#2301 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 4:32:29 PM

murchr wrote:
madollar wrote:
Not talking
FULL TO CAPACITY

I was dying with Covid-19, but no hospital would admit me

Robert Kariuki, gasping for breath, spent 48 hours begging for a bed

Quote:
From here, my friend drove me to Nairobi West Hospital.

They also took temperatures at the gate. It was 39.5 degrees. I presented my admission letter to the medics outside. After consulting with a doctor inside the facility, they said their isolation unit was full.

I stepped out of the car and leaned on it and begged with them to admit me, but they said their wards were full. I even begged to use a toilet but they refused. God, what do I do now?

It was clear I might have Covid-19. I had heard media reports that KU (Kenyatta University Teaching, Research and Referral) Hospital was full.

But I was still going to try. So I decided to go rest at home, pick up clothes and travel there the following day.

At 7pm I was running out of breath, sweating and feverish. I was rushed to Avenue Hospital because I had been treated there in the past.

This is why people are dying. Are the hospitals full or they just dont want to deal

Watu waendele tu na mchezo... knowing our health care system. Just needlessly rolling the dice by engaging in activities that make you predisposed to catching Covid... tuendelee. Nywele ngumu Yetu iko na ujinga. Ona Coast and Mandera wana control Hii kitu but ujinga wetu hatuwezi ambilika. Hatusikii! Ujuaji!
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
alma1
#2302 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 5:05:28 PM

masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
madollar wrote:
Not talking
FULL TO CAPACITY

Quote:

They also took temperatures at the gate. It was 39.5 degrees. I presented my admission letter to the medics outside. After consulting with a doctor inside the facility, they said their isolation unit was full.

I stepped out of the car and leaned on it and begged with them to admit me, but they said their wards were full. I even begged to use a toilet but they refused. God, what do I do now?

It was clear I might have Covid-19. I had heard media reports that KU (Kenyatta University Teaching, Research and Referral) Hospital was full.

But I was still going to try. So I decided to go rest at home, pick up clothes and travel there the following day.

At 7pm I was running out of breath, sweating and feverish. I was rushed to Avenue Hospital because I had been treated there in the past.

This is why people are dying. Are the hospitals full or they just dont want to deal

Watu waendele tu na mchezo... knowing our health care system. Just needlessly rolling the dice by engaging in activities that make you predisposed to catching Covid... tuendelee. Nywele ngumu Yetu iko na ujinga. Ona Coast and Mandera wana control Hii kitu but ujinga wetu hatuwezi ambilika. Hatusikii! Ujuaji!

Maybe that's the messaging Kenyans listen to.

There is no hospital for you.

Utangangana na covid yako na watoto wako nyumbani.
Thieves are not good people. Tumeelewana?

mpobiz
#2303 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:24:19 PM

alma1 wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
madollar wrote:
Not talking
FULL TO CAPACITY

Quote:

But that's what I have been preaching here herd immunity and once infected we treat this thing at home. Corona ni homa tu.
Politics is just things to keep the people divided and foolish and put your trust in men and none of them can do nothing for you...
FRM2011
#2304 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 10:09:10 PM

I met a real co-vidiot recently and I gave up on kenyans.

This is a dude with whom we sit in a school BoM. A well established contractor with over 100 guys on his payroll in several projects. Convinced covid is government's ploy to get donor funds.

When he told me there is no covid-19, it occurred to me that perhaps we need to encounter a nasty phase of the epidemic for kenyans to start taking it seriously.

Between 1995-2000, nobody was doubting the seriousness of HiV.

Once we start dropping dead like flies, then we have an adult conversation.

For now, may the best immunity win.
masukuma
#2305 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2020 10:24:06 PM

mpobiz wrote:
alma1 wrote:
masukuma wrote:
murchr wrote:
madollar wrote:
Not talking
FULL TO CAPACITY

Quote:

But that's what I have been preaching here herd immunity and once infected we treat this thing at home. Corona ni homa tu.

not everyone gets outcomes like yours... it's gonna get worse before it gets better.
alma1
#2306 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 6:23:58 AM

FRM2011 wrote:
I met a real co-vidiot recently and I gave up on kenyans.

This is a dude with whom we sit in a school BoM. A well established contractor with over 100 guys on his payroll in several projects. Convinced covid is government's ploy to get donor funds.

When he told me there is no covid-19, it occurred to me that perhaps we need to encounter a nasty phase of the epidemic for kenyans to start taking it seriously.

Between 1995-2000, nobody was doubting the seriousness of HiV.

Once we start dropping dead like flies, then we have an adult conversation.

For now, may the best immunity win.

Problem I have with this thing is that you can be laughing with someone on Monday and he's not here on Thursday.

