wazua Fri, Jul 5, 2024
Welcome Guest Search | Active Topics | Log In | Register

3 Pages123>
Sponsored Hooligans
Ngalaka
#1 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 8:40:09 AM

What kind of leadership works with hooligans and hecklers!

Saturday 15th May there was arranged shouting down of certain leaders and praising of others!!!

On Saturday 01st during Labour day celebrations there were chants of Ruto must go, bla bla bla…

I am at loss what kind of politics this is!!

Can we trust the proponent of such politics with the instruments of power?

What if his rivals opt to use similar tactics. where would that leave the country.
Balkanisation is the most likely result of this strategy.

No wonder in the run up to 2007 neither Kalonzo nor Kibaki campaigned in a certain area thought to be the bedrock of these kinds of hooliganism.

Thank goodness the rest of the country knows better than employ such buffoonery, otherwise it would be a sorry state, where those aspiring national office are limited in where to sell their agenda.

Leaders must divorce themselves from these monkey tricks, of tacitly supporting/arranging hooliganism while pretending to be innocent and/or unaware of the plans!!!!!

Just like last Saturday, these boos and heckling were arranged and done in the run up to 2007 at Tononoka and repeated at Nakuru against Kalonzo.

Why is that when you challenge, oppose/disagree with this ‘enigma’ you most certainly become the target of these non civil tactics.

Doesn’t the enigma appreciate democracy and right to hold opinions different from his.
Has this intolerance of his got anything to do with the departure in a huff, of his erstwhile supporters such as Balala, Ruto, Magara etc.

If, tongue in cheek, the enigma became president would these heckling foot soldiers of his
tone down or up their approach???
In such a scenario this can stoke up lots of tension.
Of course even currently, their behavior doesn’t promote national healing and reconciliation. Kalonzo’s and Rutos supporters for instance won’t be entirely pleased with the treatment accorded their leaders.

Will Ocampo tame these kind of politicians. If not who will. Dr.Mzalendo Kibunja wont if his verdict of last week, on enigma is anything to go by.

Isuni yilu yi maa me muyo - ni Mbisuu
famooz
#2 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 9:31:05 AM

@ ngalaka,it tells you that although people speak of democrasia ( no wonder Moi used to ask democrasia gani?) we cannot tolerate different views or ideas. thats why the likes of Ngilu get the guts to ask MK to fire all ministers who are not supporting the draft. so the swali here then is,why then go to a referendum? They can just read it at a press conference an declare it law......( if you know what i mean)
The Real Shaft
#3 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 9:39:18 AM

you may need to review your theory...

you are assuming that we are...

all gentle and civil...

and that it is the politician...

who renders us nincompoops.....

why pass the dirt...

the leaders we have..

are the leaders we deserve...

I'm the real Massey Fergu...... Shut your mouth....
Njung'e
#4 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 10:05:21 AM

Very appalling......Watu wanakosa hata tabia mbaya?.Politicians should be able to tell their supporters (People?) that it is good to at least have some manners.
Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm.
poundfoolish
#5 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 10:59:17 AM

ah! but that Kalonzo fellow...
with his flaglike tendencies... he needs to show some steel..

He will be booed anywhere, awache kutafuta scapegoats kila wakati.
Ms Mkenya
#6 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 10:59:38 AM

Having used the road that morning, i am in no doubt as to where the hooligans came from...
They were trekking the usual morning trek, only this time it wasnt to Industrial area, but to Uhuru Park.
Na hiyo ni aibu.
....above all, to stand.
Ms Mkenya
#7 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 11:01:18 AM

@ Poundfoolish, i agree with you thought, he needs to stop crying foul each time.
He is a seasoned politician, he should sort himself out.
....above all, to stand.
Njung'e
#8 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:03:40 PM

@Pound,
There are better ways of telling this to Kalonzo......but grown men behaving like kids (utoto) is just too backward!!
madollar
#9 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:22:16 PM

the hooligans are also associated with a certain football team god forbid if you are a ref in one of their matches and the team looses
poundfoolish
#10 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:24:54 PM

What do you suggest?
They write 'letters to the editor' during their lunch breaks at Industrial area?
email perhaps?

