wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Raila's presidency
newfarer
#1 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 12:46:29 PM

I have a feeling that this man can make a very good president .Ie peoples president .He would want to please all especialy the poor and donors.He is hyper active when under pressure and can heed to the cry of the people.Did you see how he retreated when there was a cry on Tax payers money being used to fund the Yes campaign.I think with support he can bring this country to another level.Is he the president that Kenya never had upto now? How I yearn for his candidature.
punda amecheka
chepkel
#2 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 1:21:30 PM

We need a fresh breed of leaders.
Edge
#3 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 1:23:32 PM

Fiction
kingfisher
#4 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 1:30:04 PM

@newfarer.....ni mapema saaanaaa....ngojea 2012. These are red and green times.
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
tmatekwa
#5 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 4:50:45 PM

Yea. He seems to combine elements of a people's president and kibaki style of leadership. I like his vast international conections.......the britons consulted him on coalition affairs after which they pledged more developmental aid. But alas, we rather elect the rutos and kenyattas of kenya than railas..
DonBen
#6 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 5:15:52 PM

newfarer wrote:
I have a feeling that this man can make a very good president .Ie peoples president .He would want to please all especialy the poor and donors.He is hyper active when under pressure and can heed to the cry of the people.Did you see how he retreated when there was a cry on Tax payers money being used to fund the Yes campaign.I think with support he can bring this country to another level.Is he the president that Kenya never had upto now? How I yearn for his candidature.

Well said.

What happened in 2007 at KICC is no longer a secret. Dead voters topped up the numbers for one of the candidates.

The coalition was put in place to postpone the inauguration, in broad daylight and at Uhuru Park, of the duly elected president.

And btw, those saying 2012 may be surprised at what may take place after the referendum. It is possible and it is likely Kenyan could go to general elections anytime before 2012.
msotoville
#7 Posted : Monday, May 31, 2010 5:59:44 PM

newfarer wrote:

I'd rather vote for my trusty livestock back home than for any doofus PRESENTLY in government.

Misbegotten Miscreants, the lot of them.

I vouch we rid ourselves off these creatively bankrupt senior citizens and ship them off to nursing homes - the sooner, the better!

So nice that its nasty, so bangin' its busting,
So slick that its sick, so dope its disgusting!
African
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 3:20:45 AM

newfarer wrote:
I have a feeling that this man can make a very good president .Ie peoples president .He would want to please all especialy the poor and donors.He is hyper active when under pressure and can heed to the cry of the people.Did you see how he retreated when there was a cry on Tax payers money being used to fund the Yes campaign....
Yes, and that is because he has an eye on 2012. He is an iron fist. He has a propaganda machine like none you have seen before ... make him president and send me a whoa like a toddler out of there! I do not know who I want, but definitely not him. He scares me more than anything my mother had vision to warn me about.
sparkly
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 6:32:55 AM

Kalonzo for president. Who needs egoistic men of yester years, coup organizers? Its about service to the nation, healing relationships and development.
Life is short. Live passionately.
Njung'e
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 9:49:00 AM

DonBen[/quote wrote:

Well said.

What happened in 2007 at KICC is no longer a secret. Dead voters topped up the numbers for one of the candidates.

The coalition was put in place to postpone the inauguration, in broad daylight and at Uhuru Park, of the duly elected president.

And btw, those saying 2012 may be surprised at what may take place after the referendum. It is possible and it is likely Kenyan could go to general elections anytime before 2012.

Liar Liar Liar....Liar Liar
@DonBen,
The sooner you get over it the better.Show me one candidate with the exception of may Ng'ethe who did not stuff his boxes.Liar Liar
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
PONDI
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 10:53:36 AM

guka.... nazlin did not stuff any boxes either....probably because she couldn't afford it! seriously though a raila presidency is almost inevitable .... what with wiper goofing on a monthly basis, dude needs to hire new advisers and I hope his new PR guy is ontop of his game
Njung'e
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 11:10:38 AM

@Pondi,
I had forgotten herSad ...ouch!.I have no problem with a Raila presidency per se.I think what sickens is peopleShame on you talking about stolen elections yet,where they come from,RO's were chased away to facilitate stuffing thus turn outs above 100%.No need to throw good money after bad though but to cap it,where i come from they say,"Gutiri muici na mucuthiriria" (The thief and the watch keeper are all but one).
B.Timer
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 11:27:17 AM

If both were 'thieves', why do we need any thief in 2012 or ever after?

Anybody who was/is ready to sacrifice Kenya ( civil strife-2008) to get to "power", shouldnt dream of leading Kenya.
Dunia ni msongamano..
DonBen
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 1:36:20 PM

Njunge wrote:

Liar Liar Liar....Liar Liar
@DonBen,
The sooner you get over it the better.Show me one candidate with the exception of may Ng'ethe who did not stuff his boxes.Liar Liar

The intricate details of what happened prior and during the elections has been published on one or two occasions by the Standard. For example, the incumbent ignored IPPG agreements to appoint his own ECK Commissioners before the elections. He then went ahead and illegally commissioned a large team of APs to act as ECK returning officers in opposition strongholds. Their job was cut out of for them, some lost their lives; after this, there was the KICC fiasco of tallying presidential votes. It was a lengthy process of subversion of democracy that began much earlier.

This is something voters have gotten over already, but it is not something they will forget easily. I think the truth of what exactly happened will be known when this government leaves the scene and new one is elected.
Njung'e
#15 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 3:55:41 PM

@DonBen,
Get over it twice over dude and stop smoking stuff that you can't handle......Just when did "standard" become an "authority" in publishing the bible?
DonBen
#16 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 4:23:14 PM

Njunge wrote:
@DonBen,
Get over it twice over dude and stop smoking stuff that you can't handle......Just when did "standard" become an "authority" in publishing the bible?

Njunge spare me please. These things are in black and white on the Kriegler, Waki and KNHRC reports. Not forgetting the highly damaging professor Alstrom report on police extra judicial killings (read elimination of PEV witnesses) If you have the guts to open and read this, go ahead. But be warned....it is gory and gruesome, and guess what, it is the work of government!

http://www.nd.edu/~ndlaw...hr/news/FinalReport.pdf

Standard Media has done a great job of reminding us the fraud visited on us.

I hope you are not attempting to sweep that under the carpet.
Toxicity
#17 Posted : Tuesday, June 01, 2010 6:02:01 PM

i dont know but if it boils down to between raila and our current veep! i prefer raila a hundred times .........
update president set president = speaker where president is null
kadonye
#18 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 6:26:08 AM

Raila odinga is the most overhyped kenyan politician in kenya's history after from jomo kenyatta.He forms a party that is based on hatred of 1 tribe, proceeds to rig elections while in the opposition.smiles when 'enemy' kids and women r burnt to death in a church n brands them raiders,claims that he's visionary and the whole bunch of us believe him.Smart politician though.And why did we hav to vote Moi out if we were going to bring him back with another name?
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
nostoppingthis
#19 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 6:37:59 AM

@sparkly!! ati KalonzoShame on you Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly Laughing out loudly
nostoppingthis
#20 Posted : Wednesday, June 02, 2010 7:20:57 AM

@DonBen...the extrajudicial article you sent is really eye-opening, some of us underestimate what really happened during that time
@ All....looking at the politicians on hand, who would you rather gets the presidency? i'm assuming an outsider will not manage to clinch it