wazua Fri, Jul 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

23 Pages«<910111213>»
Mumias FY 2014
MaichBlack
#201 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 8:27:49 AM

Fyatu wrote:
I visited tuskys yesterday (a mashinani one) and made a very interesting observation. Most shoppers were buying jogoo, exe, and even hostess(ignoring pembe, taifa etc) as far as flour was concerned. When it came to sugar most were buying the clean and white Sony sugar ignoring that ugly-looking-tuskys-branded sugar, suggesting Kenyans know their brands and want to use them at home. The question to ask is why is mumias sugar not on the shelves? It used to be the clean white(no pun) sugar that everyone was piling on their baskets. Guys at Mumias must pull up their socks. When is the last time a Mumias sugar ad came on tv,radio, newspaper or even social media? Its either management is full of 'akili za kukus' i mean chicken brains or this is clear sabotage

Was at Nakumatt on Sunday and also straight away noticed Mumias Sugar was missing on the shelves. What happened to all the stock that was apparently in stores due to the flooding of the market with cheap sugar.
Never count on making a good sale. Have the purchase price be so attractive that even a mediocre sale gives good returns.
RearView
#202 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 9:47:01 AM

MaichBlack wrote:
Fyatu wrote:
I visited tuskys yesterday (a mashinani one) and made a very interesting observation. Most shoppers were buying jogoo, exe, and even hostess(ignoring pembe, taifa etc) as far as flour was concerned. When it came to sugar most were buying the clean and white Sony sugar ignoring that ugly-looking-tuskys-branded sugar, suggesting Kenyans know their brands and want to use them at home. The question to ask is why is mumias sugar not on the shelves? It used to be the clean white(no pun) sugar that everyone was piling on their baskets. Guys at Mumias must pull up their socks. When is the last time a Mumias sugar ad came on tv,radio, newspaper or even social media? Its either management is full of 'akili za kukus' i mean chicken brains or this is clear sabotage

Was at Nakumatt on Sunday and also straight away noticed Mumias Sugar was missing on the shelves. What happened to all the stock that was apparently in stores due to the flooding of the market with cheap sugar.

I made the same observation, had to pick sony. Has the factory not opened yet?
mlennyma
#203 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 9:56:01 AM

Mumias is dead on paper, wat remains is for the shareholders to confirm that state or propose a rescue plan and the management called them so that they are not blamed for killing the company without the owners node.
"Don't let the fear of losing be greater than the excitement of winning."
Ericsson
#204 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 10:08:34 AM

Sony is the new kid on the block and filling the vacuum and shoes left by the demise of Mumias sugar.
Wealth is built through a relatively simple equation
Wealth=Income + Investments - Lifestyle
HaMaina
#205 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 10:35:28 AM

Ericsson wrote:
Sony is the new kid on the block and filling the vacuum and shoes left by the demise of Mumias sugar.

But Sony is Government owned and will be up for sale soon, all that's going on is psychological defeat of the masses. ( That's a personal opinion )

http://www.standardmedia...s-comesa-deadline-looms

“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
streetwise
#206 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 3:12:15 PM

As for me not seen any Sony sugar but that blue one of Nakumatt and no other brand. And I am not reading anything into this yet
VituVingiSana
#207 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 5:29:21 PM

HaMaina wrote:
The final week to the AGM is finally here, soon we shall know if we shall have a beer with smiles on our faces or with tears in our eyes, either way we shall have a beer.
smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray
When and where is the AGM?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
mawinder
#208 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 6:16:14 PM

RearView wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

You are too Nairobised, you must realize that Mumias mostly bags its sugar in 50kg bags and not those 2kg and 1 kg packs for people like you!!!!!!!!!
streetwise
#209 Posted : Tuesday, December 02, 2014 8:48:54 PM

Say that again. Not heard before
HaMaina
#210 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:43:32 AM

VituVingiSana wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
The final week to the AGM is finally here, soon we shall know if we shall have a beer with smiles on our faces or with tears in our eyes, either way we shall have a beer.
smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray smile Pray
When and where is the AGM?

Please follow the link.
http://www.mumias-sugar....hp?page=news-and-events

“You can get in way more trouble with a good idea than a bad idea, because you forget that the good idea has limits.” - Ben Graham
whiteowl
#211 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 8:45:43 AM

mawinder wrote:
RearView wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

You are too Nairobised, you must realize that Mumias mostly bags its sugar in 50kg bags and not those 2kg and 1 kg packs for people like you!!!!!!!!!

Ati nini? Laughing out loudly
RearView
#212 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 10:16:42 AM

mawinder wrote:
RearView wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Is that so?
HaMaina
#213 Posted : Wednesday, December 03, 2014 10:49:44 AM

mawinder wrote:
RearView wrote:
MaichBlack wrote:
Fyatu wrote:

Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Try not to buy Sukari Pima and maybe you shall make more reasonable comments. Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you Shame on you
HaMaina
#214 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 10:34:02 AM

All the best to all those on this ship.
HaMaina
#215 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 11:23:55 AM

HaMaina wrote:

young farmer
#216 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 11:41:46 AM

HaMaina wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

Thinking to board this Mbus
HaMaina
#217 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 11:50:26 AM

young farmer wrote:
HaMaina wrote:
HaMaina wrote:

Thinking to board this Mbus

The company should stop talking, and start working.
http://www.the-star.co.k...h32b-tana-sugar-project
streetwise
#218 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 12:43:42 PM

Thought this was news from the AGM ...what a waste..is it today
Gatheuzi
#219 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 1:08:53 PM

streetwise wrote:

AGM is tommorrow.
Time is money, so money is time. Money saved is time gained in reverse! Money stores your life’s energy. You expend your energy, get paid money, and store that money for a future purchase made in a currency.
HaMaina
#220 Posted : Friday, December 05, 2014 2:02:32 PM

Gatheuzi wrote:
streetwise wrote:

AGM is tommorrow.

Today is 5th, tomorrow is 6th.

http://www.mumias-sugar....age=press-media-relases