murchr
#361 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 8:02:09 PM

kaka2za wrote:
murchr wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
murchr wrote:
A new one from Narok

These idiots are always about giving more money to one lot or the other.

Nauliza aje? Hiyo pesa itatoka wapi? Will it grow on trees?

The vacuity of some of our so called leaders is simply overwhelming.

Anyway, the responses are simply priceless.

Let them add it to that final document. We shall all reject it before 7am.

Politicians are very weird people I have to say. You get an opportunity to do the right thing and all you can think of is regional gov't. Wacha wailete tu. We shall be waiting for it. Mara hii tukiwa na Moses Kuria.

Ala?! Ume vuka sakafu?

Mimi hata sijui hio sakafu iko wapi!
What exactly are we opposing or supporting.

Its either you are supporting the document as it is being presented or you are not. Just like the ndizi vs chungwa question in 2005
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Amores
#362 Posted : Monday, February 03, 2020 9:07:02 PM

alma1 wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
murchr wrote:
A new one from Narok

Politicians are very weird people I have to say. You get an opportunity to do the right thing and all you can think of is regional gov't. Wacha wailete tu. We shall be waiting for it. Mara hii tukiwa na Moses Kuria.

@alma, we told you kuna BBI2, ukasema its in the head of Ruto and Itumbi
Ndio hii sasa, it is coming to hit tax payers HARD. You see Kalonzo pia has a proposal to remove the term limit of governors?
I didn't have any issue with BBI1, it was a harmless document, bordering on being useless after spending billions on it.
I am happy
alma1
#363 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 8:45:57 AM

Amores wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
murchr wrote:
A new one from Narok

Ndio hii sasa, it is coming to hit tax payers HARD. You see Kalonzo pia has a proposal to remove the term limit of governors?
I didn't have any issue with BBI1, it was a harmless document, bordering on being useless after spending billions on it.

My point of view is a bit different from yours. I believe that there are those who oppose for the sake of opposing stuff. Aka kieweleke.

I see nothing to be proud of doing that.

I also believe that when the populace has an opportunity to make changes, they have a responsibility to do so with clean hands. I can assure you that the next time someone tries to touch this katiba will not be in our lifetimes.

But have no doubt about it. If there is a hint of stupidity amongst these mpigs, I will be right here telling them so. Case in point, sijui regional gov'ts. Governors with no time limits etc

Hiyo, let us all tell them waelewe, won't happen.

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

freiks
#364 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 8:55:02 AM

alma1 wrote:
Amores wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
murchr wrote:
A new one from Narok

My point of view is a bit different from yours. I believe that there are those who oppose for the sake of opposing stuff. Aka kieweleke.

I also believe that when the populace has an opportunity to make changes, they have a responsibility to do so with clean hands. I can assure you that the next time someone tries to touch this katiba will not be in our lifetimes.

But have no doubt about it. If there is a hint of stupidity amongst these mpigs, I will be right here telling them so. Case in point, sijui regional gov'ts. Governors with no time limits etc

In short WSR is being vindicated, he has a vision like that of Giraffe. He saw it coming or else he has moles in that BBI secretariat
Life is an endless adventure
Amores
#365 Posted : Tuesday, February 04, 2020 10:37:25 AM

alma1 wrote:
Amores wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Wakanyugi wrote:
murchr wrote:
A new one from Narok

Unfortunately @alma, the people have little control. But i saw on twitter ( I didn't see the clip though) when Atwoli started talking about UK being too young to retire,Kitui people booed him and told to sit the hell down. So maybe there is hope and Mwananchi will recognize and use their agency to call out BS.
But these drums about regional governments started even before BBI was out. I posted the clip when during the governors conference,RAO talked about establishing regional government. Ruto came and challenged it saying that we cannot devolve upwards - I agree .

I am happy
freiks
#366 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 10:59:04 AM

https://www.nation.co.ke...432-137x58vz/index.html

Atleast from his utterances in US we now know what BBI is all about. NEW DEMOCRACY. A democracy where people do not want to retire but be accomodated in political chambers so that their clansmen dont fight. And this makes me want to vote for hustler a thousand times
Life is an endless adventure
Amores
#367 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 3:16:31 PM

freiks wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenya-needs-new-democracy--Uhuru-tells-US-Audience-/1056-5445432-137x58vz/index.html

Atleast from his utterances in US we now know what BBI is all about. NEW DEMOCRACY. A democracy where people do not want to retire but be accomodated in political chambers so that their clansmen dont fight. And this makes me want to vote for hustler a thousand times

This is unfortunate. If this was the objective, to bring anew form of democrazy,then it should have discussed outside the confines of BBI1 and even now BB12. To take a handshake between two people ( who spoke about stuff that we still do not know the details except through reading what their mouth pieces are saying) and use it carelessly to open the door to start talking about big changes in structure of government / constitution in order to promote " exclusivity" is in my view the highest form of impunity .

