wazua Tue, Jun 18, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<1415161718>»
Facebook IPO
jonna
#301 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2013 11:51:33 PM

Nabwire wrote:
OMG I finally get it, after scrolling through comments on why people supposedly hate FB, it seems like people hate Zuckerberg, not necessarily the company itself. Apparently Zuckerberg is Jewish (LOL) and WASPS hate Jews and think they are just out to milk them dry, finally understand why there's so much talk about Bernanke in a FB post. Learnt new words like heeb and goyism through all that garbage. Verdict, FB is a buy and hold, I'd rather sail with Jewish money anyday....seriously though, they've just rolled out gift cards, its sink or swim!!!

A company being founded and ran by a Jew would not put investors off, at least not in America. Its like saying that simply because there is racism in America, minorities won't be able to get a job. All in all, that analogy is skewed.

But anyways, people have always hated Facebook because of its privacy issues. I for one don't like it, neither do I like the companies I invest in but I just do it to make money.

Sell poison + treat with poison = More money.

That's the game.
Energy.
Nabwire
#302 Posted : Friday, February 01, 2013 1:49:50 AM

I meant that most people who had bad comments, if you read between the lines had no valid reason for hating FB. So my conclusion was either they dont know basic accounting or were short term speculators. Even before privacy issues, people still "hated" on FB
ChessMaster
#303 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:20:03 PM

Facebook Action Games

If executed well,this could be a goldmine for facebook.
Uncertainty is certain.Let go
Nabwire
#304 Posted : Sunday, February 10, 2013 11:43:25 PM

Beautiful, the thought of the US govt getting involved as a way to curb gun violence would be huge! I actually read an article last week that hinted that the US govt will legalize online poker as a way to get much needed funds, that would open the flood gates for FB, online poker would be huge. Now wait for the village madwoman to come and shout about how FB is overvalued, some people cant see beyond their nose. I'm surprised she hasnt screamed about how FB PE is at 2000 now...hahaha, yet I have the audacity to load some more FB stock
Nabwire
#305 Posted : Wednesday, February 13, 2013 1:57:03 AM

ChessMaster
#306 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 1:10:56 PM

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/02/16/net-us-usa-social-facebook-idUSBRE91E16O20130216

It was bound to happen sooner or later but what would someone want with both facebook and twitter information?
Uncertainty is certain.Let go
aemathenge
#307 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:38:29 PM

Whats with these two gals? Whats the beef? Where did it start? Anyone?

Nabwire wrote:
Now wait for the village madwoman to come and shout about how FB is overvalued, some people cant see beyond their nose. I'm surprised she hasnt screamed about how FB PE is at 2000 now...hahaha.
hisah
#308 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 2:45:28 PM

I can see he's still doing 'god's work!'

The less big boys talk up FB the better the stock will look. This dress rehearsals and constant handholding parades are what makes it a shorting magnet...

http://www.businessinsid...doing-gods-work-2009-11

$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Nabwire
#309 Posted : Sunday, February 17, 2013 8:50:29 PM

Hisah this is a game, you just have to be on the winning side. If the big boys move out of Apple ( they have already started) its my prayer that they will swarm into FB...Amen!
hisah
#310 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 12:00:34 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Hisah this is a game, you just have to be on the winning side. If the big boys move out of Apple ( they have already started) its my prayer that they will swarm into FB...Amen!

Look at FB's fundies then do the same for AAPL. The two are a class apart. Apple went to the pit and came back from the cliff to $700/share and a stockload of cashflow that if it wanted it can lend to US treasury. Apple makes things that FB users buy & use everyday. If you shutdown FB today what would be the economical impact vs Apple inc shutdown? Unless FB can become a necessary need, it's replaceable and the likelihood of other FBs popping is pretty high.

I just don't see how i'd load up a sizable bet on FB if I had to choose between the two.

Look at it without emotional attachment.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Nabwire
#311 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 4:07:04 AM

Yeah thats true that they are world's apart, but the market is irrational. I think with Steve Jobs gone, alot of Apple holders are not as confident as they used to be, all it takes for the herd to sell off is a bad earnings report, people will forget all the fundamental stuff. There is talk that since Samsung is proving a big challenge to iPhone, and the fact that Apple is lowering prices on its products to attract buyers, that this is the beginning of the end for them. People are always looking for the next train to board, they can be jittery when a good stock starts sliding. And FB is a necessary need, well maybe more of an addiction, they should shut it down for 24 hours and you'll see how many people will lose their minds. By the way look at their books, they are also holding a good chunk of money, virtually no debt, yet they are still at the growth stage. I think you'd agree with me that Apple has plateaud. Anyways I will hold and see what happens, looking forward to the next earnings, hopefully it will beat expectations by far.
jonna
#312 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 6:04:21 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Yeah thats true that they are world's apart, but the market is irrational. I think with Steve Jobs gone, alot of Apple holders are not as confident as they used to be, all it takes for the herd to sell off is a bad earnings report, people will forget all the fundamental stuff. There is talk that since Samsung is proving a big challenge to iPhone, and the fact that Apple is lowering prices on its products to attract buyers, that this is the beginning of the end for them. People are always looking for the next train to board, they can be jittery when a good stock starts sliding. And FB is a necessary need, well maybe more of an addiction, they should shut it down for 24 hours and you'll see how many people will lose their minds. By the way look at their books, they are also holding a good chunk of money, virtually no debt, yet they are still at the growth stage. I think you'd agree with me that Apple has plateaud. Anyways I will hold and see what happens, looking forward to the next earnings, hopefully it will beat expectations by far.

