wazua Mon, Jul 8, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<1516171819>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
kiash
#321 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 8:02:37 PM

Iko swali , what is being implied here is that The Opus Dei man has been using lenses to look at the books.Where am seated, i cannot imagine that Patrick Njoroge spent a whole week/month /day checking the accounts to discover what Njuguna had not been able to discover during his several years at the helm.
So maybe its some guys in the accounts dept or sijui what you call them in CBK. So these are the same guys who used to be under Njuguna, so they all along knew what was going on. If not, they used to just eat mandazi and tea and take the files to Njuguna to sign and since he was also busy eating mandazi and tea,he could just sign the "good books"
And so here comes a guy who does not like the mandazi and he does his work and pap, thieves are caught.
Ama he changed the guys who check the accounts d'oh! d'oh!
SWAT analysis not SWOT smile
Othelo
#322 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 8:43:56 PM

murchr wrote:
gk wrote:
watesh wrote:

Thats one sacco into problems

Is it ignorance or poor grasp of what receivership entails? The money may not be accessible for now but its not lost.

You can say that at the comfort of the keyboard. if it is your Kes 0.85b, it is lost until recovered!!!

Lost also interms of opportunities and time value!!!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
mlennyma
#323 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 9:07:14 PM

Othelo wrote:
murchr wrote:
gk wrote:
watesh wrote:

Is it ignorance or poor grasp of what receivership entails? The money may not be accessible for now but its not lost.

You can say that at the comfort of the keyboard. if it is your Kes 0.85b, it is lost until recovered!!!

Lost also interms of opportunities and time value!!!

the little you have the easier you recover all,the more you have, the more the conditions/difficulty to recover all
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
MaichBlack
#324 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 9:48:49 PM

popat wrote:
One of the bank directors alienda hapo Eastern Bypass akafungua joint inaitwa Oakpoint Ruiru.The best in the O.J neighbourhoods.He is minting serious chums as Kenyans warrow in miasma of lost fortunes.I don't know who can be trusted in this country....

Are you talking about the one hapo Garden Estate/Ridgeways. If it is the one, that place is major! The gate might mislead you but once you get inside you realize how vast the place is. At the prices land is going for in Ridgeways/Garden Estate, the land alone must be worth between 350m and 500m.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
nakujua
#325 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 10:10:59 PM

alma1 wrote:
enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:
i think there's a way to redeem this bank.

As Murchr has suggested the shareholders are not the usual ones we know about. If they first prosecute these fellows in a hurry and quick hurry and explain exactly what happened, they could survive. Especially if it involves grabbing the properties of the two crooks and their minions.

I feel very bad for SME's. The customer support from the guys working here was just as good as any American bank I knew of. And they seriously loved their work.

We need tips from your diaspora banks jameni.some banks treat us like we are here to steal their money Laughing out loudly

You try and walk into KCB or National and understand why business people are a frustrated lot.

The only people happy with these banks are the employees who get a salary then an ATM card. Small Business people never get a hearing from the so called "good" banks.

Shame really, that some fool could decide to go buy a kabroti in Karen instead of doing his work. Very shameful really. And the fellows have children. Totally shameful.

Now guys are being forced to go back to the neanderthals in Barclays and Standard Chartered.

agree, those guys and small business do not mix, one literary has to beg for any service - and the employees must think the small clients come to the bank to bother them.
watesh
#326 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 10:12:31 PM

gk wrote:
watesh wrote:

A large percentage of fixed deposits has already been lent out and those loans are currently not being paid due to all the confusion. With everyone wanting their money, if you have close to a billion you may have to wait for a number of months for shareholders to add more capital or people to pay up their loans. Reputation has already been damaged, nobody is putting their money there any time soon
murchr
#327 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 10:18:14 PM

watesh wrote:
gk wrote:
watesh wrote:

A large percentage of fixed deposits has already been lent out and those loans are currently not being paid due to all the confusion. With everyone wanting their money, if you have close to a billion you may have to wait for a number of months for shareholders to add more capital or people to pay up their loans. Reputation has already been damaged, nobody is putting their money there any time soon

The work of the receiver manager is to make sure money owed is recovered. Massive withdrawals will not happen but with time people will get their money. Another thing, the shareholders will keep this bank afloat, the bank run, caused by rumors made this bank close doors not the 16B loans given.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
alma1
#328 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 10:46:52 PM

I hate agreeing with murchr but on this one, there's no choice.

