wazua Fri, Sep 27, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Zuku Just Super
alma
#1 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 11:07:18 AM

I have complained about some so called Kenyan ISP. I actually thought that this issues with isp's will never end.

However, in came zuku broadband.

For the past 3 months I have experienced what is I consider sheer orgasmic customer care.

Absolutely superb.

Heck, its even cheaper than the 3 bob calls a minute.

I want to thank the customer support team and especially one Mutua and another Aaron for making me believe that Kenyans are super once again.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
inf8nity
#2 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 11:13:11 AM

Haha! Alma are you sure they aren't paying you for this?smile Personally i haven't tried zuku but the reviews I've been hearing and reading aren't encouraging. d'oh!

If i get ten more reviews like yours i'll sure give it a try!Laughing out loudly
kyt
#3 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 11:24:58 AM

two different opinions two people, guess one mans meat is another man's poison.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO, DO WHAT YOU LOVE.
gathinga
#4 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 12:21:36 PM

alma wrote:
I have complained about some so called Kenyan ISP. I actually thought that this issues with isp's will never end.

However, in came zuku broadband.

For the past 3 months I have experienced what is I consider sheer orgasmic customer care.

Absolutely superb.

Heck, its even cheaper than the 3 bob calls a minute.

I want to thank the customer support team and especially one Mutua and another Aaron for making me believe that Kenyans are super once again.

perfect sales pitch
KulaRaha
#5 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 12:27:30 PM

Alma, you used to swear by Access I recall....
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
alma
#6 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 2:19:36 PM

@kularaha I have never sworn by access. Never had them. My neighbour did.

I tried zuku and its perfect...that is in comparison with the alternatives.

i have used safcom, orange, zain, and zuku. They all have their issues. From too expensive to dropped connections. The other provider that will remain nameless is not worthy to be called a provider but a useless promulgation of useless people.

@infinity I agree completely with ur sentiment. I have realized that before you pick your provider, ask your immediate neighbors. Set up shop in their office or home for a few days if you can. The providers are only good in some areas and terrible in another area. so pick your poison. Just one poison you should totally avoid and you know which it is.

My concern is more on customer service. Good service is an anathema for these companies so I tend to like those that provide good customer care.

@gathinga I hope it is a sales pitch. They deserve it. I promised wazua that I would write back my experiences with these companies. So there it is! The perfect sales pitch from probably the best customer care I have ever received in this country.
Jose: If I make it through this thug life, I'll see you one day. The Lord is the only way to stop the hurt.
My 2 cents
#7 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 4:31:32 PM

If this is true, what a turn around. I have only heard negative things said about Zuku.
inf8nity
#8 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 4:36:04 PM

@Kularaha as for me I can swear by Access any day I have been using them for over a year now. Well its the only devil I know!

@ Alma would you at least care to elaborate on the great customer care you talking about (e.g. what exactly they did for you) so that we can know what we are missing on our end... and try to demand it!smile
Otivo
#9 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 5:29:59 PM

I totally concur!

Zuku might not have world-class service, but their customer care is out of this world. I have had them for more than a year and a half and I have never had a reason to complain.
msotoville
#10 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 6:29:57 PM

Zuku works in two places; where there are no trees or where there are no highrise buildings.

At least that's what I experienced at both office and home. Sure, those clowns in customer care belt out their usual BS...like they are reading from a script; and while you are suffering bila internet those idiots are laughing all the way to the bank juu wamekalia deposit yako.

Zuku is hopeless. Hata afadhali smoke signals! Nkt!
So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
qw25041985
#11 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 7:19:23 PM

i also need to read ten more reviews like this to believe it.This is just a sales pitch. Nice try homie.And whynt do a sales pitch on a public forum.Perfect combination.
i am also not encouraged by the poor reviews i read online.This guyz need to style up.!!!!!!!!!!!
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
murenj
#12 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 8:00:53 PM

lets discuss speeds and pricing here. I am in a desperate need of a cheap but reliable internet provider
radio
#13 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 8:30:51 PM

ZUKU 256Kbps for Kes 1600 per month looked good but with this poor reviews l need more convincing!