Covidiots are many...You don't have to go very far from wazua to get them

Funny thing is that now even the major covidiot Trump has started noticing hii sio mama yake.

There is no herd immunity.

If it hits you, all you can rely on is prayer. For some of us who don't pray often, it's not a very heartwarming idea.

Of course there are many who may survive.It's a 50/50 chance its not you.

I don't know about you, but I find it very hard to put my life and the future of my kids in the hands of Kenyan voters and covidiots like Mpobiz. But heck, everyone with their own choices.

masukuma
#2307 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 8:52:48 AM

Unfortunate and depressing

Don’t you for a moment forget that you live in a poor, corrupt 3rd world country. I reckon we shall be having more such stories coming up as the pandemic drags on.
aemathenge
#2308 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 11:01:33 AM

Covidiosy?

Sarcasm?

The Truth?

I simply don't know any more. The COVID-19 Pandemic has brought me this far.

Quote:
According to the Ministry of Health;

Tusker allowed Chinese flights to land at JKIA in the early days of the Covid crisis, endangering the whole country.

Pilsner stole test kits from Jack Ma and other countries, which would have assisted with early mass testing to contain the spread.

White Cap channelled Covid donor funds to offshore accounts it holds abroad.

Viceroy took away ICU beds across the country, diminished counties' capacity to procure isolation beds and left us all unprepared.

Guarana has run down the healthcare system, making our hospitals death traps even before Covid.

47 tots of Jack Daniels reign in the counties across the country, building huge houses for themselves and their mistresses, while their hospitals lack even bandages.

Kingfisher is the one that blacked out Malaria, HIV, Cancer, Pneumonia and Cholera, to make Covid the extravaganza, as people die of other ailments.

Snapp is sending politicians to huge gatherings where nobody wears masks and curfews are broken.

Four Cousins are wearing their masks on the chin.

Cellar Cask has denied health workers PPEs, putting them and their families at risk.

Gilbeys ran down the country and caused the poverty and joblessness that has weakened the immunity of the population and made people vulnerable to Covid-19.

Yeah, let's blame alcohol and bars.

Source Link From Facebook

As usual, the comments, in the comments section of this post, are to die for, if you can forgive the pan.
masukuma
#2309 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 11:08:46 AM

aemathenge wrote:
Covidiosy?

Sarcasm?

The Truth?

Quote:

Tusker allowed Chinese flights to land at JKIA in the early days of the Covid crisis, endangering the whole country.

Pilsner stole test kits from Jack Ma and other countries, which would have assisted with early mass testing to contain the spread.

Viceroy took away ICU beds across the country, diminished counties' capacity to procure isolation beds and left us all unprepared.

Guarana has run down the healthcare system, making our hospitals death traps even before Covid.

47 tots of Jack Daniels reign in the counties across the country, building huge houses for themselves and their mistresses, while their hospitals lack even bandages.

Kingfisher is the one that blacked out Malaria, HIV, Cancer, Pneumonia and Cholera, to make Covid the extravaganza, as people die of other ailments.

Snapp is sending politicians to huge gatherings where nobody wears masks and curfews are broken.

Cellar Cask has denied health workers PPEs, putting them and their families at risk.

Gilbeys ran down the country and caused the poverty and joblessness that has weakened the immunity of the population and made people vulnerable to Covid-19.

As usual, the comments, in the comments section of this post, are to die for, if you can forgive the pan.

Does it matter? I am officially scared for my folks and older relatives. We had a chance to protect them but we have dropped the ball and screwed up this one so badly. Nyinyi mulikuwa mnatukana Akina Brenda and Margie wa Glory... mutawish you were them...
Bigchick
#2310 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:48:16 PM

aemathenge wrote:
Covidiosy?

Sarcasm?

The Truth?

Quote:

Not sure if there is humour in there.

I feel its below Wazua standards,cheap perhaps when looking at it relative to the seriousness of the pandemic at hand.Anyway maybe am slow

ION does anyone think/believe if that infamous flight from China did not land here we would be having zero COVID cases?

Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
alma1
#2311 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 12:50:21 PM

Bigchick wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Covidiosy?

Sarcasm?

The Truth?

Quote:

I feel its below Wazua standards,cheap perhaps when looking at it relative to the seriousness of the pandemic at hand.Anyway maybe am slow

ION does anyone think/believe if that infamous flight from China did not land here we would be having zero COVID cases?

Covid cases in Kenya did not start from China.

They came from the UK and Dubai.

masukuma
#2312 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:17:42 PM

Bigchick wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Covidiosy?

Sarcasm?

The Truth?

