wazua Fri, Jul 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<1415161718>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
maka
#301 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 3:17:28 PM

Swenani wrote:
Othelo wrote:
There is nothing reckless on being told to be alert. It is reckless until you lose your lifetime savings. Let there be fear so that whenever there is cooking of figures, creative accounting or misuse of vested authority, the actors know the consequences. Spread the fear so that authorities can aslo act in the right/proper way and on time.

I watched that lady outside chase bank crying about her 50k FDR. That is small change to many, but lifeline to her.

Sad Sad Sad

How do people sleep at night peacefully with full knowledge that they have shattered someones business,dreams, family, relationships hardwork etc?

Heartless bastards...they care about nothing.
possunt quia posse videntur
mlennyma
#302 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 3:29:22 PM

maka wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Othelo wrote:
There is nothing reckless on being told to be alert. It is reckless until you lose your lifetime savings. Let there be fear so that whenever there is cooking of figures, creative accounting or misuse of vested authority, the actors know the consequences. Spread the fear so that authorities can aslo act in the right/proper way and on time.

I watched that lady outside chase bank crying about her 50k FDR. That is small change to many, but lifeline to her.

Sad Sad Sad

How do people sleep at night peacefully with full knowledge that they have shattered someones business,dreams, family, relationships hardwork etc?

its hard to revive a private bank,public confidence in banking is lost like virginity
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Impunity
#303 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 4:05:42 PM

kryptonite wrote:
alma1 wrote:
Things are moving as they should.

We can't blame all the employees of Chase bank for the madness of a few directors. That bank was good and anyone who was served there knows that.

So here we go. The first steps to reality

Wafunge hawa watu kama funzo kwa wengine wanaofikiria kuiba

I dont think kufunga alone is enough!

They should be arrested, thier nyees squeezed and then all their assets seized, sold and recover all the money lost from them.
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Winwin
#304 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 4:15:01 PM

I found this relevant here...
For those who do not understand what is going on with Chase bank, here is a simplified version by one Sam Gichuru. All your questions shall be answered..
So, banks are usually just guys, like the kids in your class let's call them kina Dan & Zaf. They convince the class that your piggy banks are safe with them than with us under our beds. So we line up and give them all the coins in our piggy banks, they promise to keep them safe for us, they charge us a fee, like sweets or coins for their hard work.
Now they have all our coins, those's are many coins. Sometimes we need some things we can't afford like a PS3 and at times we are just greedy and want a new bike, so we ask Dan & Zaf to give us more coins than we have, that is called a loan, they happily agree as long as we pay back with more coins, that is called interest, that is another way they make money. Dan & Zaf are also allowed to take more coins but they have to pay back like everybody else.
In this case, Dan, Zaf and their friends, about 8 guys, got very greedy and in a few months took very many coins, up to 10B, any coins with a B is a lot of money, the kind Batman has for all his toys. But Dan & Zaf were not paying back what they took, so in their clever mind's like swiper the fox in Dora The Explorer, they decided to trick everyone and do their sums wrong, example 5 - 4 = 6, the teacher who was marking their books was lazy and eating snacks with them in class. That's very wrong.
To convince people, they're doing well, they have prize giving day, they cheat again and Dan is declared the most improved student with some of his friends like Moha from the other class (NBK).
Now, Dan & Zaf's class has a new headmaster, teacher Patrick. Teacher Patrick is a good teacher, he is not lazy and does not eat snacks in class and when he marks books he does not miss wrong answers, he sees all the wrong answers and also learns that Dan & Zaf have been eating other kids snacks and bullying them, so nobody can tell on them. When the rest of the class learnt that, they all wanted their coins back, but Dan & Zaf already spent what they shouldn't have taken in the first place, that is called fraud.
Teacher Patrick has suspended Dan & Zaf to go home and bring their parents, who are called Mr & Mrs lawyer, in the meantime, he has also asked someone else to take all the remaining piggy banks & coins given to Dan & Zaf to see how the class can get back their coins, that is called receivership.
We don't know what will happen, but the rest of the school is happy with Teacher Patrick, other bullies who eat people's snacks are now scared and worried. - inspired by a Redditor.
Sharing is allowed
enyands
#305 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 4:16:54 PM

whiteowl wrote:
maka wrote:
timizo wrote:
maka wrote:
timizo wrote:
A law need to be passed in Parliament urgently to criminalise Bank directors borrowing above some ratio. It should also be criminal for them to borrow without security. The jail terms should be high and attract death penalty in case of a magnitude such as the one for chase bank. If we do not do this, then there will be no difference between putting your money in a bank and giving it to Kanyari or arap mashamba for safe keeping.