If you ask the common Kenya today what they want , they will tell you it is access to basic service, not a PM , a deputy PM or another regional government.

It is also laughable to hear the president say that his objective is to unite Kenyans, while he has allowed politicians and his handshake buddy to go around the country spewing divisive rhetoric and insults to those who are of a divergent opinion. What load of bollocks is this ?

I am happy
murchr
#368 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 4:21:30 PM

Amores wrote:
freiks wrote:
https://www.nation.co.ke/news/Kenya-needs-new-democracy--Uhuru-tells-US-Audience-/1056-5445432-137x58vz/index.html

This is unfortunate. If this was the objective, to bring anew form of democrazy,then it should have discussed outside the confines of BBI1 and even now BB12. To take a handshake between two people ( who spoke about stuff that we still do not know the details except through reading what their mouth pieces are saying) and use it carelessly to open the door to start talking about big changes in structure of government / constitution in order to promote " exclusivity" is in my view the highest form of impunity .

If you ask the common Kenya today what they want , they will tell you it is access to basic service, not a PM , a deputy PM or another regional government.

It is also laughable to hear the president say that his objective is to unite Kenyans, while he has allowed politicians and his handshake buddy to go around the country spewing divisive rhetoric and insults to those who are of a divergent opinion. What load of bollocks is this ?

Am waiting for Judge Mativo's ruling in March. Kenyans should not be subjected to such a drastic change because of a conversation that ensued between an elected president and a "brother".

Isn't it absurd that the only solution they could come up with is if someone loses an election, he needs to be handed a soft landing and not just do the honorable thing of just staying away till the next election?
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
#369 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:09:34 PM

Today, support for BBI has rewarded Sonko with access to his frozen bank accounts.

BBI will solve it
:)
tycho
#370 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:12:12 PM

Still, realpolitik will ensure that a handshake deal happens the BBI way. We need to remember how politics is run here. How many more people do we want to see killed while we cling to ideals that don't matter here? People have died, the economy is underperforming and is likely to keep such a trend. What real solutions can we come up with and ensure success?

Aukot tried: or I presume he did. What happened? Ask yourselves how we can seize opportunities rather than how ideal situations will be created for us. After all, isn't the President correct when he says that we need a new form of democracy?

We surely need a new form of democracy and let's stop sleeping and craft this BBI together with politicians! Let them take their piece, and Wanjiku aponyoke na yake!

Politics my friends is a dirty game because you have to improvise and there's no textbook. All you have is your ethic and technique.

The big question is: what is your interest? If you just want Kenya to be peaceful and you keep doing your business, good! Find out how these BBI's have to offer na tusonge mbele.

Ama sasa tuanze kuvutana na baba, na Njamba, na Khalwale... Some of us don't have such capital.
Amores
#371 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:30:12 PM

@ Tycho, from where i stand,I think it is deceitful for UK and Raila to talk about BBI the way they are. If the main point is to unite the country, then they need a reset button. I give them the benefit of doubt and believe that they are in for the good of the country and not for theor econmic ad political interests ( tongue in cheek ) , then what they are doing is not fulfilling that. The start of the whole process was wrong and this i why we where we are we are. When you say Wanjiku aponyoke na yake, you know you are also talking of the ideal situation although we know that Wanjiku will be made to think what the politicians want them to think, after all, nobody can stop reggae. We know we are a young democracy, people are getting educated about their right and the agency that they possess. We are not there yet. So we get angry on twitter for a few hours and then get back to our daily tasks.
What is my point ? My point is, only Uhuru can stop this monster that he has created in the name of BBI and chart a new path. If we are talking about constitutional change,we need to do it sober environment, wananchi need to get educated and make their voice heard. Not the crazy madness that is gong on in the BBI rallies in the reading out resolutions

@ Muchr, i would not count the courts to rule BBI process as unconstitutional, you know vile hii manaeno inaenda. It will take a real miracle for UK and Raila not go get what they want. Question is, when they finally succeed, will that be good for Kenya, given the current climate? Will we be more united ? As it is, we have devolved government,and although some strides have been made,can we say devolving upwards will improve the lot of us wanjikus? Ama @Tycho, ni nini tunaponyoka nayo?

Wacha i tafuta my voters card :) smile
I am happy
AlphDoti
#372 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 6:55:35 PM

2012 wrote:
Today, support for BBI has rewarded Sonko with access to his frozen bank accounts.

