#281 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 10:40:57 AM

Watch this Video!

WSJ (Wall Street Journal) video about investing in Bitcoin

http://www.wsj.com/video...C-98EE-EA5364F6D9CB.html
BITCOIN TRADERS KENYA Whatsapp group +254 705 299 429
mic_mic
#282 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 10:53:35 AM

Hi EVERYONE.

I've been running this thread for 6+ months now. I would like to get some feedback on whether to CONTINUE or DISCONTINUE this thread.

Please respond ny clicking YES / NO on this question

It will take you only 5 seconds.

http://goo.gl/forms/pUVjwCVb7E

Thanks!
derick
#283 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2015 2:38:13 PM

mic_mic wrote:
Hi EVERYONE.

I've been running this thread for 6+ months now. I would like to get some feedback on whether to CONTINUE or DISCONTINUE this thread.

Thanks!

Keep it up
Your income is directly related to your philosophy, Not the economy.-Jim Rohn
mic_mic
#284 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 10:08:46 AM

Argument against 'What is bitcoin backed by'

Bitcoin is not just a currency and should not be evaluated only using such crude questions as "what backs it", but for you I will. Bitcoin is an entirely new asset class it has qualities typical of scarce commodities. Yes it's designed to be a currency -but a sound currency based on scarcity.

Gold was once used as currency because of it's scarcity and many things are valuable simply because they are rare, like some vintage baseball cards and certain precious stones. But scarcity alone is not the only reason Gold or bitcoins have value.

Gold is valued as a commodity. Commodities are not backed by anything except their intrinsic usefulness. As well as being scarce, gold has intrinsic use as a conductor, wheat is useful as food, oil is used for fuel, etc... So, if Bitcoin, the commodity has a usefulness then it too has intrinsic value. That intrinsic value is described in this quote:

As a thought experiment, imagine there was a base metal as scarce as gold but with the following properties:
– boring grey in colour
– not a good conductor of electricity
– not particularly strong, but not ductile or easily malleable either
– not useful for any practical or ornamental purpose

and one special, magical property:
– can be transported over a communications channel

If it somehow acquired any value at all for whatever reason, then anyone wanting to transfer wealth over a long distance could buy some, transmit it, and have the recipient sell it.

Maybe it could get an initial value circularly as you’ve suggested, by people foreseeing its potential usefulness for exchange. (I would definitely want some) Maybe collectors, any random reason could spark it.

-Satoshi Nakamoto Aug. 27, 2010

Consider the essential qualities of currency; scarce, divisible, durable, portable and difficult to counterfeit, and you'll see Bitcoin is not just currency.. it's money, backed by usefulness.
mnandii
#285 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 10:24:32 AM

derick wrote:
mic_mic wrote:
Hi EVERYONE.

Thanks!

Keep it up

The crowd is not showing interest now? Remember when bitcoin was selling for >$1000 the huge interest that there was to the point of people selling their houses to buy bitcoin. That was a good time to sell.

Now the price has plumetted >80%, no one is interested in discussing bitcoin an the few who are have negative attitude toward the currency! NOW is the time to buy. This Feb I want to accumulate my fair share.
Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mic_mic
#286 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:01:59 AM

mnandii wrote:
derick wrote:
mic_mic wrote:
Hi EVERYONE.

Thanks!

Keep it up

The crowd is not showing interest now? Remember when bitcoin was selling for >$1000 the huge interest that there was to the point of people selling their houses to buy bitcoin. That was a good time to sell.

Now the price has plumetted >80%, no one is interested in discussing bitcoin an the few who are have negative attitude toward the currency! NOW is the time to buy. This Feb I want to accumulate my fair share.

Good to see you here @mnandii! As you can see, not much conversation goes on here, but i suspect that will change after the next bull trend.

People get caught up in short term trends and completely forget the bigger picture. I was just reading up on bubbles and found this great chart on the price of GOLD over history. Have a look

mic_mic
#287 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:11:13 AM

mnandii wrote:
derick wrote:
mic_mic wrote:
Hi EVERYONE.

Thanks!

Keep it up

Mnandii, i see from your post history you make use of EW?

If you've been looking at my charts here, you'll see we've been tracking a final wave 5, abc correction then a major trend reversal. Have you had a look at BTC charts for YOUR EW counts? Curios that's all.

mic_mic
#288 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 11:42:16 AM

1 Week bitcoin price chart

mnandii
#289 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 12:28:46 PM

mic_mic wrote:
mnandii wrote:
derick wrote:
mic_mic wrote:
Hi EVERYONE.

Thanks!

Keep it up

If you've been looking at my charts here, you'll see we've been tracking a final wave 5, abc correction then a major trend reversal. Have you had a look at BTC charts for YOUR EW counts? Curios that's all.

Hi. Yes I use Elliott Waves. My conclusion for buying is actually base on wave counts from Elliott Wave International(EWI) via Ewaves flash newsletter www.ewaves.com.

