wazua Mon, Jun 17, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

19 Pages«<1415161718>»
Harambee Stars
Fullykenyan
#301 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 5:31:11 PM

Alba wrote:
[quote=sitaki.kujulikana]some of those criticizing williamson are the same guys who leave their coats on their seats and disappear .
The guy was given a job to coach the national team, and with that just as in every other job he expects to get a pay at the end of the specified period.

Its always interesting to hear from people who know jack squat about sports Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Williamson does not deserve a salary of Ksh 2.5m per month. It seems the Kenya government is always eager to pay people 3 or 4 times what they would make elsewhere.

And as others have pointed out, paying a coach a high salary will not raise the standards or Kenya football. That money is better spent at grassroots and youth level.

Throwing all the money at senior level is like trying to teach a pupil fractions yet he does not know basic addition and subtraction.

To be a good in sports, we have to invest in proper youth development in drilling our youth and instilling the appropriate technical skills

Our priorities are backwards. No wonder we lag in football. [/quot

You are very right. nothing to add
sitaki.kujulikana
#302 Posted : Thursday, February 18, 2016 9:18:20 PM

Alba wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
some of those criticizing williamson are the same guys who leave their coats on their seats and disappear .
The guy was given a job to coach the national team, and with that just as in every other job he expects to get a pay at the end of the specified period.

Its always interesting to hear from people who know jack squat about sports Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

Williamson does not deserve a salary of Ksh 2.5m per month. It seems the Kenya government is always eager to pay people 3 or 4 times what they would make elsewhere. His previous salary was Ksh 500,000 per month. How he deserves a 500% increase is a mystery.

And as others have pointed out, paying a coach a high salary will not raise the standards or Kenya football. That money is better spent at grassroots and youth level.

Throwing all the money at senior level is like trying to teach a pupil fractions yet he does not know basic addition and subtraction.

To be a good in sports, we have to invest in proper youth development in drilling our youth and instilling the appropriate technical skills

Our priorities are backwards. No wonder we lag in football.

its fun reading from people who believe the world revolves around their (and their mzungu friends) ideals. smile

You could as well as argue ronney does not deserve his 300k pay,or @alba does not deserve his wazua account since he does not understand bears and bulls
Alba
#303 Posted : Friday, February 19, 2016 5:30:15 PM

sitaki.kujulikana wrote:

its fun reading from people who believe the world revolves around their (and their mzungu friends) ideals. smile

You could as well as argue ronney does not deserve his 300k pay,or @alba does not deserve his wazua account since he does not understand bears and bulls

Most people understand that there is criteria for deciding a salary. It does not involve just blindly coming up with numbers as you are suggesting.

It usually involves determining how much value a person brings and how much other companies or teams are offering him.

In Rooney's case, he could probably earn $300,000 elsewhere and his marketing value is high since many people buy his jerseys thus putting money into the club's coffers.

Now you tell us how Williamson deserves a 500% raise in salary also tell us why investing all this money at youth level instead of in youth development. That is unless your name has changed to sitaki-kufikiria
Alba
#304 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 7:04:01 PM

Bobby Williams has been sent packing. Common sense has prevailed. A broke federation and a broke government should not be investing Ksh 2.5 million per month in one individual when you can get the same results for 20% of that amount.

Now put more money in the grassroots and unearth more Injeras, Oliechs , Olungas, Wanyamas and Kahatas. they are there
Fullykenyan
#305 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 7:07:32 PM

Alba wrote:
Bobby Williams has been sent packing. Common sense has prevailed. A broke federation and a broke government should not be investing Ksh 2.5 million per month in one individual when you can get the same results for 20% of that amount.

Now put more money in the grassroots and unearth more Injeras, Oliechs , Olungas, Wanyamas and Kahatas. they are there

I would give u17 team to Ghost Mulee. He discovered Olunga and nurtured him through his academy. Ghost must be really proud of Olunga.
kaka2za
#306 Posted : Saturday, February 20, 2016 11:22:42 PM

Ati Coach ni Stanley who?
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Alba
#307 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 4:40:41 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
Alba wrote:

I would give u17 team to Ghost Mulee. He discovered Olunga and nurtured him through his academy. Ghost must be really proud of Olunga.

Ghost is strictly a businessman. He made a lot of money on the Olunga sale. And the last time he was stars coach, he coerced players to sign with his management company or else he would drop them from the team.

In 2004, Kenya played in the cup of nations. Ghost fielded Jojo Waweru even though the latter was injured. It is said he did so to get Waweru TV exposure in front of Euro scouts because Ghost stood to gain financially if Waweru was recruited by a European team.

