Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
help pls car steering wheel
woodpecker
#21 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 11:47:11 AM

Impunity wrote:
woodpecker wrote:
abdulrahman wrote:

am still driving it though with very difficult to twist steering wheel. I want to have it checked again.If its pump, where can I get a good one not fake and not toyota kenya coz of cost.
What could be the cost.
My car engine is 4A

As you seek solutions for the above, you need to get this car off the road till you are sorted. Imagine if you were required to quickly swerve to avoid hitting someone/thing and it jams, would you blame yourself or the car once damage is done?

"jmt..."

@pecker, do you know the speed he is doing? The guy could be doing 10km/h, at that speed you need NOT to swerve, you just hit the brakes hard.

Na sasa huyu "JMT" ndio sensor gani kwa gari?

And someone above there is asking about IC, this "Integrated Circuit" just call it a miniature computer.Sad

JMT = Just My Thoughts smile

Do not let your hearts be troubled, trust in God
abdulrahman
#22 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:15:57 PM

Diagnosis has been made by a well qualified mechanic after running some tests and concludes we need to change the cartilage ( the ATF pump). We will do that tomorrow.

Which shop or where can I get at a reasonable price for a 4A engine AE 111.

Thanks in advance.
AlphDoti
#23 Posted : Tuesday, June 12, 2012 5:29:46 PM

abdulrahman wrote:
Diagnosis has been made by a well qualified mechanic after running some tests and concludes we need to change the cartilage ( the ATF pump). We will do that tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Impala Auto Spares, Dunga Road, Industrial Area.
AlphDoti
#24 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 10:01:45 AM

@abdulrahman you sound happy today morning in another thread. Were you sorted with your car? Give update bwana!
gatoho
#25 Posted : Thursday, June 14, 2012 5:08:39 PM

Impala Auto Spares, Dunga Road, Industrial Area.[/quote]

Memories, used to buy parts here and sell at a premium 10 yrs ago smile
Foresight..
abdulrahman
#26 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 10:02:52 AM

AlphDoti wrote:
@abdulrahman you sound happy today morning in another thread. Were you sorted with your car? Give update bwana!

sorry for the late reply @ Alphadoti

After the diagnosis was done per my earlier update, I talked to another mechanic friend of mine and he advised me to pass by his garange that day evening before changing the cartilage/pump as I was advised by the earlier guy. You wouldnt believe that after getting to his garange at 8pm in the evening after office, he "chokorad" it and rectified the problem.I spent a total of ksh 1,050 including his pay way below what I had been advised ie ksh 8,000 for a new pump and another 2,000 for the mech pay and ATF fluid.

Its now a week and the steering wheel moves as new.
AlphDoti
#27 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 11:27:56 AM

We're glad we could 'help' (warn).
Mkimwa
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 2:34:07 PM

abdulrahman wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

After the diagnosis was done per my earlier update, I talked to another mechanic friend of mine and he advised me to pass by his garange that day evening before changing the cartilage/pump as I was advised by the earlier guy. You wouldnt believe that after getting to his garange at 8pm in the evening after office, he "chokorad" it and rectified the problem.I spent a total of ksh 1,050 including his pay way below what I had been advised ie ksh 8,000 for a new pump and another 2,000 for the mech pay and ATF fluid.

So what was the problem?
abdulrahman
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 4:01:42 PM

Mkimwa wrote:
abdulrahman wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

So what was the problem?

Blockage inside the pump.
Jus Blazin
#30 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 3:11:51 PM

abdulrahman wrote:
Mkimwa wrote:
abdulrahman wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

So what was the problem?

@abdulrahman, tafadhali nitumie hizo contacts za that mech who rectified your problem. Kuna mtu amekuwa akiendesha gari yake ikiwa na hiyo shida ya steering for a while (two months), and I would want to help them out juu he thinks it's very expensive to change the pump. I always see that steering issue as a disaster waiting to happen. Send the mech's contact to jsblazin@gmail.com tafadhali.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
harrydre
#31 Posted : Tuesday, January 14, 2014 1:22:49 AM

Jus Blazin wrote:
abdulrahman wrote:
Mkimwa wrote:
abdulrahman wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:

So what was the problem?