He has painted his Sonko rescue team lorries with BBI!!!
Amores
#373 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 7:47:14 PM

AlphDoti wrote:
2012 wrote:

Sasa yeye ni safi kama pamba. Has joined the likes of Waiguru.
Motion ikija kwa senate, hakuna impeachment. Lets the revolving door keep going.
I am happy
Lolest!
#374 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 7:55:48 PM

Amores wrote:
AlphDoti wrote:
2012 wrote:

Sasa yeye ni safi kama pamba. Has joined the likes of Waiguru.
Motion ikija kwa senate, hakuna impeachment. Lets the revolving door keep going.

He had his sins washed at Capitol Hill Laundry
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
tycho
#375 Posted : Thursday, February 06, 2020 11:24:42 PM

I believe BBI offers Wanjiku a number of things that are of such significance that we may need to consider it seriously:

1. The history of Kenya has been opened up at least theoretically. Wanjiku can now validly and freely contest for her identity

2. Utamaduni. Most of us may not see it now, but utamaduni is the only way out for Wanjiku in terms of economic and spiritual resources

3. Again, utamaduni offers technology perspectives that may change how parties and grassroots structures work. An example is how a party will convince a voter using data

These are just some of the things that Uhuru and Baba are willing to concede for their interests. And I like the deal! What's needed for Wanjiku is just to take these things seriously, and voila, light at the end of the tunnel.
tycho
#376 Posted : Friday, February 07, 2020 9:51:48 AM

Our biggest mistake and weakness is dogged Westernization. Let me illustrate:

An individual needs to be socialized adequately enough to enable an optimal and communal life. This socialization needs to go with age, as a human develops psychic physiologically. Each age has its training, and the idea is that by the time one reaches the highest initiation rites one is able to see the big picture in life, one is facilitated to live well and can help others to live well. This was the case in the traditional set up, and every stage was open to all eligible members.

Compare and contrast with how we socialize ourselves and our children using Western standards. Nowadays one can die in dotage without figuring out what this life is about. What it means to be a man or woman, or even to think truly about gender. We look at employability and skill in labor as the measure for education and growth. Community is suppressed... Do you wonder why non communicable diseases are on the rise?

We are living in slavery, and by neglecting our traditional systems of thought and knowledge we are deliberately keeping ourselves in chains.

There are many occasions when we say that the peasant, or proletarian, or the 'unconsidered' like in post independent Kenya: has said that the elites cannot allow for the rise and empowerment of the masses. But what if the elites score an own goal as is the case?
sqft
#377 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 7:02:15 AM

Moses Kuria Attacks Uhuru Again After BBI Speech in Washington

Quote:

Gatundu South MP, Moses Kuria, took to social media, to once again mock the BBI process, shortly after Uhuru delivered his keynote speech, on the motive behind the undertaking, during the Atlantic Council forum on Wednesday.

Referring to Uhuru’s statement, that the BBI was Kenya’s solution for the incessant culture of electoral disputes during polls, Kuria sarcastically corrected the head of state, asserting that the only solution for this menace would be for poll losers to concede defeat, subtly referring to Odinga.

Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.
murchr
#378 Posted : Monday, February 10, 2020 7:42:14 AM

sqft wrote:
Moses Kuria Attacks Uhuru Again After BBI Speech in Washington

Quote:

Gatundu South MP, Moses Kuria, took to social media, to once again mock the BBI process, shortly after Uhuru delivered his keynote speech, on the motive behind the undertaking, during the Atlantic Council forum on Wednesday.

Referring to Uhuru’s statement, that the BBI was Kenya’s solution for the incessant culture of electoral disputes during polls, Kuria sarcastically corrected the head of state, asserting that the only solution for this menace would be for poll losers to concede defeat, subtly referring to Odinga.

He was right.
Euge
#379 Posted : Tuesday, February 11, 2020 8:36:53 PM

There was going to be a revolution. Baba was going to get us on the streets and it was going to be messy. The purpose of the handshake was to stop the revolution. Godec was the brain behind it. Without the handshake it was going to get messy. Would have been worse than it is for Kamwana's legacy. That's why Kamwana is so passionate about it. It saved him alot of headache and heartache. Ni hayo tu
Lord, thank you!
sqft
#380 Posted : Monday, February 24, 2020 2:18:02 PM

Ruto vows to stop reggae.

https://www.the-star.co....bbi-we-will-stop-reggae/
Proverbs 13:11 Dishonest money dwindles away, but whoever gathers money little by little makes it grow.