wazua Sun, Jul 7, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

2 Pages12>
Court Ruling....who squeezed the judges?
KulaRaha
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 5:44:27 AM

Looks like the majority feel perhaps this court ruling was dodgy, politically inspired and michievous.Liar

The big question now is, who squeezed the judges to make such a hilarious ruling?

Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
masukuma
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:09:13 AM

i don't think so...polls on Nation and Citizen TV yesterday had an Overwhelming majority (%67 and 75%) thinking otherwise.
vox populi vox dei.
All Mushrooms are edible! Some Mushroom are only edible ONCE!
Much Know
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:14:51 AM

What makes a majority in your view? Is it the people near you? Your family? The citizen poll showed 67% of callers supported the judges. Look at the nation online poll on the ruling, read the over 100 comments in it. In wazua the diasporans may warp the picture due to their obsession with dual citizenship. As much as am not a Christian, guess who is best reaching the grassroots in Kenya? Certainly not the online forums. The kadhi courts will shoot down the draft and not Christians as some want to make it. Repeat, I am not a christian. This courts were excluded in the wako draft which was ati 85% good and are now back in the coe draft (thanks to the populist politics)which is ati 90% good. For me its the opposite. 90-80=5, 5/85*100=5.8% by the same logic.
A New Kenya
Djagame
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 6:20:46 AM

The people who pay their salaries and are always fighting...

Case of "not biting the hand that feeds you"

Which also applies to our churches
"We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children" Native American Proverb
cruso
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:23:41 AM

All I know is that the Judges have a point which the church has been trying to make.
RELIGION = MAN LOOKING FOR GOD AND SALVATION = GOD LOOKING FOR MAN.
Njung'e
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:33:39 AM

It might turn out that this judges made a humble ruling which does not affect the current constitution (Since the case was challenging the Bomas draft) and hardly does it have any effect on the draft constitution (Remember;the draft has the provision of a constitutional court).........It could be that WE (Kenyans),have just become politically sensitive.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
Seeders
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 7:52:35 AM

a lot of ignorance doing the rounds. kenyans overreacting as usual to something that might be irrelevant.

Njunge wrote:
It might turn out that this judges made a humble ruling which does not affect the current constitution (Since the case was challenging the Bomas draft) and hardly does it have any effect on the draft constitution (Remember;the draft has the provision of a constitutional court).........It could be that WE (Kenyans),have just become politically sensitive.

masukuma
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 8:37:12 AM

it is not irrelevant, the ruling has raised a big question on the inclusion of the Kadhi's courts in the current constitution.
@Djagame..so the people who want the Kadhi's courts in the constitution are also doing the same to the hands of those that feed them?
Jump-steady
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 9:51:42 AM

Seems like there's a circus going on with this Kadhis courts. One Wazurian, can't remember the name, seems to have said it well when he said the courts are cast in stone. It seems there is an agreement that took place a long time ago between some Arabs and the former colonialists about these courts having to be with us for eternity! Talk of a virus in the body! Therefore the government should just tell Kenyans that their hands are tied by that agreement and there's nothing they can do about it instead of burying their head in the sand. However, the people of Kenya still need to find ways of how they van overturn such agreements that were done even before they were born just like the Nile treaty that only benefits Egypt and Sudan. And what a coincidence, these Arabs are very good at making agreements that safeguard their own interests...d'oh!
Tebes
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 10:05:37 AM

Gicheru!!!
"Never regret, if its good, its wonderful. If its bad, its experience."
kingfisher
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:01:23 AM

@Jump-steady.....remember the Nile water treaty of yester years??? We were told it was cast in stone by the same colonialists and some other governments on our behalf!!! But we have seen the light and trashed the thing and I can tell you we shall move on, war with egypt or not!!

Same to the Kadhi courts....colonoalists and some arabs want us to have their ways of life in our constitution for ever...poleni kwao...we shall dismiss the same as the nile shit!!

By the way, did the sultan come with some soil in a dhow to create the coastal strip? wao ABK na tena BUB!!!
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
Much Know
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:13:07 AM

kingfisher wrote:

By the way, did the sultan come with some soil in a dhow to create the coastal strip? wao ABK na tena BUB!!!
Laughing out loudly

Wacha Niongeze wao BKMYK!!!!
A New Kenya
masukuma
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:17:34 AM

@kingfisher, as far as we were concerned that Sultan similar to the Mzungu of Mainland - they were both WABEBERUs.
did these fellows own only the coastal line of kenya? since Kadhi's courts are not in the coastal line of Tanganyika.

MAU MAU
Mzungu/Mwarabu Aende Ulaya/Unguja Mwafrika Apate Uhuru
aemathenge
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:29:40 AM

Pray which "Mwafrica"? The Nilot from the Sudd or the Bantu from the Congo?
nanfor1
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:32:55 AM

if this is the view, then we should all forget about this Kenya thing people are talking about. Watu warudi kwao.

Did we ask that these Kikuyus come to rift valley? Hata wao warudi kwao. These are the arguments that belong in the shithole of modern life.

a contract was negotiated some time back. One party cannot just decide it does not exist. you either renegotiate the contract or you just nullify the contract. Ipso facto, the guys in the strip have legal standing to ask for their land back.

Watch what you say thinking you are attacking arabs as you call our fellow kenyans. You may just live to regret it.
Hata wakizima taa
kingfisher
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:51:34 AM

@nanfor1....
why are you sooooo biter in your posts today? Is anything the matter?

Ama waumia sababu ya ukweli?
When I have money, I get rid of it quickly, lest it find a way into my heart.
masukuma
#17 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:55:25 AM

@nanfor1, one person in the contract has been sneaking in the object of their treaty to where it was not bargained to be.
Kwanza...this treaty - was it only about the courts or some other things like mirrors exchanged hands too?
nanfor1
#18 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:56:13 AM

kingfisher you have a problem with kadhis courts say so. Stop hurling insults at Muslims. Ati warudi kwao.

I am very sure that you are not from Nairobi. Why not start with yourself. Or do you think guys like your nonsensical comments about something that can lead to trouble in this country. I have heard one madoadoa joke once too many times in my life and clouding it in religion only makes it worse.
Hata wakizima taa
masukuma
#19 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:58:27 AM

@kingfisher, she wants this document at all costs.
nanfor1
#20 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 11:58:34 AM

masukuma, as you can see your excitement yesterday was inherently premature.

in fact as soon as the court of appeal rules on this issue, the Kadhis court will forever be entrenched in the old constitution. It will be in the constitution and also in precedent law.

Never celebrate too soon.
Hata wakizima taa