Hold the rallies somewhere near the mukuru's perhaps???

Its rather general public feeling.. if the public thinks unayumbayumba then unayumbayumba.
Public sentiments are public sentiments..

I dont vouch for the booing, but claiming enemies everytime he's booed doesn't solve it politically.
the last time he was booed was in RV, if he ever shares a podium with Raila anywhere.. hes bound to be booed.
What was Raila to do? Rise and urge the crowd to listen to him?????
dossy7
#11 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:28:47 PM

@madollar i tend to disagree with your theory that the hooligans are supporters of a team which heckles the ref thet team you are saying with its supporters is one of the best teams in kenya and if the ref is giving the opponents an advantage over them why souldnt the fans complain.As to the kalonzo issue he deserves it since kenyans know his politics is always on the fence andwait for the masses to declare their interest then he follows suit.What kind of a leader id that?
Kenya ni yetu sisi sote
Wa_ithaka
#12 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:34:44 PM

Usual tribal nonsense against the Luos.

Different groups express their displeasure in different ways.
Kiuks plant additional wording in the Katiba...
The Governor of Nyeri - 2017
KulaRaha
#13 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:41:13 PM

Oh, Im so popular, I got 3% of the vote in the last elections....

Oh, Im so respected, I sold my soul in the midst of controversy and helped spark the worst voilence in the history of this nation....

Oh, Im so mature, I insist on sitting in the position of House Business Leader despite the accord stating that there are 2 principals, NOT 3...

Oh, Im so principled, jana I was YES and juzi I was NO, and today Im sitting in yes rally while Ruto gives my salaams in the no rally...

Oh...Kalonzo...useless human!
Business opportunities are like buses,there's always another one coming
mwenza
#14 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:49:56 PM

I thought it was a simple matter until i saw a very subdued-looking kalonzo briefing the press at the airport.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
hoodrat
#15 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 12:57:19 PM

Useless excuse of a politician!That was pure public mood no need to sponsor anything!How come Obako is not crying ?
Apparently there is nothing that cannot happen today!
famooz
#16 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 1:12:05 PM

There is something very archaic about hooliganism and everything associated with it. .......what was the PM supposed to do? Something he should have done along time ago,way before stone throwing,booing,heckling became associated with him.............
mwenza
#17 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 1:16:26 PM

Two weeks ago some two guys were sentenced in court for booing/heckling Kibaki in NYERI........ Did they also trek to Industrial area then to Uhuru park and finally to Nyeri????? Lets not be myopic.
IF YOU EXPECT ME TO POST ANYTHING POSITIVE ABOUT ASENO, YOU MAY AS WELL SIT ON A PIN
nostoppingthis
#18 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 1:18:43 PM

Some people are taking this opportunity for tribal bashing!!Shame on you shindwe!! I agree with whoever said this was a show of the mood of the crowd, regardless of where they were from. A leader sticks to whatever decision he makes, wrong or right...si huyu fence-sitter! he needs a spine. Is he admitting that Raila has a large following?

Despite that, Raila alihata opportunity...he should have settled the crowd...show of might!! and by doing that it doesn't necessarily mean he hired them...just power!
PONDI
#19 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 1:31:21 PM

didn't Gor loose their match this past weekend? it doesn't take a genius to know why... what, without their referee intimidating hire-lings in attendance ... mpira ulikuwa mwingi... walikiwa 'on special assignment' elsewhere
Njung'e
#20 Posted : Monday, May 17, 2010 1:41:48 PM

Let's learn to tolerate one another......and as Bak says,you cannot bully others unless you are absolutely bure kabisa!!