wazua Mon, Jul 1, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

22 Pages«<910111213>»
Facebook IPO
jonna
#201 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 8:08:09 AM

The phone thing was i don't know how long and there was also the issue of people logging via facebook if they want to use the internet.
Energy.
jonna
#202 Posted : Friday, August 10, 2012 8:09:13 AM

The phone thing was i don't know how long and there was also the issue of people logging via facebook if they want to use the internet.
Energy.
hisah
#203 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 6:55:39 AM

Best FB analyst is from Kazakhstan... Bloomberg still has his price target of $24s as a sell target on Faceberg's IPO listing @ $38.

http://www.forbes.com/si...ve-to-go-to-kazakhstan/

Currently faceberg trades at $19.87. Yesterday the IPO lock up expired and more hammering is on the way. Dustbin stock this. My target still remains $10 and below. Zynga is the windsock for the faceberg flight...

http://www.mercurynews.c...cord-low-lockup-expires

Thanks to faceberg, shorting has never been an easy game esp when going vs shark banksters... But truth be told, faceberg has killed many wanjikus aka muppets!
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
Jamani
#204 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 1:37:06 PM

Facebook shares have hit a record low after a “lock-up” period that prevented some insiders from selling their stakes came to an end.
Shares in the social media network plunged to a session low of $19.69 in New York, almost half their listing price of $38. They hit a high of $45 on the first day of dealing.

Meanwhile, investors have been concerned about the way the company could monetise it mobile application. Facebook’s pre-IPO document said that: “We do not directly generate any meaningful revenue from mobile, and our ability to do so successfully is unproven.”
There are also concerns that the company cannot continue to grow its new users at its previous expansion rate, especially since it was revealed two weeks ago that 83m accounts on the social network were fake. These included duplicate profiles, spam accounts and pages for users’ pets.
The shares were down $1.03, or 5pc, at $20.17 in late trading.

http://uk.finance.yahoo....-low-lock-184808500.html
hisah
#205 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 5:52:48 PM

Mark Zuckerberg admits Facebook stock tumble is 'painful' to watch...

Poor wanjikus Sad

http://www.telegraph.co....s-painful-to-watch.html

Quote:
He was forced to acknowledge Facebook’s “painful” stock market hammering, however, to employees whose options were issued at a higher price than the shares are currently trading at. Many remain unable to trade their share as a series of lock-in periods remain in force.
$15/barrel oil... The commodities lehman moment arrives as well as Sovereign debt volcano!
hisah
#206 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 5:54:48 PM

Today I expect faceberg to close below the $19 handle...
hisah
#207 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2012 6:18:59 PM

Facebook IPO cost UBS $350 Million in Q2 ended June 30th 2012. Back then the FB price was @31.09. 47 days later with the current price at $19.03, the share price has tanked 38.8%. If the statusquo remains until Sept 30 2012 (Q3 window close) and UBS is still holding on faceberg, UBS will be staring at $483 million in losses from faceberg. Ouch! Serious PPT action will be required to stick-save the strong sagging momentum from $38 listing price. This is an incredible task even for the seasoned PPT!?

So far 90 days later, the stock is almost 50% down from listing price and 57.4% from the high of $45.

Britank IPO riders send heartfelt condolences to faceberg riders. Stay strong...
Thiong'o
#208 Posted : Saturday, August 18, 2012 9:22:52 AM

Forget Apple, Forget Facebook: Here's The One Company That Actually Terrifies Google Execs
http://finance.yahoo.com...ok-heres-184209532.html
hisah
#209 Posted : Tuesday, August 21, 2012 11:26:03 PM

Peter Thiel almost sells out of FB... Seed investor fleeing the titanic I guess...

http://mashable.com/2012...el-sells-facebook-stock/
hisah
#210 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 6:53:34 AM

Some sanity comparison...

Apple stock @ $656 with a P/E of 15 with future earnings looking robust.

FB stock @ $19.16 with a P/E of 40 with questionable future earnings.

Quite simple.

Why is LinkedIn 65% up? They charge for premium services. Faceberg needs to find a way to charge mobile content. If they do will mobile users pay or flee? Currently Mr Market sees the latter.
hisah
#211 Posted : Wednesday, August 22, 2012 5:58:54 PM

hisah wrote:
Rollout wrote:
hisah wrote:
@Rollout - what is your short target? $20. Me thinks this thing should go sub $10. I don't see its value at all...

I started shorting once it hit $40 last friday, I will be doing it until they lock me out, which I think they'll very soon, I will start deliverying the stocks on Thurday, my plan is to cover all my short positions before 1pm on thurday and go long on the same stock thurday afternoon because alot of shortsellers will be deliverying the stock around that time so there will be a small rally in the afternoon of thurday as more people buy the stock and cover their short positions.

Facebook will be trading at between $23-$27 by Tuesday next week! Good bless facebook!

I still think $23 is too high for this thing. As you say the short covering will bounce it, but my outlook 4-6 months is this thing will be sub $20. What stops FB from experiencing the same fate as MySpace? How unique is it not to be replicated? Where is the value coming from? What are its assets? People's photos & status?