Quick question for you.

Has Chevron, Exxon Mobil, IBM etc etc plateaued??
Energy.
Nabwire
#313 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 6:12:01 AM

Touche!!
jonna
#314 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 6:12:28 AM

hisah wrote:
Nabwire wrote:

Look at FB's fundies then do the same for AAPL. The two are a class apart. Apple went to the pit and came back from the cliff to $700/share and a stockload of cashflow that if it wanted it can lend to US treasury. Apple makes things that FB users buy & use everyday. If you shutdown FB today what would be the economical impact vs Apple inc shutdown? Unless FB can become a necessary need, it's replaceable and the likelihood of other FBs popping is pretty high.

I just don't see how i'd load up a sizable bet on FB if I had to choose between the two.

Look at it without emotional attachment.

A 22-year-old social networking pioneer and Internet privacy advocate who dared to challenge Facebook and Google is dead.
Ilya Zhitomirskiy died Saturday after San Francisco police were summoned for a reported suicide, police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
Mr Zhitomirskiy was one of the founders Diaspora*, a new social networking service meant to give users more control of their information online, and sought to lure people away from bigger sites like Facebook, Google and Twitter.

That my friend is the reason why FB is a buy.

Oh, and one more thing, he never committed suicide.

http://www.dailymail.co....itomirskiy-dies-22.html

Energy.
hisah
#315 Posted : Monday, February 18, 2013 7:47:32 AM

Tired of this FB discussion. Goodluck to FB investors. Will remain a bear in this camp until I see value.
hisah
#316 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 1:15:09 AM

If the markets roll over as I expect them to with todays ugly and emphatic reversal many stocks will take it in the chin.
guru267
#317 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:33:34 AM

FACEBOOK IS OVERVALUED!!

2012 produced rubbish earnings and after the garbage that will be produced in 2013 maybe the market will see this company for what it really is!

Some people might be living on food stamps when Facebook is finished with them!
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
Nabwire
#318 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 5:23:18 PM

guru267 wrote:
FACEBOOK IS OVERVALUED!!

2012 produced rubbish earnings and after the garbage that will be produced in 2013 maybe the market will see this company for what it really is!

This is why I call this one a madwoman Laughing out loudly I really pity you. A company with $1 billion in cash flows from operating activities, $2 billion in cash and cash equivalents, gross profit that has more than doubled since 2010, is according to you "rubbish earnings" and it gets better, you go ahead and predict garbage in 2013. Madwoman is what you are, keep shouting while we make money smile Sorry, this club is not for wanjikus like you, najua uko na mauchungu, jipe shughli!! You may want to add knee pads on coz I know you pray everynight for FB to fall, ata with a 2000 PE your predictions still havent come to fruition smile A bitter and deranged woman moves not the stock market, maybe the mbuta one smile
Vj
#319 Posted : Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:17:49 PM

Nabwire wrote:
guru267 wrote:
FACEBOOK IS OVERVALUED!!

This is why I call this one a madwoman Laughing out loudly I really pity you. A company with $1 billion in cash flows from operating activities, $2 billion in cash and cash equivalents, gross profit that has more than doubled since 2010, is according to you "rubbish earnings" and it gets better, you go ahead and predict garbage in 2013. Madwoman is what you are, keep shouting while we make money smile Sorry, this club is not for wanjikus like you, najua uko na mauchungu, jipe shughli!! You may want to add knee pads on coz I know you pray everynight for FB to fall, ata with a 2000 PE your predictions still havent come to fruition smile A bitter and deranged woman moves not the stock market, maybe the mbuta one smile

I don't mean any offence but you don't have to be this rude to air your opinion. If you don't agree with someones opinion than ignore it and continue doing what you do.

Before you can be be old and wise, you must first be young and stupid.
guru267
#320 Posted : Friday, February 22, 2013 12:14:35 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Madwoman is what you are, keep shouting while we make money smile

Just curious as to what money you are making?? Liar

Didn't you buy @ IPO for $38?? Have you ever received a dividend/bonus?? Laughing out loudly
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16