I remember posting here and asking if Chase Bank doesn't have reputation managers and blackhatters working for them.

Because it was obvious what was happening. I remember being abused here when I said akina nyakundi would bring that bank down.

Let no one cheat you.

There's no perfect bank. All banks depend on trust!!!

If rumors start going out, there's no bank with a perfect NPL that can survive.

Chase Bank had problems. Big problems. The CBK knew about it since last year. The gov't knew about it since last year. Wazua claims to be sharp and started talking about it last week. I have proof that I starte d talking about it in November.

But the know it all economists were very quick to just tell people.....Go remove your money!

These people should also be in jail. Like yesterday!

In economics there's nothing like helping your friend avoid being scammed AFTER you participated in a bank run.

I had said it and now you can see the truth coming out. Chase Bank had 8 billion shillings in withdrawals in one day.

If the fire screamers in facebook had kept quiet for 3 days, it would still be working.

And the same directors would have still been fired and still wanted by the CID head. And no business would have had a problem paying their loans.

Sometimes I wonder about the education levels in this country. I really do.

I stick to the green zone but really disappointed by the blue zone. As if their companies are perfect, don't have loans and are doing wonderous things with people's money.

Guys like Alai just want to stroke their ego. Ohhh I bank with KCB, the same bank that stole his phone. Upus kabisa.

Let the thieves go to jail, let a good thing continue. You are behaving like the fellows who say that since matatus have accidents, you shall never enter one.

Chocho media killed it and this shall be a case study in someone's phd thesis.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

enyands
#329 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 11:09:49 PM

alma1 wrote:

I remember posting here and asking if Chase Bank doesn't have reputation managers and blackhatters working for them.

Because it was obvious what was happening. I remember being abused here when I said akina nyakundi would bring that bank down.

Let no one cheat you.

Chase Bank had problems. Big problems. The CBK knew about it since last year. The gov't knew about it since last year. Wazua claims to be sharp and started talking about it last week. I have proof that I starte d talking about it in November.

But the know it all economists were very quick to just tell people.....Go remove your money!

In economics there's nothing like helping your friend avoid being scammed AFTER you participated in a bank run.

I had said it and now you can see the truth coming out. Chase Bank had 8 billion shillings in withdrawals in one day.

If the fire screamers in facebook had kept quiet for 3 days, it would still be working.

And the same directors would have still been fired and still wanted by the CID head. And no business would have had a problem paying their loans.

I stick to the green zone but really disappointed by the blue zone. As if their companies are perfect, don't have loans and are doing wonderous things with people's money.

Guys like Alai just want to stroke their ego. Ohhh I bank with KCB, the same bank that stole his phone. Upus kabisa.

Let the thieves go to jail, let a good thing continue. You are behaving like the fellows who say that since matatus have accidents, you shall never enter one.

Now I understand why m7 banned chocho media during elections . It can be a tool or a weapon . In this case it was both .it informed the public of impeding catastrophe (tool) , it was a weapon since it led to mass withdrawal of cash hence collapse

So you have a choice of using as a tool or weapon .
alma1
#330 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 11:37:05 PM

enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Let no one cheat you.

Now I understand why m7 banned chocho media during elections . It can be a tool or a weapon . In this case it was both .it informed the public of impeding catastrophe (tool) , it was a weapon since it led to mass withdrawal of cash hence collapse

unfortunately I don't support the regulation route. It's a stupid route and can only fail.

Just imagine

Your daughter is in love with some fool from your kalocal.

If you tell her to leave the fellow, she leaves your house at night.

That doesn't work most of the time, just like regulation.

But

If you hired a few malayas from karumaindo for 4 weeks, your daughter will come back...Unless of course the fellow is a saint, in which case, shauri yako.

Guys like Alai, Nyakundi, etc can only be handled with tough love. That's all I've got to say about that.

But it's my honest belief that the company would have survived.

But getting kids for chocho media marketing really has to stop.

