wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages<123>
New fuel prices....Sisi kwisha kabisa
MaichBlack
#21 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 10:40:37 AM

Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
McReggae
#22 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 10:45:29 AM

This thing aint just in kenya, it's biting hard in most places in the world!!!
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
MaichBlack
#23 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 10:47:05 AM

Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
MaichBlack
#24 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 10:49:46 AM

MaichBlack
#25 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 10:53:54 AM

And here is @guka after driving his bijuti into a fuel station

MaichBlack
#26 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 11:23:08 AM

MaichBlack
#27 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 11:29:03 AM

@Njung'e's remodelled bijuti.

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#28 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 11:54:29 AM

Honestly, the math dont add up. If my lil memory serves me right, when oil climbed to post $140 in the 2nd week of july 2008, our prices at the pump were at most 107 per litre here in Kenya.
Now we are at $120 per barrel and on our way down and a litre here is now 111bob.
What's not right!

PS: Noticed guys today in the morning were driving slowly, trying to economise on fuel. You should have seen me today morning, doing gear 5 at 20KM/H, having gotten rid of every luggage in the car,not braking AT ALL and driving near the car ahead to reduce fuel consumption kabisa! Tough times kweli!
Maybe i should join Besigye on a roadmap towards walking to kazi!
@SufficientlyP
For Sport
#29 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 12:11:11 PM

famooz
#30 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:03:33 PM

McReggae wrote:

yeah,the pics are telling. maybe we need to think of other modes of transportation eg cycling and just take up matatus....if it is cheaper. of course everyone wants to travel in the comfort of their car but these costs are almost unmanagable for many......
Wendz
#31 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:36:43 PM

famooz wrote:
McReggae wrote:

yeah,the pics are telling. maybe we need to think of other modes of transportation eg cycling and just take up matatus....if it is cheaper. of course everyone wants to travel in the comfort of their car but these costs are alomost unmanagable for many......

Had actually entertained the thought of motorcycling to work last night... What would be the implications assuming that i dress appropriately?
MaichBlack
#32 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:37:17 PM

famooz wrote:
McReggae wrote:

yeah,the pics are telling. maybe we need to think of other modes of transportation eg cycling and just take up matatus....if it is cheaper. of course everyone wants to travel in the comfort of their car but these costs are alomost unmanagable for many......

@famooz - Prices are rising everywhere but don't imagine things are as bad elsewhere as in Kenya.

For example in the US currently fuel costs approximately $3.5 per gallon - prices vary depending on city. For example, in Los Angels the price is slightly higher than this while in Denver, Boston etc. it is lower. One gallon (US) is approximately 3.79 litres and the dollar today is trading at Kshs. 84/= today.

Therefore in the US today, one is paying Kshs. 3.5 * 84 for 3.79 litres. i.e. Kshs. 294/= for 3.79 litres OR Kshs. 77.57/= per litre.

Habari ndiyo hiyo.

In the US today one is paying Kshs. 77.57/= per litre while in Kenya one is paying 111/= per litre. A difference of Kshs. 33.43/= per litre

If you factor in the levels of income in the different countries etc. you will see how bad the Kenyans have it!!!
famooz
#33 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:48:44 PM

Wendz wrote:
famooz wrote:
[quote=McReggae]This thing aint just in kenya, it's biting hard in most places in the world!!!

Had actually entertained the thought of motorcycling to work last night... What would be the implications assuming that i dress appropriately?

@ wendz,i think no implication apart from people hooting at you from their lexus and chrislers?smile and other people giving you that look of 'poor kenyan'.....and you getting sweaty but getting seriously toned at the right places. speaking of which,how did the weight loss regime go?

@ maich,in that case,people need to look for practical solutions.......one of the things i find odd is the way everyone just prefers to take a car to work daily and i know that our trasport system in the best,but if you factor in fuel cost to work daily,it is quite high.......
McReggae
#34 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:49:09 PM

Maichblack,
how about our east african counterparts UG and TZ??
..."Wewe ni mtu mdogo sana....na mwenye amekuandika pia ni mtu mdogo sana!".
MaichBlack
#35 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:53:19 PM

famooz wrote:
Wendz wrote:
famooz wrote:
[quote=McReggae]This thing aint just in kenya, it's biting hard in most places in the world!!!

@ wendz,i think no implication apart from people hooting at you from their lexus and chrislers?smile and other people giving you that look of 'poor kenyan'.....and you getting sweaty but getting seriously toned at the right places. speaking of which,how did the weight lose regim go?

@famooz - Hii chrislers ni ya China?

@Wendz - I recommend a scooter!
famooz
#36 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 1:59:02 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
famooz wrote:
Wendz wrote:
famooz wrote:

@ wendz,i think no implication apart from people hooting at you from their lexus and chrislers?smile and other people giving you that look of 'poor kenyan'.....and you getting sweaty but getting seriously toned at the right places. speaking of which,how did the weight lose regim go?

@famooz - Hii chrislers ni ya China?

@Wendz - I recommend a scooter!

hhehee chrysler !!!! ama i still got it wrong?
MaichBlack
#37 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 2:05:01 PM

McReggae wrote:
Maichblack,
how about our east african counterparts UG and TZ??

Hiyo hapana iko na data. Maybe someone else can help. I know the tax in Uganda on fuel is not as high as in Kenya but I don't have their current pump prices.
Elder
#38 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 2:19:02 PM

Wendz wrote:
famooz wrote:
McReggae wrote:

Some time back had bought a motorcycle to ride mainly for sport but found it was great in moving from point A to B without jam and parking issues and of course cost effectively. So started using it more and more. Had to dump and sell it coz of fear of death. Was drummed into me by my better half, a tour of traffic police yard and stats and of more importance a half a dozen near death experiences.

So the biggest implication is just how much you value your life.
He who can express in words the ardour of his love, has but little love to express. - Petrach, Son. (That men by various ways arrive at the same end. - Montaigne, The Essays of.)
Wendz
#39 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 2:22:41 PM

famooz wrote:
Wendz wrote:
famooz wrote:

hehehehehe.. you are right... Do you really get sweaty on a motorcycle? there is no much body movement to cause the sweating ama hii ni motorcycle ya aina ya baiskeli?....

eeeh, the weight loss, what weight loss? Why do you want to depress me on a friday?.... well, lets just say, i tried, some cravings just wotn let go, got frustrated, decided life is short and let it be... Trying to enjoy the mass i have to carry around and its working pretty well so far... i will try again in August.....

@Elder, Now that's a real scare right there! I love my life sooo much i'd be willing to walk to work if that's what it would take to save it and "cut costs"..
kingfisher
#40 Posted : Friday, April 15, 2011 2:29:42 PM

Can bio-fuel help??? Someone here said some guys in nyahururu or thereabout are making this commodity? Then we can all buy environmental friendly diesel vehicles!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.