Quote:

I actually do! These people synthesize the genes of the virus and trace it’s origin. The strains that came to Kenya came from Dubai and UK. Especially Dubai.
kmucheke
#2313 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:47:19 PM

International air passengers exempted from quarrantine and curfew
Quote:
Transport Cabinet secretary James Macharia last week also exempted passengers and tourists arriving in the country from mandatory quarantine if they do not show any symptoms of Covid-19.

“All passengers shall be exempted from quarantine on arrival at their destinations if their body temperatures are not above 37.5 degrees Celsius and they do not have a persistent cough, difficulty in breathing and other flu-like symptoms,” Mr Macharia said last week.

The decision is part of a strategy aimed at restoring Kenya’s economy, which has been hit hard by Covid-19, slowing to 2.5 percent growth this year from 5.4 percent previously. Tourism alone, which is one of the key pillars of the economy, incurred losses amounting to Sh85 billion.
Bigchick
#2314 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:50:53 PM

masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Covidiosy?

Sarcasm?

The Truth?

Quote:

I actually do! These people synthesize the genes of the virus and trace it’s origin. The strains that came to Kenya came from Dubai and UK. Especially Dubai.

Am talking about that unfamous flight with 236 passengers in March.If it did not land here or we had closed our air space,would there be COVID in Kenya?
Love is beautiful and so are those who share it.With Love, Marriage is an amazing event in ones life time, the foundation of joy, happiness and success.
alma1
#2315 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 1:56:44 PM

Bigchick wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Covidiosy?

Sarcasm?

The Truth?

Quote:

Am talking about that unfamous flight with 236 passengers in March.If it did not land here or we had closed our air space,would there be COVID in Kenya?

Yes

To make you think a bit...All of them decided to leave later after they claimed Kenya was too dangerous for them.

Tafakari hayo.

Hii chinda ni yetu tu. Tumejiletea na tunaisambaza wenyewe...Not shainese

masukuma
#2316 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:18:35 PM

Bigchick wrote:
masukuma wrote:
Bigchick wrote:
aemathenge wrote:
Covidiosy?

Sarcasm?

The Truth?

Quote:

Yes... people are able to trace where each virus came from (they mutate) and via the sythesis of these viruses and trace where the cases you have came from... Ours is Europe and Middle East.

The Covid case in Kenya were brought by Nywele ngumu like you and me! these are the people you brought into your houses and hugged. I am 99.9% sure its not those people. Don't you remember people shouting down chinese people? no one wanted to be associated with them.

Yes... the only countries without recordsed Covid cases are islands. Even countries like Sierra Leone which closed their borders before any reported case internally have over 1000 reported cases. There was no way to evade the bullet but our recklessness is making a bad situation worse.
masukuma
#2317 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:21:38 PM

kmucheke wrote:
Quote:
Transport Cabinet secretary James Macharia last week also exempted passengers and tourists arriving in the country from mandatory quarantine if they do not show any symptoms of Covid-19.

“All passengers shall be exempted from quarantine on arrival at their destinations if their body temperatures are not above 37.5 degrees Celsius and they do not have a persistent cough, difficulty in breathing and other flu-like symptoms,” Mr Macharia said last week.

The decision is part of a strategy aimed at restoring Kenya’s economy, which has been hit hard by Covid-19, slowing to 2.5 percent growth this year from 5.4 percent previously. Tourism alone, which is one of the key pillars of the economy, incurred losses amounting to Sh85 billion.

Quote:

That there will be no mandatory quarantine for passengers arriving into the country if they do not exhibit any flu symptoms
That airline crews who do not display flu-like symptoms will also be exempted from quarantine
That only travelers with valid tickets will be allowed access in the airports; that all foreign travelers must have Covid-19 free certificates upon arrival.

kmucheke
#2318 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 2:31:56 PM

masukuma wrote:
kmucheke wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

That there will be no mandatory quarantine for passengers arriving into the country if they do not exhibit any flu symptoms
That airline crews who do not display flu-like symptoms will also be exempted from quarantine
That only travelers with valid tickets will be allowed access in the airports; that all foreign travelers must have Covid-19 free certificates upon arrival.

Thank you for the clarification. It seem Business Daily misquoted the CS.
Quote:
Chairman of the Kenya Tourism Federation Mohammed Hersi however says that the CS is being misquoted. “Passengers cannot be allowed to board an airplane without showing the Covid-19 free certificate. Meaning, those already coming in have been cleared,” Hersi said
Bigchick
#2319 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 3:02:10 PM

Its getting slippery in other parts of the world.

We need divine intervention as the vaccine/cure is being sort.

https://www.nation.co.ke...an-streets-homes-1904368
masukuma
#2320 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2020 7:51:59 PM

Bigchick wrote:
Its getting slippery in other parts of the world.

We need divine intervention as the vaccine/cure is being sort.

https://www.nation.co.ke...n-streets-homes-1904368

Don’t worry waafrika ni waHard