I do not begrudge Ghost from wanting to make money. But it disqualifies him from being a national team coach. Too much Conflict of interest.
Alba
#308 Posted : Monday, February 22, 2016 4:42:12 PM

kaka2za wrote:
Ati Coach ni Stanley who?

As much as I wanted Williamson out, I too am wondering why they chose an inexperienced coach who has not accomplished anything. Looks like Mwendwa's first mis-step
Alba
#309 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 9:35:06 PM

Ghost has just become rich if he was'nt already. IF Djugarden payed Ksh 16 million for Olunga. As his agent/manager, I would imagine het gets most of it. Y'all are in the wrong business folks
Fullykenyan
#310 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 10:12:46 PM

Alba wrote:
Ghost has just become rich if he was'nt already. IF Djugarden payed Ksh 16 million for Olunga. As his agent/manager, I would imagine het gets most of it. Y'all are in the wrong business folks

The maximum he gets could be 30 percent. However, don´t forget he invested alot also in Olunga. To be an agent is also not easy. It is full of mafias and i think in kenya, ghost is the God father. i once asked a senior FKF represantative if i can join the club and he told me he has to first consult Ghost, that is when i knew, Ghost must be pulling the strings there.
kaka2za
#311 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 10:29:51 PM

Fullykenyan wrote:
Alba wrote:

The maximum he gets could be 30 percent. However, don´t forget he invested alot also in Olunga. To be an agent is also not easy. It is full of mafias and i think in kenya, ghost is the God father. i once asked a senior FKF represantative if i can join the club and he told me he has to first consult Ghost, that is when i knew, Ghost must be pulling the strings there.

That's just around £110,000 hefty by our standards but peanuts by Europe standards considering that ASEC Mimosas received £150,000 for Kolo Touré in 2002.
Truth forever on the scaffold
Wrong forever on the throne
(James Russell Rowell)
Alba
#312 Posted : Wednesday, March 23, 2016 9:51:06 PM

Harambee stars have been beaten by Guinea Bissau thus ending their hopes.

Some perplexing decisions were made. Firstly I understand that the chartered flight to Guinea Bissau had 18 officials and only 12 players. Plenty of joy riders in that flight.

So if you think Nick Mwendwa was offering a new start, you might be disappointed.

Second, Stan Okumbi is not the ideal person to be stars coach given that his record of success is non-existent. And his decision to put inexperienced lower division players in the starting line-up is a head scratcher.
Sober
#313 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 7:54:39 PM

Tomorrow we play against Guinea Bissau in the second leg. we have no chance in this tournament
African parents don't know how to say sorry.. the closest you will get to a sorry is a 'have you eaten'
masukuma
#314 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 9:13:35 PM

Cut your loses...
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
tycho
#315 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 9:45:49 PM

Alba wrote:
Harambee stars have been beaten by Guinea Bissau thus ending their hopes.

Some perplexing decisions were made. Firstly I understand that the chartered flight to Guinea Bissau had 18 officials and only 12 players. Plenty of joy riders in that flight.

So if you think Nick Mwendwa was offering a new start, you might be disappointed.

Second, Stan Okumbi is not the ideal person to be stars coach given that his record of success is non-existent. And his decision to put inexperienced lower division players in the starting line-up is a head scratcher.

I think we can perform much better if FKF can have a dedicated and non elected intelligence department that would guide any elected officials. Such a department would even determine the kind of squad required and design players on a massive scale. Coaches too would be designed ...

The elected officials would then find enough space for their politics while the game flourishes.
Angelica _ann
#316 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 10:47:03 PM

Poor results!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
harrydre
#317 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 11:17:44 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
Poor results!!!

Very useless! They need to be disbanded.
i.am.back!!!!
Alba
#318 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 5:46:47 AM

Stars couldbe banned by CAF for the fracas.

Meanwhile someone please identify the chap being interviewed at 1:15. Testing wazua knowledge.

Lolest!
#319 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 6:47:25 AM

lakini hapo hapakuwa bao!
Laughing out loudly smile Applause d'oh! Sad Drool Liar Shame on you Pray
alma1
#320 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 8:46:42 AM

Alba wrote:
Stars couldbe banned by CAF for the fracas.

Meanwhile someone please identify the chap being interviewed at 1:15. Testing wazua knowledge.

Alba, maybe you one day shall tell me why we even have football in Kenya. Still waiting for 1 hooligan to be arrested.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?