wazua Wed, Oct 9, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
TUJU FOR PRESIDENT
Lolest!
#21 Posted : Sunday, September 04, 2011 10:18:53 PM

@Btimer and @mcreggae, have you guys considered that these newcomers could be the compromise candidate for the 2 groups? I will not rush to dismiss them. Before +02 we thought kanu would never lose and opposition would never unite. In 07 the myth that tinga couldnt get votes outside nyanza was dispelled.
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
Mtu Biz
#22 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 7:19:04 AM

ali wrote:
My best christian newpaper in kenya carries a prophecy at the backpage that raila will win in twenty twerof erections. Its discouraging bt it made me consider the fact that thou i do nt like the man, its good i leave space for God to guide us.

@ Ali,

Wachana na 'christian' newspapers and related publications.... utapotea!

Soma bibilia and do your best to obey.

Sola Scriptura

mukiha
#23 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 8:10:53 AM

B.Timer wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Wapi B. Timer awapaitie sound check, one utopia will be a reality only I am not sure if I will be alive then?

Dreaming is free.
Allow all to entertain their fancy ideas.

The realists know that there will be two main (serious) contenders, from ODM (or its mutant) and PNU/G7 (or its mutant).

The other so called candidates will be mere distractions - of little consequence.

Having said that, we may want to draw certain distinctions here;

Individuals here may be drumming support for their preferred candidates for their view that they are the best SUITED to lead Kenya.

That is different from asserting that these candidates stand the best chance to win the expected 2012 general elections.

You are very right @ B.Timer; this is NOT a discussion of whether Tuju will win or not, but rather one on his SUITABILITY to lead the country.

Many people are not able to distinguish these two issues, thus when you say "X is the best candidate", they hear you saying "X will win".

Many people will refuse to vote for a candidate because they think he/she will not win, even though they think he/she is the most suitable. Nobody wants to side with a loser!

And there lies one of the great deficiencies of the democratic political system.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
McReggae
#24 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 8:16:18 AM

B. Timer & Mukiha, spot on!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
mushroom of truth
#25 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 8:33:58 AM

At this rate, there are too many presidential hopefuls.... wanabees wanakua wengi. But for now,Tuju doesn't seem to have very high chances. His percentages are quite low.
Don't go through life, grow through it!!
mungaits
#26 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 8:54:56 AM

But did you guys see the freaking house this jamaa has?? He should be encouraged to tell us "how he made his first million" For a moment i thought he stays at the tribe hotel ama sankara! only thing sikuona was his rides and jets. anyone with mtvcrib contacts, they should feature his. Now imajin he aint even one of the loaded guys in Kenya, si then the richer ones live in a airbus 777 or kwa bunker! eishh. enyewe in kenay when you say kuna shida, jua iko kwako only!
McReggae
#27 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 9:18:19 AM

mungaits wrote:
But did you guys see the freaking house this jamaa has?? He should be encouraged to tell us "how he made his first million" For a moment i thought he stays at the tribe hotel ama sankara! only thing sikuona was his rides and jets. anyone with mtvcrib contacts, they should feature his. Now imajin he aint even one of the loaded guys in Kenya, si then the richer ones live in a airbus 777 or kwa bunker! eishh. enyewe in kenay when you say kuna shida, jua iko kwako only!

Halafu the dude has a clip on sheng trying to confince easlando vijanas that he is part of them ABK!!!
MaichBlack
#28 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 9:35:14 AM

McReggae wrote:
mungaits wrote:

Halafu the dude has a clip on sheng trying to confince easlando vijanas that he is part of them ABK!!!

Eish McDoba!!! You are such a hater. He did not say he is one of them. He said he went through the same things they are going through. He's slept hungry, he's hawked njugu karanga and stuff, he didn't have connected relatives/friends to hook him up BUT he still made it. What I heard him say is that he UNDERSTANDS the position they are in because he WAS once there.

His ability to pull himself from poverty to success without connections is what makes him suitable for presidency!!! He turned HIS life around against all odds. He brought development to Rarieda unlike a "normal" MPig starting with water projects because he knew how it feels to fetch water from some distance and still go to school having done it himself etc. And I have never heard him associated even remotely with a single corrupt deal. That is what I'd like to see replicated at a National level.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
McReggae
#29 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 9:54:18 AM

Maichblack, the Rarieda development is overated, the guy just had splendind relationship with the medai, he was actually part of them such that any little thing he did was reported nationally!!!!
simonkabz
#30 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 10:03:48 AM

B.Timer wrote:
McReggae wrote:
Wapi B. Timer awapaitie sound check, one utopia will be a reality only I am not sure if I will be alive then?

Dreaming is free.
Allow all to entertain their fancy ideas.

The realists know that there will be two main (serious) contenders, from ODM (or its mutant) and PNU/G7 (or its mutant).

The other so called candidates will be mere distractions - of little consequence.

Having said that, we may want to draw certain distinctions here;

Individuals here may be drumming support for their prefered candidates for their view that they are the best SUITED to lead Kenya.

That is different from asserting that these candidates stand the best chance to win the expected 2012 general elections.

Interesting. @ bigtimer, will u bd among the DREAMERS or REALISTS? Personally, I join them dreamers, its dreaming 4a good cause.
TULIA.........UFUNZWE!
mukiha
#31 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 10:03:53 AM

@McReggae; did it or did it not happen? Did he perform just as well as his predecessors and and his successor [who succeeded him BTW?]?

