(James Russell Rowell)
hardwood
#222 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 1:40:08 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
madollar wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
Lolest! wrote:
This is very sad!Do editors check the obituary section? Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Reason 200,890,904 why it is hard to support Kenyan media when they are finywad by srkal....

Ama ni internal wars, whatever the motive hapa heads will roll

NASA smile

Reports say Jimi paid for the advert. Just like kalonzo "bombed" his own home.
Angelica _ann
#223 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 1:55:51 PM

hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
madollar wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

Reason 200,890,904 why it is hard to support Kenyan media when they are finywad by srkal....

NASA smile

Coming from you, I believe. You are always right!!!
In the business world, everyone is paid in two coins - cash and experience. Take the experience first; the cash will come later - H Geneen
hardwood
#224 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 2:03:07 PM

FRM2011 wrote:
Swenani wrote:

Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly

You should have put this under "hogwash press". I may not be very smart but I can assure you this is not the government. The NIS guys are way smarter than this. There is a level of stupidity they would not engage in.

This is a low level, semi-literate jubilee operative. Think someone like Kiharu Mp Ndindi Nyoro.

But the level of incompetence at Nation is extreme. Tom Mshindi and Mutuma Mathiu are true tumbocrats. And the once mighty empire is going down super fast.

You must really hate that mpig.Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
hardwood
#225 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 2:06:13 PM

kaka2za wrote:
RIP Mr Wanjagi.

Those without dual citizenship will be deported to makueni.
hardwood
#226 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 2:11:42 PM

Angelica _ann wrote:
hardwood wrote:
Angelica _ann wrote:
madollar wrote:
Dahatre wrote:
Lolest! wrote:

NASA smile

Coming from you, I believe. You are always right!!!

Yep. Seeking sympathy from the public.
alma1
#227 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 3:49:00 PM

Wahhhh! I had not seen this.

Let's pause for a minute and pray for the children of whichever mind came up with this. Who does this? I'll be abusing madmen if I called them mad.

As for Nation. This is not even a low.

Can you imagine the Daily Mail running an Obituary on James Corbin? Are people in the nation insane lunatics?

I mean who does this?
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

hardwood
#228 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 4:00:47 PM

alma1 wrote:

Let's pause for a minute and pray for the children of whichever mind came up with this. Who does this? I'll be abusing madmen if I called them mad.

Can you imagine the Daily Mail running an Obituary on James Corbin? Are people in the nation insane lunatics?

I mean who does this?

James Richard Wanjagi is NOT Jimi Wanjigi. Also people do resemble one another so nothing wrong with the piksha. Therefore the Nation is not to blame.

Also there is always some small print in the newspaper that they are not responsible for any material that appears in adverts/notices, and that it is up to the readers to exercise caution with regard to any advert/classified/notices carried in the newspaper.
alma1
#229 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 4:11:13 PM

hardwood wrote:
alma1 wrote:

I mean who does this?

James Richard Wanjagi is NOT Jimi Wanjigi. Also people do resemble one another so nothing wrong with the piksha. Therefore the Nation is not to blame.

Also there is always some small print in the newspaper that they are not responsible for any material that appears in adverts/notices, and that it is up to the readers to exercise caution with regard to any advert/classified/notices carried in the newspaper.

I am lighting a candle for the kids of whoever came up with this brilliant "show of force". Scientists are still debating on whether ujinga is hereditary.

hardwood
#230 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 4:24:56 PM

alma1 wrote:
hardwood wrote:
alma1 wrote:

I mean who does this?

I am lighting a candle for the kids of whoever came up with this brilliant "show of force". Scientists are still debating on whether ujinga is hereditary.