Do you mean its impossible for me to get affordable and reliable internet services at home?
holycow
#14 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 8:33:50 PM

Sorry to burst your bubbble. Read the links below.
COMPLAINT 1
COMPLAINT 2
COMPLAINT 3

Had a colleague who paid for 1Mbps in May but seems he was allocated lower bandwidth. To correct this was an issue. The routers were also out of stock so, they kept telling him to wait as they were sourced. The customer care/Front Office is crap(full of dumb blondes). The technicians on the other hand are very efficient and friendly, but since one with a complaint has to first deal with the dumb blondes before getting the actual help, its discouraging.

On a positive note, if the sytems gets configured well, its superb and pretty FAST but if it goes down, hard luck.
sheep
#15 Posted : Friday, September 03, 2010 10:36:57 PM

Safcon gonna win here again...wimax is almost here...but credo itakuwa ikiisha kama vapour...until bharti unleashes theirs 5yrs to come.
The utimate goal of investing is to buy low sell high;if we re-write this core equation in psychology terms it becomes buy fear sell greed.
KulaRaha
#16 Posted : Saturday, September 04, 2010 5:51:23 PM

Im still on Tangerine.....and its been magic!! Minimal downtime, and in my compound full of Access guys, they ask to piggyback on my connection all the time!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Fellyinc
#17 Posted : Sunday, September 05, 2010 9:06:21 PM

Zuku kisha zunguka... Lol!
Credit and blame are rarely assigned in an objective or fair manner.
VituVingiSana
#18 Posted : Monday, September 06, 2010 1:54:46 AM

What of Flashcom? http://www.flashcom.co.k...ted_Internet_Poster.JPG

I understand they have a 2k/month offer too... Any idea about speeds?
Greedy when others are fearful. Very fearful when others are greedy - to paraphrase Warren Buffett
qw25041985
#19 Posted : Monday, September 06, 2010 2:24:24 AM

4 flashcom u have to have the pcs connection card as they are advertising there. This pcs connection card enable any flashcom subscriber to access flashcom's wireless network (asin get internet)from either the laptop or PC.They used to long ago require one to buy a desktop phone and a compatible sim card that can ONLY be used on their network but now i guess they have styled up and are embracing convince.
Card speeds : top speed: 144 Kbps, though 50-70 Kbps is more likely . so its inferior to 3G but i love the portability side of it.ALthough Orange beat them to the market first..
My deduction is that it may be slightly fast since not very many people have flashcom as their ISP. BUT i stick to my ORANGE .
BUT w/ their disastrious pricing i dont see what cn compensate for the high price...
Your future depends on your dreams so go to sleep !
alma
#20 Posted : Monday, September 06, 2010 10:06:58 AM

I find it very interesting when I get comments that imply that I am a zuku salesman.

I think that its obvious to all that I have major misgivings about the ability of these ISP's to do anything serious. However, it would be very wrong for me not to appreciate a good job done by a company.

I have stated my experience on this post with zuku. So if that annoys you that I could be happy paying peanuts for a good reliable connection. Pole sana...

I have posted somewhere else on my experience on another provider. It did not get better it just got worse. If that annoys you, pole sana.

So far, my experience with zuku has been a major surprise. It has been good in terms of the connectivity and super in terms of customer support.

As msotovile said, if that means that I am located where there are no trees and no high rise buildings. So be it. At least I have internet. And I'm not being fleeced at the same time.

For those shopping. Please understand that most of the people who posted above are employees of various companies. Do what we did to avoid heartache and paying excessively for internet connection.

1. Find the providers in your area
2. Ask in written form that they do provide services in your area
3. Ask your neighbour if they use the said providers
4. Test your neighbors connection - pls test it most people have no idea what they mean when they say the speeds are fast.
5. Locate their base stations in your area - If they are too far, avoid that provider-
6. CABLE, CABLE, CABLE - Ask when they will have cable in your area....This is more important than the ISP's are letting it known. If your ISP has no plans for cable in your area, and they keep on telling you stories about wimax etc, they will probably not make it through next year.
7. Test your neighbor's connection again
8. If you are being asked to pay for yearly contracts, RUN!
9. Now call your provider, make sure you write to them and copy to the salesperson and one of their boses.
10. enjoy good internet services without being fleeced by the so called good (read expensive) providers.