me of when we moved from StocksKenya to Wazua.Mtazoea tu....

Watahama halafu two months watakuwa ndani kama thong!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

pleasecallme
#22 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 11:41:52 AM

new look is bogus. looks cheap and cluttered..looks 'busy' and business daily gone just like that
You kill bird...bird dead snake come.
Circle Digital
#23 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 2:14:13 PM

We are Circle Digital Ltd, designers of the new Nation Website.

We are very grateful for all feedback, positive and negative. We are taking everything into consideration and working around the clock to address bug fixes. We appreciate that there have been challenges.

We would like to specifically reject the allegation that the new site is a copy of the USA Today site. Consider for instance the navigation of that site Vs Nation. Or the use of a slider on USA Today that is not present on Nation site.

We appreciate that there are challenges, but the integrity and originality of the work is intact.

Please keep constructive comment coming.

Siringi
#24 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 2:21:28 PM

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you pisha hodi kwanza are you a socquet am blug?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Circle Digital wrote:

We are very grateful for all feedback, positive and negative. We are taking everything into consideration and working around the clock to address bug fixes. We appreciate that there have been challenges.

We would like to specifically reject the allegation that the new site is a copy of the USA Today site. Consider for instance the navigation of that site Vs Nation. Or the use of a slider on USA Today that is not present on Nation site.

We appreciate that there are challenges, but the integrity and originality of the work is intact.

"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
symbols
#25 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 2:23:13 PM

Siringi wrote:
Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you pisha hodi kwanza are you a socquet am blug?Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Circle Digital wrote:

Laughing out loudly
smitha
#26 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 3:50:25 PM

I do not like the new website, it is not organised and the stories are all over the place. I also agree that it seems to have been copied from the USA Today portal.
bubethi
#27 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 4:10:43 PM

Like Judge Ian says, "Its a no for me".

The new look resembles the initial maiden webpages when internet was introduced to the world.
Impunity
#28 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 4:23:51 PM

Circle Digital wrote:

Return the original website, or was it so expensive to maintain?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

alma
#29 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 4:53:04 PM

it doesn't matter what you think.

The stats should tell. If there is a fall in the number of pages per visit, then its a bad design. If there's a rise, then its a good design. Only the guys who look at nation stats will know.

Sisi wengine are merely the guinea pigs and our opinions are irrelevant.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
kryptonite
#30 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 4:56:34 PM

symbols wrote:
Siringi wrote:

Circle Digital wrote:

Laughing out loudly

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Wazua is a shark tank
The harder you work, the luckier you get
Lolest!
#31 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 5:05:46 PM

Maisha ngumu, first it was the difficult navigation in Windows 8 and Server 2012 OS now Nation have followed suit

Maybe I'll get used but return links to sister publications please!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
alma
#32 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 5:18:16 PM

Just looked at it...lol hadn't before.

Enyewe comparing it to USA today is rather unfair to the developers of USA today.

Someone forgot this was a newspaper, not a two man blog with few resources for a good designer. They should have had a bigger budget for their website to be honest. coz whatever it was, it wasn't enough.

There is too much white space on the site. Spaces everywhere.
No sence of form or structure. One block of content overrides another block of content.

sure you want to get more from advertising but those ad placements are annoying to say the least. Compare the ads on usa today.

As for the megamenu being bragged about as being different, thats a $10 script in 2013.

The saving grace is that Nation is a brand. So this shouldn't affect them in the short run. But its annoying to think that the standard design is better. lol Ok its not....

If someone had tried it on their own blog, they'd definately have lost traffic. Lakini tutazoea tu or someone will create something better than that design and we shall move in droves. News is news you know.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
murchr
#33 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 5:57:12 PM

Circle Digital wrote:

We hate it, remove the "MUST READ" column it looks misplaced, the other page looked more like a newspaper than a blog.

Pls dont touch Business Daily

@alma, it took a while for you to comment, i was peeping to see YOUR comment
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Magigi
#34 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 6:04:13 PM

Seriously it is not appealing to the eye...compare with the Star http://www.the-star.co.ke/...Need to do something about the structure
Siringi
#35 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 5:46:18 AM

Bw Linus Gitahi @ Nation.co.ke

We are busy people. Wacha hii upuzi ya experiment-rudisha gazeti ama we shall be reading Star, Standard, People then once a week peep to see kama umewacha phangi nktest

the reason i read online papers is to gauge readers views and comments hapo chini at he end of the article!!! sio upuzi by some of your barely literate excuses of journalists

we know una shida ya macho nne me i dont what is it with the huge font?
Mbloo hapa mmetupa mbao na randa. . .

Na hii black blck nyeuzi all over ni nini? Kwani ni nyawawa nyninyi nightrunners?

Otherwise tutaomba sirkal iingilie. . . Hii ni hujuma.
"πŸ˜–πŸ˜‘KQ makes money for everyone except the shareholder 😏😏 " overheard in Wazua
mwekez@ji
#36 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 11:14:47 AM

murchr wrote:
@Circle Digital, Pls dont touch Business Daily

#constructive comment
butterflyke
#37 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:15:00 AM

Gathige wrote:
My view, the old one was better esp in terms of navigation. I liked the upper bar with a link to the other publications. The new one seems like a slide-show

i agree. can't get to the opinions for sunday's edition. the navigation bar with links to news, blogs, etc should at the top of the page. Bottom line is make it easier to nagivate to a variety of things like on the previous site
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
butterflyke
#38 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:19:39 AM

bird_man wrote:

one can navigate to various contents on wazua far much better than on DN's new site, especially on a mobile device
Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. - Muhammad Ali🐝
georgegop
#39 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:22:11 AM

I consider myself IT savvy but the new look Nation website is just PATHETIC!
Don't Work for Money, Let Money Work for You..
mkenyan
#40 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2013 10:44:32 AM

butterflyke wrote:
bird_man wrote:

one can navigate to various contents on wazua far much better than on DN's new site, especially on a mobile device

you expect your mobile version to be like the web one? the old website was shit. this one is far much better. just take time to know where the links are like you did with the old version. think guys here have been used to the old shitty web version such that when they even get a better one they scream.