As @youcant says KE retails got it rough with Britak & Safaricom hype IPO's? I expect FB to remain sub IPO price for a long time.

Stated back in May 22nd post 113. I hope @nabwire bailed out a long time ago...

@rollout - hope you kept shorting like I did...
hisah
#212 Posted : Saturday, August 25, 2012 9:39:53 AM

hisah wrote:
Some sanity comparison...

Apple stock @ $656 with a P/E of 15 with future earnings looking robust.

FB stock @ $19.16 with a P/E of 40 with questionable future earnings.

Quite simple.

Why is LinkedIn 65% up? They charge for premium services. Faceberg needs to find a way to charge mobile content. If they do will mobile users pay or flee? Currently Mr Market sees the latter.

Samsung to pay Apple $1 billion for patent infringement.

http://bit.ly/R8JC8k

youcan'tstopusnow
#213 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 3:59:06 PM

Why Twitter Will Live And Facebook Will Die

http://www.forbes.com/si...-and-facebook-will-die/
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
youcan'tstopusnow
#214 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2012 5:05:58 PM

3 Reasons Why There's No Measuring ROI On Social Media

http://www.forbes.com/si...ng-roi-on-social-media/
GOD BLESS YOUR LIFE
Nabwire
#215 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 10:22:29 PM

Hisah I never bought FB stock to begin with, my stocks were under water. I still believe in FB though, I think they just need to tweak a few things like most people hate the timeline and cant opt out. But they have alot going for them like Nike Plus, Spotify, Angry birds apps etc, they also now have a dating thing, which could have enormous potential given their 850 million customer base. I think eople are jstwishing Zuckerberg ill coz he's this smart rich kid, it takes alot of work to take a project off the ground. I have a kid in my class who is working on an app for linking people interested in soccer for example, with a park thats ready and available, kd is straight out of high school, spent the whole summer in some GE lab working on his app, and now is in talks with Apple. To think when he finally makes it big, people will just want to tear him down, not knowing how much sacrifice it took to get there. For that reason im team Zuckerberg, digital marketing is the future.
Rolldrunk
#216 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:07:38 PM

@ Nabwire, facebook is actually trading close to the initial IPO valuation price therefore nothing is wrong with facebook as at now, but I still think it could be down to $15 and settle around that for the next 12-18 months.

I am done with facebook for now but I think Zuckerberg should and will have to step aside as a CEO to let a professional run the company, but if he will stay, the guy should put on a suit! This is not a joke! Otherwise Facebook have smart people and I believe in them but I think Mark will not be able to run the company.

Drunkard aka Rollout
Nabwire
#217 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:15:38 PM

You are looking at the price of the stock, Im looking at the value of the company, mainly 850 million users. A suit does not make one a great leader, Steve Jobs???
Rolldrunk
#218 Posted : Thursday, August 30, 2012 11:39:02 PM

When the company is doing good a suit doesn't matter but when it is not, people get offended by things like that. Steve Job was a different person and Apple had an actually product to sell, Facebook don't have an actual product to sell yet so until they can figure out what to do with 850 Million users, we're still buying Mark's dream and he better be impressive.
hisah
#219 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:40:13 PM

@Nabwire - oh, I thought you got into the IPO hype. Like @rolldrunk aka Drunkard aka Rollout has stated above, faceberg got no tangible product to be valued at this lofty level. I still don't see how they'll churn huge turnovers if they can't monetize mobile traffic now or 10 yrs later. That's my only red flag, 850 million users or whatever. May target still remains $10 or lower or until they ban short selling on it!

Facebook Stock Hits A New Low, Now Down More Than 50% Since IPO - http://techcrunch.com/20...more-than-50-since-ipo/

Quote:
Facebook’s stock just hit a new low and has now lost more than 50% of its value since the social network’s IPO in May. This new record low comes after analyst firm BMO Capital Markets cut its price estimate on the company’s shares from $25 to $15 today. Research firm eMarketer also just announced that it expects Facebook’s revenue for this year will remain under the company’s previous estimates. eMarkteter now predicts that Facebook’s ad revenue will reach $4.23 billion for 2012. That’s up 34% from 2011, but eMarkter previously estimated that Facebook could reach ad revenues of up to $5 billion this year.

And the public funds got screwed too.

Public pension funds stung by Facebook's falling stock - http://www.news-journalo...ooks-falling-stock.html

Quote:
Wall Street investors aren't the only ones feeling the sting of Facebook Inc.'s falling stock: So are some of the country's troubled government pension funds.

Public employee retirement funds from around the country took part in the Menlo Park, Calif., social networking juggernaut's May 18 initial public offering and plowed millions of dollars into Facebook stock before its value plunged.

Facebook shares continued their decline Friday, falling $1.03, or 5.4 percent, to a record low of $18.06, or less than half their $38 offering price.

hisah
#220 Posted : Tuesday, September 04, 2012 1:48:57 PM