wazua Tue, Oct 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
PM issues order on sanitary towels
Mpenzi
#21 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:26:22 PM

YesuWangu wrote:
Quote:
The Kenya Education Sector Support Programme KESSP 2005-2010 describes how education
provision across all sectors and nationwide will be planned, financed, managed, implemented and evaluated over the next five years.

One of the objectives listed in Gender Policy in Education (GEP) in July 2007 that feeds into the KESSP is “to make the school learning environment gender responsive to sexual maturation,” supports three policy statements:

1. Develop and implement policies on institutional support to sexual maturation, including infrastructure and capacity building of shareholders;

2. Co-ordinate partnerships and facilitate stakeholder participation in the management of sexual maturation; and,

3. Develop modalities for provision of sanitation materials as part of learning materials.

National Comittee on Pads

This issuance of sanitary pads is way behind schedule. The July 1st 'order' is in fact, quite lenient to the bureaucrats and technocrats. Certain things were supposed to have been done before the financial year 2010 ends. You are the only one who still does not know that they are late, very late and are showing it off as if it were a medal.

Mpenzi, it is not wise to make someone go for the overkill on you, like you have just made me. It is daft.

I didnt ask you for some NGO bulletin. Is it too much to ask for a GoK plan stating that pads are to be provided to girls from July 1st 2011?

Kindly re-read posts #16 and #19 above.

And for the record - I am all for any policy and/or action that would enhance the education of the girl-child. The only issue here is that we must properly plan for the implementation of such policies and actions.
famooz
#22 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:32:13 PM

YesuWangu wrote:
Quote:
The Kenya Education Sector Support Programme KESSP 2005-2010 describes how education
provision across all sectors and nationwide will be planned, financed, managed, implemented and evaluated over the next five years.

One of the objectives listed in Gender Policy in Education (GEP) in July 2007 that feeds into the KESSP is “to make the school learning environment gender responsive to sexual maturation,” supports three policy statements:

1. Develop and implement policies on institutional support to sexual maturation, including infrastructure and capacity building of shareholders;

2. Co-ordinate partnerships and facilitate stakeholder participation in the management of sexual maturation; and,

3. Develop modalities for provision of sanitation materials as part of learning materials.

This issuance of sanitary pads is way behind schedule. The July 1st 'order' is in fact, quite lenient to the bureaucrats and technocrats. Certain things were supposed to have been done before the financial year 2010 ends. You are the only one who still does not know that they are late, very late and are showing it off as if it were a medal.

Mpenzi, it is not wise to make someone go for the overkill on you, like you have just made me. It is daft.

Aii @ Yesuwangu,surely even if it is making a point,do you need to insult?

@ mpenzi,wachana na hii maneno,lets dance to Kidum Laughing out loudly
Mpenzi
#23 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2011 5:34:50 PM

famooz wrote:
YesuWangu wrote:
Quote:

Aii @ Yesuwangu,surely even if it is making a point,do you need to insult?

@ mpenzi,wachana na hii maneno,lets dance to Kidum Laughing out loudly

famooz, Thanks for putting a big smile on my face smile smile Indeed am already dancing to Kidum in my heart smile smile
mukiha
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 9:51:30 AM

NO! NO! NO!

It's not TOO expensive!

and YES YES YES it is necessary

In 2006, I did some work on this and it turned out that about one million schoolgirls miss an average of 9 days of school each term because of their periods.

the estimated cost of providing top-of-the range pads ("ultra-thin with wings and side protection") to all school girls that have reached puberty (about 1.7 million girls at the time) came to about sh1.4b per year.

The 2006 budget for education ministry was sh80billion, so towels needed just a 2% increment - something that could have been done without asking for more money from treasury!

My only worry about such a programme is the logistics; but that should not be used as an excuse to defeat it.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
'user'
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2011 10:01:16 AM

Mukiha i agree with you 100%
2012 is here.Kenya is Ours.Be Part of The Peace Keeping Mission To Protect Our Motherland.Say No To Violence and Tribal Hatred .If you can read this,wewe ni mtu amesoma, usifikirie kama mtu hajaenda shule .Ni Hayo Tu
Querry
#26 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 9:16:43 AM

ecstacy wrote:
On cost implications, I think the menstrual cup could do well for the numbers affected. Hope mr flippy consulted.

This would take lots of training as most of the girls would hesitate inserting a thing down there.

is the initial cost high?
Euge
#27 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 3:27:29 PM

Querry wrote:
ecstacy wrote:
On cost implications, I think the menstrual cup could do well for the numbers affected. Hope mr flippy consulted.

This would take lots of training as most of the girls would hesitate inserting a thing down there.

And they myths that would come with it especially in the rural communities. Ati inapotelea hukon ndani etc..........
Lord, thank you!
mukiha
#28 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 4:21:38 PM

Querry wrote:
ecstacy wrote:

let's not complicate a simple matter; just buy Always ultra thin with wings. It will cost about sh2b per year, and that's peanuts in the MoE budget!
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
alma
#29 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 4:25:16 PM

mukiha wrote:
Querry wrote:
ecstacy wrote:

let's not complicate a simple matter; just buy Always ultra thin with wings. It will cost about sh2b per year, and that's peanuts in the MoE budget!

Applause Applause Applause Applause
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
rasilio
#30 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 4:32:37 PM

Kenyans are very interesting
McReggae
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 4:13:51 PM

Kes 300M set aside under ministry of education to provide sanitary pads!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
Euge
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 4:26:04 PM

Great!
Lord, thank you!
YesuWangu
#33 Posted : Wednesday, June 08, 2011 4:28:21 PM

McReggae wrote:
Kes 300M set aside for under ministry of education to provide sanitary pads!!!!

Now that was not hard, was it? Now moving on to other matters, can PLO ensure one single pad will not be bought for ksh. 500?