@Timizo its already there...

Okay.... Do you mean a simple easy one just for CBK regulatory? I mean one where the guys should already be in court plus all those members of staff who approved or were in a position to know of that the limit had been exceeded like the Finance Director and CEO.

That will never happen in Kenya...anyway not now.

The problem is impunity (not the Wazuan)

That will never happen in kenya. Tanzania YES YES YES .KENYA is no no no .has Gichuru's and okemwo gone to jail ?? No, has chicken gate gone to jail no,has Anglo gone to jail ? No ,what's special about this case for them to go to jail?

Affected people should go to parliament and cry at the gates everyday and release pigs in there then things will move just a few centimeters .the above cases have abundant evidences but I'm sorry not here
enyands
#306 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 4:19:10 PM

whiteowl wrote:
maka wrote:
timizo wrote:
maka wrote:
timizo wrote:
A law need to be passed in Parliament urgently to criminalise Bank directors borrowing above some ratio. It should also be criminal for them to borrow without security. The jail terms should be high and attract death penalty in case of a magnitude such as the one for chase bank. If we do not do this, then there will be no difference between putting your money in a bank and giving it to Kanyari or arap mashamba for safe keeping.

@Timizo its already there...

Okay.... Do you mean a simple easy one just for CBK regulatory? I mean one where the guys should already be in court plus all those members of staff who approved or were in a position to know of that the limit had been exceeded like the Finance Director and CEO.

That will never happen in Kenya...anyway not now.

The problem is impunity (not the Wazuan)

That will never happen in kenya. Tanzania YES YES YES .KENYA is no no no .has Gichuru's and okemwo gone to jail ?? No, has chicken gate gone to jail no,has Anglo gone to jail ? No ,what's special about this case for them to go to jail?nothing

Affected people should go to parliament and cry at the gates everyday and release pigs in there then things will move just a few centimeters .the above cases have abundant evidences but they are not jailed but. CJ lifted his hands up in surrender.I'm sorry not here
maka
#307 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 4:26:25 PM

Impunity wrote:
kryptonite wrote:
alma1 wrote:

We can't blame all the employees of Chase bank for the madness of a few directors. That bank was good and anyone who was served there knows that.

They should be arrested, thier nyees squeezed and then all their assets seized, sold and recover all the money lost from them.

Let's see how far this goes....
enyands
#308 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 4:38:27 PM

maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kryptonite wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Mmmm about nbk wait for duale to open his big mouth and they will be free.they won't be touched trust me. As I say usually ,shafting continues ......
maka
#309 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 4:56:58 PM

enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
Impunity wrote:
kryptonite wrote:
alma1 wrote:

Mmmm about nbk wait for duale to open his big mouth and they will be free.they won't be touched trust me. As I say usually ,shafting continues ......

What's the maximum sentence this guy's might get....7 years....at least 3 after stealing billions then they will walk....free...unless there is reparation it's bulls crap...Show me one bank director or Senior manger who has been jailed because of such a matter...
Bachuma Gate
#310 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 5:18:13 PM

I second maka. It used to happen in Brazil in the 80s. Victims decided to go after the bastards whether Mp; CEO; Director; Your business is Petro bombed; boycotted; your car smeared with sheet; cabbage throw in front of your house; name it.

One sad incident a CEOs child's figure was chopped off to remind the dad everday of what he did to other families children.
DOH
MaichBlack
#311 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 5:32:22 PM

maka wrote:
Swenani wrote:
Othelo wrote:

Sad Sad Sad

We need legal public executions after all their properties home and abroad have been auctioned to cover the losses! These fellows make me sick!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
murchr
#312 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 5:35:38 PM

Chase Bank Kenya's shareholders have deep pockets. The Bank will definately get out of this mess.

