wazua Sun, Sep 29, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages<12
Airtel - dead man walking
anasazi
#21 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 9:32:17 AM

As much as their recent advert on customer care says they dont keep you on hold, I was kept on hold for so long on Saturday! I had issues with their Club 10. Which has so many issues nowadays, I decided to discontinue use. Airtel is feeling the pressure now.
Form is temporary, class is permanent
Djinn
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:10:55 AM

@Wendz - thanks dear.smile
selah
#23 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 10:41:09 AM

Currently am not experiencing network issues as b4 in safaricom I think most of my neighbors shifted to airtel easing the pressure on the network or safaricom has acted on this issue.

I know pple who have shifted to Airtel, but they still call me with their safaricom line....weired.

@Djinn safaricom automated their customer service so at times you may get lucky and talk to a real person but still that customer service is poor than all the networks combined.
'......to the acknowledgment of the mystery of God, and of the Father, and of Christ; 3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge.' Colossians 2:2-3
mukiha
#24 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 6:09:40 PM

aydenjason wrote:
Hey djinn Its never wise to fork out misplaced opinions on such a serious forum. U mek me think of going thru all your contributions since u began your wazua a/c n search for smthn tht meks sense. Surely, A serious telecom user cnt call the care centre 200 times....heavens! U must b one of these 'know it all' PRANK CALLERS who bombard innocent CSEs with irrelevant arguments.

Oh go right ahead - go through all the one thousand, two hundred and forty seven posts. It will take you close to three years to digest then. Perhaps by them you will have matured enough to be a worthy member of this forum.
Nothing is real unless it can be named; nothing has value unless it can be sold; money is worthless unless you spend it.
Lolest!
#25 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:26:24 PM

I have been with airtel since Dec last year. I just find them fishy with offers that dont really apply...
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
aydenjason
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 8:37:21 PM

@mukiha- av bn going thru most of them i thnk i wil b thru by tomorow.....B-)!
Namukhaywa: walk by me & ill take u thea.
mgeman
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 9:42:27 PM

This isn't new, has been the same since them kencel days. Kenyan consumers are an intelligent, and yes, a peculier lot and will figure a fishy deal.
Lolest! wrote:
I have been with airtel since Dec last year. I just find them fishy with offers that dont really apply...

I am an African

-Thambo Mbeki Speech
Layman
#28 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 8:49:33 AM

selah wrote:
Currently am not experiencing network issues as b4 in safaricom I think most of my neighbors shifted to airtel easing the pressure on the network or safaricom has acted on this issue.

I know pple who have shifted to Airtel, but they still call me with their safaricom line....weired.@Djinn safaricom automated their customer service so at times you may get lucky and talk to a real person but still that customer service is poor than all the networks combined.

@selah, the people you know who moved to airtel moved with their telephone numbers (all the prefixes and digits) without change so how do you tell they are still in safcom? Unaelewa hii number portability kweli?
#29 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2011 10:52:00 AM

I'm in marketing hence my concern is in this area. I think Djinn (or someone) has perfectly captured the Airtel brand equity concerns of many if not all marketers and so I won't repeat it.
My concern is for the loyal, unrewarding existing customers. In the Airtel ads the people porting get:
• 25% bonus on all top ups for 3 months
• 1,000 Airtime points

So what do the loyal, existing customers get:
• ZERO!

Now that's terrible marketing, reminds me of those homes where visitors are served meat in their meals and tea with milk while the family eats ugali ndengu and strungi.

BBI will solve it
:)
Djinn
#30 Posted : Thursday, May 05, 2011 1:30:22 PM

Just in from AFP

India's Bharti's profit dives 31 per cent on Africa drag.....

http://www.businessdaily.../-/lvd44xz/-/index.html

""There are structural defects in Africa which have led to a very high cost of doing business," Bharti deputy group chief executive Akhil Gupta said"

(thats just parphrasingwith so many words MJ's definition of "peculiar")