wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
FIN. Ministry cuts Tax on KEROSENE by 30% and Diesel by 20%.
Iborian
#21 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 10:00:12 AM

Of course not. Very little will change. If anything prices of other commodities will continue going up. To a large extent, I blame the media for they have played a big role in giving the impression that the Govt can do wonders with their intervention.

Short of freezing development projects in order to subsidize fuel prices, in the short term, there is not that much G.o.K can do. In the medium term, of course there is plenty such as fixing the infrastructure bottlenecks that play their part in increasing the costs.

I am sure the oil marketers must really be smiling. The Fuel Price control mechanism was a Godsend to them. At least now they are not the ones taking the flak for the price increases.

dossy7 wrote:
So if it's 2 bob how will that help the common mwananchi does it mean that the price of unga will reduce from 90 bob to 70 bob for a 2kg bag.
This is a political gimmick by our sorry politicians they are trying to cover the voters eyes so as to gain some political mileage

Jus Blazin
#22 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:51:46 AM

QW25071985 wrote:
Jus Blazin wrote:
QW25071985 wrote:
SAC Cohen wrote:
QW25071985 wrote:
Weka hapa link. Kwani unafikiria this is a flirtin club una payuka payuka yalio akilini ?
Hapa si soko mjinga weka link asiiìiiiii.

http://classic.cnbc.com/id/42644435
as usual ... premature ejaculation of words...

Jinga wewe . kwani u think i am an angle to know everything.kama hauna link peleka pere pepe marikiti. sawa ????? NKT

Wewe QW/qw, behave. Wacha matusi. You can always ask politely for the link. But @cohen's response is 10-nil. Lol.

But any relief is good news from the government. I hope it will be spread across the essentials.

Na wewe unaingililia wapi. unataka pia wewe kuangushiwa moja ..heehheheh !!!!! Laughing out loudly.

Lol. Independent observer. Koffi Annan, but zi, usiniangushie any.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
Jus Blazin
#23 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:54:21 AM

Iborian wrote:
Of course not. Very little will change. If anything prices of other commodities will continue going up. To a large extent, I blame the media for they have played a big role in giving the impression that the Govt can do wonders with their intervention.

Short of freezing development projects in order to subsidize fuel prices, in the short term, there is not that much G.o.K can do. In the medium term, of course there is plenty such as fixing the infrastructure bottlenecks that play their part in increasing the costs.

I am sure the oil marketers must really be smiling. The Fuel Price control mechanism was a Godsend to them. At least now they are not the ones taking the flak for the price increases.

dossy7 wrote:
So if it's 2 bob how will that help the common mwananchi does it mean that the price of unga will reduce from 90 bob to 70 bob for a 2kg bag.
This is a political gimmick by our sorry politicians they are trying to cover the voters eyes so as to gain some political mileage

@Iborian, I concur, there's little much the government can do. Many have been calling for the drastic reduction on the taxes levied on fuel, but that will only hamper development projects elsewhere. And like you said, the blame has shifted to the G.o.K.
Luck is when Preparation meets Opportunity. ~ Lucius Annaeus Seneca
KulaRaha
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 11:59:24 AM

Jus Blazin wrote:
Iborian wrote:

dossy7 wrote:

@Iborian, I concur, there's little much the government can do. Many have been calling for the drastic reduction on the taxes levied on fuel, but that will only hamper development projects elsewhere. And like you said, the blame has shifted to the G.o.K.

This is a fallacy. The bulk of GOK spending is NOT development projects, but rather recurrent expenditure like holidays, samosas, and bullshit kadhalika.

Easy to stop those fat cats from spending on that stuff. Very very easy!!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
dossy7
#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:31:19 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

This is a fallacy. The bulk of GOK spending is NOT development projects, but rather recurrent expenditure like holidays, samosas, and bullshit kadhalika.

I couldnt agree more with ur sentiments for a govt that can spend millions on shuttle diplomacy and still cry that other development projects will be stalled sends a big question mark
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
Iborian
#26 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2011 12:44:11 PM

KulaRaha wrote:

Easier said than done. Theoretically, of course that would be the best way. But look at what happens whenever the Govt is ahort of cash or needs funds for drought alleviation etc. It's the development projects that get slashed. There is less pain that way for the ones who make the decisions.

I would most certainly welcome a reduction in the wasteful recurrent expenditure - reduction of a bloated inefficient civil service and the innumerable ministers falling over each other to "eat", not to mention curbing corruption. But I would not say it's that easy, else it would have been achieved by now. I am just being pragmatic here.