wazua Wed, Jul 3, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

39 Pages«<1112131415>»
Chase Bank loss...another case of cooking the books?
popat
#241 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 4:49:06 PM

One of the bank directors alienda hapo Eastern Bypass akafungua joint inaitwa Oakpoint Ruiru.The best in the O.J neighbourhoods.He is minting serious chums as Kenyans warrow in miasma of lost fortunes.I don't know who can be trusted in this country....
Aguytrying
#242 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 4:50:45 PM

Thanks gents for sharing the knowledge
The investor's chief problem - and even his worst enemy - is likely to be himself
maka
#243 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 4:54:33 PM

popat wrote:
One of the bank directors alienda hapo Eastern Bypass akafungua joint inaitwa Oakpoint Ruiru.The best in the O.J neighbourhoods.He is minting serious chums as Kenyans warrow in miasma of lost fortunes.I don't know who can be trusted in this country....

Dr.Njoroge
possunt quia posse videntur
whiteowl
#244 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:20:29 PM

masukuma wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:
So, I move my money, interest and time to Sports Betting and banks starts collapsing left, right and center.

Its OK.

Funny enough is that this banks are collapsing after their MDs and CEOs receive awards of excellence. Very funny. Very very funny.

the former governor also left with many awards and recognitions

is that a tell-tell sign?

Yes.Munir best CEO 2014,the chase bank guy best CEO 2015.Even in other countries studies show a correlation between awards and poor performance of the company. Its not always the case but you can't ignore the trend. Watch out for the best CEO in the banking sector this year!
Impunity
#245 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:23:39 PM

Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
is m-shwari safe

CBA = @Uhuru bank

never joke with limited companies the person and company are different strangers

m-shwari seems like a convenient place to keep your cash when this banks run occur, just log onto mobile banking of whichever bank and push the funds huko, instead of fighting kwa ATM's.

But is it a safe alternative for long term banking, I am thinking is safcom was to collapse the whole country would go under, financially.

Just open an account at central bank and sleep peacefully

Nditto...learned wazuans should have known these eons!
Portfolio: Sold
You know you've made it when you get a parking space for your yatcht.

Obi 1 Kanobi
#246 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:43:52 PM

whiteowl wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:
So, I move my money, interest and time to Sports Betting and banks starts collapsing left, right and center.

Its OK.

Funny enough is that this banks are collapsing after their MDs and CEOs receive awards of excellence. Very funny. Very very funny.

Yes.Munir best CEO 2014,the chase bank guy best CEO 2015.Even in other countries studies show a correlation between awards and poor performance of the company. Its not always the case but you can't ignore the trend. Watch out for the best CEO in the banking sector this year!

Think Business Bank Awards outside those categories supported by actual data are not to be taken very seriously.

The CEO of the Year is I think just a rotational BS awarded to somone who has not received it before. Literally all the major CEO's have received this award, may be it was the turn of Munir & Duncan.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
"The purpose of bureaucracy is to compensate for incompetence and lack of discipline." James Collins
muganda
#247 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:44:31 PM

whiteowl wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:

Its OK.

Ilikeyou
#248 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:44:40 PM

I agree on the correlation between awards and poor performance.

IBL had won the FIRE award for sometime.

whiteowl wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:

Its OK.

Impunity
#249 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:46:03 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:

Its OK.

Think Business Bank Awards outside those categories supported by actual data are not to be taken very seriously.

The CEO of the Year is I think just a rotational BS awarded to somone who has not received it before. Literally all the major CEO's have received this award, may be there's a ka'rotational policy.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

...and on that note, I will just leave this one here....UKenyatta is best Africa's president!

CheckYourSix
#250 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:46:13 PM

Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
is m-shwari safe

CBA = @Uhuru bank

never joke with limited companies the person and company are different strangers

m-shwari seems like a convenient place to keep your cash when this banks run occur, just log onto mobile banking of whichever bank and push the funds huko, instead of fighting kwa ATM's.

But is it a safe alternative for long term banking, I am thinking is safcom was to collapse the whole country would go under, financially.

According to https://www.centralbank....ndex.php/bank-services,

Can I open an account with the Central Bank of Kenya?

No. The Central Bank of Kenya does not offer commercial banking services, such as the opening of accounts, to the general public.
maka
#251 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:50:01 PM

Obi 1 Kanobi wrote:
whiteowl wrote:
masukuma wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
dunkang wrote:

Its OK.

The CEO of the Year is I think just a rotational BS awarded to somone who has not received it before. Literally all the major CEO's have received this award, may be it was the turn of Munir & Duncan.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

So they came in last after everyone has enjoyed the lime light cementing the fact that they are bogus..
ecstacy
#252 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:51:26 PM

CheckYourSix wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
is m-shwari safe

CBA = @Uhuru bank

No. The Central Bank of Kenya does not offer commercial banking services, such as the opening of accounts, to the general public.

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
maka
#253 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 5:53:38 PM

#MarketUpdate
The Nairobi Securities Exchange suspends Trading of Chase Bank Kenya Bond 
@NSEKenya

Don't know if that was already posted
Othelo
#254 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 6:12:00 PM

popat wrote:

So this is how guys are acquiring crazy properties in Nairobi and environs. Okay Sad
Formal education will make you a living. Self-education will make you a fortune - Jim Rohn.
Spikes
#255 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 6:25:17 PM

maka wrote:
#MarketUpdate
@NSEKenya

I will never hold a corporate bond even if it is floated by a blue chip company like Safaricom Ltd.
John 5:17 But Jesus replied, “My Father is always working, and so am I.”
Impunity
#256 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 6:34:43 PM

CheckYourSix wrote:
Impunity wrote:
Swenani wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
mlennyma wrote:
Impunity wrote:
sitaki.kujulikana wrote:
is m-shwari safe

CBA = @Uhuru bank

You must have minimum Kss.100,000 for CBK, if you are a @wanjiku please tumia M-suruari.
Shame on you

Impunity
#257 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 6:39:35 PM

Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
#MarketUpdate
@NSEKenya

I will never hold a corporate bond even if it is floated by a blue chip company like Safaricom Ltd.

Gaament Bond is the best, if you get Infrastructure Bond (tax free), the sweeter.

Drool Drool Drool Drool

kediveKed
#258 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 6:47:48 PM

instead of capping interest rates, we need a substantive law as opposed to rules and regulations on corporate governance. Especially in the financial sector ( Banking, Insurance, Retirement). The law should be criminal in nature or at least civil and criminal in nature because the burden of proof in criminal is very high to get a conviction.
Anyway the directors are solely responsbile for this mess because they acted recklessly. A director is reasonably expected to foresee the damage that his/her actions ( Fradulent statement of account) can cause.
IF it was possible for depositors to sue directors for breach of duty and subsequently have their personal assets used to cover their claims, it was be great as this is a case of unjust enrichment. Anyway it's a sad day for kenya.

Oh and The Perp Walk should be introduced in Kenya
gatoho
#259 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 6:57:29 PM

Impunity wrote:
Spikes wrote:
maka wrote:
#MarketUpdate
@NSEKenya

Gaament Bond is the best, if you get Infrastructure Bond (tax free), the sweeter.

Drool Drool Drool Drool

Some guy had a government bond mature 2days ago and guess who he banked with?
Foresight..
kayhara
#260 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2016 7:02:01 PM

Naona sosio midia saying Rafiki DTM, and Ghengis securities associated with Chase experienced unrest today,.
To Each His Own