Can you imagine, Ahmednassir retweeting Nyakundi? I mean what does that tell you?

Where's the phd thesis or Impunity and Mawinder to talk about kyuks?

I can only imagine the stress these fellows were having when chocho media told people "toeni pesa". As if they, the chocho media fellows, have never tried to correct a problem without their wife knowing about it.

Economics is not siasa....Runs on banks, I shall never support even when its obvious I shall never vote for this gov't or the next one. Never ever play around with money. It's not a political tool. It always comes back to bite you....

What the hell are we going to do with 2000 jobless educated, sharp and motivated employees as you shout ohhhhh shut it down?

enyands
#331 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 1:36:57 AM

alma1 wrote:
enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Let no one cheat you.

unfortunately I don't support the regulation route. It's a stupid route and can only fail.

Just imagine

But

If you hired a few malayas from karumaindo for 4 weeks, your daughter will come back...Unless of course the fellow is a saint, in which case, shauri yako.

Guys like Alai, Nyakundi, etc can only be handled with tough love. That's all I've got to say about that.

Can you imagine, Ahmednassir retweeting Nyakundi? I mean what does that tell you?

I can only imagine the stress these fellows were having when chocho media told people "toeni pesa". As if they, the chocho media fellows, have never tried to correct a problem without their wife knowing about it.

Economics is not siasa....Runs on banks, I shall never support even when its obvious I shall never vote for this gov't or the next one. Never ever play around with money. It's not a political tool. It always comes back to bite you....

What the hell are we going to do with 2000 jobless educated, sharp and motivated employees as you shout ohhhhh shut it down?

I mentioned before duale will coming smoking on opus. It is coming to pass now . On today's papers he blames Rotich and opus on banks failure.what makes me happy is UK likes opus and supports him. His job security is safe.hapa ni kazi tu. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with this specific mpig.
Mike Ock
#332 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 1:37:56 AM

alma1 wrote:

Let no one cheat you.

One major lesson I've learnt in life is that in a big screw up, EVERYONE involved usually shares blame. In this case, the bank, the directors, social media influencers and panicky depositors all share the blame. No use pointing fingers.
alma1
#333 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 2:40:03 AM

enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:
enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Let no one cheat you.

Just imagine

But

I mentioned before duale will coming smoking on opus. It is coming to pass now . On today's papers he blames Rotich and opus on banks failure.what makes me happy is UK likes opus and supports him. His job security is safe.hapa ni kazi tu. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with this specific mpig.

As much as I want to complain but Mick Ock is right. Everyone is to blame. Who told depositors that when they all wake up in the morning to withdraw, they shall be safe? Don't they know math? Ama its another selfish Kenya. Actually saw some twitter big wigs boasting about how they withdrew in the morning and they are safe.

Jinga sana. Safe from what? Chase or bad management? They don't know. Math doesn't know your damn tribe. Neither does it know time. No one has yet done 3d on time. You leave chase, you go to another and the math won't add up.

I'm sorry to say but Uhuru is not blameless in all this shit.

Someone has to lead.

Sometimes I wonder, if Ruto was president and not Uhuru, maybe we would get a statement of some kind.

I'm sorry but in situations where money is disappearing all over I need the president to appear....someday...one day...Not getting his facebook hacks.

This is a serious issue. Chase Bank was not Dubai...Chase held SME deposits, where was the gov't or where is it right now?

We have lost sharp businesses coz of some 2 fellows and their friends. I want to hear their properties have been found and they now live in Turkana in a hut and their kids have jiggers. No less.

I don't want to hear arrests. I want to hear Maghufuli speaking.

The CBK has spoken...Please let's see the gov't acting on thugs in suits.

Sorry but I won't swallow the cool aid untill I see someone in jail. And that is now in the hands of Uhuru. No more speaches,.

Having said that, Chase Bank must come back for sanity's sake

Mr. CBK, your legacy must also say that you don't kill small businesses because of some thugs.

I personally I'm invested but not hurt.

But Mr. CBK governor, you know that killing SME's can't happen

Jail the thieves, and go on with a good thing. Coz those employees at Chase Bank were the best. Imagine getting rid of the best bankers and going to NBK...Be serious!!!!

murchr
#334 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 4:42:39 AM

Othelo wrote:
murchr wrote:
Chase Bank Kenya's shareholders have deep pockets. The Bank will definately get out of this mess.