EWI was the first financial newsletter to discuss Bitcoins via Prechter's Eliiott Wave Theorist when the price of one bitcoin was USD 6 cents. Two yearr later the price rallied to the all time high of above $1000. That's when pple started to notice bitcoin. Another newsletter at that point warned of a major reversal (the -88% drop) in price. That happened. Now bitcoin is poised to rise in a major third wave which should take prices beyond $1000 by many multiples.

Guys should read that ewaves flash newsletter!

Conventional thinkers waste time building shelters when they are unnecessary and then have no shelters when they need them the most. Socionomists do the opposite.
mic_mic
#290 Posted : Saturday, January 31, 2015 12:40:31 PM

mnandii wrote:
mic_mic wrote:
mnandii wrote:
derick wrote:
mic_mic wrote:
Hi EVERYONE.

Thanks!

Keep it up

Hi. Yes I use Elliott Waves. My conclusion for buying is actually base on wave counts from Elliott Wave International(EWI) via Ewaves flash newsletter www.ewaves.com.

EWI was the first financial newsletter to discuss Bitcoins via Prechter's Eliiott Wave Theorist when the price of one bitcoin was USD 6 cents. Two yearr later the price rallied to the all time high of above $1000. That's when pple started to notice bitcoin. Another newsletter at that point warned of a major reversal (the -88% drop) in price. That happened. Now bitcoin is poised to rise in a major third wave which should take prices beyond $1000 by many multiples.

Guys should read that ewaves flash newsletter!

+1 EW is a tool every active investor should have in their toolbox.
mic_mic
#291 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 7:36:03 AM

Bitcoin: Perhaps the Most Promising Investment Opportunity of Our Age

Read more here

https://bitcoinmagazine....stment-opportunity-age/

derick
#292 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 7:58:10 AM

mic_mic wrote:

Bitcoin: Perhaps the Most Promising Investment Opportunity of Our Age

Read more here

https://bitcoinmagazine....stment-opportunity-age/

That's something
mic_mic
#293 Posted : Monday, February 02, 2015 1:59:21 PM

Bitcoin Prices, 2010-2015

mic_mic
#294 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 7:14:45 PM

HELLO FELLOW INVESTORS OF WAZUA,

BITPESA (bitpesa.co) - East African Digital Currency Exchange has organized a talk event for anyone interested in learning about bitcoins.

This event will be held at the SANKARA HOTEL - Westlands and is FREE to attend.

Date: February 13th

Time: 5.30 pm

This event is targeted at investors & traders and talk agenda will revolve around

+ Discussion on bitcoin and why investors like yourselves should take interest

+ How to buy and sell bitcoins via Bitpesa's automated exchange

+ Bitcoin the market, price movements and all you need to know about trading bitcoin

+ Q & A session and Demos

I shall be speaking at the event and will be happy to meet you all there. Come with an open mind and any questions you may have.

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!

liomungai
#295 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 8:05:22 PM

I must attend this one. Missed out yesterday for the launch of TagPesa. Heard there was quite a good turnout. Maybe you can provide a general overview of what happened. If possible you could make it easier to understand the difference of the three exchanges; BitX, BitPesa and TagPesa, and there various advantages and disadvantages?? Cheers man. Thanks
People who look for easy money invariably pay for the privilege of proving conclusively that it cannot be found on this sordid earth
derick
#296 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 9:49:00 PM

mic_mic wrote:

BITPESA (bitpesa.co) - East African Digital Currency Exchange has organized a talk event for anyone interested in learning about bitcoins.

This event is targeted at investors & traders and talk agenda will revolve around

+ Bitcoin the market, price movements and all you need to know about trading bitcoin

I shall be speaking at the event and will be happy to meet you all there. Come with an open mind and any questions you may have.

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!

That's a great opportunity to learn .thanx mic-mic hope to see there
Mukiri
#297 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 9:57:50 PM

mic_mic wrote:

YOU ARE ALL WELCOME!

Hope you'll record the talks and upload on YouTube, for those of us who cannot attendPray

Proverbs 19:21
mic_mic
#298 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 11:32:25 PM

Central Bank of Italy Declares Virtual Currency Exchanges Are Not Subject to AML Requirements

https://bitcoinmagazine....ubject-aml-requirements/
mic_mic
#299 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 11:34:05 PM

"the EBA’s recommendation that financial institutions should avoid buying or investing in virtual currencies until a formal legal framework has been established."

"The Notice allows financial institutions regulated by the Bank of Italy to do business with any virtual currency companies, provided that they respect existing AML/KYC requirements for account holders and warn them about the risks involved."
mic_mic
#300 Posted : Wednesday, February 04, 2015 11:39:50 PM

New York State Releases Revised BitLicense Proposal

http://www.coindesk.com/...sed-bitlicense-proposal/