wazua Wed, Jun 26, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<1213141516>»
Facebook IPO
jonna
#261 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 12:05:49 AM

Another Facebook like project in the making but this one is in Canada.

http://www.intertainmentmedia.com/
Energy.
Nabwire
#262 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 5:05:47 AM

Basically even if Jesus came ad told you FBis a buy you'd still be skeptical. If those numbers were of say Safaricom, you'd have lots to write home about. I think most people just have a negative bias to Zuckerburg which is unfortunate. Anyways 5 years out we'll know for sure, remember Microsoft had the most ownership of Apple shares and with the dotcom bubble, they sold it all while being praised for avoiding a disaster, maybe just maybe this is another Apple moment.
guru267
#263 Posted : Friday, October 26, 2012 7:07:30 AM

Nabwire wrote:
Basically even if Jesus came ad told you FBis a buy you'd still be skeptical.

Its impossible for the Son of man to lead his flock to the eternal lake of fire!! Shame on you

2017: FB share price = $17.50
Mark 12:29
Deuteronomy 4:16
hisah
#264 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 9:35:46 AM

Nov 13 is here. 1.332 billion shares coming to market as the lockup tranche expires... Goodluck with the huge supply flood...
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#265 Posted : Tuesday, November 13, 2012 6:18:30 PM

The selling parade...

Nov 2 2012 - Facebook COO Sheryl Sandberg Sells Stock Worth $7.4 Million - http://www.reuters.com/a...g-idUSBRE8A11HC20121102

Nov 8 2012 - Facebook's Sandberg sells another $3.75 million in stock - http://www.reuters.com/a...g-idUSBRE8A71IW20121108

Speechless - Facebook stock costs will wipe out profit - http://articles.marketwa...ecutive-mark-zuckerberg

Quote:
At its current level of profitability, it will take Facebook Inc. until mid-2013 at the earliest to earn enough operating income just to offset its annual stock-compensation costs.

An analysis of the company’s latest securities filing reveals that unless Facebook (US:FB) significantly improves its operating margin, these costs — which totaled $2.3 billion as of Sept. 30 — will be enough to prevent the social network from earning a bottom-line profit for at least two more quarters.

That in turn will make its shares less attractive during that time to fund managers and other professional stock buyers who look for value as well as growth when choosing stocks.

At the root of the problem for Facebook common stockholders is the massive share count. The company has about twice the number of shares outstanding as either Apple Inc. (US:AAPL) or International Business Machines Corp. (US:IBM), even though those companies went public decades ago. Facebook also has more than six times the number of shares outstanding as Google Inc. (US:GOOG), which went public in 2004.

Testing sub $20 after the rebound in Sept and Oct. The highest rebound was up to $24.

I still rate it at $10.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
guru267
#266 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 8:56:40 AM

$10 coming soon to a facebook you own!! Laughing out loudly
mdosi
#267 Posted : Wednesday, November 14, 2012 4:54:29 PM

A tsunami of FB shares is hitting the market today. This unlock will release 804 MILLION shares. Today would be a beautiful day to short this stock. We wait and see.

http://www.bloomberg.com...-of-unlocked-shares.html
It's amazing what you can achieve when you get rid of fear.
Nabwire
#268 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:32:30 AM

FB is up 5% for the day and not a whimper from the naysayers. Its up over 25% in 3 months, in investing there is something called epsilon, you have to know when to shut off that red devil. Think about it, why is it holding strong yet insiders have sold off huge chunks. Epsilon!!
hisah
#269 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:12:52 AM

Nabwire wrote:
FB is up 5% for the day and not a whimper from the naysayers. Its up over 25% in 3 months, in investing there is something called epsilon, you have to know when to shut off that red devil. Think about it, why is it holding strong yet insiders have sold off huge chunks. Epsilon!!

How far from the IPO price? Why the insider selling instead of piling in to offer support?
Nabwire
#270 Posted : Thursday, November 22, 2012 8:15:16 AM

There is something called noise to intentionally make the price sink. I honestly think they are just playing with people's psyche. What ever happened to buy when there is blood, ohh wewe si mtu wa longterm.
Nabwire
#271 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:40:35 PM

Up 8%, has been upgraded to an outperform, one year target raised from $23 to $33. Thats why it amazes me when someone quotes an exact price that FB will be at in 5 years, thats sheer ignorance. The market changes every second, and to use PE alone to gauge a stock like FB is so naive, PE is not a constant number, and a company as large as FB has potential to drastically change that figure.

http://blogs.wsj.com/mar...stein-says/?mod=yahoo_hs
the deal
#272 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 8:43:52 PM

[quote=Nabwire]Up 8%, has been upgraded to an outperform, one year target raised from $23 to $33. Thats why it amazes me when someone quotes an exact price that FB will be at in 5 years, thats sheer ignorance. The market changes every second, and to use PE alone to gauge a stock like FB is so naive, PE is not a constant number, and a company as large as FB has potential to drastically change that figure.

