wazua Wed, Jul 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<1213141516>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
streetwise
#261 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 7:21:18 PM

These guys need to be jailed for two consecutive life times
Impunity
#262 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 7:29:05 PM

gatoho wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
#MarketUpdate
The Nairobi Securities Exchange suspends Trading of Chase Bank Kenya Bond 
@NSEKenya

Don't know if that was already posted

I will never hold a corporate bond even if it is floated by a blue chip company like Safaricom Ltd.

Gaament Bond is the best, if you get Infrastructure Bond (tax free), the sweeter.

Drool Drool Drool Drool

Some guy had a government bond mature 2days ago and guess who he banked with?

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Othelo
#263 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 7:31:59 PM

Impunity wrote:
gatoho wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
#MarketUpdate
@NSEKenya

I will never hold a corporate bond even if it is floated by a blue chip company like Safaricom Ltd.

Gaament Bond is the best, if you get Infrastructure Bond (tax free), the sweeter.

Drool Drool Drool Drool

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray

Now that is Karma right there Sad Sad d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
researchfirst
#264 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 7:40:55 PM

So tired of all this. Thieves. Even caught, they never repay. The money is always gone. Chase, NBK, Imperial, all the money is in the ground. We will never see any of it again.
maka
#265 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 7:45:34 PM

Othelo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
gatoho wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
#MarketUpdate
@NSEKenya

Drool Drool Drool Drool

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray

Eish that is bad....
possunt quia posse videntur
enyands
#266 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 7:47:17 PM

maka wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
gatoho wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
#MarketUpdate
@NSEKenya

Drool Drool Drool Drool

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray

Eish that is bad....

@hisa deserves it ,he forewarned of banks long long ago.
maka
#267 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:04:54 PM

enyands wrote:
maka wrote:
Othelo wrote:
Impunity wrote:
gatoho wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
#MarketUpdate
@NSEKenya

Drool Drool Drool Drool

Pray Pray Pray Pray Pray

Eish that is bad....

@hisa deserves it ,he forewarned of banks long long ago.

Like Sunil Sanger with NBK...
possunt quia posse videntur
kimugaman
#268 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:43:35 PM

They are blaming social media. How about owners of bank, taking deposits, then loaning it out to themselves, then cooking the books to hide those loans. If there was no social media, people in bars and markets and social gatherings still could have talked about it.
murchr
#269 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:46:19 PM

kimugaman wrote:
They are blaming social media. How about owners of bank, taking deposits, then loaning it out to themselves, then cooking the books to hide those loans. If there was no social media, people in bars and markets and social gatherings still could have talked about it.

Social media mongers caused the bank run. The 16BN hole was recoverable. No one is sanitizing the directors
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
kayhara
#270 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:51:26 PM

murchr wrote:
kimugaman wrote:

Social media mongers caused the bank run. The 16BN hole was recoverable. No one is sanitizing the directors

Social Media or otherwise I am proud that no one has played the tribal card all are supporting the monk.
To Each His Own
enyands
#271 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:53:08 PM

It's good as a nation going through this . This is called financial revolution. Finally it will be one of the best in Africa .Opus dei Mei good job. I'm just worried about his safety and job security . People wk turn blame on cbk and for political reason it might spiral back to him . But that's the day I'll know the country has gone to dogs
kimugaman
#272 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 8:58:15 PM

Then the lesson should be, don't cook the books and give directors loans from depositors funds, then lie about it, because once "social media" finds out, you are toast!
enyands
#273 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:02:57 PM

kimugaman wrote:
Then the lesson should be, don't cook the books and give directors loans from depositors funds, then lie about it, because once "social media" finds out, you are toast!

That's the power of incorruptible person in kenya.only learned fellows will understand the value of opus but the likes of duale and jackoyo won't .
Cde Monomotapa
#274 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 9:37:23 PM

Cde Monomotapa wrote:
[quote=Cde Monomotapa]Yes. This is the price of recklessness, irresponsible posting, reporting, witch hunting & malice under the guise of 'democracy'.

Wengi wenu hapa mkiambiwa mfyate midomo hamtii. Wivu itawamaliza. Congratulations.

Quote:
Obama called on the press to have “higher aspirations” than the number of electronic “hits” stories may generate.
http://www.bloomberg.com...-of-untethered-campaign[/quote]

Nimewahimiza sana. Entrepreneurs have taken risks to build these brands. Research, critique with reason & responsibility - with a dash of sarcasm where applicable.

Kujenga ni miaka, kubomoa masiku. Laana kamwe ivunjwe!

Let the authorities do their thing now. Spawned out of control this one.
MaichBlack
#275 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:25:12 PM

kimugaman wrote:

There was total rot in this bank! No need to blame the social media. Granted, some individuals inevitably dramatized some facts and misrepresented some but it is not like we are talking about a sound bank that followed strict corporate governance. Secret insider loans, misreporting etc. What did they expect???

There is nothing as bad as rumours accompanied by verifiable facts. The sickening verifiable facts are attributable to the banks management and directors!!!
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
kimugaman
#276 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 10:59:29 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
kimugaman wrote:

There was total rot in this bank! No need to blame the social media. Granted, some individuals inevitably dramatized some facts and misrepresented some but it is not like we are talking about a sound bank that followed strict corporate governance. Secret insider loans, misreporting etc. What did they expect???

There is nothing as bad as rumours accompanied by verifiable facts. The sickening verifiable facts are attributable to the banks management and directors!!!

Plus if I was a regular mwanainchi, with full knowledge that V.I.Ps never get jailed for stealing, and money once stolen is rarely recovered, do I just sit on my hands waiting for CBK to sort this mess. Of course not! I will run to the bank and do everything humanely possible to get my money out.
My landlord or stomach can't wait for 20 year "investigations". Ask people in DECI.
enyands
#277 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 11:17:21 PM

MaichBlack wrote:
kimugaman wrote:

Let the banks learn their lessons. You need to play an honest game
Ethiteri
#278 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 12:19:28 AM

I think as Wanjikus we need to teach the thieves a lesson too.Boycott their businesses e.g that joint in Ruiru mentioned in some post here.If they are Landlords which was one of the major investment avenues let not lease those houses.

I feel sorry for the staff but the top management no love lost.

Do you guys notice that most shady deals are done at Chase Bank
Most pyramids banked there...6969 banked there......NYS chaps had several accounts there....Youth fund was there....

I think the signs were there but we refused to see through them.
Impunity
#279 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 7:47:09 AM

murchr wrote:
kimugaman wrote:

Angain how much was the hole in Imperial bank? And whay was it not "recoverable"?
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Sufficiently Philanga....thropic
#280 Posted : Friday, April 08, 2016 9:06:49 AM

Othelo wrote:
popat wrote:
One of the bank directors alienda hapo Eastern Bypass akafungua joint inaitwa Oakpoint Ruiru.The best in the O.J neighbourhoods.He is minting serious chums as Kenyans warrow in miasma of lost fortunes.I don't know who can be trusted in this country....

So this is how guys are acquiring crazy properties in Nairobi and environs. Okay Sad

In Karen,at the junction of Ndege road and Langata road, sits this prestigious building called Watermark Business Park spanning 15 acres complete with fountains and what have you. Recently, Unilever moved their regional headquarters here!
@SufficientlyP