wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Is Kibaki in the NO camp?
Magigi
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:28:56 AM

I am slowly getting convinced that Kibaki is in the NO side. I am led to believe this after looking at how passionate Obama was about the Health bill which he had promised Americans as one his priorities when he comes to power. Obama was so passionate about seeing this bill pass that no amount of insults from the Republicans (Ku Klux Klan!) would have made him give up. The effort he put in made the bill go through.
1.Now back home, why hasn’t Kibaki made a roadside pronouncement and instructed the Treasury to release Ksh 200 million needed by COE for constitution education? Well, the Minister of Finance is Uhuru Kenyatta, the Permanent secretary is Mr Kinyua and the Governor of Central Bank is Mr Ndungu. All these are Kibaki’s appointments and close friends! \
2.Two. Can anybody tell me which side is Lucy Kibaki. I have not seen her or heard from her for a long time. The way I know her, she must be a NO person. I stand to be corrected on this. Knowing how much power she wields over her husband, would I be wrong to suggest that she is the one who is holding the key to the treasury?
3.Kibaki and Bishop Njue are age mates, friends and from the same church…. Ok…

I am smelling mischief here. The whole damn thing should just be called off. We can then continue with our corruption, slashing each other come 2012,etc. Meanwhile me and my family are relocating to Mogadisho, Somalia. It is safer there…
kingfisher
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:35:16 AM

@magigi...how do you know Lucy?
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Magigi
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 6:39:03 AM

@kingfisher;
...Kama Mama taifa...
KulaRaha
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:20:42 AM

hahahahhahaha conspiracy theory, but Magigi, you're prob right, although I think Kibaki doesnt even know himself whether yes or no!!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Tebes
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:50:13 AM

@ Magigi

True, something fishy is cooking and we might be in for more suprises. Remember the chronology of these events;

1. Wako takes 30 days sitting on a draft without making the supposed editions.
2. The words national Security is inserted on some of the draft copies
3. Justice Nyamu rushes back from the court of Appeal to make a ruling along with other High Court Judges to make a ruling on an issue petitioned 6 years back.
4. Despite funds for voter education having been budgeted for, the same has not been released by the treasury.

The above points to some powerful forces in govt opposed to the draft constitution. Who could these masked faces be?
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
mlefu
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 7:58:06 AM

wait till "Mathukuma" reads the thread and start to insert clauses and sections
Brewer
#7 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:16:55 AM

He would be joining many other Kenyans who are getting persuaded every passing day to vote NO.

We need to be discussing answers to the question "What if NO wins?"
KulaRaha
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:26:22 AM

if NO wins, we all lose. Do you think all the subvertive opposition to the constitution is for YOUR good, or for the good of the corrupt in power?
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
Brewer
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:33:49 AM

KulaRaha wrote:
if NO wins, we all lose...

How is that for a solution on 5th August 2010?

The No camp are in it as of right and genuinely believe they are right. And as masukuma would say they too want a new constitution founded on justice and fairness.
kadonye
#10 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:45:18 AM

@Magigi
Somehow u have a point
But don't mistake his silence for lack of enthusiasm.In 2005, he didn't campaign at all.It was assumed he was a YES person because of the words and actions of those close to him(Kiraitu, Michuki, Lucy). He did not even attend YES rallies like he is doing now.

In 2005, the only statement he made that could indicate he was a YES person was 'Katiba tushatoa,kila mtu asome na hii katiba inapeanwa ovyooo'

Why would Kibaki oppose the draft?
1.It's transitional clause grants Raila increased advantage since it requires that all appointments be done in consultation.
2.He is a big land owner

Why would Kibaki back the draft?
1.His legacy, arguably tainted by the 2007 skirmishes and corruption can be redeemed by delivery of a new constitution during his tenure and he becomes the head of state who promulgates it.
2.It contains most of what his lieutenants have been advocating for all along:Presidential system, devolution of resources with minimal devolution of power.

I think he's for it, though I could be wrong
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
kadonye
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:49:51 AM

Magigi wrote:

2.Two. Can anybody tell me which side is Lucy Kibaki. I have not seen her or heard from her for a long time. The way I know her, she must be a NO person. I stand to be corrected on this. Knowing how much power she wields over her husband, would I be wrong to suggest that she is the one who is holding the key to the treasury?

Leave Cucu Lucy out of this.I heard she got very ill to the point of being admitted at Karen Hospital some months back.She has not even been commenting on women/children issues since 2008
What a wicked man I am!The things I want to do,I don't do.The things I don't want to do I find myself doing
Fundaah
#12 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 8:53:34 AM

President Kibaki has said he supports the constitution....Lets leave it at that...he supports it and he is in the forefront with the PM campaigning for it ....
Isaiah 65:17-Look! I am creating new heavens and a new earth, and no one will even think about the old ones anymore
Magigi
#13 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:04:42 AM

Kadonye
...cant be left out of this...not when she has been harassing our man... and by the way did the man file a case with maendeleo ya wanaume?
sky5
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:13:08 AM

The president is a man of few words. Since he said he is in the 'Yes' team and supports the draft constitution, let's leave it at that. Anything else is just speculation.
kivairu
#15 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:29:08 AM

Some obsevation....its not just the mobs in kisumu who fata RAO blindly..at a Yes campaign rally in Emba last week Kibaki said with a lot of kiswahili sanifu " Raila amesema ukweli kabisa papa hapa". Could MK be swayed by Raila euphoria into the Yes camp?

Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein.
Intelligentsia
#16 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 9:40:06 AM

Fundaah wrote:
President Kibaki has said he supports the constitution....Lets leave it at that...he supports it and he is in the forefront with the PM campaigning for it ....

I agree.
We keep reading between the lines even when there are no lines in the first place!
Am surprised kenyans dont write that many novels given the sheer level of conspiracy theories in everything that happens including the cat that died yesterday.
masukuma
#17 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:40:25 PM

@mlefu...you just made my day. i will not insert any clause here.
smile
I think the old man heart is NO but he has to go YES.

Remember there are 3 Kinds of NO!,
The Ruto/Moi and others- NOs! (these people don't want a constitution at all)
There is Mine, Kadonye, Brewer,Bishop Oginde, Mark Kariuki, Lai and other's NO! (these want a JUST and FAIR constitution)
There is the Yellow group (YES, NO, YES YES No) group! (these have interests of the 1st NO but are cowards)

Kibaki is in the Yellow group, his mouth says YES, but he does not want YES.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
mlefu
#18 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 2:52:42 PM

Quote:
............including the cat that died yesterday.
..what happened?
Apple Bees
#19 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:15:08 PM

mlefu wrote:
Quote:
..what happened?

Really? tell us more
Mtu Biz
#20 Posted : Thursday, May 27, 2010 3:28:15 PM

Apple Bees wrote:
mlefu wrote:
Quote:
..what happened?

Really? tell us more

The cat was merely let out of the bag. the feline is still very much alive!d'oh!
Sola Scriptura