seppuku wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Rollins wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
seppuku wrote:
Nandwa wrote:
Papa Investor wrote:
Charges are negotiable...they will start by giving you the charges per the advocate act which has the fees as a % of the property being transacted but you can always negotiate to a reasonable amount...about 40-50k.

They have a website but you can also email irenenjenga@sichangi.com

Very true.
I know someone who 2months ago, paid them 30k for property bought for almost 3m.
Negotiate.

And why is one charging me KES 126,000 for property worth a little under 2m? Should I run for the hills?

2m on the outside is 50k but even that you have been conned. 25-30k max.

wapi @maka atupatie mawaidha?

By the way, these figures you talk about, they are exclusive of the stamp duty?

I would assume stamp duty is inclusive. Sichangi once charged me around 76k for a property valued at around 8.5m exclusive of stamp duty

And stamp duty is a government tax? Not something you could negotiate?

By the way the reason I ask is because quoting from this blog:

Quote:
Next is the payment of the Stamp Duty tax. The fees are 2% or 4% of the Value of the land depending on whether the land is within or outside the Local Municipality. The Value of the land used to calculate the stamp duty is given by the government valuer which may not necessarily be the same as the purchase value. Stamp duty is paid by depositing the amount in an account provided by the Land’s registry office. It is mandatory to pay the stamp duty using the above mode.

My candidate lawyer has used 4%. Now I want to understand why. The land is within NBI county.

The answer is right there. Your land is within the Municipality.

My mistake. I read the 2% or 4% as 2% to 4% and assumed there was a spectrum. Anyway, the information is here now. Hopefully it will help another member.
Learn first to treat your time as you would your money, then treat your money as you do your time.