I do remember when he was minister for information, some one suggested that his company (Ace Communications) had secured some GoK contracts unfairly. Tuju responded by ordering Ace not to participate in any GoK tenders for as long as he remained a minister! Truth was that the contracts had been secured long before he was in government.

Incidentally, Ace Communications is where he made his money.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Lolest!
#32 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 10:10:24 AM

Mcdoba, hiyo chuki ni mob. Should he have remained in mashinani to win their support? Heck, even Waititu has a fab home! Tuju is a candidate I will consider voting for, winning or losing
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
innairobi
#33 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 10:31:21 AM

Reliable reports indicate that Raila Odinga’s fortune was delivered by the Angel Gabriel accompanied by thousands of cherubs gloriously proclaiming Hosanna!

Lolest! wrote:
Mcdoba, hiyo chuki ni mob. Should he have remained in mashinani to win their support? Heck, even Waititu has a fab home! Tuju is a candidate I will consider voting for, winning or losing

All my friends are heathens, take it slow. Wait for them to ask you who you know. Please don't make any sudden moves.
wanyuru
#34 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 12:07:49 PM

mungaits wrote:

That House, Wa!!!

@ Mcdoba, go easy on the dude. At least i know you also agree the dude did perform during his tenure as Rarienda MP....and possibly in many other assignments!!
YesuWangu
#35 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 12:26:02 PM

Language aside, I think Rav4 (thats what I heard) touches something somewhere. He did touch it with me. Its now up to me to decide, which I have not. Yet.

He tells us how he was before he built that castle. Played correctly, it might just get him additional support.

He needs to play up and twist it against those whose fathers bequeathed them with what they have today, name and fortune or whatever.

By that alone Tuju should play against RAO & UK. Tribalism aside, I know he will beat them.
Gordon Gekko
#36 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 1:58:36 PM

Wendz wrote:
My list now is

1. Tuju, PK,
2. Martha Karua, Ole Keyaipi(SP)
3. Musyimi,

The only reason Musyimi is below martha is because i still havent seen much he can do.... he was given a chance, but he is too timid to tame anything in that parliament... and in that parliament, trust me, you really need someone who can put his foot on the ground.... well, not on others heads as Martha might do!

Ole keyaipi - still trying to unravel the mystery... at first, was interested just because he was new blood... but now we have many new bloods in the plate to choose from..... I need to find out the best in him for a better rating..

Happen to know BOTH personally. How does His Excellency Gordon Gekko CBS, MBS, OGW, SS, OBS, CBS, MBS the High Commissioner to Great Britain sound?
Wendz
#37 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 2:46:10 PM

Gordon Gekko wrote:
Wendz wrote:
My list now is

1. Tuju, PK,
2. Martha Karua, Ole Keyaipi(SP)
3. Musyimi,

The only reason Musyimi is below martha is because i still havent seen much he can do.... he was given a chance, but he is too timid to tame anything in that parliament... and in that parliament, trust me, you really need someone who can put his foot on the ground.... well, not on others heads as Martha might do!

Ole keyaipi - still trying to unravel the mystery... at first, was interested just because he was new blood... but now we have many new bloods in the plate to choose from..... I need to find out the best in him for a better rating..

Happen to know BOTH personally. How does His Excellency Gordon Gekko CBS, MBS, OGW, SS, OBS, CBS, MBS the High Commissioner to Great Britain sound?

Did they mention those with long titles also need personal hair dressers and 'fashionista' experts during their high powered missions? how does one "PHD (personal hair dresser) FE, Wendz sounds? I could be old and old fashioned but i clearly wont advise you to dress up in a mohawk and a jeans that looks like its protesting to have its own life - and walk by itself! See?
majay
#38 Posted : Monday, September 05, 2011 4:42:49 PM

IM yet to hear of Tuju's strategies besides just saying he will create employment
all about Kenya in 2011
Mtu Biz
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 7:05:16 AM

mukiha wrote:
Mtu Biz wrote:
mukiha wrote:

@Mtu Biz;

Are you suggesting that we are worse off today than we were in 2002?

The only way you can hold that opinion is if you were not in the country during the final 15 years of Moi, or you were too young to understand what was happening, or you were a direct beneficiary of the rotten Moi government {kind of like Sally Kosgei who cried uncontrollably when Moi boarded the presidential chopper for the last time}

But please note. I am not in any way saying that all my expectations have been met. All I'm saying is that we are MUCH better off today, than pre-2002.

All i ask is...... did the new regime serve the interest of the common man or did it serve the interest of the new occupants of high office and their cronies?

While I don't understand what is meant by the term "common man", I can attest to fact that it has serve MY interests.

It took me 10hrs to drive down to Mombasa for my annual holiday in October 2001. It now takes me about 6hrs - including two stops for snacks and relaxation.

Before 2002, there were no beddings in the wards at KNH. Today, patients sleep on clean bedsheets that are changed regularly {I have visited three relas at that hospital in the last 12 months and was amazed)

Before 2002, it used to take "for ever" to get a passport. Today, the process is simplified and you get the document within 14 days.

I could go on and on.

But like I said, not all my expectations have, been met; for example, before 2002, we used to get shortages of sugar, today, we have one.

On balance we are much better off. And if we want to improve things even more, we must vote for people who have a good track record.

Not the Rutos, Railas and Uhurus of this world!

@ Mukiha

This is the common man.

Sola Scriptura

mukiha
#40 Posted : Wednesday, September 07, 2011 11:05:03 AM

@Mtu biz; do you mean the guy holding the poster or the one described in the poster?