wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
South Sudan Trading
the deal
#21 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:42:22 AM

guru267 wrote:
the deal wrote:
I play South Sudan via CFC. I think they should enter Burundi too....

Stanbic Ug is also looking at Burundi! I really wonder who Standard Bank will choose for the job?

They should just merge...with the HQ in Nairobi....UG...SS...Tz...etc as subsidiaries....smile
mwekez@ji
#22 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:23:51 AM

the deal wrote:
guru267 wrote:
the deal wrote:

Stanbic Ug is also looking at Burundi! I really wonder who Standard Bank will choose for the job?

They should just merge...with the HQ in Nairobi....UG...SS...Tz...etc as subsidiaries....smile

smile
Meduza
#23 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 6:33:00 PM

guru267 wrote:
the deal wrote:

Burundi aint that bad with business, but entrant of some of those banks tht have branches in Kenya will sure work well for kenyan traders.
You cant win, unless you first begin....
kizee1
#24 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 7:35:42 PM

the deal wrote:
I play South Sudan via CFC. I think they should enter Burundi too....given the banks strong global markets team & international links ( SA & China) forex shouldnt been an issue.... smile

well, how has their global markets strength helped them in s sudan? kcb is still numero uno....the problem with these markets is the currencies are controlled thus there is an element of mispricing and misallocation..econ 101
the deal
#25 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:18:22 PM

kizee1 wrote:
the deal wrote:
I play South Sudan via CFC. I think they should enter Burundi too....given the banks strong global markets team & international links ( SA & China) forex shouldnt been an issue.... smile

well, how has their global markets strength helped them in s sudan? kcb is still numero uno....the problem with these markets is the currencies are controlled thus there is an element of mispricing and misallocation..econ 101

My friend what you are saying is bull crap...here is why

1. KCB has been in South Sudan (S.S) for 8 yrs now while CFC just went there last year.
2. KCB has 25 branches in S.S while CFC has only 1.
3. CFC broke even within 9 month in S.S while KCB took years
4. In Q1 2013 KCB S.S made close to Sh400mn for KCB while CFC with its one branch made close to Sh150mn.

From the above tell me who is doing better?
Meduza
#26 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 11:19:32 PM

kizee1 wrote:
the deal wrote:

The problem is too much govt interference...control. So the black market thrives. you hv the dollars in your bank account,but you cannot pay out, the allocations i think hv to be given by their 'central bank' for the banks to release these dollars and thats where the problem is.
QD
#27 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 11:19:02 AM

So what do we trade in S.S or Burundi as am interested. Want to join the trading.
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts while the stupid ones are full of confidence
tonicasert
#28 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 11:31:14 AM

kizee1 wrote:
the deal wrote:

Former and current...smile
guru267
#29 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 12:06:19 PM

the deal wrote:
guru267 wrote:
the deal wrote:

CFC Stanbic and Stanbic Uganda are currently approximately the same size.

A merging of operations could work but I doubt the shareholding can be altered since they are both publicly listed entities!

Given that they are the same size I would Stanbic Ug to move into Central Africa due to its proximity and convenience
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
the deal
#30 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 12:19:14 PM

guru267 wrote:
the deal wrote:
guru267 wrote:
the deal wrote:

CFC Stanbic and Stanbic Uganda are currently approximately the same size.

A merging of operations could work but I doubt the shareholding can be altered since they are both publicly listed entities!

Given that they are the same size I would Stanbic Ug to move into Central Africa due to its proximity and convenience

They have a common shareholder...Standard Bank can easily construct a merger...but there is no need since Stanbic UG is the flagship company of the USE...but Stanbic UG will just remain in UG that I can guarantee you.
Meduza
#31 Posted : Monday, June 17, 2013 4:02:33 PM

QD wrote:
So what do we trade in S.S or Burundi as am interested. Want to join the trading.

Fuel, water, bevearages