wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Elections Late December 2012
Lolest!
#21 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:49:18 AM

McReggae wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
You've all missed the point. Hidden in the bill is the real bill - removal of the two third gender requirement. Remove this from the Bill and as far as I'm concerned you can have the next election in 2030 for all I care. As long as the gender rule is there I will not support the bill.

GG, I beg to differ.....the gender rule requires a referendum, this does not!!!

The gender rule does NOT require a referendum
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Gordon Gekko
#22 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:09:28 PM

nostoppingthis
#23 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:27:31 PM

I see this amendment sailing through, the MPs getting salaries until December...landslide victory in this vote
bwenyenye
#24 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:28:35 PM

[quote=Gordon Gekko]Nyachae amesema wasijaribu.

http://www.nation.co.ke/.../-/xusbq3z/-/index.html[/quote]

Let us hold up he document we passed in earnest last year. If we start changes, we will end up with what we were rejecting. The real issue here is that the MPs will pass it since they need the four months salo....

mimi iko na Nyachae on this one.
I Think Therefore I Am
nostoppingthis
#25 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:31:30 PM

bwenyenye wrote:

Let us hold up he document we passed in earnest last year. If we start changes, we will end up with what we were rejecting. The real issue here is that the MPs will pass it since they need the four months salo....

From the look of things, Nyachae might be replaced pretty soon...
Inuendo
#26 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:34:06 PM

I dont get it. If we are not ready to hold elections because the right structures are not in place whats with the mad rush as if the election will deliver mana from heaven.

If its because of the gender rule then we have a problem, from my understanding is that we will have a stalemate of sorts. The people drawing up the new constitution did not look at the practicality. For example, how does it in the same breath say that we as kenyans have a right to vote whomever we choose to and go on to say that some constituencies will be allocated women aspirants by default. what if i see no women in my list worth voting for yet i see a man who i think would make a better leader. Affirmative action is good only when its not forced down your throat. My 2 cents.....
Common sense is the most evenly distributed quantity in the world. Everyone thinks he has enough.
vinii
#27 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:41:46 PM

nostoppingthis wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:

..it may not be easy to replace him but the dude needs to be reasonable, its almost impossible to hold the elections in August - the relevant structures are simply not in place...we respect Nyachae but let him be realistic
If you are an eagle don't hang around with chickens; chickens don't fly....
bwenyenye
#28 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:52:56 PM

vinii wrote:
nostoppingthis wrote:
bwenyenye wrote:

..it may not be easy to replace him but the dude needs to be reasonable, its almost impossible to hold the elections in August - the relevant structures are simply not in place...we respect Nyachae but let him be realistic

Vinii, why don't we have the electoral structures ready up to now yet we knew that the constitution demanded elections in August of next year? The same guys have wasted time on setting these up and they should not be allowed to gain from it.

This Parliament needs to be dissolved!
I Think Therefore I Am
'user'
#29 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:26:15 PM

I support Nyachae. We are never ready for any thing hata erections zikienda 2030 bado we wont be ready
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Mainat
#30 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:42:21 PM

August makes sense for all sorts of reasons. Dec tends to be crowded.
Plus we all know why these Kenyans want Dec...
Sehemu ndio nyumba
McReggae
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:01:26 PM

Lolest! wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Gordon Gekko wrote:
You've all missed the point. Hidden in the bill is the real bill - removal of the two third gender requirement. Remove this from the Bill and as far as I'm concerned you can have the next election in 2030 for all I care. As long as the gender rule is there I will not support the bill.

GG, I beg to differ.....the gender rule requires a referendum, this does not!!!

The gender rule does NOT require a referendum

Care to explain then why we still have a stalemate of sourts reagrding the issue, the 2/3rds representation rule requires a referendum, help understand your point sir!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Sober
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:39:13 PM

Most people dont like changes and tthis explains why most kenyans still want august rather than december.a habit has been formed.
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'