1 Rinascimento Global Limited 15.9
    2 Shegas Limited 13.9
    3 Balst Investment Holdings Limited 11.2
    4 Amethis Finance of France 10.9
    5 Festuca Investments Limited 9.3
    6 German Investment Corporation (DEG)[10] 6.6
    7 Carlo Van Wageningen 6.5
    8 ESOP 4.3
    9 Responsability investments / ResponsAbility Participations AG 3.4
    10 Namaja Investments Limited 3.0
    11 Other Local & International Investors 15.0

From their websites:

Quote:
After decades of successful investments in Africa both in debt and equity, Amethis’ founders, Luc Rigouzzo and Laurent Demey, previously CEO and Deputy CEO of Proparco, the French Development Financial Institution, partnered with Edmond de Rothschild Private Equity to create in 2012 an investment fund entirely dedicated to long-term responsible financing in Africa.

Quote:
DEG is a subsidiary of The KfW, formerly KfW Bankengruppe (banking group), a German government-owned development bank, based in Frankfurt.

Quote:
ResponsAbility Investments AG is one of the world’s leading asset managers in the field of development investments and offers professionally-managed investment solutions to both private and institutional investors.

One thing is for sure, big money will not let these criminals walk free
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
watesh
#313 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 5:46:02 PM

Thats one sacco into problems
Othelo
#314 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 6:16:00 PM

murchr wrote:
Chase Bank Kenya's shareholders have deep pockets. The Bank will definately get out of this mess.

1 Rinascimento Global Limited 15.9
    2 Shegas Limited 13.9
    3 Balst Investment Holdings Limited 11.2
    4 Amethis Finance of France 10.9
    5 Festuca Investments Limited 9.3
    6 German Investment Corporation (DEG)[10] 6.6
    7 Carlo Van Wageningen 6.5
    8 ESOP 4.3
    9 Responsability investments / ResponsAbility Participations AG 3.4
    10 Namaja Investments Limited 3.0
    11 Other Local & International Investors 15.0

Where were they all these serious guys when things were going heywire?
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Impunity
#315 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 7:28:44 PM

Bachuma Gate wrote:
I second maka. It used to happen in Brazil in the 80s. Victims decided to go after the bastards whether Mp; CEO; Director; Your business is Petro bombed; boycotted; your car smeared with sheet; cabbage throw in front of your house; name it.

One sad incident a CEOs child's figure was chopped off to remind the dad everday of what he did to other families children.

FINGA
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

gk
#316 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 7:46:42 PM

watesh wrote:

Is it ignorance or poor grasp of what receivership entails? The money may not be accessible for now but its not lost.
murchr
#317 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 7:50:10 PM

gk wrote:
watesh wrote:

Is it ignorance or poor grasp of what receivership entails? The money may not be accessible for now but its not lost.

"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
alma1
#318 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 7:50:49 PM

i think there's a way to redeem this bank.

As Murchr has suggested the shareholders are not the usual ones we know about. If they first prosecute these fellows in a hurry and quick hurry and explain exactly what happened, they could survive. Especially if it involves grabbing the properties of the two crooks and their minions.

I feel very bad for SME's. The customer support from the guys working here was just as good as any American bank I knew of. And they seriously loved their work.

Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

enyands
#319 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 7:57:46 PM

alma1 wrote:

As Murchr has suggested the shareholders are not the usual ones we know about. If they first prosecute these fellows in a hurry and quick hurry and explain exactly what happened, they could survive. Especially if it involves grabbing the properties of the two crooks and their minions.

I feel very bad for SME's. The customer support from the guys working here was just as good as any American bank I knew of. And they seriously loved their work.

We need tips from your diaspora banks jameni.some banks treat us like we are here to steal their money Laughing out loudly
alma1
#320 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 8:01:40 PM

enyands wrote:
alma1 wrote:

We need tips from your diaspora banks jameni.some banks treat us like we are here to steal their money Laughing out loudly

You try and walk into KCB or National and understand why business people are a frustrated lot.

The only people happy with these banks are the employees who get a salary then an ATM card. Small Business people never get a hearing from the so called "good" banks.

Shame really, that some fool could decide to go buy a kabroti in Karen instead of doing his work. Very shameful really. And the fellows have children. Totally shameful.

Now guys are being forced to go back to the neanderthals in Barclays and Standard Chartered.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?