Or could it be a deliberate fake funeral, like the fake oath, especially now this seemingly being the season to wallow in the miasma of fakeness?
Kusadikika
#231 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 4:39:33 PM

I do not see how anyone can blame the Daily Nation for publishing the obituary. It is not as if the obituary section is ran by a group of forensic experts who have to ascertain that the obituary being presented for publication is indeed for someone who is actually dead. I have never been there but I suspect the process of getting an obituary published is rather simple and straight forward. You probably are asked to choose a size, maybe color, I would guess maybe the page. You are probably asked to present the photo and maybe fill names on a preprinted template. A clerk probably checks to see that the form is filled out correctly, that the client is sure that the picture is the right one and then charges the appropriate fee and issues a receipt. The same person probably does this 100 times a day, sees a hundred pictures a day.

For the longest time Jimmy Wanjigi never showed himself in the public, in fact the very first picture of him was published during Jacob Juma's funeral so although he may think he is important, he is not necessarily famous and there are many Kenyans who do not know him or know what he looks like.
Julie
#232 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:04:53 PM

I certainly would not have recognized him.
murchr
#233 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:45:43 PM

A very tasteless joke.
"There are only two emotions in the market, hope & fear. The problem is you hope when you should fear & fear when you should hope: - Jesse Livermore
FRM2011
#234 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 5:53:24 PM

Kusadikika wrote:
I do not see how anyone can blame the Daily Nation for publishing the obituary. It is not as if the obituary section is ran by a group of forensic experts who have to ascertain that the obituary being presented for publication is indeed for someone who is actually dead. I have never been there but I suspect the process of getting an obituary published is rather simple and straight forward. You probably are asked to choose a size, maybe color, I would guess maybe the page. You are probably asked to present the photo and maybe fill names on a preprinted template. A clerk probably checks to see that the form is filled out correctly, that the client is sure that the picture is the right one and then charges the appropriate fee and issues a receipt. The same person probably does this 100 times a day, sees a hundred pictures a day.

For the longest time Jimmy Wanjigi never showed himself in the public, in fact the very first picture of him was published during Jacob Juma's funeral so although he may think he is important, he is not necessarily famous and there are many Kenyans who do not know him or know what he looks like.

You are right and wrong at the same time. Right because nation can navigate this mess legally. Wrong because reputation risk is never about legality but perceived right/wrong. The staff who key in obituaries are not like you and me. They have done it thousands of times. Ditto their editor. And that is why they should be able to pick up that one obituary that "feels" odd. The burial date for example was a dead give-away. Someone would have picked up the name Kwacha. Nation did a serialisation of Wanjigi last year under the banner, "state capture". While he is unknown outside, inside NMG, he is a well known name.

I worked for a tier-1 bank at some point in my life. A customer wrote in the cutting edge that they had been given a fake 1,000 note in a certain branch. Those days there was no social media. The bank responded that it was the duty of the customer to confirm that he received genuine notes before leaving the bank. A legally perfect response. The avalanche of responses in the cutting edge left the bank with egg all over its face. We had to write an apology and compensate that customer. But the damage was done. Todate, the policy in that bank is that the manager weighs the veracity of such claims by customers and the default reaction is to compensate. Luckily, they are very few.
Ngalaka
#235 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:04:52 PM

Kusadikika wrote:

I concur 100%
Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
washiku
#236 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:05:06 PM

Wah...These political streets can get really dirty, really really dirty.Sad
alma1
#237 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 7:33:47 PM

The fake news shithole news group Nation has suggested that this is the fool who paid for that childish ad

Notice I can't even quote them directly.

Kili
#238 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 8:09:16 PM

hardwood wrote:
kaka2za wrote:
RIP Mr Wanjagi.

Those without dual citizenship will be deported to makueni.

d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!
masukuma
#239 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 8:34:06 PM

alma1 wrote:
The fake news shithole news group Nation has suggested that this is the fool who paid for that childish ad

Notice I can't even quote them directly.

it was Jimmy WANJAGI Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
Enyewe Kenya ni nchi ya mafia!!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Nandwa
#240 Posted : Wednesday, February 07, 2018 8:41:18 PM

All said and done...
What crime has this guy committed?
Just as absolute power corrupts leaders, so does absolute fanaticism blind the people from logic