@abdulrahman, tafadhali nitumie hizo contacts za that mech who rectified your problem. Kuna mtu amekuwa akiendesha gari yake ikiwa na hiyo shida ya steering for a while (two months), and I would want to help them out juu he thinks it's very expensive to change the pump. I always see that steering issue as a disaster waiting to happen. Send the mech's contact to jsblazin@gmail.com tafadhali.

@abdulrahman, is the car still running fine? well if the ATF pump hasn't 'died' yet, always replace the ATF fluid once every so often as you have the car on routine service. They call it flushing. After a while those fluids don't function as intended due to dust, wear and tear etc. You will find different types of fluids in an engine such as oil, transmission fluid, ATF (which is the steering), brake fluid, coolant and the washer fluid.

Keep us updated.
i.am.back!!!!
banyamulenge
#32 Posted : Wednesday, January 15, 2014 4:33:27 PM

Applause
abdulrahman wrote:

Thanks in advance.

Applause Applause For these 'ECU' cars, don't beat about the bush for any problem that is not obvious. Best idea is to read the OBD faults (diagnosis) if any (of course not for punctures and related). I know someone (not a friend) who had to import an entire dashboard after the mechs messed it all up testing with a bulb and a wire. Problem was a sensor.

"The longer the fuse the mightier the blast!"
ZZE123
#33 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 4:23:30 PM

I imported a Toyota 4X4 from japan in November 2014 and it has so far done 55,000KM’s. The steering started feeling hard and today I am informed by my garage that the Power Steering pump needs to be replaced at Kes 100K.. What can be the cause of the failure @ only 55K Km’sSad Sad
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
gmg
#34 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 4:35:34 PM

ZZE123 wrote:
I imported a Toyota 4X4 from japan in November 2014 and it has so far done 55,000KM’s. The steering started feeling hard and today I am informed by my garage that the Power Steering pump needs to be replaced at Kes 100K.. What can be the cause of the failure @ only 55K Km’sSad Sad

I dont trust those milages brothers the rewind.
Chaka
#35 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 5:08:51 PM

ZZE123 wrote:

Not familiar with Toyota but I suppose it should have hydraulic piping together with the pump.has a blockage been ruled out along the piping?you can buy a used pump or even import.the 100K sounds crazy..
ZZE123
#36 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 5:18:48 PM

gmg wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

I dont trust those milages brothers the rewind.

It’s a 2010 model and I imported it myself – unless the Japanese also rewind
The man who marries a beautiful woman, and the farmer who grows corn by the roadside have the same problem
ZZE123
#37 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 5:21:27 PM

Chaka wrote:
ZZE123 wrote:

Not familiar with Toyota but I suppose it should have hydraulic piping together with the pump.has a blockage been ruled out along the piping?you can buy a used pump or even import.the 100K sounds crazy..

Thanks Chaka – I will seek a second opinion around blockages. Any recommendations of a good Mech?
chemirocha
#38 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 5:46:50 PM

ZZE123 wrote:

Two things:

1. An "new" ex-Japan car with less than 70,000 mileage has very likely been tampered with.

2. The average lifespan of a power steering pump is usually 10 years or 100,000 km.

If the pump itself has failed, I think it proves point number one.
kaimbaga2012
#39 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2016 6:13:03 PM

I am suffering the same problem with Nissan X-Trail. Recommendation
of a good Mechanic is welcome
Chaka
#40 Posted : Saturday, July 02, 2016 1:18:33 PM

ZZE123 wrote:

Thanks Chaka – I will seek a second opinion around blockages. Any recommendations of a good Mech?

Some car repairs can be done as DIY(and in the process you save some cash)if you have the right tools and are not afraid to get a bit dirty.
Youtube has many helpful videos
For e,g https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jnqgw2LbzBg
Don't mind the english.
or https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuPALAnHjRM
There are other better videos on this...read the comments..I have seen in some of the comments that replacing the pump gaskets can restore a failed pump but not sure about this.If you can get a baster(or probably a large syringe) no need to remove the pipes from the oil reservoir as in the first video..