http://blogs.wsj.com/mar...tein-says/?mod=yahoo_hs[/quote]
I see you are enjoying every moment getting a go at your detractors Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
guru267
#273 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 9:55:11 PM

Nabwire wrote:
Thats why it amazes me when someone quotes an exact price that FB will be at in 5 years, thats sheer ignorance

@Nabwire do yourself a favour & Think before you speak/post... It might stop you from looking stupid amongst your peers!! Shame on you

There is a difference between the value of a stock and the price of a stock! That someone you are misquoting was talking about the value of FB in 5years & not the share price!

guru267 wrote:
Meaning its only in 2017 when fair value for FB will be $20!!

Today FB is valued at a mere $9 and yet defies all logic to trade at a whopping price of $20+!! Irrational behavior at its best...

5years from now it will be probably be worth $25-35(still below ipo) but who knows where the share price will be??

You should benefit from the irrational behavior by SELLING SELLING SELLING!!
Nabwire
#274 Posted : Monday, November 26, 2012 11:13:14 PM

LOL Deal, amazing how these gurus think they know it all, and then the stock behaves completely different from their analysis. If even analysts on Wallstreet are mostly wrong, I wonder why she thinks she has the absolute truth to even say what price FB will be at in 5 years. Anyways Guru endelea na domo domo while investors make money, save your advise for those who value it.
Drunkard
#275 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 2:21:53 AM

Are you guys still on Facebook?

@Nabwire
I would feel uncomfortable calling the analyst ignorant or naive because I am very sure he has some basis to back his/her analysis. In the business of research and analysis reputation is very important and most of the time there is actually no outliers on projections since everyone very much peep at the other research house numbers so unless you think you're better than all the analysts in Wall street, I suggest you tone down a little bit. I am very sure that the analyst who made the prediction also understand how the market change so often.

To also correct you, analysts in wall street are mostly correct not mostly wrong! You can actually reasonably project 5 yrs price of the stock based on earnings projections using multivariable models because stock price do follow the earning patterns.

But I understand, sometimes we actually think we know and we get worked up by spending time in google and following market news but guess what? There is more to analysis than just that, alot of people spend alot of time to come up with a predictions alot of resources and alot of very bright people work on those stuff before it is out, so I would be caution.
Nabwire
#276 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:37:17 AM

I wasnt referring to a Wallstreet analyst, I was referring to our armchair analyst guru267 who thinks that just coz she can divide a couple of numbers and get ratios, that she is qualified to bark orders on what to do with your money. I know analysts on Wallstreet do alot of research, I wouldnt speak out against them though I wouldnt necessarily take their advice either. Or you want to refute that they sometimes purposefully mislead the masses to create runs or dips? Anyways my point was this guru quoting the exact price a stock will be 5 years out, thats a bit too ambitious. FB could go up or down, I cant claim to know which way for sure, I just have a problem with someone trying to force their advise down my throat, then if it does go up she will say its based on irationality, if it goes down, she will say see I told you. Anyways, at the end of the day I will do what I feel is best, armchair advise or not.
guru267
#277 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 9:57:56 AM

Nabwire wrote:
I wasnt referring to a Wallstreet analyst, I was referring to our armchair analyst guru267

Oh so now you know me so well?? Shame on you

I rarely argue with people on a much much lower level of intelligence than i have since its illogical... Though this time was an exception, i do not intend to continue glorifying your ignorance with any response!!

All i can say is that i really really feel sorry for those who mustve had a troublesome and miserable time raising you!!

Good luck with FB.. You'll need it!!
aemathenge
#278 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 11:23:57 AM

guru267 wrote:
All i can say is that i really really feel sorry for those who mustve had a troublesome and miserable time raising you!!

My Sage, My Guru, you are the best there is but the above is below the belt. It really is.

On behalf of those of us who love and care for you, please apologize to his/her parentage.

@Nabwire, I bow my head in shame for the words on your parentage.
Nabwire
#279 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 5:57:25 PM

Aemathenge, no worries, you can put lipstick on a pig, but its still a pig. I guess this mask has been peeled far enough.
Drunkard
#280 Posted : Tuesday, November 27, 2012 6:02:29 PM

@Nabwire
"Or you want to refute that they sometimes purposefully mislead the masses to create runs or dips?"

I don't know if I would also say "purposefully mislead," but I don't know how deep you are in this business but I can tell you from what I know that alot the analysts who sometimes get it so wrong actually strongly believe in their numbers and they have the rationale for it and they are not intentionally misleading. Most research analyst actually have portfolio of clients that have years and years of relationships, the thinking that you can intentionally mislead them do not actually make any sense!

I don't know guru and I have never follow guru but what I know is, you two are not fun of one another, lets just keep the comment civil.