1 Rinascimento Global Limited 15.9
    2 Shegas Limited 13.9
    3 Balst Investment Holdings Limited 11.2
    4 Amethis Finance of France 10.9
    5 Festuca Investments Limited 9.3
    6 German Investment Corporation (DEG)[10] 6.6
    7 Carlo Van Wageningen 6.5
    8 ESOP 4.3
    9 Responsability investments / ResponsAbility Participations AG 3.4
    10 Namaja Investments Limited 3.0
    11 Other Local & International Investors 15.0

Where were they all these serious guys when things were going heywire?

They were in the dark like everyone else, the loans were taken in 2015 the only way they would have known about this was through an audit.

The directors of this bank were on the wrong, yes but, it was completely uncouth for the bloggers who know zilch about the health of the bank, to spread unfounded rumors. The CBK gov told everyone that apart from un recorded loans everything else was ok.

Chase was operating normally, the withdrawal of close to 8BN was catastrophic. People don know that once you give your bank money, it lends it to someone else for interest
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
Ethiteri
#335 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 5:20:09 AM

murchr wrote:
Othelo wrote:
murchr wrote:
Chase Bank Kenya's shareholders have deep pockets. The Bank will definately get out of this mess.

2 Shegas Limited 13.9
    8 ESOP 4.3

They were in the dark like everyone else, the loans were taken in 2015 the only way they would have known about this was through an audit.

The directors of this bank were on the wrong, yes but, it was completely uncouth for the bloggers who know zilch about the health of the bank, to spread unfounded rumors. The CBK gov told everyone that apart from un recorded loans everything else was ok.

Chase was operating normally, the withdrawal of close to 8BN was catastrophic. People don know that once you give your bank money, it lends it to someone else for interest

I beg to differ.

They did not steal in 2015,they have been stealing all along but would buy auditors heavy lunch so that they sleep in the afternoon and fail to raise querries of what they saw in the morning.

Delloitte cannot escape this.They lied for several years.
enyands
#336 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 5:42:20 AM

Ethiteri wrote:
murchr wrote:
Othelo wrote:
murchr wrote:

2 Shegas Limited 13.9
    8 ESOP 4.3

I beg to differ.

They did not steal in 2015,they have been stealing all along but would buy auditors heavy lunch so that they sleep in the afternoon and fail to raise querries of what they saw in the morning.

These delloitte bastards feature on every scandal. Werent they the same auditors wa mumias and kq ama ?? I wonder alot with this auditors auditing banks ? Cbk should their own team of auditors too .Opus is off the blame. He came in recently and he is doing cleanup .kalyenge is that previous govornor called ndungu. He is to be blamed in all this . Blame foundation not the roofing .you give a bad foundation then the roofing will fall off. Ndungu has been hiding all this under the carpets till his own personal wife was given special treatment na former imperial bank MD .what's that kama sio matope
murchr
#337 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 6:41:03 AM

Ethiteri wrote:
murchr wrote:
Othelo wrote:
murchr wrote:

2 Shegas Limited 13.9
    8 ESOP 4.3

I beg to differ.

The books show the money was disbursed in 2015, they were looking at 2015 financials.
Impunity
#338 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 7:55:26 AM

murchr wrote:
Othelo wrote:
murchr wrote:

2 Shegas Limited 13.9
    8 ESOP 4.3

Eti everything else was okay?Please.

With a singol director taking home 8 billion "grant" without telling anyone how he will repay it....wacheni ushenzi.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Boris Boyka
#339 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 9:34:19 AM

@Murchr Must be an interested party in Chase Bank. Pole brother.
Everybody STEALS, a THIEF is one who's CAUGHT stealing something of LITTLE VALUE. !!!
Angelica _ann
#340 Posted : Saturday, April 09, 2016 10:09:04 AM

Boris Boyka wrote:
@Murchr Must be an interested party in Chase Bank. Pole brother.

Defending the indefensible. Thieves were caught, next stage is they refund the money & jail them. rest is sideshows!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen